The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Houston Chronicle April 26, 2024
ALL HELD IN AUSTIN PROTEST RELEASED
All of the demonstrators arrested Wednesday at a pro-Palestinian protest on the University of Texas at Austin campus have had their [misdemeanor criminal trespass] charges dropped, officials and lawyers said.
That included a cameraman with FOX 7 Austin who was arrested after appearing to have tripped and fallen onto a group of state troopers.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's daughter-in-law, (Lara Trump) the newly-minted co-chair of the Republican National Committee, bizarrely claiming the GOP has election security lawsuits pending in "81 states."

- Alina Habba -

"If he's not in Manhattan, which is a completely blue state, where they only pulled blue state members of the jury on purpose, well, that's a different game."

The Trump people seem to be geographically challenged.

Steve Thomas

Wow.  Bernie Sanders dunks on Netanyahu.

Bernie's commentary should have been headline news in America today.

Instead, it was blacked out by the corporate media (as were his 2016 and 2020 Presidential campaigns.)

Another good example of why I voted for Bernie in our 2016 and 2020 Democratic primaries in Colorado, (and why I donate to the Progressive website Common Dreams.)

https://www.commondreams.org/news/sanders-netanyahu-antisemitism

Edited by W. Niederhut

59 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Europe and America should create a Palestinian State and a Marshall Plan for quickly building it. Leave Gaza as-is for a Holocaust-like museum reminding everybody what Hamas and militant Israelis did to the Palestinian people.

In its infinite wisdom, the Republican National Committee has decided to hawk Kristi Noem's puppy killing terrorist manifesto.

"There are only 73 copies left, and unless you donate $35.00 within the next 60 minutes, I'll have to give your signed copy to someone else."

The book is "Trump Team Approved"

Steve Thomas

Just wanted to share somewhere.  The first Allman Brothers song I ever remember hearing.  Black and white, blurry. historical.  Dicky Betts jamming with his friend and mentor Duane Allman on slide guitar shortly before Duane passed.

Yesterday I was hoping I'd hear Gorsuch or one of the conservative justices utter that "no man is above the law" but no such luck!

This is what presidential immunity looks like

GMGNMzOXEAAdFto?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Great interview! Kaitlan Collins is absolutely relentless in her interview with Biil Barr. I would say only Meidi Assan has as much balls but Collins is so seamless! She never even says an "uh," and keeps coming after Barr!

I thought  the entire interview was great, but I would direct to start at 12:55 when Collins asks Barr why after all the things Barr has said about Trump being guilty of substantial charges in the1/6 Insurrection and the Documents Case he has since turned around and says he's voting for Trump and Collins goes after him for the last 10 minutes and doesn't let up!

Barr's only excuse for Trump about 1/6 is "ok but he didn't get away with it!"

What?!

Alabama Librarians Could Face Jail Under New Book Ban Bill

Published Apr. 27, 2024

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-librarians-could-face-jail-under-new-book-ban-bill?ref=home

"Alabama librarians are speaking out about a bill that could put them in jail for up to a year if they don’t remove books considered obscene by some within seven days. AL.com reports that the state House has passed the legislation—which is backed by Moms for Liberty—and it’s headed to the Senate. “

“Under the proposed law, librarians would have a week to remove a book that any member of the public objects to—and if convicted of three violations, they could face three months to a year in prison and a fine.”

“The writing on the wall couldn’t be clearer regarding the chilling effect this law would have on statewide employment, public library and school funding, public education outcomes, quality of life, First Amendment rights, and countless other metrics,” Alyx Kim-Yohn, circulation manager at Huntsville-Madison Public Library, told the site. “As far as I’m concerned, the only good version of HB385 is a dead one.”

Public libraries used to be considered a public good.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Great interview! Kaitlan Collins is absolutely relentless in her interview with Biil Barr. I would say only Meidi Assan has as much balls but Collins is so seamless! She never even says an "uh," and keeps coming after Barr!

I thought  the entire interview was great, but I would direct to start at 12:55 when Collins asks Barr why after all the things Barr has said about Trump being guilty of substantial charges in the1/6 Insurrection and the Documents Case he has since turned around and says he's voting for Trump and Collins goes after him for the last 10 minutes and doesn't let up!

What?!

Bill Barr has the moral compass of a Mafia consigliere.

His only "virtue" is loyalty to his party.

11 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Bill Barr will never live down this interview; it's gone viral. Great job by Collins.

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Bill Barr has the moral compass of a Mafia consigliere.

His only "virtue" is loyalty to his party.

100%. He can correctly be viewed as a deeply unserious person and clown.