The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

W. I gleaned your very good article in the Political Discussions forum . It does seem like the one issue where I would have preferred Obama as President over Biden is the Israel Hamas War. As Obama was rightfully opposing  Netanyahu and it almost appears that Biden started out  using "atonement" with Bibi for Obama's sins for offending him!

Obviously Bibi was very upset at Obama's peace accords with Iran and was very happy when Trump came in and pulled every lever with Trump to make sure he destroyed it. Of course, when Bibi came to Washington, he completely bypassed and snubbed meeting Obama and talked directly and wooed favor from the Republican Congress, who love him!

Hey, I'm for decreased U.S. Defense expenditures. But there seems to be a  sort of myopic projection back to the 60's here about the current U.S. military establishment. Correct me where I'm wrong, but from what I gleaned, it's worth  mentioning  that all of Trump's first cabinet military leaders were very much in favor of keeping the Iran peace initiatives as well as the MIC (Rex Tillerson), until Trump replaced them and Mike Pompeo, a known Iran hawk,  became Trump's Secretary of State. 

I think the world, at this time  would be at least a little closer to Peace if we had better relations with Iran,. though I don't claim to know the ins and outs of the Iran Peace initiative. 

I know the Iranians were hoping to start it up again when Trump left office.  But Biden's put a lot more conditions on it and it failed, to Bibi's delight! Why do you think Biden jettisoned it?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

W. I gleaned your very good article in the Political Discussions forum . It does seem like the one issue where I would have preferred Obama as President over Biden is the Israel Hamas War. As Obama was rightfully opposing  Netanyahu and it almost appears that Biden started out  using "atonement" with Bibi for Obama's sins for offending him!

Obviously Bibi was very upset at Obama's peace accords with Iran and was very happy when Trump came in and pulled every lever with Trump to make sure he destroyed it. Of course, when Bibi came to Washington, he completely bypassed and snubbed meeting Obama and talked directly and wooed favor from the Republican Congress, who love him!

Hey, I'm for decreased U.S. Defense expenditures. But there seems to be a  sort of myopic projection back to the 60's here about the current U.S. military establishment. Correct me where I'm wrong, but from what I gleaned, it's worth  mentioning  that all of Trump's first cabinet military leaders were very much in favor of keeping the Iran peace initiatives as well as the MIC (Rex Tillerson), until Trump replaced them and Mike Pompeo, a known Iran hawk,  became Trump's Secretary of State. 

I think the world, at this time  would be at least a little closer to Peace if we had better relations with Iran,. though I don't claim to know the ins and outs of the Iran Peace initiative. 

I know the Iranians were hoping to start it up again when Trump left office.  But Biden's put a lot more conditions on it and it failed, to Bibi's delight! Why do you think Biden jettisoned it?

Exactly right, KIrk.

Tillerson, Mattis, and McMaster all wanted Trump to uphold the Iranian Nuclear Disarmament Treaty.  As I recall, even some Mossad and IDF leaders believed, at the time, that the Iran treaty was in Israel's best interests.

Netanyahu never did.

When Tillerson, Mattis, and McMaster quit the Trump administration, they were replaced by Iran war hawks, including Pompeo and John Bolton.  Then the Orange Mar-a-Lago Boobie withdrew from the Iran treaty and destabilized the entire region.  As the authors pointed out, Trump didn't even know who Brian Hook was, during his meeting with Macron.  (Hook was the Trump administration's own guy in charge of revising-- and preserving-- the Iran treaty.)

As for Biden, IMO, he should have followed Obama's lead, from the start, in dealing with Netanyahu and the Likudniks.

During Obama's presidency, Biden had privately told the Israelis that he was "their best friend" in Washington.

Paul Rigby posted an interesting article on one of the JFK and Gaza threads about Biden's history with Israel.

Now, if I understand the latest news, Biden has, essentially, announced that bombing Iran is up to Bibi-- but that the U.S. will not get involved in an Israeli war with Iran.

I'm not a foreign policy expert, but this doesn't make sense to me.

For one thing, Tehran is aligned with Moscow.

Is Biden passively acquiescing to a wider regional war-- with potential Russian involvement?

Trump keeps dozing off during his felony trial in New York.

Someone should make a meme with Trump blathering about, "Sleepy Joe Biden," and Biden responding, "Hold My Beer."

"That's just how he is".

A woman in Brazil couldn't get a bank loan, so she brought in a dead guy in a wheelchair to co-sign the loan.

The cashier said, "He looks awful pale".

The woman said, "That's just how he is."

The bank called the cops and the woman was arrested for attempted fraud and abusing a corpse.

Now, that's how you get a bank loan.

Steve Thomas

- Kari Lake -

"That’s why they’re coming after us with lawfare; they’re going to come after us with everything. That’s why the next six months is going to be intense,” Lake said, adding: “We’re going to put on our helmet or your Kari Lake ball cap. We are going to put on the armor of God. And maybe strap on a Glock on the side of us, just in case.”

The woman needs to be put on the terrorist watch list.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Trump rails against wind energy in fundraising pitch to oil executives

At a Mar-a-Lago dinner, Donald Trump doubles down on promises to derail a key form of clean energy that competes with fossil fuels

www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/04/17/trump-wind-power-oil-executives/

April 17, 2024

Donnie wants a cut.

If you're running for public office, and you use Donald Trump's name or likeness in your fundraising efforts, Donald Trump now want a percentage of your take.

He'll happily endorse you for office, you just have to pay him for the privilege.

I think I'll go and copyright my name.

Steve Thomas

'Silent but deadly': Far-right caucus mocked over new group with unfortunate acronym

by Kathleen Culliton April 18, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/freedom-caucus-2667810851/

“The far-right House Republican group Thursday appeared to be plotting a defensive tactic against moderate counterparts and has assembled to assist them in this effort a Floor Action Response Team, or as Politico's Congress reporter Olivia Beavers dubbed it in acronym, a FART.

"House Freedom Caucus members are signing up to take shifts to guard the House floor in order to prevent resolutions they’d consider unsavory from slipping through that could curb their power," Beavers reported on X.

"This Floor Action Response Team ('FART') aims to guard against a voice vote or unanimous consent vote where action could be stealthily taken against them and their members."

"Freedom Caucus members plotting defensive tactic to man the House floor today to avoid any meddling by moderates," Soellner reported.”

I.... I... I...

Steve Thomas

(shakes his head. There is absolutely nothing I could say.)

Silent, but deadly. They're a very covert action group.

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

'Silent but deadly': Far-right caucus mocked over new group with unfortunate acronym

by Kathleen Culliton April 18, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/freedom-caucus-2667810851/

“The far-right House Republican group Thursday appeared to be plotting a defensive tactic against moderate counterparts and has assembled to assist them in this effort a Floor Action Response Team, or as Politico's Congress reporter Olivia Beavers dubbed it in acronym, a FART.

"House Freedom Caucus members are signing up to take shifts to guard the House floor in order to prevent resolutions they’d consider unsavory from slipping through that could curb their power," Beavers reported on X.

"This Floor Action Response Team ('FART') aims to guard against a voice vote or unanimous consent vote where action could be stealthily taken against them and their members."

"Freedom Caucus members plotting defensive tactic to man the House floor today to avoid any meddling by moderates," Soellner reported.”

I.... I... I...

Steve Thomas

(shakes his head. There is absolutely nothing I could say.)

Silent, but deadly. They're a very covert action group.

Another MAGA House initiative that doesn't pass the sniff test... 🙄

Trump isn't going to make it through this trial without being jailed for violating his gag order. He's just too awful an American.

At this rate, he might not even make it two weeks before being jailed...