The Education Forum

Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!

Matthew Koch

17 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

I agree totally.

And yes, before Stone's film "Platoon" were there any anti-Viet Nam films being made?

I remember the film "Green Beret" which seemed almost like one big commercial Marine glory recruitment ad.

Big John Wayne ( America right or wrong virtuous and Joe McCarthy defending hero who never had to see combat himself ) swaggering about and yelling patriotic slogans to rally and reassure his sometimes doubting underlings.

Stones film's in total have had more impact influence in the American societal consciousness than any other film maker in our history...by far.

Joe, have you read Oliver Stone’s book “Chasing the light”, that was released a year or so back? He explains in great detail how difficult it was to get Platoon made, he was getting blocked from all angles because it told a sobering story, and wasn’t a glorification of war. It was the opposite of a recruitment tool. 

We owe a great debt to people like Oliver Stone. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Joe, have you read Oliver Stone’s book “Chasing the light”, that was released a year or so back? He explains in great detail how difficult it was to get Platoon made, he was getting blocked from all angles because it told a sobering story, and wasn’t a glorification of war. It was the opposite of a recruitment tool. 

We owe a great debt to people like Oliver Stone. 

David Talbot said, in my presence, that Oliver Stone tried to help get Devil’s Chessboard made into a movie, but they were unsuccessful because the only offer they got refused to give editorial control to the author. So they of course turned down that offer. Talbot never got a NYT review for his book, despite his status as a best selling author and the relative commercial success of the book. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

David Talbot said, in my presence, that Oliver Stone tried to help get Devil’s Chessboard made into a movie, but they were unsuccessful because the only offer they got refused to give editorial control to the author. So they of course turned down that offer. Talbot never got a NYT review for his book, despite his status as a best selling author and the relative commercial success of the book. 

I wonder who they had in mind to play Dulles?

6 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I wonder who they had in mind to play Dulles?

Hal Holbrook would have been suitably snakey. I am thinking of his character in the Dirty Harry franchise as the crooked police chief. 

13 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hal Holbrook would have been suitably snakey. I am thinking of his character in the Dirty Harry franchise as the crooked police chief. 

There was an Dulles looking character in Executive Action 

25 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Just a little glimpse of how the system works. We’ll show you what suits us to show you. 

12 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

George Clooney?

Ed Harris?George Clooney's Hairstyle: Simple and Classy

23 best images about Ed Harris on Pinterest | Sexy, Older man and Photo online

13 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I agree totally.

And yes, before Stone's film "Platoon" were there any anti-Viet Nam films being made?

I remember the film "Green Beret" which seemed almost like one big commercial Marine glory recruitment ad.

Big John Wayne ( America right or wrong virtuous and Joe McCarthy defending hero who never had to see combat himself ) swaggering about and yelling patriotic slogans to rally and reassure his sometimes doubting underlings.

Stones film's in total have had more impact influence in the American societal consciousness than any other film maker in our history...by far.

Before Platoon (1986) there was The Deer Hunter(1978) and Apocalypse Now (1979).  All three were great in different ways.  Platoon and The Deer Hunter each won Oscars for best picture and director.

5 hours ago, Roger Odisio said:

Before Platoon (1986) there was The Deer Hunter(1978) and Apocalypse Now (1979).  All three were great in different ways.  Platoon and The Deer Hunter each won Oscars for best picture and director.

Yes.

Thanks.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:07 PM, Matthew Koch said:

Pamela, I lean more towards that RFK was being manipulated by Walter Sheridan. What I understand from Larry's appearance on Tucker Carlson tonight is that NBC is withholding the Sheridan papers and if this bill passes they will have to turn it over. Then we can see if that is accurate or not what I said about Sheridan. Stone didn't say much about RFK in the movie other than he was shot. I don't think the movie could have gone any longer being 3hrs, which is why things had to be simplified and composite characters were made, the movie was made for people who weren't JFK researchers to garner interest, so it had to be simplified to main points imo. 

We certainly do see things differently. I see Bobby as ruthless, the ultimate insider, with his hands in a lot of pots both before and after the assassination of JFK.

I agree that it will be fascinating to read the Sheridan papers...

Hard to imagine Stone could have absolutely no interest in Bobby's activities...

On 2/25/2023 at 4:35 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Thank you for boldly showing your full colors Matthew. You are racist and anti-Semitic. I do hope you give up on all us rational people here and move on. 

And what was this now restricted video you posted? Do you recall? Any time I see someone drag George Soros into the discussion I think anti- Semite. I hope you realize it’s a dog whistle for those of us who grew up with Jews and with survivors. I did apologize for provocateur. If you are not a racist I’m glad to hear it. 
so will you stop attacking me, my profession, my opinions? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

And what was this now restricted video you posted? Do you recall? Any time I see someone drag George Soros into the discussion I think anti- Semite. I hope you realize it’s a dog whistle for those of us who grew up with Jews and with survivors. I did apologize for provocateur. If you are not a racist I’m glad to hear it. 
so will you stop attacking me, my profession, my opinions? 

IMHO Paul if you are still feeling the Bern and hearing dog whistles maybe you should consult a medical professional😝!

Also I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to Tucker Carlson for not only covering the JFKA but debunking the J6 Insurrection, If I ever have a son I might have to name him Tucker or at least his middle name💯

Amazing how Tucker Carlson ( and FOX NEWS ) have been destroyed by these latest revelations of their years of fraudulent reporting.

Carlson's credibility is taking an even bigger hit with his January 6th ( Wag The Dog ) downplaying and false reality creating regards the January 6th, coup attempt.

Just a couple of months ago Carlson was being praised to the hilt here on the forum as some type of JFKA truth crusading hero.

Amazing how quickly and dramatically fake images can be exposed.