The Education Forum

JFK vs Allen Dulles: Indonesia

Dr Greg Poulgrain is a historian and lecturer on Southeast Asian history and author of JFK vs. Allen Dulles: Battleground Indonesia. In 1936, an Allen Dulles-established company discovered the world's largest gold deposit in remote Netherlands New Guinea. In 1962, President Kennedy intervened, and Netherlands New Guinea was added to President Sukarno's Indonesia. Neither Sukarno nor JFK was aware of the gold, since Dulles had not informed Kennedy. Using archival records as a basis, Greg Poulgrain adds word-of-mouth evidence from those people who were directly involved--such as Dean Rusk and others who worked with President Kennedy and Allen Dulles at the time; or the person who was with Michael Rockefeller when he mysteriously disappeared in West New Guinea during this whole affair.

Out Of The Blank #1211 - Greg Poulgrain
https://youtu.be/imY8QvGQ2a4

48 minutes ago, Robbie Robertson said:

Excellent, keep 'em rollin' in Robbie!

On 9/14/2022 at 1:08 PM, Robbie Robertson said:

Dr Greg Poulgrain is a historian and lecturer on Southeast Asian history and author of JFK vs. Allen Dulles: Battleground Indonesia. In 1936, an Allen Dulles-established company discovered the world's largest gold deposit in remote Netherlands New Guinea. In 1962, President Kennedy intervened, and Netherlands New Guinea was added to President Sukarno's Indonesia. Neither Sukarno nor JFK was aware of the gold, since Dulles had not informed Kennedy. Using archival records as a basis, Greg Poulgrain adds word-of-mouth evidence from those people who were directly involved--such as Dean Rusk and others who worked with President Kennedy and Allen Dulles at the time; or the person who was with Michael Rockefeller when he mysteriously disappeared in West New Guinea during this whole affair.

https://youtu.be/imY8QvGQ2a4

Bumping to remind myself to go back and watch this as it's on page three after less than a week with only the one post from Pete.  I have the book and think this will be interesting.

I finally went back and watched this.  Another good one.  The role of the US in the murders of a million rice farmer "Communists" hoping for land ownership is one of the worst examples of controlling another government ever.  The MSM ignoring it, worldwide is just as bad.  We already knew it but Dulles was despicable here again.  JFK had no idea what was really going on regarding the gold mine or oil.

I wish he would have gone into Dulles and De Mohrenschildt a little deeper as he does in the book.  George as a result of his involvement with Humble oil (read Prescott Bush) in selling oil to the Germans while they were at war with our allies before we entered WWII was sent out of the country a few months when this was found out and investigated.  It is speculated by Dulles, Bush's lawyer.  George was sent to Indonesia.  While there he reputedly found the largest producing oil well/ largest field (still at the time of this book), with the sweetest crude (little to no refining needed before processing) in the history of Southeast Asia.  The Japanese were poking around for oil as well in Indonesia and occupied the country during WWII.  Georges find was kept secret for many years after until Dulles worked out the 60% mineral rights scam over the Dutch deal.  As was the richest gold mine ever until the CIA changed regimes.

George's secrets were kept from the Warren Omission by his boss, Warren Commissioner Allen Dulles.  Who met his dad in the oil fields of Russia in WWI. 

His book was important to me not only for the Dulles and De Mohrenschildt information.  It kind of cinched it for me regarding JFK's assassination.  I'd read about his steadfastness about not committing the US to war at the BOP.  Then defying them all over the missiles in Cuba and saving us all.  Support of Lumumba.  No combat troops for Laos or Vietnam, withdraw advisors.  Seeking peace with Casto and Russia, the nuclear test ban treaty. 

His efforts to stabilize Indonesia, regarding the huge oil field and world's biggest gold mine, unbeknownst to him, helped convince Dulles and his superiors of the need for his elimination. 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:16 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I finally went back and watched this.  Another good one.  The role of the US in the murders of a million rice farmer "Communists" hoping for land ownership is one of the worst examples of controlling another government ever.  The MSM ignoring it, worldwide is just as bad.  We already knew it but Dulles was despicable here again.  JFK had no idea what was really going on regarding the gold mine or oil.

I wish he would have gone into Dulles and De Mohrenschildt a little deeper as he does in the book.  George as a result of his involvement with Humble oil (read Prescott Bush) in selling oil to the Germans while they were at war with our allies before we entered WWII was sent out of the country a few months when this was found out and investigated.  It is speculated by Dulles, Bush's lawyer.  George was sent to Indonesia.  While there he reputedly found the largest producing oil well/ largest field (still at the time of this book), with the sweetest crude (little to no refining needed before processing) in the history of Southeast Asia.  The Japanese were poking around for oil as well in Indonesia and occupied the country during WWII.  Georges find was kept secret for many years after until Dulles worked out the 60% mineral rights scam over the Dutch deal.  As was the richest gold mine ever until the CIA changed regimes.

