The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

27 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks for the chuckle!  Now on to the sh*t show in a little over an hour.  I'm betting the orange dude can't hold himself back.

This will sound strange, but I'm not going to watch. I don't think it will be good for my mental state.

I just predict Trump will come out incredibly calm, and try to put his charisma to work for himself.

Perhaps later in the debate, Biden, or one of the moderators, will trip him up with a truth bomb, but we shall see.

Trump can't eff this up and I believe he's been convinced of that by his handlers.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A disaster!!  😲

I had to turn off the debate after the first 40 minutes.  Couldn't bear to watch it.

Trump was lying his ass off, as always, and Biden was too feeble to respond appropriately to Trump's bullshit.

He looked ancient-- dazed and confused.  HIs voice was hoarse and faint.

At one point, I turned to my wife and said, "Dammit!  I could do a better job in this debate than Biden!"

Should the Democrats ask Biden to step down in 2024?

47 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

A disaster!!  😲

I had to turn off the debate after the first 40 minutes.  Couldn't bear to watch it.

Trump was lying his ass off, as always, and Biden was too feeble to respond appropriately to Trump's bullshit.

He looked ancient-- dazed and confused.  HIs voice was hoarse and faint.

At one point, I turned to my wife and said, "Dammit!  I could do a better job in this debate than Biden!"

Should the Democrats ask Biden to step down in 2024?

I watch the debate and I agree with you. The debate is disaster and both of them are clowns

Things are about to get really interesting.

Biden needed to convince a lot of people tonight that his age is not an issue, and it appears that did not happen.

At this point, us fans of Biden really don't matter. What matters is getting millions of people to vote and make sure Trump does not win, and tonight was not a step in that direction. 

John Q Public is who matters in this, and more than ever, I don't think John Q Public wants either one of these guys.

I thought the best line in the debate was when Trump said, "I don't know what he just said and I don't think he does either."

One MAGA false claim leading up to the debate was laid to rest, though. Biden was not high on drugs. (At least not the right ones.)

34 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

At his point in time, is there an alternative?

There is no alternative. However, RFK Jr. claimed that he created an offer to Biden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13574433/RFK-incredible-offer-Biden-blown-2024-presidential-race-wide-open.html

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

One MAGA false claim leading up to the debate was laid to rest, though. Biden was not high on drugs. (At least not the right ones.)

hahaha indeed.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

At his point in time, is there an alternative?

I'll just preface this by saying that I think Biden's presidency has been masterful; he walked into a situation of utter tumult and chaos, got things straightened out, got good legislation passed, and restored dignity to the WH. He will forever be a legend for that alone.

His age was a worry in the last campaign, and there is no shame in that, because time catches up to all of us, whether we're ready or not.

Life can change fast at the age of 81, and I no longer think he is best candidate for the November election. I don't think he is a strong candidate. We were told he spent a week preparing for this debate, and this was the result. That's not acceptable.

I think the odds would now be that we see some combination of Harris/Newsom or Harris/Whitmer as the ticket put forward by the Dems.

That's just my opinion, tho.

W.and I, at  one time warned about this.

I was hoping we Baby Boomers could leave the scene with grace back in 2016. But the Dems felt they owed Hilary for Obama's candidacy and they could get historical standing for electing the first woman President. Then came the "Trump revolution" and now it looks real tired.

They talk like there's no Barry Goldwater in the Democratic party to talk Richard Nixon into  standing down. But I'd say there is and it's Obama. Biden would never have achieved his lifelong desire to become President if he wasn't picked for VP by Obama. 

They should get Biden to step down and go for the youth.  There is 2 candidates i think are front runners and that's Gavin Newsome and Gretchen Whitmer who seems to have gained some gravitas in recent interviews I've seen.

Re: Newsome , it seems to me like California is the least popular state in the union. The truth is, Biden would easily still win in California as he is currently  leading by 20 points. Without  sweeping Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, Biden will lose, so Whitmer might be a better first choice.  Of course, with a total overhaul of the ticket. That would leave a few more states up in the air, like maybe Georgia, Arizona, Nevada,  North Carolina that the Dems could pick at.

If this could be done resolutely. The Dems would impress on the public that they are completely committed to stopping Trump,Fascism and a complete breakdown of the"administrative State".  Since everything has been so predictable and boring with 2 old candidates who have already been President, a new youth movement could be seen as exciting and finally breathing some life into the electorate again. 

I think Biden's domestic policies were as good as anything in 60 years, including JFK, and he'll always be remembered as a hero who stopped us from devolving into Fascism. Would Jill really be a hindrance to standing in the way? Why wouldn't they really want to retire like everyone else?

Well, we'll see. I would be relieved.

I think Kirk nailed it.

A Newsome/Whitmer ticket would be the best chance to save the country from Project 2025 and another Trump disaster.