The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

“They’re taking Black jobs now and it could be 18, it could be 19 and even 20 million people,” Trump said.

“They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs and you haven’t seen it yet but you’re gonna see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

There are black jobs, and then again there are white jobs, you see.

What are black jobs?

Picking cotton?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always wonder if things wouldn't be better had Bernie walked out of the Democratic Party Convention in 2016 and taken the Green Party nomination.

So Clinton would have lost and then blamed it on Bernie instead of her own ineptitude.   So what - she was going to lose anyway.

At least there would be an established 3rd party with different leadership that would probably have attracted a lot of younger voters.

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I'll just preface this by saying that I think Biden's presidency has been masterful; he walked into a situation of utter tumult and chaos, got things straightened out, got good legislation passed, and restored dignity to the WH. He will forever be a legend for that alone.

I agree.

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

[Biden will] always be remembered as a hero who stopped us from devolving into Fascism. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think Kirk nailed it.

A Newsome/Whitmer ticket would be the best chance to save the country from Project 2025 and another Trump disaster.

I agree.

Hopefully no Harris. No offense, but to me she seems soooo boring.

I think Biden is already showing he's too stubborn or egotistical to step down. He's just like Trump in that respect, it's himself above country. So do they force an incumbent out? Drag him out of the convention kicking (well, I think he's too feeble to kick) and screaming? That will certainly get the TV ratings.

And it looks like his wife Jill is no help at all. I guess she likes living in the White House.

3 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

And it looks like his wife Jill is no help at all. I guess she likes living in the White House.

Yes, I do think there is a serious disconnect in Biden. And his unawareness of how poorly he came off could end up so disheartening. His aides should probably have been aware. He was incapable of any real push back. He had both the Social security/taxation and the justice to blacks question and  he completed his response and twice was reminded he could fill in a lot more  time. The future looks horrid and the stakes are too high.

I never felt I had a stake in the process until I was 40 and Bill Clinton got elected.  Of course, with the old age issue  the younger voter is just reminded about how disenfranchised they feel.

But the fun is just starting. Biden plans to "debate" again in September. Plenty of time to possibly recover from this, then, wham! another first-round KO.

19 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

But the fun is just starting. Biden plans to "debate" again in September. Plenty of time to possibly recover from this, then, wham! another first-round KO.

KO is right.   Biden had multiple opportunities to throw some haymakers at Trump last night, but he couldn't even throw a punch, or finish an argument on several occasions.  So he got slobber-knockered.

For example, when they were debating about border security, Biden started to talk about the recent bipartisan Senate Border Security bill that was sabotaged by Trump and Mike Johnson.  But he never got around to mentioning that Trump had actively sabotaged the bill!  He simply lost track of his own argument.

In debating about Afghanistan, Biden didn't mention that Trump had surrendered to the Taliban at Doha in February of 2020, then abruptly withdrew almost all U.S. troops from Afghanistan before Biden's January 2021 Inauguration-- against the advice of the Joint Chiefs!

Biden also failed to nail Trump for the recent GOP Congressional task force proposal to cut Social Security funding, or the December 2017 Trump/GOP bill that mandated cuts to Medicare and Medicaid!

Instead, Biden mumbled, "We beat Medicare!"  🙄

We need to get King Lear and Mrs. Lear to abdicate.

Is there anyone who has Biden's ear nowadays?

Biden says that he believes with all his heart and soul that he can do the job. But even if he can (for four more years?), that's not the point. Biden is like a stalker. He just can't understand that he is not wanted.

9 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

“They’re taking Black jobs now and it could be 18, it could be 19 and even 20 million people,” Trump said.

“They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs and you haven’t seen it yet but you’re gonna see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

There are black jobs, and then again there are white jobs, you see.

What are black jobs?

Picking cotton?

Steve Thomas

- Donald Trump at a rally in Virginia 06/28/24 -

“...worst thing that's happening to Black No. 1, Hispanic No. 2,…”

"And they're taking the Black jobs. People that have had their jobs for a long time are losing their jobs. And Hispanic jobs, people that have had 'em for a long time are losing their jobs.”

"Trump just repeated his 'Black jobs' and 'Hispanic jobs' garbage again at his Virginia rally today," wrote @ArtCandee. "Enough of this man!!!!!"

“"Someone please ask Trump what a 'black job' is," said @JDCocchiarella.”

“There is no such thing as a Black job. That misinformed characterization is a denial of the ubiquity of Black talent. We are doctors, lawyers, school teachers, police officers and firefighters. The list goes on,” said Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP. “A ‘Black job’ is an American job. “

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Dumb as a box of rocks

Trump: "All they know is electric, they want electric army tanks, they want electric planes. What happens if the sun isn't shining while you're up in the air? Well, sir, those, you know that I told you there'd be problems, sir. No, they want electric everything every day. They want electric boats. The problem, the boats, they, they don't float because the battery is so heavy. It sinks the boat. They say we don't care. We want em anyway."

Steve Thomas