The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

4 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

I'd vote for Joe Biden in a coma rather than Trump. 

Yeah I said I'd vote for Biden if his head was in a jar.

Most of those calling for Joe Biden to step down are absolutely hysterical and need to be slapped back to reality-

Those of us who want Biden to go don't think we've been at all hysterical here.

The nations going to have to try as we are   to have a national discussion about the graduated effects of old aging, but now really isn't the time.

Whether Biden ends up like Jesus Christ and dying for us, or maybe has the fate of the only other U.S. President with the initials J.B. James Buchanan. The Democrat (pro slavery) President just before the Civil War.  

I think we all know the stakes, and don't have to convince each other

Most Americans who are asleep right now, will, by November, be completely aware of the stark choice between Trumpism and Democracy.

That would be nice, I'm not counting on it. In the short term, I'd be interested in the "Fetterman effect." But this is not about National polling. It's about the electoral college.

I see the Dems right now are freaking out about Trump -10  in 2020 in Virginia and dead even now, and your state Paul, New Hampshire, where they show Trump now pulling ahead! Some polls have even showed Trump now leading in New Jersey! I don't think any of those states would go Trump if Biden's fitness no longer becomes an issue. Which it sounds like you're convinced it won't.

But the Dems are already prepared to concede that Trump could easily steal back Georgia, Arizona and Nevada and are hunkering down on Wisconsin, Michigan, but particularly on Pennsylvania,(where the most recent polls have him 5-7 points behind!) because if Biden loses any of those 3, he' loses!

But even if Biden takes Pennsylvania, that will make a Biden victory of 270-268! The closest election in U.S. history! Most people are not at all aware of this. That's the narrow pathway we are buying into!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

uh, Cliff.....

link to Biden vs Project 2025 vs Taylor Swift on Google Trends

(I thought Taylor Swift wasn't bad in the movie Amsterdam.)

Interesting site!

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=biden old,project 2025

10 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Donors.

They'll be back.  The big story now is Project 2025.  By trying to distance himself Trump amplifies it.

When I made this post I was referring to the Biden Debate story vs. the Project 2025 story.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&geo=US&gprop=news&q=biden debate,project 2025&hl=en

- Marjorie Taylor Greene -

"Someone just tried to ASSASSINATE President Trump. The Democrats and the media are to blame for every drop of blood spilled today."

I wondered how long that was going to take.

It only took her about 15 minutes.

You watch. Before it's over, Trump will be blaming Biden for trying to take him out.

"They tried to shut me up  by kicking me off Twitter and everything, and when that didn't work, they tried to kill me."

If Trump wasn't a martyr before, he'll sure be one now.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

"Someone just tried to ASSASSINATE President Trump. The Democrats and the media are to blame for every drop of blood spilled today."

Geez...  My question...

Where was this MAGA moral indignation when Trump and his Fox News Ministry of Trumpaganda incited the El Paso Walmart Massacre?

In contrast, liberals are the Americans who have consistently condemned gun violence in the U.S.-- including today.

GI1MXbP.png

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I wondered how long that was going to take.

It only took her about 15 minutes.

You watch. Before it's over, Trump will be blaming Biden for trying to take him out.

"They tried to shut me up  by kicking me off Twitter and everything, and when that didn't work, they tried to kill me."

If Trump wasn't a martyr before, he'll sure be one now.

Steve Thomas

What did I tell you?

- J.D. Vance, one of Donald Trump's V.P. Candidates -

"The central premise of the Biden campaign is that President Donald Trump is an authoritarian fascist who must be stopped at all costs," he claimed on Saturday. "That rhetoric led directly to President Trump's attempted assassination."

Vance just put a target on Joe Biden's back.

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

When I made this post I was referring to the Biden Debate story vs. the Project 2025 story

I think the bigger issue was Biden overall and not Biden+Debate or Biden+Age.

Now, I'm afraid Project 2025 will recede farther into the background.

I think the bigger issue was Biden overall and not Biden+Debate or Biden+Age.

Be that as it may, I specifically meant the Biden Debate issue.  On the JFK Records thread I predicted the Biden Debate story would be old news by July 11 (original sentencing date for NY election interference convictions.)

Instead, Project 2025 was the big story.

After today the big stories will be political violence and gun control.

A 20 year old small town white boy registered-Republican gun nut opened fire on Trump.  Trump responded by yelling, "Fight!  Fight!  Fight!".  Isn't that the rhetoric of political violence?

Now, I'm afraid Project 2025 will recede farther into the background.

It'll be back.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Kirk and W., I appreciate your comments.  I may just be whistling past the graveyard....

Kirk, I liked the phrase the "Fetterman effect".  People love a person whoose heart and courage make them a cut above the rest.  

The hysteria I was referring to was about the slow rolling appearances of members of Congress calling for Biden to step down, at the begining, after his debate performance.   To a man, their only point was that the stakes were too high to risk running with Joe Biden.  Well yea, we all know how high the stakes are.  And, rather than wait to see data or to see if cooler heads may prevail, there came an immediate call for Biden to step down.

Yes Kirk, it is about the electoral college--I tend to forget that.  And I didn't know that the polls in New Hampshire show Trump slightly ahead of Biden.  I live in Concord, the State Capitol, and it's a very blue area and it always has been, so it's always been hard to get a read on what the rest of the state is feeling, but I don't think the majority want the chaos that comes with Trump.  They may elect the republican gubernatorial candidate to replace Sununu, but, very often, the democrate presidential candidate wins in spite.

After this assasination attempt, everyone in the country will now be paying attention though...

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I find the narrative Trump was a hero amusing given the amount of responsibility he carries for his own shooting.

Indeed.

Trump has compared himself this year to Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and Jesus.

Now his cult is comparing him to Teddy Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy.

They forgot that Teddy and JFK were bona fide war heroes, (San Juan Hill, PT-109) and that Donald "Bone Spurs" once said that battling Sexually-Transmitted Diseases in NYC was his "own personal Vietnam."