The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, have you repented yet?

- Marjorie Taylor Greene -

"God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses and many more things to come. I pray that our country listens."

I guess that means Canada and Mexico are screwed.

Steve Thomas
Edited by Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

In an effort to quell the naysayers, and offer proof of his divinity, Donald Trump ha said that he will blot out the sun on Monday.

Steve Thomas 

Yes, --or the sun will be blotted out on Monday and I, alone, can fix it.

It's official.

RFK, Jr. is a screwball.

The screwball, obviously, hasn't studied the extensive J6 evidence.

Phillip Bump spelled out the case against RFK, Jr.'s latest J6 nonsense quite clearly in yesterday's WaPo article (above.)

RFK Jr., floating conspiracy theory, says 'reasonable' people say Jan. 6 wasn't insurrection (msn.com)

Edited by W. Niederhut

It looks like RFK, Jr.'s fund-raisers include this anti-vax Slepcevic yahoo who was at the Capitol on January 6th.

Today, RFK, Jr. said that he wants "to hear both sides" of the J6 story.

Did he ever listen to the sworn Congressional J6 witness testimony of Trump's staff? 

If not, there's no excuse for this kind of ignorance in a Presidential candidate.

RFK Jr. Fundraisers Tied to J6ers, QAnoners, Christian Nationalists, and Far-Right Extremists – Mother Jones

Edited by W. Niederhut

15 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Yes, --or the sun will be blotted out on Monday and I, alone, can fix it.

I'm in the dark Monday.  My wife bought glasses so we can see the light, around the moon, without damaging our eyes.  It's a big deal here.  We're on the edge of total darkness.  Lotsa people coming to observe from closer to the center, nationwide, world wide.  

I had to laugh in Wal-Mart today, at the T-shirts.  NWS says we have a 50% chance of rain by 4:00 PM.  A good chance it could be cloudy by I think it's currently 1:39. I hope to see a historical event but if not it's just another Stormy Monday I guess.

'Set things straight': Chilling poll shows how far Republicans are willing to go

by D. Earl Stephens

April 7, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/violence-gop/

"A majority of Republicans believe the country needs a leader to break some rules to get it back on track, and some 3 in 10 Republicans go so far as to say Americans may have to resort to violence in order to set things straight.

If 3 and (sic) 10 Republicans believe Americans may have to resort to violence “to set things straight” we are talking about roughly 20 million Americans who feel this way.

Trump got slightly more than 74,000,000 votes in 2020. Thirty percent of that number would roughly work out to 20+ million.

Twenty million-plus people who think we need violence “to set things straight ...”

And what does “set things straight” even mean? I’ll let you decide that, but besides sounding thuggish, in my mind we are talking about returning to a time when white men ran every single bit of everything in this country, and by extreme force.

How many of these Republicans who see violence as a way “to set things straight” are cops? How many of these Republicans who see violence as a way “to set things straight” are in our military? How many of these Republicans who see violence as a way “to set things straight” are in our Congress? How many of these Republicans who see violence as a way “to set things straight” are moms and dads?

Have we become so gaslit and desensitized by the past eight years that we are willing to brush away terror like this as if it were just some pesky gnat buzzing around our heads?

Do we still somehow think we are immune from the lawlessness and violence that has destroyed other countries right in front of our eyes?

Tens of millions of Americans, many of whom have stockpiled a significant portion of the 450 million guns in this country, believe violence is a way “to set things straight” if things don’t work out for them in November.

God help us"

Steve Thomas.

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

It really is a big deal here.  They are expecting traffic jams in a small town like ours (20K, 35 with the college).  Hotel rates have tripled and quadrupled.  Five different venues hosting events, plus one tonight at the University's Huneywell ranch outside town where the telescope is.  They are hosting tomorrow also, opening up the football stadium as a place to view.  In case of overcast skies they are streaming it in a live feed from NASA, plus beforehand showing an Eclipse Over Texas video on the giant screen.  I feel sure there will be hot dogs, popcorn and maybe even beer available.

I wonder if they will bring out the band and the cheerleaders, maybe a speech from the President and/or Dean of Science, who I used to work for as a Department Head.     

Free t-shirts while they last from the chamber of commerce and visitors center, as well as "viewers".  Or, you can still order an official TSU Eclipse shirt from the book store for $27.99.

I think I'll go, pending traffic, I do know a back way in.  It sounds potentially like a carnival atmosphere.  I wonder if the suites will be open, though not a good viewing spot if you're looking up.

Might they be doing this?

How to Sync Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ With the Solar Eclipse (msn.com)