The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Israel needs us... but they know that we need them too.

? How do we need them?

Plus Israel knows that the Republican half the country aren't much concerned with the fate of the Palestinian people.

This is your best point Sandy. Just like the Republicans were staunchly in favor of the Vietnam War in 1968. We could be going back to the Chicago Democratic Convention in 1968!

One thing to realize is  just as Trump (with unwitting help from  Merrick Garland)has probably been successful obstructing the legal process of his major charges until after the election. Bibi wants to prolong the  war knowing as long as the war goes on, he stays in office.  

Biden has to come up with a consensus plan of Arab states to give financial support to a 2 state solution and start to leverage that against Bibi and hope with  world public opinion to drive a wedge in Israel public opinion among those who want peace who realize nothing would change in their lives as they never go to the Palestinian enclaves anyway.

I often wonder about the wisdom of Biden giving them the Iron Dome. I suppose there was pressure behind the scenes. Unfortunately now we'd look like traitors to take it away.

And with that new immunity, what did Israel do? Bomb an Embassy in Syria to try to lure Iran into a regional war! And of course our entire media just reports it as if it was justified!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, nobody can get nastier to Trump than other Republicans,  like the Lincoln Project. This is their newest.

Trump is now selling diapers!

AIPAC Plans $20 Million Ad Blitz Against Jamaal Bowman

May 4, 2024 at 6:21 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 40 Comments

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee “is expected to launch its first ads in the coming weeks against its next top target this cycle: Rep. Jamaal Bowman in New York’s 16th Congressional District,” The Intercept reports.

“AIPAC planned to spend at least $100 million this cycle to oust members of the Squad, who have led calls for a ceasefire in Gaza and an end to U.S. military support for Israel. The lobby group’s threat would make it the largest player in the Democratic Party primary season.”

“The group, however, has now distanced itself from the pledge after one of its top targets, Rep. Summer Lee (D-PA) won her primary last week.”

On 5/3/2024 at 12:56 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

? How do we need [Israel]?

Israel is our only strong ally in the Middle East. They provide a lot of valuable intelligence to the U.S.

The U.S. won't say so publicly, but I think it's pretty obvious that, in addition, the U.S. secretly supports Israel's Begin Policy of preventing countries of the Middle Ease from becoming nuclear powers. Like with its bombing of Iraq's new nuclear reactor in 1981 (Operation Opera) and of Syria's nuclear reactor in 2007 (Operation Outside the Box). The U.S. has pursued diplomatic means of stopping Iran's nuclear program, but I think it secretly welcomes measures currently being taken by Israel as well.

In the recent Israeli attack on Iran, I've wonder if some of its nuclear sites were destroyed. But then kept secret by Iran out of embarrassment, and kept secret by America and Israel for fear of stoking a wider conflict.

Biden has to come up with a consensus plan of Arab states to give financial support to a 2 state solution and start to leverage that against Bibi and hope with  world public opinion to drive a wedge in Israel public opinion among those who want peace who realize nothing would change in their lives as they never go to the Palestinian enclaves anyway.

Sure, the two-state solution has always been the long-term goal of Biden's strategy. Netanyahu's Gazan genocide is bringing the world together in support of the two-state solution. It is sad that so many have had to suffer to affect this change, but the change is better than having gotten nothing from the suffering. (BTW, I'm not suggesting that the suffering was part of Biden's plan. But I'm sure it was expected from Netanyahu.)

And with that new [Iron Dome] immunity, what did Israel do? Bomb an Embassy in Syria to try to lure Iran into a regional war! And of course our entire media just reports it as if it was justified!

Iran's direct attack on Israel was unprecedented. The way Iran went about it was like they didn't want it to succeed. It made me wonder if Iran intentionally provoked Israel knowing that Israel would attack its nuclear sites. That in order to determine which of its nuclear sites remain unknown to the American/Israeli intelligence communities.

Donald Trump is making America stupid

by Sabrina Haake May 5, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/donald-trump-is-making-america-stupid/

“Recent polls suggest half the country may vote against their own self-interests in November.

The self sabotage is head-turning: Christians who defend Donald Trump’s debauchery, poor people who give their money to a billionaire with rotating Ponzi schemes, pensioners who don’t understand that tax cuts for the 1 percent threaten their own entitlements.

As the new Time Magazine interview made clear, Trump has done nothing for the common man and everything for his wealthy donors. Yet somehow, in the MAGAverse, that fact doesn’t seem to compute.

