The Education Forum

Coming to Netflix 2023: MURDER FROM WITHIN (10 PART SERIES)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ken Davies said:

I believe that it is the trailer for a Netflix series.

1) I doubt that Netflix would invest in such a project. 

2) The production values of the video are below Netflix' standards. 

So, it appears to be a video series that will be available through Netflix. Now, that's not saying much. At one point, I was regularly checking in on Amazon Prime and Netflix to see what videos were available. Well, I was surprised to see that roughly half the videos were self-produced schlock, some of which "borrowed" heavily from other sources. IOW, the quality of some programming available through these streaming services is about the same as that on YouTube, which isn't saying much.

35 minutes ago, Ken Davies said:

I believe that it is the trailer for a Netflix series.

I think it is a DIY trailer for the book done by the author himself. The title of the youtube video is even called "Murder From Within Book Trailer". There is no mention of Netflix on that trailer. I would imagine if this is being bought by Netflix for series, they would create their own trailer. 

Edited by Gerry Down

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

I think it is a DIY trailer for the book done by the author himself. The title of the youtube video is even called "Murder From Within Book Trailer". There is no mention of Netflix on that trailer. I would imagine if this is being bought by Netflix for series, they would create their own trailer. 

It is coming to Netflix in 2023 per Tyler Newcomb. Yes, it is based off the book but it is coming.

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

1) I doubt that Netflix would invest in such a project. 

2) The production values of the video are below Netflix' standards. 

So, it appears to be a video series that will be available through Netflix. Now, that's not saying much. At one point, I was regularly checking in on Amazon Prime and Netflix to see what videos were available. Well, I was surprised to see that roughly half the videos were self-produced schlock, some of which "borrowed" heavily from other sources. IOW, the quality of some programming available through these streaming services is about the same as that on YouTube, which isn't saying much.

It is coming to Netflix in 2023 per Tyler Newcomb. Yes, it is based off the book but it is coming.

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_9868.jpgA NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM

1 minute ago, Gerry Down said:

Strange Netflix would allow an "LBJ did it" production, but cut off Oliver Stones "JFK: Revisited". 

I cant see how an "LBJ did It" production would pass the fact-checkers at Netflix. 

It could be BECAUSE it doesn't carry the weight of Stone and a big media blitz behind it that it is viewed as harmless? Who knows. Jack Roth's new book (although a Skyhorse publication) is being distributed by Simon & Schuster, the biggest book outlet there is and one that usually caters to anti-conspiracy books. Stuff happens.

20 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Jack Roth's new book (although a Skyhorse publication) is being distributed by Simon & Schuster, the biggest book outlet there is and one that usually caters to anti-conspiracy books. Stuff happens.

I wonder how they managed to get Simon & Schuster to do that. Connections maybe? Or did Simon & Schuster just think that this might be a good seller with the 60th anniversary coming up. 

12 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

There is a Facebook page dedicated to the film. Tyler Newcomb, the son of Fred Newcomb, runs it.

Didn't the elder Newcomb claim in Murder From Within that presidential limousine driver William Greer shot Kennedy in the head with a pistol from the front seat of the car?

Just now, Gerry Down said:

I wonder how they managed to get Simon & Schuster to do that. Connections maybe? Or did Simon & Schuster just think that this might be a good seller with the 60th anniversary coming up. 

Good point. I am always amazed how certain films/videos or books beat the odds and get big backing from a normally hostile outlet.