The Education Forum

The Contents Of Oswalds Arrest Wallet

Gerry Down

Someone recently posted a collection picture showing all the ID cards and personal photos in the wallet taken from Oswald upon his arrest. It was a very useful picture. Unfortunately I forgot to save it for my files. I had something similar previously. Here it is:

Bloody-wallet-contents.png

However it can be hard to see the various cards in the above image. The collection picture someone posted recently showed the ID cards more clearly. Does anyone remember that collection picture and can they post it here again for everyones benefit? 

It was not posted in either of these threads as I have already gone through them:

• The Oswald Transfer: Fritz Looks at Ruby Before Bringing Oswald Out
  • Moments Leading to Oswald's Deserved Death
  • Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!
  • Fred's Flim-Flam Written by Matt Douthit at Kennedys & King with an Afterword by James DiEugenio- powerful!
  • Looking for information on "Failure Analysis Associates" and a 1992 "do-ever" of Edgewood Arsenals Ballistics tests.
  • Following the Science: The Bevelling Evidence / Proof of a Frontal Head Shot
  • "The Oswald rifle scope installation at the Irving Sport Shop of Monday, November 11, 1963"

Some images of wallets are shown on this page, but it does not show the particular collection picture i'm looking for:

22 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Someone recently posted a collection picture showing all the ID cards and personal photos in the wallet taken from Oswald upon his arrest. It was a very useful picture. Unfortunately I forgot to save it for my files. I had something similar previously. Here it is:

Bloody-wallet-contents.png

However it can be hard to see the various cards in the above image. The collection picture someone posted recently showed the ID cards more clearly. Does anyone remember that collection picture and can they post it here again for everyones benefit? 

It was not posted in either of these threads as I have already gone through them:

• The Oswald Transfer: Fritz Looks at Ruby Before Bringing Oswald Out
  • Moments Leading to Oswald's Deserved Death
  • Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!
  • Fred's Flim-Flam Written by Matt Douthit at Kennedys & King with an Afterword by James DiEugenio- powerful!
  • Looking for information on "Failure Analysis Associates" and a 1992 "do-ever" of Edgewood Arsenals Ballistics tests.
  • Following the Science: The Bevelling Evidence / Proof of a Frontal Head Shot
  • "The Oswald rifle scope installation at the Irving Sport Shop of Monday, November 11, 1963"

Some images of wallets are shown on this page, but it does not show the particular collection picture i'm looking for:

I'm trying to upload them but the forum has cut me off from itsy bitsy teeny weeny uploads for some fking reason... I have 6 pages.

1 hour ago, Bob Ness said:

I'm trying to upload them but the forum has cut me off from itsy bitsy teeny weeny uploads for some fking reason... I have 6 pages.

Thanks for those previous images.

Try the website imgbb to upload your images. It's very easy to use.

5 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Thanks for those previous images.

Try the website imgbb to upload your images. It's very easy to use.

Yeah they'll disappear after a while, I think. I like to post them here if possible. Try this since I can only upload 48b more here errrrr

https://ibb.co/MkQhQP3
https://ibb.co/hYhStcX
https://ibb.co/FqVSgS7
https://ibb.co/3W39PQx

Actually never mind that they're pretty crappy. Does anyone know why it's limiting me on the uploads? I've never had this problem before.

I'll try and get you higher res images. They're for posterity also in the event someone is looking for them. They won't have to search around.

Edited by Bob Ness

8 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Take a real close look too Bob...  the Dallas Archives says these are photos of items taken from his wallet in Irving...

Only 2 wallets in evidence - both labeled as coming from Irving...  no arrest wallet mentioned by Bentley & Hill, no Tippit-scene wallet with the HIDELL/OSWALD ID...

And the wallet did have $13.87 which was inventoried.  the $170 supposedly left in a wallet in Irving was not inventoried or taken.

423166713_item114-BrownWalletwithMarineGroupPhoto.jpg.295009041cfbd23c2964b286a4dafa54.jpg.  and here is that photo which is NEVER listed with the contents of the wallet with the 16 items related to it.

