The Education Forum

Oliver Stone and Jim DiEugenio interviewed by Eloise

In my view, this is the best interview that Oliver has done since the film debuted at the Cannes FIlm Festival back in 2021.

This woman in a famous podcaster in Quebec, who did not like the on stage interview with Oliver on the last night he was there.  So she got in contact with Paul Bleau and Paul contacted me and Oliver.  She came down with her crew in October and filmed this at Oliver's home.  Everyone should watch it.  JFK Revisited is the gift that keeps on giving. Almost 18 months after it was first shown.

Welcome Rob.

I have seen almost all of Oliver's interviews and accompanied him on some of them.

This is the best one I think he has given.

I really recommend that everyone watch it.  The interviewer asked some good questions also.

Let me add one point about the gift that keeps on giving.

This evening makes six months since JFK Revisited was placed for sale on DVD.

Today, on the Amazon list for documentaries, it clocks in at number five. 

So after a half a year, it is still selling well and is in the top ten.

This is a JFK documentary!

Plus, People still want to interview Oliver and myself over a film that debuted back in 2021.

Unprecedented for a JFK documentary.

Jim,

Outstanding interview.   A++.  It's a great overview and back story on the making of the film.

Your comments about seeing the photo of JFK learning about Lumumba's death--and exploring JFK's radical vision for America's role in the world-- were quite poignant.

On a side note, I noticed that Oliver Stone remains skeptical about LBJ's possible involvement in the JFK murder plot.

I got the impression that Oliver, perhaps understandably, really doesn't want to believe that LBJ may have been in on the plot.

The best interview I've seen with both of you.  Both have other excellent interviews separately.  But the format here is different and welcome.  A young lady, from a much younger generation than us interested in the subject enough to come down from Canada.  One who asks a few pertinent questions, then let's you and Oliver talk.   

The part on Peace, from all perspectives, was interesting.  I'd never heard the term creative destruction in relation to ongoing war.  Nor had I heard of Israel stealing the bomb put that way (accurate, more there).

I just watched JFK Revisited ( third viewing ) two nights ago on my home TV.

I paid $2.99 cents to do so.

I've paid this $2.99 fee all three times.

In my JFK truth seeking obsessed mind it's money well spent.

Just watched the video above.

Much covered in such a short one hour long interview.

One question regards a point in "JFK Revisited."

What was the deal with Oswald wearing a ring on his right hand in one of the backyard photos, and that ring is shown on the other hand in another of the photos?

This was the first time I ever heard about the Oswald back yard photos ring hand switch discrepancy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Someone on Greg Parker's forum pointed that out to me.

So we put it in the film.  

In retrospect we should have also added the square chin vs pointed chin issue that members of the HSCA pointed out also.

BTW, I just watched that interview for the third time.

Hands down its the best one Oliver has done, better even than Joe Rogan.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Let me add one point about the gift that keeps on giving.

This evening makes six months since JFK Revisited was placed for sale on DVD.

Today, on the Amazon list for documentaries, it clocks in at number five. 

So after a half a year, it is still selling well and is in the top ten.

This is a JFK documentary!

Plus, People still want to interview Oliver and myself over a film that debuted back in 2021.

Unprecedented for a JFK documentary.

I just purchased the Blu-Ray on Amazon.

Thanks Roger, enjoy.  I know you will.

1 hour ago, Joseph McBride said:

Yes, a marvelous interview with the two of you

and the excellent young interviewer. She gives

us hope that the cause will live on. I find my

students are deeply interested in the subject

when I discuss it in my classes.

Stone seemed enthusiastic yet at ease.

The young interviewer ( sincerely enthusiastic and informed herself ) brought the best out of both of you. Great job on her part.

Clearly Stone felt supported with your presence Jim. He often looked to you to help fill in areas of his recollections of different aspects of the film research and editing, knowing and totally trusting your vast JFK research knowledge in so many areas such as JFK's foreign policy challenges.

And thank goodness you have a manner of injecting some light humor in your interviews JD.

Which most often wonderfully exposes the laughable absurdity of the Lone Nut proponents and their arguments as well as pointing out coincidences that are simply too illogical to be blindly dismissed as not importantly suspicious.

Well practiced, polished and not over done.

It keeps your interviews enjoyably balanced versus ones that are overly heavy as the subject matter inherently is unfortunately.

My take anyway.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Stone brought up Jim Garrison and his book "On The Trail Of The Assassins."

Obviously, it had a huge impact on Stone.  

So much so, he frames almost all of his film JFK around Garrison's shared findings in it.

This was my first JFK book reading as well.

It pulled me in totally. A super entertaining and at times even funny tome as well as inspiring in it's righteous indignation regards the JFK truth coverup.

I've watched Stone's film JFK so many times since 1991 ( I also watched it twice when it first came out in theaters ) I can quote almost every line and even decently mimic the characters in their deliveries of them.

My wife long ago tired of being my only audience for my act though. It's a sad thing to accept the reality of such lonely unfulfilled performance urges.

Garrison's book gave the JFK event a life so much more scintillating and expansive than others before it.

Every character in it pulls you in. Their eccentricities only enhance their dramatic attractiveness and story and plot contributions.

I am watching the film in my neurofeedback sessions even today. This involves watching a film while monitoring leads are attached to your scalp.

Something to hopefully aid in long term concussion recovery.

Can't get enough of incredible performances by so many top actors in the film.

John Candy's Dean Andrews is fabulous. Same with Jack Lemmon's Jack Martin, Tommy Lee Jones's Clay Shaw etc. etc.

Jim Di said in the interview above that Stone's JFK should have won so many more Academy Awards than it did. That pressure from sinister outside forces kept it from doing so.

Of course, this is absolutely true.