The Education Forum

Odd JFKA Reference By Right Wing Radio Pundit?

Joe Bauer

Just now, Benjamin Cole said:

Ron has a worthy theory about modern-day politics.

IMHO, it hops over the deposing of Nixon and Carter, and does not accommodate other views on how the intel-state acted during the Trump Administration. 

This thread obviously belongs in the Deep Politics or other threads. 

Water cooler time, IMHO. 

When you leave for the water cooler, be confident that - subject to a reading by the moderators - some of us will continue this important analysis of the trajectory from Kennedy in Dallas to Trump in Mar-a-Lago.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

The assassination in Dallas did not occur in a vacuum. 

Agreed---do you think Donk LBJ orchestrated the JFKA?

To make sure the interventionist wing of the Donk Party prevailed? 

That idea can be aired out in the Deep Politics thread. 

4 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

When you leave for the water cooler, be confident that - subject to a reading by the moderators - some of us will continue this important analysis of the trajectory from Kennedy in Dallas to Trump in Mar-a-Lago.

Your theories may indeed be worthy, or perhaps other conjectures are more worthy.

In the end, in the eye of the beholder. 

I see a thread from JFK to Nixon to Carter to Trump. 

We are worlds apart...but this discussion belong in the Deep Politics thread, IMHO.

I will back perhaps this evening, local time. 

If only by volume, you win this thread. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Agreed---do you think Donk LBJ orchestrated the JFKA?

To make sure the interventionist wing of the Donk Party prevailed? 

That idea can be aired out in the Deep Politics thread. 

I won't be following you to that thread.  The subject of this thread is appropriate to debate about Trump's attempted coup. Among recent books related to the trajectory from the rise of Mussolini and Hitler, through the Cold War and the assassination and resultant coup in Dallas, to the rise of Donald Trump, Coup in Dallas lays out in the detail the individuals and their ideology that drove the plot to execute a democratically elected president.  

Trump proposed that the Vice President, a heart beat from the presidency, be hanged if he didn't do his bidding, inciting his thugs to erect a platform with a noose.  Had that murder occurred, we would be comparing the hanging to the murder of John Kennedy.  That you are unable to grasp the significance of the thread is your loss, not mine.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

2 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I won't be following you to that thread.  The subject of this thread is appropriate to debate about Trump's attempted coup. Among recent books related to the trajectory from the rise of Mussolini and Hitler, through the Cold War and the assassination and resultant coup in Dallas, to the rise of Donald Trump, Coup in Dallas lays out in the detail the individuals and their ideology that drove the plot to execute a democratically elected president.  

Trump proposed that the Vice President, a heart beat from the presidency, be hanged if he didn't do his bidding, inciting his thugs to erect a platform with a noose.  Had that murder occurred, we would be comparing the hanging to the murder of John Kennedy.  That you are unable to grasp the significance of the thread is your loss, not mine.

We are world apart.

I do not think Trump's putative coup attempt has anything to do with the JFKA.

But hey, the moderators may agree with you, and it is not my call. 

Post to your heart's content! 

Your theories may indeed be worthy, or perhaps other conjectures are more worthy.

In the end, in the eye of the beholder. 

We are worlds apart...but this discussion belong in the Deep Politics thread, IMHO.

I will back perhaps this evening, local time. 

If only by volume, you win this thread. 

An utterly absurd insult to President Kennedy. Trump attempted a coup that peaked on January 6, and has been smoldering since.  You heard Lindell suggest Trump will be president again before 2024.  How will that happen, Ben?

Ben said: I see a thread from JFK to Nixon to Carter to Trump. 

6 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

An utterly absurd insult to President Kennedy.

Agree. This is just gross revisionist MAGA propaganda.

The only thread anywhere close to those people would be that Roger Stone worked for both Nixon and Trump.

So a criminal that worked for 2 other criminals, and all of whom lied about JFK.

5 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

An utterly absurd insult to President Kennedy. Trump attempted a coup that peaked on January 6, and has been smoldering since.  You heard Lindell suggest Trump will be president again before 2024.  How will that happen, Ben?

Not a thread in the way you think----I theorize four postwar presidents were essentially deposed. The intel state, more than anything else, wants a Deep State kompromat. 

But his thread belongs elsewhere...not in the Ef-JFK proper. Just IMHO.

IMHO there is no connection between the JFKA and Trump (except that the Deep State cowered Trump into secreting the JFK records for another two years). 

We are worlds apart in our views, and that is fine. 

1 minute ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben said: I see a thread from JFK to Nixon to Carter to Trump. 

Agree. This is just gross revisionist MAGA propaganda.

The only thread anywhere close to those people would be that Roger Stone worked for both Nixon and Trump.

So a criminal that worked for 2 other criminals, and all of whom lied about JFK.

Matt-

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post. 

I theorize four postwar presidents were essentially deposed. The intel state, more than anything else, wants a Deep State kompromat. 

There are vast differences in certain policies and backgrounds of JFK, Nixon, Carter and Trump.

