The Education Forum

John Marshall Smith and the Secret Service Agent

I watched a video uploaded by @Vince Palamaraabout Mark Lane and his last word.

Mark Lane stated that John Marshall Smith, a DPO encountered a person with Secret Service credentials  on the parking lot headed towards the railyard right after the assassination.

I searched for John Marshall Smith on this site, unfortunately I was not able to find a thread about him. 

If there is a thread, can someone post it here?

If not, does anyone have any testimony or video of John Marshall Smith stating he encountered a man with Secret Service credentials?

On 10/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I watched a video uploaded by @Vince Palamaraabout Mark Lane and his last word.

Mark Lane stated that John Marshall Smith, a DPO encountered a person with Secret Service credentials  on the parking lot headed towards the railyard right after the assassination.

I searched for John Marshall Smith on this site, unfortunately I was not able to find a thread about him. 

If there is a thread, can someone post it here?

If not, does anyone have any testimony or video of John Marshall Smith stating he encountered a man with Secret Service credentials?

Hi Gerry:

The DPD officer's name was actually Joe Marshall Smith. He was interviewed by Warren Commission Counsel Wesley J. Liebeler on July 23, 1964, in Dallas. His testimony is found in the Commission's hearings volumes, specifically volume 7, beginning at the bottom of page 531. His reference to encountering the individual with Secret Service credentials post assassination is on page 535. A link to his testimony is found below.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=41#relPageId=541 

Good  Day.... As DEBRA CONWAY intelligently + simply details for everyone within her outstanding, detailed article, "The Secret Service Agent on the Knoll" [1]

(QUOTE)

We now have a better understanding of Powell's activities and the time sequence while in Dealey Plaza.

He could not have been the knoll agent for several reasons:

• The time: he stopped to take his well-known photo of the School Book Depository building.
  • His actions: he was with a group of what he terms "Sheriffs." They were probably the ATF Agents.
  • Lastly, this not unimportant exoneration is that Powell, himself, reminds us that he had a camera.
    Officer Smith and the others surely would have remarked upon that in his description of the mysterious knoll agent.

(END QUOTE)

There are additional important considerations.

[1] "The Secret Service Agent on the Knoll" by Debra Conway, with contributions from Michael Parks and Mark Colgan, 2001  https://web.archive.org/web/20080212185325/http://www.jfklancer.com/knollagent/index.html

Best  Regards  in  Research,

++   +Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website:  "Men of Courage:  President Kennedy-elimination":  Evidence, 
Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Important, Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....

the Dealey Plaza Detailed Map:  Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses + Photographers locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in One
Convenient Resource....
https://i.imgur.com/8vSS1dp.gif
( updated map, + new information )

Discovery:  Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented  2nd  Head Snap: 
West, Ultrafast,  and  Directly
Towards  the  Grassy  Knoll ....

Visual Report:  The  First  Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK
was  Still  Hidden  Under  the warrenatti-apologist "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report:  Reality  Versus C.A.D. : the  Real  World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

T  ogether
E  veryone
A  chieves
M  ore

Current  Terrorism  Alerts  for  the  United  States:  advisory7regional.gif
http://www.dhs.gov

Dallas Sheriff Seymour Weitzman also reported seeing the fellow who flashed Secret Service credentials on or near the knoll. 

My guess is the GN gunman was armed with a snubnose .38, and fired twice as a diversion. Snubnose .38s can release a lot of noise and smoke, especially depending on the powder used, or whether the barrel was recently oiled. 

Poor Weitzman. First he sees a Secret Service agent who was never there, and then he saw a Mauser that was never there. 

Well, we all have off days. 

James Powell interviewed a few people before he entered the tsbd and got trapped inside. None of them mention his camera either. I think Powell possibly hid his camera under his coat in case people thought he was a journalist looking for a story rather than a military intelligence guy. It would make sense to hide the camera so as to ensure he got interviews from people which he could then write up as a report for his superiors.

Gerry, although many will disagree, Powell was not on assignment that day.  He had requested the day off specifically for the motorcade.  For that matter nobody from the Dallas office had been requested to be assigned to JFK duty by headquarters or locally.  Powell did however offer a report to his supervisor and did other interviews.  Way to long a story to cover here but you will find the interviews on line and also interviews with various 112th officers in the ARRB papers.

Powell is on the left in the first seconds of this video. His identity was confirmed to me by his widow. She was very happy to see it because she was able to show it to her family the same day I sent her the link. That day just happened to be their wedding anniversary. He took a photo at Love Field. He can be seen with his camera and a notepad.