The Education Forum

Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!

Matthew Koch

8 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I really wish that all of you debating each other about who is or is not acting in good faith direct this energy towards contacting the chairs of the 5 House Committees where the Schweikert bill has been referred and ask them to co-sponsor the bill and hold oversight hearings on the JFK Act. That is how you could be helpful. this ongoing debate is nothing more than mental masturbation. 

The relevant House Committees are Oversight, Intelligence, Judicary, Ways and Means and Foreign Affairs.

The relevant Senate Committees are Homeland Security, Intelligence and Judiciary.

Let's use this forum to produce action, not hot air.  we need help to generate pressure on congress. 

Hear, Hear! 

Mr Schnapf, while I'm pretty sure you don't want the job, I think you should be an admin or mod on the forum. I think your points on people's behavior is on point and is needed sometimes.

I am willing to make a seize fire on the "culture war" debate, if our politically left forum members are willing to do the same. 

Edited by Matthew Koch

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

From Jeff Morley--

Will Congress Conduct JFK Oversight Hearings?

House leaders, three Republicans and one Democrat, could bring sunshine to the JFK assassination story

FEB 24
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

SAVE

▷  LISTEN

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  
Rep. Jamie Raskin, advocate of full JFK disclosure (Photo Credit: Paul Morigi)

A friend writes, “Please post the following information for JFK Facts readers. They can contact the committee chairs to ask for oversight hearing on JFK Records Act and on H.R. 637.” 

In December John Tunheim, former chair of the Assassination Records Review Board,  called for oversight hearings to examine why the JFK Records Act has not been enforced.

In January, Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ) introduced H.R. 637, also known as the JFK Act of 2023 which would declassify all assassination files within 30 days. 

Now is a good time to advocate for open government measures. Sunshine Week, held March 12-19, is annual nationwide celebration of access to public information and what it means for you and your community. It’s your right to know.

Contact the elected officials and civil servants listed below and let them now that full JFK disclosure is a genuinely bipartisan issue that Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and liberals, can all agree on. This is one issue where an otherwise divided Congress can act boldly to insure the American people can have full JFK disclosure by next November, the 60th anniversary of the Dallas tragedy.

House Oversight Committee

Rep. James Comer (R-KY) is the chair. Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) is the ranking member. Raskin was a signatory on Rep. Steve Cohen’s letters to President BIden and the Public Interest Declassification Board calling for full JFK disclosure. Comer and Raskin can be reached here:

2157 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-5074

https://oversight.house.gov/about/

House Judiciary Committee

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) is the chair.

2138 Rayburn House Building, Washington, DC  20515

Phone: (202) 225-6906

https://judiciary.house.gov/contact

House Intelligence Committee

Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH) is the chair.

Capitol Visitor Center HVC-304 US Capitol Building Washington, DC 20515-6415.

https://intelligence.house.gov/about/chairman.htm

Majority Staff:(202) 225-4121

Minority Staff: (202) 225-7690.

Let them now that full JFK disclosure is a genuinely bipartisan issue that Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and liberals, can all agree on.

5 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I really wish that all of you debating each other about who is or is not acting in good faith direct this energy towards contacting the chairs of the 5 House Committees where the Schweikert bill has been referred and ask them to co-sponsor the bill and hold oversight hearings on the JFK Act. That is how you could be helpful. this ongoing debate is nothing more than mental masturbation. 

The relevant House Committees are Oversight, Intelligence, Judicary, Ways and Means and Foreign Affairs.

The relevant Senate Committees are Homeland Security, Intelligence and Judiciary.

Let's use this forum to produce action, not hot air.  we need help to generate pressure on congress. 

I agree. Well said.

We all have sacred political viewpoints, from the very pinnacles of moral righteousness. 

Now, can we get behind Lawrence Schnapf? 

5 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Lawrence - would you defin full disclosure from your point of view? 

