The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Possibly the funniest take on the debate @ the 3 to 5 minute marks.

I thought the whole thing was well worth the 20 minutes.  I laughed multiple times, it kind of cheered me up.

For dt.  Wheel ran off the bus and over the railroad tracks into a grocery store.  If you want to buy a bus (or maybe airplane, or some stock, a hotel or golf course) I'm taking bids.  

On 9/10/2024 at 9:04 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

I've never been very interested in race horse politics-- as opposed to policy issues-- but I have heard that Trump is not very popular in conservative New Hampshire lately.

And yet, incredibly, Sununu still intends to vote for the Orange Felon? 

Just seeing this now W...

I heard the same thing recently, that NH is now a blue state, but it's hard to tell from the circles in which I travel.  I've been seeing Trump signs for months, but since about a week ago, I'm seeing lots of Harris/Walz signs!  Could be that Democrats are just not as loudmouthed as Trumplicans.

I don't know what Sununu is up to.  He went from quite anti-Trump to being a supporter.  What could he be thinking?  I just don't think people in NH are rabid Trump supporters generally.  Maybe he's thinking that, nationally, that would be a better position to take for his future goals.

And Kelly Ayotte, who is running in his place for govenor, also endorses Trump.  We've got a very good candidate-Joyce Craig, Mayor of Manchester-running against her and I'll be very interested to see what any polling in the next couple of months suggests.  I am very hopeful, and I don't think that's misplaced.

Short answer, I don't effing know... :>)

- Right-wing "influencer" (i.e. nut-job) Dave Rubin -

"Let's talk a little bit about how this fits into the pop culture part of this, because the pop culture is a huge driver of the cultural narrative," said Rubin. "Poor Taylor Swift endorses Kamala Harris on Instagram after the debate on ABC, proudly calls herself 'a childless cat lady.' Elon Musk, who they hate, saw that and he wrote this: 'Fine Taylor ... you win ... I will give you a child and guard your cats with my life.' So he's mocking and exposing the ridiculousness, right?"

"It's like Taylor Swift, you are a young, pretty girl," said Rubin. "Do you know what the gang members from Venezuela do to young, pretty girls? It ain't pretty."

Steve Thomas

Republicans give Trump's economic sabotage plan the cold shoulder
By Brad Reed September 12, 2024
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-federal-reserve/

Trump is demanding that the Republicans in Congress shut the government down and railing at the Fed for cutting interest rates to make it easier for people to buy homes and cars.

Trump needs to run on a ruined economy.

Trump's policies are not popular for the Republicans who are running for re-election.

This is funny to watch.

Steve Thomas

- Marianne Williamson -

"Continuing to dump on Trump because of the 'eating cats' issue will create blowback on Nov. 5," Williamson posted on X. "Haitian voodoo is in fact real, and to dismiss the story out-of-hand rather than listen to the citizens of Springfield, Ohio confirms in the minds of many voters the stereotype of Democrats as smug elite jerks who think they’re too smart to listen to anyone outside their own silo."

Voodoo is real': Ex-Dem candidate calls own party 'elite jerks' for dismissing pet hoax
By Travis Gettys September 12, 2024
https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-marianne-williamson/

"Trump has been associating immigrants with the fictional cannibal, Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his claims about Haitian immigrants eating pets appears to be rooted in both historic disgust about immigrant foods and hysteria over rare instances of human sacrifices by practitioners of voodoo, which is a syncretism between several traditional religions of West and Central Africa and Roman Catholicism."i

I said that cannibalism would be introduced into the picture before it was all over.

Steve Thomas

A bomb threat was called into city hall in the Ohio town that has become an immigration flashpoint in Donald Trump's re-election campaign.

Springfield city hall was evacuated Thursday around 8:30 a.m. after city officials said the bomb threat was made against "multiple facilities throughout" the town where Trump and his running mate have claimed that Haitian immigrants are stealing and eating pets, reported the Springfield News-Sun.

Thank you Donald Trump, for making this all okay.

Steve Thomas

Should Travis Kelce kick the crap out of Elon Musk?

Musk offered yesterday to impregnate Taylor Swift, after Swift identified herself as a "childless cat lady" endorsing Kamala Harris.

Kelce, the Kansas City Chief's future Hall of Famer, has been dating Swift.

Personally, I would not want to scrap with Travis Kelce.

I'd probably get hog-walloped in the first round.