The Education Forum

Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!

Matthew Koch

55 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

That "Ultra" podcast was fantastic; a valuable history lesson for all Americans. She did a great public service with it.

And it wasn't partisan or opinion-oriented in the slightest.

Agree all, Matt.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Leslie- why dont you state a separate thread not only on records not are not in the collection but also for researchers to document their communications with NARA or agencies to obtain these records. we may want to add some further examples of how NARA has mishandled or failed to comply with these requests.

Will do Larry, if a thread doesn't already exist. 

I'll include links to J. Gary Shaw's suit as example, and track down Hank Albarelli's FOIA for Souetre files as well.

It's clear you're not in a position to get into the debate about Carlson's motives, and I respect that a bird in the hand is ....

But for any who are listening, I contend the issue is relevant to the discussion at hand when it is argued that because Carlson pursued the NARA case five years after Trump failed to conform to the JFK Record Act, he's a better journalist than those of opposing political persuasion who are cognizant he is attempting to politicize what should have been a bipartisan effort all along.   You no doubt recall that Hilary Clinton was on board release of the files.  What happened?

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Will do Larry, if a thread doesn't already exist. 

I'll include links to J. Gary Shaw's suit as example, and track down Hank Albarelli's FOIA for Souetre files as well.

It's clear you're not in a position to get into the debate about Carlson's motives, and I respect that a bird in the hand is ....

But for any who are listening, I contend the issue is relevant to the discussion at hand when it is argued that because Carlson pursued the NARA case five years after Trump failed to conform to the JFK Record Act, he's a better journalist than those of opposing political persuasion who are cognizant he is attempting to politicize what should have been a bipartisan effort all along.   You no doubt recall that Hilary Clinton was on board release of the files.  What happened?

Yes, start your own thread, LS. 

I will read and consider what you have to offer. 

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W-

In the US justice system (at least when it works properly) anyone, even Trump, is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

And that in a court of law, before a jury, with adequate defense counsel. 

The state is forbidden from hiding exculpatory evidence, and there are rules of evidence (such as excluding hearsay "evidence"). 

Much goes into this judicial system, to prevent witch-hunts.  

Official government investigations can control evidence revealed, admit hearsay, exclude exculpatory, include and exclude witnesses, engage in conjecture as if fact-finding---and all without a noisome defense counsel. 

The Warren Report resulted from a government investigation. 

---

You are stating someone has to "prove Trump innocent."

Should we apply that standard to Biden as well? And then who else? Where does this new standard of "guilty until proven innocent" end?

The slope to witch-hunts and worse is the "guilty until proven innocent" standard. 

Listen to Larry Schnapf.

Get a clue, Ben.  (I was hoping to be free of your bloviations after the mods closed the MAGA spam thread.)

Larry Schnapf claimed (above) that Trump is not a Russian asset.

I asked for proof of his assertion, which I believe to be false.

The fact that Trump has not yet been outed as a Russian asset doesn't mean that he isn't one.

You never read the Mueller Report.

Trump obstructed Mueller's investigation, repeatedly, and Bill Barr misrepresented the conclusions of Mueller's aborted investigation.

There is ample circumstantial evidence that Trump is a compromised Russian asset, which even conservative intellectual George F. Will believed after Trump's disgraceful press conference in Helsinki in 2018.

People affiliated with the KGB have maintained that Trump was targeted by the KGB years ago.

Felix Sater announced in 2015 that Putin planned to install Trump in the White House.

Former KGB Lt. Col. Putin knows all about kompromat and entrapment.

As for Mr. Schnapf, I commend his work on behalf of securing the release of the JFK records.

He's a law professor at NYU.  I'm a magna cum laude Ivy League alum and graduate of Harvard Medical School.

Am I supposed to accept Mr. Schnapf's rather dubious opinions about Trump and Fox News as gospel?

Edited by W. Niederhut

25 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

We should listen to Larry Schnapf on matters of law. 

If you have extremely firmly held ideologies or beliefs regarding the JFKA, that is fine.

But can we stop the pissing wars and back Larry? He is doing good work. 

I am sure I have some disagreements some political issues with Larry, or have different suspects in mind for the JFKA. 

So what? 

Ben, will you join me in the effort proposed by Larry? Will you actively support and contribute to a new Ed Forum thread that is exclusive, i.e. limited to gathering a list of the more egregious mishandling of NARA files - not just the Joannides batch — but others including Jean Rene Marie Soutre and Dallas INS November 1963? It will require time and effort to solicit information to build the list. It's your opportunity to actively support Larry, Bill and the rest of the team as you are admonishing others to do.