When Trump celebrated his 2016 election win, his declaration, “I love the poorly educated” made headlines. Nearly eight years on, it’s not that half the country supports violent coup attempts, it’s that half the country sincerely believes the 2020 election was stolen, despite all evidence to the contrary.

The United States seems to be slumbering toward Idiocracy, a funny-not-funny satire about Americans in the year 2500. Instead of possessing superior intellect, they have lost the ability to think.

Maximilien Robespierre, one of the most influential figures of the French Revolution, was known for his attacks on the monarchy and his advocacy of democratic reforms. He famously wrote, “The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.”

Even though Trump’s closest advisers widely regard him as an idiot, he has a preternatural skill: manipulating ignorance.

Call it a conman’s intuition.”

Steve Thomas

On Saturday's fund raiser:

"At another point, he complained about having to take so many pictures with donors and told people in the crowd that if they didn’t get a picture, it was because they didn’t give enough money," the report continued. "He also claimed that a wedding at the property got preference over the donors because the wedding was paying more per person to be there."

Trump also allowed some guests who donated a million to share the stage with him.

"At one point, as if he were at an auction, he told the crowd: 'Anyone who makes a $1 million donation right now to the Republican Party … I will let you come up and speak.' Two donors then came to the stage, and one told the crowd: 'Donald J. Trump is the person that God has chosen,'" the report noted.

I'm confused. I thought God drove OUT the money lenders.

Steve Thomas

Israel is our only strong ally in the Middle East. They provide a lot of valuable intelligence to the U.S.

Yeah, but obviously their intelligence gathering has taken a serious blow. American intelligence has reigned supreme in policy concerning subservience to Israel but I think the American public is starting to realize America'  is really playing the role of a battered housewife!

Like with its bombing of Iraq's new nuclear reactor in 1981 (Operation Opera) and of Syria's nuclear reactor in 2007 (Operation Outside the Box).

Do you realize we've been spreading the fear of Iraq's nuclear capability for now 35 years? Yes it has been!

The U.S. has pursued diplomatic means of stopping Iran's nuclear program,

Yes it has, the Iraq Joint Plan of Action under  Obama and Kerry.  I was in favor of that and I think we'd be in a much better position right now if Biden hadn't jettisoned it. I know CNN and even more MSNBC was once in favor of that, but they don't talk about that now!

Kirk:what did Israel do? Bomb an Embassy in Syria to try to lure Iran into a regional war! And of course our entire media just reports it as if it was justified!

Iran's direct attack on Israel was unprecedented.

That's just the first sentence in response you'd hear from CNN, Fox  and MSNBC!

I said "Bomb an Embassy in Syria"  but apparently you don't know. They bombed the Iranian Embassy in Syria! A completely unprovoked attack directly on Iran! So playing up "Iran's direct attack on Syria "completely leaves out they were being bullied and felt they had to come up with some tactile ineffective response to save face.

As I said in an earlier post. Though you won't hear it on MSNBC. And that's what I meant when I said " the entire media just reports it as if it's justified!"

But in reality, it's just Israel bullying!

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I said "Bomb an Embassy in Syria"  but apparently you don't know. They bombed the Iranian Embassy in Syria!

Yes, of course I knew about that. In retaliation to that, Iran attacked Israel with hundreds of missiles and drones. Almost all of which were shot down by the Israelis and the U.S.

Somehow you misunderstood my comment on that. Here again is what I said:

Iran's direct attack on Israel was unprecedented. The way Iran went about it was like they didn't want it to succeed. It made me wonder if Iran intentionally provoked Israel knowing that Israel would attack its nuclear sites. That in order to determine which of its nuclear sites remain unknown to the American/Israeli intelligence communities.

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Doug is so determined to make Biden the villain that he sticks his head in the sand.

From the very article Doug posted:

For weeks, Mr. Netanyahu has vowed that Israeli forces will invade Rafah, where many of Hamas’s remaining military forces are believed to be arrayed alongside some of its leaders. The plan has prompted widespread criticism, including from the Biden administration, fueled by concern for the safety of more than a million displaced Gazans sheltering there.

And there is this:

US increases pressure on Israel over Gaza aid as truce talks continue

Top US diplomat says efforts to deliver humanitarian aid to Gaza must be accelerated and sustained as famine looms in parts of the territory.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/1/us-increases-pressure-on-israel-over-gaza-aid-as-truce-talks-continue