16 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Hi Pamela, have you seen JFK Revisited: Destiny Betrayed? I ask because Israel's nuclear facility was mentioned in it and JFK's battle with David Ben-Gurion. I read Final Judgment along time ago, and while I do think Piper does have a point that the Permindex connection does connect to Israel, I didn't think it made a good case that Mossad was running James Jesus Angleton or Jack Ruby. While the producer connection of JFK being an Isreali arms dealer or whatever is interesting. I don't think many people knew about this connection to Israel at the time of the movie came out and I think Oliver made the movie in good faith with the prominent JFK researchers at the time (Many of whom have lost some prestige since then... like Robert Groden and Jim Marrs) I think Stone started using the counter myth quote to try to get the media of his back, which as we see gave fodder to the Isreal did it crowd. 

On a side note, I've got a couple of pics from your Lancer presentation that if you want I can forward them to you via email? 

You seem comfortable with your position on Stone. That's fine.

I happen to have a working hypothesis that there may be more to what he does than meets the eye.  

For one thing, Stone does not in any way involve RFK in the slander attacks on Jim Garrison in the movie JFK. I find this puzzling, as RFK turns up repeatedly as having been a motivating factor in this campaign to demolish both Garrison's character and his case...

On 2/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, Chris Barnard said:

Joe: A quick question or three:

Why do you think Fox is so successful?

Do you think media networks on the left whip up hate and agitation? 

Have you considered that the media networks can be counterpoints to eachother, and essential to keeping the masses distracted, entertained, mentally occupied and consumed with emotion? 

7bf5604f1b00e393f44f5f5f5c309c3b84de0b5c

Truth In Broadcasting MATTERS!

Way back when the Viet Nam war was raging, going badly for years and growing anti-war national protests were changing more and more people's minds about it, our 3 main TV news agencies were also reporting the war negatively. Presenting the war protesters view more than our military and 1% . They were showing us My Lai. They were daily reporting American soldier's death numbers. They were showing more and more national figures speaking out against the war.

In other "main stream" media venues we were shown the horrific photo of the young, naked and terrified screaming little Vietnamese girl running from the huge fire and smoke plumes of napalm bombs. And the still photo and even video of the Vietnamese General shooting his hand bound VC prisoner point blank in the head.

LBJ  reportedly said if he lost Walter Cronkite, he would lose the war.

Cronkite, Chancellor, Smith, all our most famous TV news reporters were siding with the public in the growing movement to end that mess over there that JFK had presciently stated was a war we should never engage in with massive military involvement.

Generally, up into the 1980s most of our big TV media news was considered left leaning. 

That had to change.

The military/ corporate/wealthiest 1% would always say...they lost the war on American television.

Hence, Fox News was created with massive funding.

By those who owned the massive monies.

It's their PR wing.

How they got the corporate name  Fox "NEWS" past the Federal Trade Commission is beyond me.

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Truth In Broadcasting MATTERS!

Way back when the Viet Nam war was raging, going badly for years and growing anti-war national protests were changing more and more people's minds about it, our 3 main TV news agencies were also reporting the war negatively. Presenting the war protesters view more than our military and 1% . They were showing us My Lai. They were daily reporting American soldier's death numbers. They were showing more and more national figures speaking out against the war.

They were the days when journalists were searching for truth and before corruption strangled the industry. Ryan Holliday’s book “trust me, I am lying” explains the way the culture is now, there is no interest in reporting truth, only the most sensational thing imaginable.  

9 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

The military/ corporate/wealthiest 1% would always say...they lost the war on American television.

They did have hollywood until Stone’s Platoon. 

I do agree with you that Fox and co were the ones that riled up the population and achieved consent for war.

I have mentioned a counterpoint system and the divide and rule policy that I am adamant is happening. Can you see any scenario where left wing media can be used as a coercive tool to mislead the masses? My argument is that both sides do it, they just use different methods. 

4 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

They were the days when journalists were searching for truth and before corruption strangled the industry. Ryan Holliday’s book “trust me, I am lying” explains the way the culture is now, there is no interest in reporting truth, only the most sensational thing imaginable.  

They did have hollywood until Stone’s Platoon. 