Do you live in Britain? which would limit your efforts to approach your local, state and federal representatives.

I don't know the level of knowledge you have of the actual investigation, but you seem to be committed to a bipartisan effort to solve the case and we agree that securing the rest of the assassination and related files is a major (perhaps final) step.  Either the files being withheld are holding keys, or they're not.

Pls. advise? 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

5 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Thank you Matthew. Even more interesting is the Wikipedia article on Nancy Green. I agree it’s an important story. The families of two black women, Nancy Green and Anna Harrison, the second Aunt Jemima, lost their suit against Quaker Oats in 2015. Family members seem to think that the original recipe was Nancy Green’s. Maybe Quaker Oats stole her recipe, but it seems unlikely. I hope she benefitted from being the face for 20 years, but seeing as she was buried in a paupers grave I doubt it. Quaker Oats owned the name Aunt Jemima, taken from a Minstrel show, and at the recommendation of Judge Walker, for whose household she worked as a domestic in Chicago in the early 1890’s, hired her to be the face and promote the product, which she did well. So Nancy Green was real, as was Anna Harrington. Their faces were caricatured for the logo. But Aunt Jemima was a brand name invented by a milling company, later sold to Quaker Oats. None of this changes my view that my mom was way ahead of the Woke curve, knew a racist image or word when confronted with it, and had the courage of her convictions. 
To respond to your questions about the Redskins and other like images, I don’t think that origin story changes anything. It’s time we moved last all that. Redskins, Indians, Tomahawk chop. Bye bye. Now, having said that, I think we are in danger of going overboard here in the Woke SF Bay Area. A few years ago the SF Board of Supervisors tried to change the names of High Schools named after Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln, actually voted to do so. Fortunately they rescinded their decision under fire. But I do understand the deep desire to change our racist history by bringing to the surface the myriad ways, not just the obvious ones like slavery, that racist attitudes have persisted, and are sometimes facilitated unconsciously. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Leslie - I will surely join you. Larry’s suggestion is on the money. 

Right on, Paul. 

Hopefully Ben and others committed to Larry and Bill's effort will get on board.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Get a clue, Ben.  (I was hoping to be free of your bloviations after the mods closed the MAGA spam thread.)

Larry Schnapf claimed (above) that Trump is not a Russian asset.

I asked for proof of his assertion, which I believe to be false.

The fact that Trump has not yet been outed as a Russian asset doesn't mean that he isn't one.

You never read the Mueller Report.

Trump obstructed Mueller's investigation, repeatedly, and Bill Barr misrepresented the conclusions of Mueller's aborted investigation.

There is ample circumstantial evidence that Trump is a compromised Russian asset, which even conservative intellectual George F. Will believed after Trump's disgraceful press conference in Helsinki in 2018.

People affiliated with the KGB have maintained that Trump was targeted by the KGB years ago.

Felix Sater announced in 2015 that Putin planned to install Trump in the White House.

Former KGB Lt. Col. Putin knows all about kompromat and entrapment.

As for Mr. Schnapf, I commend his work on behalf of securing the release of the JFK records.

He's a law professor at NYU.  I'm a magna cum laude Ivy League alum and graduate of Harvard Medical School.

Am I supposed to accept Mr. Schnapf's rather dubious opinions about Trump and Fox News as gospel?

W--

Please start another thread with your beliefs about Trump. 

I read the Mueller Report, which is largely conjectural---in common with all official investigations, I have come to conclude. 

It is solid ground to stand on to affirm the basic and minimum principle that anyone--high or low--must be considered innocent until proven guilty in an open court of law. 

No one has to "prove Trump innocent." Rightly so, it works the other way around. 

Start another thread, and let's see what you come up with. 

Leslie Sharp- that would be great.  it could become a tool to help with our lawsuit.  

I also just want to be clear that in explaning the burdens of proving a defamation case, I was not defending Fox. I was simply responding to some posts who seemed to suggest Domination had a slam dunk case based on the selective desposition leaks. 

and I once urge those who watch the more progressive cable news programs to try to organize and apply pressure on them to follow the JFK Records case. the one lesson from the Dominion defamation case is that a cable network feels pressure when its audience is unhappy and is beginning to drift to other stations. If you guys can make it clear to the other stations that they need to cover the illegal withholding of assassination records, then we wont have to rely on Tucker to break news on this topic. 

