The Education Forum

Lemay instigated the fire bombing of Tokyo,resulting in more deaths than the atomic bombs.  Carpet bombing does not really fit the definition. Lemay utilized special incindiary bombs to burn down as much of the city as possible. A war crime is defined  by the winner.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

No I have not seen that. 

Its true he thought what JFK was doing was giving in to the communists, but I have not seen any evidence he was actually organizing a coup.

I think what Bobby was talking about was that if the thing was not resolved, such a thing could happen. Because by this time, it was pretty much JFK and his brother alone.

Thanks.  No, I have not read of that either & O'Neill does not accompany the text with any Note to validate.

So, once more another pinch of sodium chloride.

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

No I have not seen that.

Jim, although there are no direct references to Notes on the actual page, at the back of O'Neill's 'Chaos' he gives info by page number, which relates to LeMay's coup plot with:-

See Curtis LeMay with MacKinlay Kantor, 'Mission with LeMay' (Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1965)  Warren Kozak, 'LeMay: The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay' (Washington D.C.: Regnery, 2009) and I.F. Stone, 'LeMay: Cave Man in a Jet Bomber, in a Time of Torment, 1961-1967' (Boston: Little, Brown, 1989), 92-104.

At the 6:25 mark, re: JFK Revisited

"The ultimate documentary on the JFK assassination"

Hardly.

Below are the two "ultimate" documentaries on the Kennedy assassination...

Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald (Frontline)

The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy (Peter Jennings Reporting)

Edited by Bill Brown

6 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Jim, although there are no direct references to Notes on the actual page, at the back of O'Neill's 'Chaos' he gives info by page number, which relates to LeMay's coup plot with:-

See Curtis LeMay with MacKinlay Kantor, 'Mission with LeMay' (Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1965)  Warren Kozak, 'LeMay: The Life and Wars of General Curtis LeMay' (Washington D.C.: Regnery, 2009) and I.F. Stone, 'LeMay: Cave Man in a Jet Bomber, in a Time of Torment, 1961-1967' (Boston: Little, Brown, 1989), 92-104.

Thanks for that Peter. Hopefully I will get some time to look this up.

16 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks for that Peter. Hopefully I will get some time to look this up.

Yeah, me too. Found the Kozak & Stone books on Amazon, fairly cheap, so will go for one of these.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, Lori Spencer said:

Ron, thanks so much for listening to the entire marathon broadcast, and for your kind comments. 

I interviewed Jim many moons ago at the 50th Anniversary gathering in Dallas for a series of articles published in Yahoo News. Unfortunately our chat was far too brief then, as we were both warm-weather birds seeking refuge from a brutal winter ice storm that blew into Big D that day. Only got a couple of quick quotes from Jim through chattering teeth then 🥶, but we more than made up for lost time with that 3.5 hour long form interview last month!

My original articles from JFK50 are archived on my old blog here. I think Jim is featured in Part II. 

JFK50: The Eyes of Texas, Pt. I

JFK50: The Eyes of Texas, Part II

Lori, I just finally went back and read your articles.  Both excellent, historically significant for their documentation of the events in Dealy Plaza in 2013.  I wanted to go but would not give up my personal info to the dhs for a chance at a ticket.  I followed Jim Schultze throughout the buildup.  Watched the official coverage that day.  Listened to Jeff Morley that night as featured speaker at Lancer.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:47 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Lori, I just finally went back and read your articles.  Both excellent, historically significant for their documentation of the events in Dealy Plaza in 2013.  I wanted to go but would not give up my personal info to the dhs for a chance at a ticket.  I followed Jim Schultze throughout the buildup.  Watched the official coverage that day.  Listened to Jeff Morley that night as featured speaker at Lancer.

Thanks, Ron. It was a CRAZY invasion of privacy for attendees to have to go through a full background check with the Department of Homeland Security just to enter Dealey Plaza that day. I refused to submit, so that's why I didn't get press credentials for the "official" ceremony. Sounded like a bore, anyway. The REAL action was happening in the streets outside Dealey Plaza that day. I even got to experience my first taste of Dallas Police brutality...er, rather, hospitality...when they tried to bum rush us out of the Plaza area (with a mighty assist from the feds)!

For those who don't have 3.5 hours to listen to a podcast, I've edited the highlights into shorter videos, to help you get right to the specific subjects that interest you most. (Also easier to share shorter segments on your social media.)

I've created a series of videos that will premiere from Nov. 20-25th to coincide with the 59th Anniversary this week on my YouTube channel, scheduled as follows:

"The JFK Assassination: Case NOT Closed!" (Premiere: Nov. 20, 2022 @ 8 PM)

"Nobody Cares About JFK Anymore!" (Premieres Nov. 21 at 6 PM Central)

Oliver Stone's "JFK Revisited" Author Jim Di Eugenio on New Evidence Pointing to a Conspiracy (Premiers Nov. 22 at 7 PM Central)

Jim Garrison: The Man Who Inspired Oliver Stone's "JFK" (Premiers Nov. 22 at 8PM Central)

JFK Historians SUE the U.S. Government Over JFK Files (Premiers Nov. 23 at 8PM Central)

THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS, PART 1: HOW IT STARTED (Premiers Nov. 24 at 6 PM Central)

THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS, PART 2: HOW IT ENDED (Premiers Nov. 24th at 8 PM Central)

HOW JFK TRIED TO END THE COLD WAR (Premiers Nov. 25th at 8 PM Central)

To get automatic reminders when each of these episodes go live, simply subscribe to my YouTube Channel and click the bell, then select "All" notifications. 

For your listening and viewing pleasure this Thanksgiving! Enjoy, everybody. (And a special thanks to Jim DiEugenio!)