The Education Forum

FL Gov. DeSantis features Brigade 2506 in new video

If this is not running for president, what the heck is?

21 minutes ago, Lori Spencer said:

Aaand DeSantis just won re-election by a sizable margin (race called at 8pm Eastern). 🗳 

That sucks but is not a surprise.  There is a story there, as you may know better than I, about the right co-opting the Cuban vote over JFK "abandoning the brigade" by not providing air support at the BOP.  Which is a l-i-e.

I agree Ron. 

Gaeton Fonzi wrote a really interesting article about this many years ago.

BTW, I have to note, DeSantis is only winning by 8 points.

Which makes me wonder, if Crist had not been primaried, and if he had that money to run in the general?

I think its dumb for the Dems to write off Florida. Too much at stake.

Yeah, it did come down to hanging chads, what was it the Brooks brothers suit's bit, and Clarence Thomas in 2000.  More to it than that.  But where much of this started.  Al Gore won. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

19 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah, it did come down to hanging chads, what was it the Brooks brothers suit's bit, and Clarence Thomas in 2000.  More to it than that.  But where much of this started.  Al Gore won. 

He did, and almost everyone agreed that he did.  But Al Gore is a public servant and did not make a stink about it. 

Everyone recalls that time right?  It was shocking.

Scalia issued the stay order when he saw that Gore was going to win.  The media is so bad on this, Jake Tapper especially.  And he covered that election.

Annette Benning and Warren Beatty were part of Gore's insider team.

They were really upset that something like this was going to happen again.  They kept on urging Gore to do something.

Finally, Gore got angry and he yelled: "What do you want me to do, put blood in the streets?"

Considering what happened in Iraq, that might have been a good idea.

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Florida was obviously stolen from Gore, but 22 years later, Florida is undoubtedly now a red state. It's also a giant, lawless sh*t show. The people there like it that way, but there's no way I would ever live in what amounts to a banana republic.

Matt literally lives in what amounts to a banana republic.. Chicago! 
Desantis's re'election speech reminded me of Conan the Barbarian "Florida is where "woke" goes to die"!!! 

19% is a Landslide 

The Republicans will probably nominate him in the next presidential election. It will be interesting to see whether Trump bows out early or continues his own quest. I think DeSantis has a better chance to win. 

7 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Matt literally lives in what amounts to a banana republic.. Chicago! 
Desantis's re'election speech reminded me of Conan the Barbarian "Florida is where "woke" goes to die"!!! 

19% is a Landslide 

I stand corrected on the tally.

Crist's districts must have come in early.

Just a reminder from 62 years ago yesterday — of a time when candidates conceded a close presidential race quickly, and with grace. 

One of Nixon’s best moves, which he deserves some credit for. If only this was still the tradition in the United States… (Trump still grousing about the 2020 election makes Nixon look like a prince by comparison! 😝