Finally, if any of you have good contacts at any of the good government/open government/transparency nonprofits, please let me know. we'd love to have them file amici briefs opposing the governments motion to dismiss. You all can help with this important lawsuit. 

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Ben, will you join me in the effort proposed by Larry? Will you actively support and contribute to a new Ed Forum thread that is exclusive, i.e. limited to gathering a list of the more egregious mishandling of NARA files - not just the Joannides batch — but others including Jean Rene Marie Soutre and Dallas INS November 1963? It will require time and effort to solicit information to build the list. It's your opportunity to actively support Larry, Bill and the rest of the team as you are admonishing others to do.

Do you live in Britain? which would limit your efforts to approach your local, state and federal representatives.

I don't know the level of knowledge you have of the actual investigation, but you seem to be committed to a bipartisan effort to solve the case and we agree that securing the rest of the assassination and related files is a major (perhaps final) step.  Either the files being withheld are holding keys, or they're not.

Pls. advise? 

I live in Thailand. 

What I support is you posting in the JFKA Debates your views on the true perps of the JFKA, and how their backers have influenced US policies. 

And your views about opening all JFK and other records are interesting to me.  

If you have evidence that the true perps of the JFKA remain influential in US government today, and are active somehow, then bring it on.

I am less interested in denigrating people who have different points of view than mine.

I hope you are open to civil discussions on what may be debatable points in your presentations.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I live in Thailand. 

What I support is you posting in the JFKA Debates your views on the true perps of the JFKA, and how their backers have influenced US policies. 

And your views about opening all JFK and other records are interesting to me.  

If you have evidence that the true perps of the JFKA remain influential in US government today, and are active somehow, then bring it on.

I am less interested in denigrating people who have different points of view than mine.

I hope you are open to civil discussions on what may be debatable points in your presentations.

Are you a US citizen, just out of curiosity?

I respect highly your support of Larry and the team's efforts to secure the final batch of documents. But I'm assuming with this response that your support is limited to moral, not actively contributing in some fashion?

10 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Are you a US citizen, just out of curiosity?

I respect highly your support of Larry and the team's efforts to secure the final batch of documents. But I'm assuming with this response that your support is limited to moral, not actively contributing in some fashion?

Verily, I live offshore now.  'Nuff said.

I encourage you to start a thread regarding the true origins of the JFKA.

I am open to your views. 

12 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Leslie Sharp- that would be great.  it could become a tool to help with our lawsuit.  

I also just want to be clear that in explaning the burdens of proving a defamation case, I was not defending Fox. I was simply responding to some posts who seemed to suggest Domination had a slam dunk case based on the selective desposition leaks. 

and I once urge those who watch the more progressive cable news programs to try to organize and apply pressure on them to follow the JFK Records case. the one lesson from the Dominion defamation case is that a cable network feels pressure when its audience is unhappy and is beginning to drift to other stations. If you guys can make it clear to the other stations that they need to cover the illegal withholding of assassination records, then we wont have to rely on Tucker to break news on this topic. 

Finally, if any of you have good contacts at any of the good government/open government/transparency nonprofits, please let me know. we'd love to have them file amici briefs opposing the governments motion to dismiss. You all can help with this important lawsuit. 

We can incorporate that request on the new dedicated thread.

I believe it was Ben who said recently that this is a tiny pond . . . and perhaps he was referring only to the recent thread that almost took down the house . . . that none other than the twelve or so even cared about the debate.

II argued that he has no idea who is following Ed Forum from the bleachers.  That argument was borne out yesterday when two other credible sites picked up on the brouhaha of of that particular thread and ran with it - unfortunately in a ridiculing fashion.  

The point being ... this, and other forums that qualified amateur researchers follow, can have spin-off results in support of the NARA case.  I know you have invested considerable energy already to set similar efforts in motion, and possibly you've suggested this at Ed Forum previously. Hopefully moderators will recognize redundancy.

Another venue or two might tip the scales.

[for the record, I sent Maddow's staff a copy of Coup. No response to date. Maybe another attempt, through our publisher, highlighting your arguments that Carlson has grabbed the gauntlet might have some success.]

1 minute ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Verily, I live offshore now.  'Nuff said.

I encourage you to start a thread regarding the true origins of the JFKA.

I am open to your views. 

Ben, apparently you misread the exchange with Larry.  We're discussing a thread dedicated solely to egregious failures by NARA to fulfill FOIA requests, not yet another thread on the origins of the assassination in Dallas. Best you not attempt to derail momentum?

btw, views are not the equivalent of fresh evidence.