George's secrets were kept from the Warren Omission by his boss, Warren Commissioner Allen Dulles.  Who met his dad in the oil fields of Russia in WWI. 

I listened to the fascinating interview but have not read the book. Is it for certain that George DeM went to Indonesia on behalf of Humble Oil?

8 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I listened to the fascinating interview but have not read the book. Is it for certain that George DeM went to Indonesia on behalf of Humble Oil?

Yes Paul.  As Poulgrain notes, "While circumstantial evidence suggests George temporarily left the United States, documentary or photographic evidence in the form of a ticket on the trans-Pacific clipper, or name on the passenger list, remain unavailable, but this is how he would have gone to the oil fields in NNG.  From San Francisco across the Pacific to Manila, and from there to Babo oil headquarters in NNG was one week's travel."  Pg. 68.  He was flown back with a $10,000 bonus, worth about $200,000 today per the author.  He used this to get a master's degree in Petroleum Geology from the University of Texas.

Chapter 3 of 7 in the book, 43 pages worth is titled "Dulles, de Mohrenschildt and Oil".  It in particular was fascinating to me though it does jump back and forth timewise a bit.  Here is a summary of some of the related/relevant points. 

At age 27 in 1920-21; "Allen Dulles task of lobbying for Standard Oil involved negotiating with the director of Nobel interests in Russia, Baron Sergius Alexandar von Mohrenschildt."  Pg. 54.  Somewhere in the chapter if I remember right, it mentions Dulles visiting them at home in the Baku oil fields, thus quite likely he met then 10-year-old George.

". . . and the exploration drilling by Humble Oil and Refining on a contract basis (in NNG).  Humble, the largest of the Texas producers, had been purchased secretly by Standard New Jersey sixteen years earlier."  "George was employed by the oil company, Humble Oil . . . He was involved in buying and transporting oil from Baytown, Texas, to Casablanca in French Morocco, before the United States entered the war.  Here was a link to Allen Dulles, Standard's top international lawyer . . .".   "What George does not explain . . . after being personally involved in the Vichy oil-tanker scandal - avoided court proceedings. . . . so Georges involvement with Vichy was bound to attract adverse publicity."  "George . . . suddenly became a weak link in Standard Oil's defense against any charge of dealing with the enemy."  

"Just when George needed to disappear Humble Oil was providing an oil-exploration team to be subcontracted by NNFPM - the company Allen Dulles had set up five years earlier to work in Netherlands New Guinea.  Because of their joint involvement in the Vichy oil tanker scandal centered on Humble Oil, a Standard Oil subsidiary, Dulles himself may have been the one to suggest that de Mohrenschildt could temporarily vacate the United States and go oil drilling."   

"In his brief period of oil-drilling with Humble Oil' George dM was instrumental int the discovery of a highly productive oil well in NNG.  At twenty-six thousand barrels per day, it was the largest single well ever discovered in Southeast Asia, and the record still stands today."   "The quality of this oil was unprecedented in terms of lightness and Sulphur free content, an advantage calculated in terms of savings in refinery costs."   "The second hole, Sele 40, was about halfway back along the road to Kasim . . . Ther was none of the scientific help to determine the location of the hole as in Sele 39.  Sele 40 seems to have been more on impulse; it might have been sited simply on the intuition of the roustabout who was conducting the drilling, George de Mohrenschildt."  "De Mohrenschildt achieved instant fame among his geological peers in the world of oil exploration, but the discovery itself remained unannounced - a repetition of the Ertsberg gold discovery".

"He was on a first name basis with the vice-president and other top executives at Humble - for example, Prescott Bush, who held a major interest in the company and whose lawyer was Allen Dulles." 

"And when the Dutch were forced to relinquish sovereignty of NNG in 1962, it still remained "undiscovered".   Only when Suharto came to power (in 1965) was the same oil field "rediscovered".

So only when Dulles plan to have Sukarno deposed and replaced by CIA sponsored Suharto did they start pumping oil.  After as well JFK's interference was eliminated with his death.  Dulles lived to see his competition eliminated, his long-term oil goal for the Rockefeller's achieved.  But not he gold aspect.  Mining didn't begin in earnest until the 1970's. 

Greg's book has the best and clearest explanation of what happened in Indonesia in the fall of 1965.

Suharto was playing both sides.