The possibility that the Deep State deposed Nixon does not make Nixon admirable. But it likely happened, IMHO. 

But this thread belongs elsewhere...not in the EF-JFK proper. Just IMHO.

IMHO there is no connection between the JFKA and Trump (except that the Deep State cowered Trump into secreting the JFK records for another two years). 

I look forward to your contributions. 

11 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Not a thread in the way you think----I theorize four postwar presidents were essentially deposed. The intel state, more than anything else, wants a Deep State kompromat. 

But his thread belongs elsewhere...not in the Ef-JFK proper. Just IMHO.

@Benjamin Cole On the question of Trump's relevance to the topic of this thread, as I observed previously, credentialed historians have been following the trajectory of the rise of fascist dictators Mussolini, Franco, and Hitler to 1930s far-right ideology and White Christian Nationalism in the US throughout the Cold War, to the lethal attack on the presidency in Dallas, to the rise of Donald Trump who attempted to overturn the peaceful transfer of power in 2020...  ask and ye shall receive. Just yesterday, The Guardian published this review by David Smith.

‘He was certainly a racist’: J Edgar Hoover and a history of white nationalism
A new book looks back at the long-serving FBI director's devotion to keeping America a white Christian republic and the devastating effect he had 

[Stanford U. prof. Lenore] Martin outlines how the FBI sent agents to services of worship that established religious identity as synonymous with American citizenship; the FBI worked with white evangelicals to promote Christian nationalism as the only form of religion that would protect the US during the Cold War; the FBI policed other forms of religion, for example by persecuting [Martin Luther] King and aiming to discredit the civil rights movement. . . .    

The author adds: “He never saw African Americans as being full citizens. It was something that Hoover believed African Americans needed to work towards in a collective sense, that they needed to show themselves worthy of citizenship, whereas for white Americans, native-born white Americans in particular, that just ‘came naturally’ for them.

“For him, that was innate, whereas he never considered the sociological factors that kept African Americans at a distance in many ways from economic security, housing security, educational access. Hoover saw these things as sort of natural as opposed to created and so, in that sense, he was certainly a white supremacist and a racist.”

In addition to the aforementioned, and the circumstantial evidence that FBI Director Hoover played at the very least a peripheral role in the plot to overturn the election of 1960, a look at the ideology that bound Hoover to his protége Roy Cohn, business and political mentor of Donald Trump.

From Coup in Dallas ...

In the early 1950s, [Roy] Cohn [future US president Donald Trump’s first political guru] had caught the eye of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover who soon recommended the twenty-four-year-old attorney to his personal friend, [red-baiting] Joe McCarthy, to fill the role of his chief counsel. For assistant counsel, McCarthy fulfilled another request, that of his good friend Joseph P. Kennedy who was looking for a spot for his young and restless son, Robert F. Kennedy. McCarthy designated RFK as assistant counsel to his committee, working alongside Hoover’s professional protégé, Roy Cohn . . . 

As published in Business Insider, April 2020
Trump may have scored a decades-old revenge for being sued under a 1973 anti-segregation law

Edited by Leslie Sharp

49 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Benjamin Cole On the question of Trump's relevance to the topic of this thread, as I observed previously, credentialed historians have been following the trajectory of the rise of fascist dictators Mussolini, Franco, and Hitler to 1930s far-right ideology and White Christian Nationalism in the US throughout the Cold War, to the lethal attack on the presidency in Dallas, to the rise of Donald Trump who attempted to overturn the peaceful transfer of power in 2020...  ask and ye shall receive. Just yesterday, The Guardian published this review by David Smith.

‘He was certainly a racist’: J Edgar Hoover and a history of white nationalism
A new book looks back at the long-serving FBI director's devotion to keeping America a white Christian republic and the devastating effect he had 

[Stanford U. prof. Lenore] Martin outlines how the FBI sent agents to services of worship that established religious identity as synonymous with American citizenship; the FBI worked with white evangelicals to promote Christian nationalism as the only form of religion that would protect the US during the Cold War; the FBI policed other forms of religion, for example by persecuting [Martin Luther] King and aiming to discredit the civil rights movement. . . .    

The author adds: “He never saw African Americans as being full citizens. It was something that Hoover believed African Americans needed to work towards in a collective sense, that they needed to show themselves worthy of citizenship, whereas for white Americans, native-born white Americans in particular, that just ‘came naturally’ for them.

“For him, that was innate, whereas he never considered the sociological factors that kept African Americans at a distance in many ways from economic security, housing security, educational access. Hoover saw these things as sort of natural as opposed to created and so, in that sense, he was certainly a white supremacist and a racist.”

In addition to the aforementioned, and the circumstantial evidence that FBI Director Hoover played at the very least a peripheral role in the plot to overturn the election of 1960, a look at the ideology that bound Hoover to his protége Roy Cohn, business and political mentor of Donald Trump.

From Coup in Dallas ...

