The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

April 25

404 BC Athens surrenders to Sparta

1507 on a world map, the word America first appears

1915 Allied Soldiers invade Gallopoli

1945 American and Russian soldiers link up at the river Elbe

2024 The Supteme Court hears arguments on whether President's are immune from prosecution

Steve Thomas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump to receive bonus worth $1.2bn for Trump Media stock performance

A price floor means ex-president gets bonus even though Trump Media & Technology Group’s stock value has plummeted

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/apr/24/trump-media-bonue

“He was able to receive the bonus if TMTG’s stock traded above $17.50 a share for 20 days out of any 30-day period within the first three years of the firm’s stock market debut...”

Steve (slaps his forhead) Thomas

It just never ends.

'How can we trust him?' New concerns about Trump Media as auditor found to use many names

by Tom Boggioni April 25, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-truth-social-stock-2667876789/

“According to a report from the Financial Times, the outside auditor hired by Trump Media & Technology Group to create a report used by investors for guidance has a history of using multiple names when signing off on documentation, which is raising some eyebrows.

“The report notes that BF Borgers accounting firm principal, Ben F. Borgers, has filed forms using 10 different names...”

“The report notes that the U.S. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board has previously found Borgers' firm (BF Borgers) "failed to properly check clients’ revenues, accounts receivable, debt levels, fair value assumptions and numerous other key financial metrics."”

Steve Thomas

Everyone should celebrate': FCC restores net neutrality rules

by Jessica Corbett, Common Dreams

April 25, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/everyone-should-celebrate-fcc-restores-net-neutrality-rules/

This will prevent internet service providers from blocking, throttling, or engaging in paid prioritization of lawful online content. The internet will be like electricity. You either have it, or you don't, period.

Steve Thomas

Trump keeps begging for a "rally behind MAGA" — but his supporters aren't showing up to court
It's not just that Fox News told them entering New York results in instant murder

By AMANDA MARCOTTE  April 24, 2024
https://www.salon.com/2024/04/24/keeps-begging-for-a-rally-behind-maga--but-his-supporters-arent-showing-up-to/

"Come to New York and rally to support me."

"Violent criminals that are murdering people, killing people" are free to "do whatever they want."

"And it's constantly reinforced by Fox News, which pushes out a series of misleading stories and images meant to scare their elderly suburbanite audiences into believing that going into the nation's largest city results in instant murder."
"Nonetheless, Trump keeps pleading with his followers to run through what they've been told is a "bloodbath" ."
"What's especially funny about all this is that Trump can't quite admit that his people just aren't showing up, and keeps on blaming the barricades and the cops."

Steve Thomas

On 4/23/2024 at 5:48 PM, W. Niederhut said:

The gist of it was that Rudy Giuliani has always been a sleazeball.

I've always had a low opinion of Giuliani, even prior to 9/11. But it's only in the last several years that I've realized he's an idiot.

On 4/24/2024 at 5:52 AM, Steve Thomas said:

And so it follows that Generation Beta will be born from 2025 to 2039

I predict that the new lettering system for generations -- Greek -- won't make it past Generation Beta. (Generation Gamma, anybody?) Americans aren't into foreign alphabets... with the exception of scientists, physicists, and engineers.

I'll bet that after Generation Beta, Generation C will be used. And alternate names Generations A and B will be used for Generations Alpha and Beta.

On 4/24/2024 at 4:32 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Columbia University protests: What's really happening isn't what you've been told. (slate.com)

I am all for anti-war protests on campus. (And off campus.) But I have a suspicion that the police were called in because some of the protesters are disrupting normal campus functioning.

A little like the Golden Gate Bridge being shut down due to protests there last week.