The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

'Silent but deadly': Far-right caucus mocked over new group with unfortunate acronym

by Kathleen Culliton April 18, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/freedom-caucus-2667810851/

“The far-right House Republican group Thursday appeared to be plotting a defensive tactic against moderate counterparts and has assembled to assist them in this effort a Floor Action Response Team, or as Politico's Congress reporter Olivia Beavers dubbed it in acronym, a FART.

"House Freedom Caucus members are signing up to take shifts to guard the House floor in order to prevent resolutions they’d consider unsavory from slipping through that could curb their power," Beavers reported on X.

"This Floor Action Response Team ('FART') aims to guard against a voice vote or unanimous consent vote where action could be stealthily taken against them and their members."

"Freedom Caucus members plotting defensive tactic to man the House floor today to avoid any meddling by moderates," Soellner reported.”

I.... I... I...

Steve Thomas

(shakes his head. There is absolutely nothing I could say.)

Silent, but deadly. They're a very covert action group.

So, they're guarding the floor to make sure nothing too unsavory slips through.  Maybe they need a mirror to observe themselves.  I wonder if they might be keeping a pot of beans simmering in the back of the chamber, so they never have to leave to eat.  They could have forgotten the cardinal rules of cooking beans.  Sift through them slowly to make sure no small rocks might have gotten into/been left in them, and counting them, stopping at 239.  Everyone knows that just one more makes them Two Farty.   What a name, the Farty Party.  I now feel like I'm back in about the 5th grade.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

So, they're guarding the floor to make sure nothing too unsavory slips through.  Maybe they need a mirror to observe themselves.  I wonder if they might be keeping a pot of beans simmering in the back of the chamber, so they never have to leave to eat.  They could have forgotten the cardinal rules of cooking beans.  Sift through them slowly to make sure no small rocks might have gotten into/been left in them, and counting them, stopping at 239.  Everyone knows that just one more makes them Two Farty.   What a name, the Farty Party.  I now feel like I'm back in about the 5th grade.

Ron,

That 239 beans joke sounds like some old-fashioned Texas Ranger campfire humor.

And, speaking of Texas, I know from matrimonial experience that Texans really know how to make great chili.

I once wrote a song about this subject, in which I borrowed Oscar Wilde's line about marriage being a relationship in which, "bad words are exchanged by day and bad smells by night."

I thought it was funny, but my wife was only slightly amused... 😬

Edited by W. Niederhut

Trump's stock made giant gains the past 2 days, in what was a textbook example of a "short squeeze"; short sellers bought back the stock to take their profits.

But what caused the squeeze? Possibly Trump giving instructions to shareholders on his Truth Social site on how to thwart short selling, the legality of which I can only speculate on...

GLeqo5GWMAA4MW7?format=jpg&name=large

DJT3.jpg

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

And now, as if on cue...

Matt,

My question.  Is Trump passing gas in court or something more substantial?

And, speaking of MAGA fecal material, Bill Barr announced this week that he will vote for Trump!

Curiously, Barr called it a choice between playing "Russian roulette" with Trump, or certain suicide with Biden.

Calling Bill Barr a despicable toady is an insult to despicable toadies.

12 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

And, speaking of MAGA fecal material, Bill Barr announced this week that he will vote for Trump!

Curiously, Barr called it a choice between playing "Russian roulette" with Trump, or certain suicide with Biden.

He's a garbage person; just a bad American.

And clearly in a bad place with his mental health; negatively comparing the Biden admin, which has accomplished myriad tangible positive things for people, to Trump's "I play golf and commit crimes" incompetence, is truly dissociative, alternate reality behavior.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/climate/rfk-jr-environment.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Dozens of people who worked with Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. when he was an environmental lawyer are calling on him to end his campaign. The National Resources Defense Council has taken out full-page ads expected to appear this weekend in six swing states, The New York Times reported, rebutting RFK Jr.’s attempts to brand himself as the “best environment president in American history.” According to the Times, the ads call on RFK Jr. to “Honor our planet, drop out,” and include the slogan, “A vote for RFK Jr. is a vote to destroy that progress and put Trump back in the White House.” Several of the people who worked alongside him, including those who identified as friends, told the Times they “don’t recognize” the person he’s become, citing the science-denying conspiracy theories he’s pushed about vaccines and climate change. “His actions are a betrayal to our environment,” John Hamilton Adams, the man who mentored and hired RFK Jr. to the Council, said of the candidate.

In memory of Dickey Betts.  The last of the Allman Brothers.  I saw them March 24 1973 in Tarrant County convention center from the floor, near the front and again June 28 1974 in Texas Stadium with Joe Walsh and Marshall Tucker.  His song, he stepped up after Duane died.