I do agree with you that Fox and co were the ones that riled up the population and achieved consent for war.

I have mentioned a counterpoint system and the divide and rule policy that I am adamant is happening. Can you see any scenario where left wing media can be used as a coercive tool to mislead the masses? My argument is that both sides do it, they just use different methods. 

Chris, MSNBC bought out Jesse Ventura and Phil Donahue's contracts because they were against the Iraq War. Now they are a huge propionate of the war in Ukraine along with their audience.. and do there programming in the same style of Fox News (Punditry) but on steroids as we see with their viewers still believing in fake conspiracies about Trump like Russia Collusion, Ukraine gate, and J6.. 

Edited by Matthew Koch

14 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

You seem comfortable with your position on Stone. That's fine.

I happen to have a working hypothesis that there may be more to what he does than meets the eye.  

For one thing, Stone does not in any way involve RFK in the slander attacks on Jim Garrison in the movie JFK. I find this puzzling, as RFK turns up repeatedly as having been a motivating factor in this campaign to demolish both Garrison's character and his case...

Pamela, I lean more towards that RFK was being manipulated by Walter Sheridan. What I understand from Larry's appearance on Tucker Carlson tonight is that NBC is withholding the Sheridan papers and if this bill passes they will have to turn it over. Then we can see if that is accurate or not what I said about Sheridan. Stone didn't say much about RFK in the movie other than he was shot. I don't think the movie could have gone any longer being 3hrs, which is why things had to be simplified and composite characters were made, the movie was made for people who weren't JFK researchers to garner interest, so it had to be simplified to main points imo. 

Just did a quick history study via Wiki ( I know ) of both MSNBC and FOX NEWS.

Just from this alone I am now aware of how much I didn't know about the genesis of both of these punditry channels.

One of the surprises was the cross/breeding of different political view personalities as MSNBC was struggling to acquire a news/political slant identity to give itself rating weight.  MSNBC was always at the bottom of these in the beginning years.

Right wing pundits like Laura Ingram, Ann Coulter, Michael Savage and even our newly christened JFKA crusader "Tucker Carlson" were all given their own shows on ... MSNBC !   

???

"Kaplan hired libertarian/conservative Tucker Carlson from CNN to host his own show at 6 pm ET, the political talk show The Situation with Tucker Carlson, which debuted in 2005. The program, which was later renamed simply Tucker, lasted for three years until it was replaced in 2008 by Race to the White House and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue."

Just one big dysfunctional family?

Who's your daddy?

Edited by Joe Bauer

11 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

the movie was made for people who weren't JFK researchers to garner interest, so it had to be simplified to main points imo. 

Yes, you’re making a movie to reach as many people as possible, it can’t be overly complex or relying on the audience having the nuanced background details. The message simply had to be that we don’t know the truth, there was a conspiracy, and the answers are closer to home (big government). That message had to be put a cross in a movie that was engaging and mentally stimulating. There are various books on screen writing such as Robert McKee’s “Story” which outline the formula for a successful movie. Stone’s movie is a gateway to a mass audience doing more research IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Yes, you’re making a movie to reach as many people as possible, it can’t be overly complex or relying on the audience having the nuanced background details. The message simply had to be that we don’t know the truth, there was a conspiracy, and the answers are closer to home (big government). That message had to be put a cross in a movie that was engaging and mentally stimulating. There are various books on screen writing such as Robert McKee’s “Story” which outline the formula for a successful movie. Stone’s movie is a gateway to a mass audience doing more research IMO. 

I agree totally.

And yes, before Stone's film "Platoon" were there any anti-Viet Nam films being made?

I remember the film "Green Beret" which seemed almost like one big commercial Marine glory recruitment ad.

Big John Wayne ( America right or wrong virtuous and Joe McCarthy defending hero who never had to see combat himself ) swaggering about and yelling patriotic slogans to rally and reassure his sometimes doubting underlings.

Stones film's in total have had more impact influence in the American societal consciousness than any other film maker in our history...by far.