The Education Forum

"Was Oswald an Agent of the CIA?" Where is it?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

This would be better if you gave the RIF#, and page # of where this is from.  See - 180-10147-10235, page 146.  

But, well done.  Now what's also worth noting is that endnote 567 says " See Section - " and that's it. They effectively erased the endnote.

image.jpeg.1eb19406577d28a3266617f52ebfe586.jpeg

Well that’s not suspicious at all… 

Documents discussing Oswald having a possible relationship with the government seem to have a habit of disappearing and never making it into the JFK Collection. 

OK, where is the report?

Fred LItwin just said that he linked to that report weeks ago.

OK, DVP, Tracy, etc ask him to make the url public.  I would love to see that report and post it at K and K.

JIM D

1 hour ago, Robin Finn said:

The passage  is found on page 142 of the Mexico City report. The footnote to the passage reads "See Section" followed by just blank space.

Robin, are you saying that they now erased the mention of the report?

Then what is Fred talking about?  I want to see that report.

2 hours ago, Steve Rosen said:

I agree. JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass (2021) by Oliver Stone (for those unaware) is a great documentary. And well done James DiEugenio (writer) (and Vince P.) for your contributions to it. Salute. 

I was able to show the first hour to a law school class I teach under the criminal law and procedure section of the course. For the students, it was an eye-opener and they really enjoyed it.

Thanks Steve.  Much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Robin, are you saying that they now erased the mention of the report?

Then what is Fred talking about?  I want to see that report.

The mention of the report is there,but the footnote to the passage only says "See Section" followed by blank space.

48 minutes ago, Robin Finn said:

The mention of the report is there,but the footnote to the passage only says "See Section" followed by blank space.

Wow.   That is about as low as it gets.

OK Fred, where is the report?  You say you linked to it, how?

45 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

OK Fred, where is the report?  You say you linked to it, how?

From Fred Litwin's blog post dated Dec. 18, 2022:

[Quote On:]

"Two days ago, I posted a message from James DiEugenio on the Education Forum in which he wondered when the CIA was going to release an HSCA report on whether Oswald was a CIA agent.

My post included a link to the exact report.

Clearly, Mr. DiEugenio did not read my post."

[/Quote Off.]

Here's Fred's full blog post:

(Since Jim D. has all LNers "on ignore", maybe some CTer can quote this post and then do that "@Jim DiEugenio" thing that notifies him of this post.)

Edited by David Von Pein

RIF #180-10147-10163 seems to be the CIA report answering the question was Lee Harvey Oswald a CIA agent?

This report has been talked about for years by Jim DiEugenio as having been excised from the Lopez report.  180-10147-10163 is 109 pages long.  That attachments get detached or not included where they may have been originally is very common in the JFK records collection.  This appears to be the case here. And it was given a RIF# separate from the Lopez report. 

I'll say more when I read it.  

Joe

On 12/18/2022 at 8:57 PM, Matt Allison said:

That seems to have quickly silenced Lance lol

I love a quality burn like this. Kudos, Robin. 10 outta 10 :)

Bye

Edited by Lance Payette

8 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

RIF #180-10147-10163 seems to be the CIA report answering the question was Lee Harvey Oswald a CIA agent?

This report has been talked about for years by Jim DiEugenio as having been excised from the Lopez report.  180-10147-10163 is 109 pages long.  That attachments get detached or not included where they may have been originally is very common in the JFK records collection.  This appears to be the case here. And it was given a RIF# separate from the Lopez report. 

I'll say more when I read it.  

Joe

Hehe you beat me to it 180-10147-10163 and 180-10147-10235 were among the first I printed (I really wanted to take my time to read them... paper works for me...).   But, at that time, I was actually looking for information on the destruction of his military intell file, don't recall the number, but I do remember the AB file number was very close to my birthdate... Anyway, it's also "in there" "somewhere".

I got in contact with Danny and Eddy.

Neither one of them wrote this.

Danny thinks it was written after he left and supervised by the late Mickey Goldsmith and written by other team members.

By just reading the first few pages, you can tell it was not written by them.

And it does not include the work of Betsy Wolf.