The Education Forum

FOFO - Fear of Finding Out

There is now a definition of what for me mostly drove the JFKA cover up by top leaders in the USG and mass media that continues to the present day:

FOFO (Fear of Finding Out) explains why organisations, governments and leaders maybe reluctant to establish what is actually occurring, or has historically occurred.

Borrowed from medical psychology to explain the barriers that prevent someone seeking a diagnosis for a suspected illness, the term has increasingly been used in an organisational context. 

FOFO has been used to explain why officials (government, regulatory, etc,.) may be reluctant to investigate an issue because it may reveal potential failures and lapses on their part. It has been used to explain why government agencies were reluctant to investigate or hold inquires for medical errors, illegal environmental practices, safety incidents and policy failures.

From this global health leader:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/globalhsemanager_fofo-fear-of-finding-out-explains-why-organisations-activity-7025407176747700224-YvKy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

35 minutes ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

There is now a definition of what for me mostly drove the JFKA cover up by top leaders in the USG and mass media that continues to the present day:

FOFO (Fear of Finding Out) explains why organisations, governments and leaders maybe reluctant to establish what is actually occurring, or has historically occurred.

Borrowed from medical psychology to explain the barriers that prevent someone seeking a diagnosis for a suspected illness, the term has increasingly been used in an organisational context. 

FOFO has been used to explain why officials (government, regulatory, etc,.) may be reluctant to investigate an issue because it may reveal potential failures and lapses on their part. It has been used to explain why government agencies were reluctant to investigate or hold inquires for medical errors, illegal environmental practices, safety incidents and policy failures.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/globalhsemanager_fofo-fear-of-finding-out-explains-why-organisations-activity-7025407176747700224-YvKy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

I've been guilty of this myself.  Fortunately, my slight malady was nothing more, but I should have had it checked sooner.

It's easy to see how it would apply to the USG and the MSM.

A perfect example is the Warren Commission.  With the exception of Dulles, who already knew, none of them really wanted to know the Truth.  It was too terrible to face.

Edited by Ron Bulman

3 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

The three monkeys, hear, see and speak no evil, come to mind. 

I think this applies to the JFK research community to some extent. We would rather focus on Oswald’s guilt or innocence rather than on who done it if he didn’t. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think this applies to the JFK research community to some extent. We would rather focus on Oswald’s guilt or innocence rather than on who done it if he didn’t. 

It applies to a swathe of the population who desire not to have the sensation of fear, uncertainty, and other negative emotions that cause anxiety and neurosis. Part of the reason there is still so much trust in government is that the alternative is unbearable to them. It means they are alone. People like to feel protected, safe, stable. IMHO it doesn’t just apply to lone nut theory guys, its a whole lot of people concerning current affairs. At the risk of being misunderstood, women typically are more prone to this. Of course there are exceptions. 

I am not sure its an excuse for top governmental departments, its more about maintaining public support and faith in them. Keeping reputations in tact. 

7 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

It applies to a swathe of the population who desire not to have the sensation of fear, uncertainty, and other negative emotions that cause anxiety and neurosis. Part of the reason there is still so much trust in government is that the alternative is unbearable to them. It means they are alone. People like to feel protected, safe, stable. IMHO it doesn’t just apply to lone nut theory guys, its a whole lot of people concerning current affairs. At the risk of being misunderstood, women typically are more prone to this. Of course there are exceptions. 

I am not sure its an excuse for top governmental departments, its more about maintaining public support and faith in them. Keeping reputations in tact. 

Dr Helen Caldicott called it psychic numbing.

10 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Dr Helen Caldicott called it psychic numbing.

Thanks, Paul. I just scanned the wiki page on it after your reply. 

Do you think this explains the feeling of apathy amongst the population? 

55 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thanks, Paul. I just scanned the wiki page on it after your reply. 

Do you think this explains the feeling of apathy amongst the population? 

Very much, because as you say people find it unsettling to see the calumny in their leaders and the ulterior motives of the ruling class.

Excellent point Michaleen Kilroy.

One of the big white elephant truths in the room.

This psychological trait is so real.

Everyone feels this fear in their lives.

We all block off and refuse to even deal with so many things.

On an entire societal level America has been afflicted with this blocking out fear on many levels and with many specific areas of the most major historic importance.

Who killed JFK, MLK and RFK?

Who killed Dorothy Kilgallen?

How corrupt were LBJ, Nixon and J. Edgar Hoover really?

The true mental instability state of Donald Trump.

Etc. Etc.

Edited by Joe Bauer