In the early 1950s, [Roy] Cohn [future US president Donald Trump’s first political guru] had caught the eye of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover who soon recommended the twenty-four-year-old attorney to his personal friend, [red-baiting] Joe McCarthy, to fill the role of his chief counsel. For assistant counsel, McCarthy fulfilled another request, that of his good friend Joseph P. Kennedy who was looking for a spot for his young and restless son, Robert F. Kennedy. McCarthy designated RFK as assistant counsel to his committee, working alongside Hoover’s professional protégé, Roy Cohn . . . 

As published in Business Insider, April 2020
Trump may have scored a decades-old revenge for being sued under a 1973 anti-segregation law

I encourage you to pursue your viewpoints and flesh them out. 

I may not subscribe to your viewpoints, and that is fine. 

The EF-JFK forum should be a big tent. 

I do think an adequate explanation of why President Biden deep-sixed the JFK Records in perpetuity is a more-relevant topic at this time. 

In my view, a Trump is fleeting figure, with very little, if any establishment or  institutional backing, and much opposition from those quarters. 

In contrast, multiplying globalist institutions in Washington, from the CIA to the Council of Foreign Relations to the Pentagon, to lobbyists from Disney, Apple and WalMart and proliferating outfits such as the Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, determine foreign, military and trade policies.

Effectively, the US military has become global guard service for multinationals. 

I don't seem to have much time to work on my outlook, which is that intel state, or shadow government, has effectively deposed four US presidents in the postwar era--JFK, Nixon, Carter and Trump.

As you have promised not to read any missives I put together on this score, likely you regard that as no loss. So it goes. 

Well, we are worlds apart in our views, and there it rests.

Good luck with your pursuits. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

9 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I encourage you to pursue your viewpoints and flesh them out. 

I may not subscribe to your viewpoints, and that is fine. 

The EF-JFK forum should be a big tent. 

I do think an adequate explanation of why President Biden deep-sixed the JFK Records in perpetuity is a more-relevant topic at this time. 

In my view, a Trump is fleeting figure, with very little, if any establishment or  institutional backing, and much opposition from those quarters. 

In contrast, multiplying globalist institutions in Washington, from the CIA to the Council of Foreign Relations to the Pentagon, to lobbyists from Disney, Apple and WalMart and proliferating outfits such as the Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, determine foreign, military and trade policies.

Effectively, the US military has become global guard service for multinationals. 

I don't seem to have much time to work on my outlook, which is that intel state, or shadow government, has effectively deposed four US presidents in the postwar era--JFK, Nixon, Carter and Trump.

As you have promised not to read any missives I put together on this score, likely you regard that as no loss. So it goes. 

Well, we are worlds apart in our views, and there it rests.

Good luck with your pursuits. 

Trump was deposed by the electorate.

Yet again, you appear to be incapable of rebutting specifics, e.g. J. Edgar Hoover  — the mentor of Roy Cohn whose political and business protege was Donald Trump — ruled an agency devoted to White Christian Nationalism a.k.a. "America First," a.k.a. Donald Trump's MAGA movement. 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

8 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Trump was deposed by the electorate.

Yet again, you appear to be incapable of rebutting specifics, e.g. J. Edgar Hoover  — the mentor of Roy Cohn whose political and business protege was Donald Trump — ruled an agency devoted to White Christian Nationalism a.k.a. "America First," a.k.a. Donald Trump's MAGA movement. 

As a courtesy I will reply, but only to say I will not be posting on this thread anymore. 

I agree that FBI'er Hoover, and many others in the early postwar era, were racists, and I reject all forms of racism, sexism, or sectarianism, etc. 

As a courtesy I will reply, but only to say I will not be posting on this thread anymore. 

I agree that FBI'er Hoover, and many others in the early postwar era, were racists, and I reject all forms of racism, sexism, or sectarianism, etc. 

I trust that most on the JFK forum agree and reject as well.  What is lesser understood is how this relates to Trump's attempt to overturn the election and his active interference with the peaceful transfer of presidential power in January 2020.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:00 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I haven't heard of this guy "Pete Santilli" but it appears he has a national radio audience?

Can't figure his JFKA reference in his Trump criminal charge warning of violence and calling for executions of Obama, Holder and Rice.

I wouldn't have posted this except for his direct reference to the JFKA. I didn't do so for any current political discussion reasons.

In a video clip obtained by Right Wing Watch, Santilli pleaded with members of the military to take action.

"Get the military, whatever few are left that are gonna side with the people," he said. "That you military personnel and you people with guns and badges and law enforcement will succumb to the will of the people."

"And ultimately, we demand, we absolutely demand that the criminals, the criminals in this country, if you want them held accountable, the criminals are Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Susan Rice," he continued, "this entire criminal cabal that came about as a result of the murder of John F. Kennedy, the people that perpetrated the murder of John F. Kennedy, rise up to that.

"Military, join us and put all of them up against a concrete wall... and do what we must do to save not just our country, the entire world," he implored.

Wow, this sounds like extremist rhetoric. We don't need this kind of poison in our politics and discourse. Yes, the prosecution of Trump over the Stormy Daniels payoff seems very selective and smacks of partisan prosecution, but this does not excuse Santilli's poisonous rhetoric.