The Education Forum

Patricia Krueger (nee Pepe): 1963 Bethesda witness?

K K Lane

Patricia Krueger passed away last month.   Her obituary includes the following:

To afford her final year, Patricia enrolled in Naval ROTC and upon graduation in 1963, she was commissioned as an Ensign Nurse at Bethesda Naval Hospital. She was present when President Kennedy’s body was brought to Bethesda and claimed that there were two bodies that came in that night, both supposedly Kennedy’s. This was an ambiguous conspiratorial twist that she maintained with a conviction typical of her enduring faith in her own world view, even in the face of conflicting facts or logic.

Is she known in the research community?  If so, please provide context.    I am, of course, familiar with David Lifton's two-casket theory.

Edited by K K Lane

I have never heard of Patricia Krueger, nor have I ever seen her mentioned as a witness in any books.

Has anyone heard of her?

I looked at the name/subject index under both K and P in Best Evidence, In the Eye of History, Crossfire, High Treason, The Radical Right and came up empty.  That doesn't mean she wasn't there.  If she was in the Navy there should be a record of her service and where she was stationed at the time.  Then I found her obituary.

Patricia Krueger Obituary (1941 - 2023) - Francestown, NH - Monadnock Ledger-Transcript (legacy.com)

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I looked at the name/subject index under both K and P in Best Evidence, In the Eye of History, Crossfire, High Treason, The Radical Right and came up empty.  That doesn't mean she wasn't there.  If she was in the Navy there should be a record of her service and where she was stationed at the time.  Then I found her obituary.

Patricia Krueger Obituary (1941 - 2023) - Francestown, NH - Monadnock Ledger-Transcript (legacy.com)

Well, the obit doesn’t deny that she was at Bethesda in ‘63. The bit about her being a storyteller etc. could just be from relatives that didn’t believe her JFK story. There are some fairly credible corroborating witnesses to the double casket thing, as far as I know, so maybe she really did see something. That doesn’t mean there was any body snatching or wound altering, it could have just been a decoy for security purposes, but the casket business at least has some semblance of evidentiary support. 

It would be interesting to know when she first told that story. Chances are she just read Best Evidence and tried to insert herself into history, but who knows? Maybe she was a legit witness with skeptical relatives. If she told the story prior to 1980 and only ever claimed she saw two caskets come in, that might actually speak to her credibility. She didn’t seek publicity, didn’t claim she saw anything outlandish like in-progress body alteration, and there are witnesses who corroborate her story. 

So yes, she’s most likely full of it, it wouldn’t hurt to investigate her claims and background a little further, IMO. 

Edited by Tom Gram

Mmm, interesting.  But a name new to me.

I met and spoke at length to Dennis David twenty years ago and his recall of these events seemed very sincere and credible to me.

Also, Floyd Riebe's testimony to the ARRB of a plain shipping casket arriving in the morgue is also disturbing.

David Lifton and William Law collected other strange recollections of JFK's body arrival at Bethesda, at times and conditions that do not tally with the official history.

I have sent William Law an e-mail to ascertain if he has come across Krueger's name before. 

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Wow...what an energetic woman!

I got tired just "reading" her life accomplishment review obituary.

Almost unbelievable the scope of her endeavors.

She could have outworked Martha Stewart!

Sarah ( Moose Momma ) Palin couldn't have kept up with this tour de force woman.

The writer of Ms. Pepe, Disantos, Krueger's obituary seemed to be challenged in how to present her full life recounting.

Almost too much to cover!

Wonder if this woman was somewhat ADD afflicted? On speed? Or, just born a whirlwind of energy and interests?

And through all her incredible energy endeavors she had 8 kids?

8 !!!

Where did she find the time?

Obviously she liked sex.

And throw in her being a JFK conspiracy theorist?

Sounds like a book there!

And you could tell she was a very physically attractive woman to boot!

Sounds like her first three husbands just couldn't keep up with this human dynamo.

Curious though her conversion from a Gary Hart volunteer to a right wing Republican advocate.

I've met a few people in my life with the energy and drive of this woman. 

I couldn't be around them without quickly realizing I could never keep up. Some might say they have a little mania in their 24 hour "go,go,go" full on charge into everything they encounter.

The obituary writer clearly infers this woman's "two Kennedy bodies at Bethesda" story was reflective of her eccentric side.

A little nut case trait?

Telling stories with overly dramatic effect embellishment? 

Fascinating woman though. 

Beautiful looking, hurricane force energy and drive, obviously intelligent.

8 KIDS !!!

Edited by Joe Bauer

Quick e-mail reply from William Law, he has no information on Patricia Krueger/Pepe.  

On 3/14/2023 at 11:27 AM, Tom Gram said:

Well, the obit doesn’t deny that she was at Bethesda in ‘63. The bit about her being a storyteller etc. could just be from relatives that didn’t believe her JFK story. There are some fairly credible corroborating witnesses to the double casket thing, as far as I know, so maybe she really did see something. That doesn’t mean there was any body snatching or wound altering, it could have just been a decoy for security purposes, but the casket business at least has some semblance of evidentiary support. 

It would be interesting to know when she first told that story. Chances are she just read Best Evidence and tried to insert herself into history, but who knows? Maybe she was a legit witness with skeptical relatives. If she told the story prior to 1980 and only ever claimed she saw two caskets come in, that might actually speak to her credibility. She didn’t seek publicity, didn’t claim she saw anything outlandish like in-progress body alteration, and there are witnesses who corroborate her story. 

So yes, she’s most likely full of it, it wouldn’t hurt to investigate her claims and background a little further, IMO. 

If she actually worked at Bethesda...then I would give benefit of the doubt, and it is a shame she was never (it appears) seriously interviewed on the record. 

There are credible reports of two caskets arriving that day at Bethesda, the ceremonial casket and the plain, government-issue aluminum or steel-colored casket. 

Like everything about the JFKA...does not make sense. 

Since others there that day also reported casket shenanigans...I don't dismiss Ms. Krueger's claim out of hand.