1647508301_lho_groupisthisthewalletphoto.JPG.03fa6552a31045a6dc9bfa8ba87d557e.JPG484223068_EVIDENCECARDSTATING-BROWNBILLFOLDWITHMARINEPHOTOFOUNDINIRVING-NOARRESTWALLET.thumb.jpeg.bb052eaa18a518913b920eb4043159d3.jpeg

The Tippit scene wallet

22115834_WalletatTippitscene.thumb.jpg.85fcc77e08b0161912bc2237b86b6079.jpg

Dallas Archives calls this a wallet found at Oswald's residence... which looks a lot like the Tippit-scene wallet...  we have never seen the "arrest" wallet pulled from Oswald in the car on the way back to the DPD.

1516920898_walletfromoswaldhomesaidtocontainitemssupposedlyfoundinarrestandwestbrookwallets.thumb.jpeg.eb4c17cc42dc8fd05a84d3bc56e129bb.jpeg

6 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Take a real close look too Bob...  the Dallas Archives says these are photos of items taken from his wallet in Irving...

Only 2 wallets in evidence - both labeled as coming from Irving...  no arrest wallet mentioned by Bentley & Hill, no Tippit-scene wallet with the HIDELL/OSWALD ID...

And the wallet did have $13.87 which was inventoried.  the $170 supposedly left in a wallet in Irving was not inventoried or taken.

423166713_item114-BrownWalletwithMarineGroupPhoto.jpg.295009041cfbd23c2964b286a4dafa54.jpg.  and here is that photo which is NEVER listed with the contents of the wallet with the 16 items related to it.

1647508301_lho_groupisthisthewalletphoto.JPG.03fa6552a31045a6dc9bfa8ba87d557e.JPG484223068_EVIDENCECARDSTATING-BROWNBILLFOLDWITHMARINEPHOTOFOUNDINIRVING-NOARRESTWALLET.thumb.jpeg.bb052eaa18a518913b920eb4043159d3.jpeg

The Tippit scene wallet

22115834_WalletatTippitscene.thumb.jpg.85fcc77e08b0161912bc2237b86b6079.jpg

Dallas Archives calls this a wallet found at Oswald's residence... which looks a lot like the Tippit-scene wallet...  we have never seen the "arrest" wallet pulled from Oswald in the car on the way back to the DPD.

1516920898_walletfromoswaldhomesaidtocontainitemssupposedlyfoundinarrestandwestbrookwallets.thumb.jpeg.eb4c17cc42dc8fd05a84d3bc56e129bb.jpeg

I'm making no judgements about the content of the images I'm only trying to upload them! Why won't it allow me to upload anymore? It says max size 48 bytes! WTF?

Edited by Bob Ness

Just now, Bob Ness said:

I'm making no judgements about the content of the images I'm only trying to upload them! Why won't it allow me to upload anymore?

There is a limit to the total amount of space you can use... if not linking to outside locations...  

plus you can just post the links to the Dallas Archives versions of these which are very high quality

5 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

There is a limit to the total amount of space you can use... if not linking to outside locations...  

plus you can just post the links to the Dallas Archives versions of these which are very high quality

I guess. They're pretty small < 100 kb. I rotated them and made them easier to view so I'll just leave the links I provided. FYI these were provided to the SS by the DPD and are in their archives.

Thanks.

Edited by Bob Ness

These 2 WC Exhibits show the change in the wallet contents from 11/22 to 11/24 as it relates to the FBI...

Please notice that CLEMENTS writes that the ALEK JAMES HIDELL SSS card in Oswald's wallet is a PHOTOGRAPH, not the actual card...

On the 24th Bookout can only see "furnished photos" of the items... and on the 27th Fritz gives Hosty a wallet and contents

image.thumb.jpeg.b673dfb72b8ab6962d344ec7587898dc.jpeg

200168874_BillfoldandcontentsfrpomFritztoHostyonNov27th.jpg.fa7f526ebf94ba3ecf1d4bf9ac06b34d.jpg