The Education Forum

RFK Jr discusses his candidacy, and talks about Operation Northwoods

21 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Why did Trump "snuff" files when he was the first president in a position to release all files?

He was told he couldn't go there if he valued his political or literal life.  JFK was but the first example.  Biden knew this going in.  Just a wag.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Why did Trump "snuff" files when he was the first president in a position to release all files?

I do not have surveillance or subpoena powers, so I am guessing. 

1. Trump was blackmailed. 

2. Pompeo spooked him. 

3. Trump thought by holding the threat of disclosure over the heads of the CIA, he could get them to relent in their regime-change ops against him.  If he disclosed, then the threat was already over. 

4. Simple cowardice. He thought the blowback would be too much. 

But really, I don't know. In addition, Trump only illegally implemented a delay. 

Biden/Garland have done a permanent snuff job.  Totally untrustworthy and craven. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

2. Pompeo spooked him. 

3. Trump thought by holding the threat of disclosure over the heads of the CIA, he could get them to relent in their regime-change ops against him.  If he disclosed, then the threat was already over. 

But really, I don't know. In addition, Trump only illegally implemented a delay. 

Biden/Garland have done a permanent snuff job.  Totally untrustworthy and craven. 

I think there's a simpler explanation: FBI and CIA officials convinced Trump that releasing the remainder of the records would harm national security. Being new to government and having no background in national security, Trump was persuaded by their arguments and decided to err on the side of caution (or what he wrongly perceived as caution).

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

2. Pompeo spooked him. 

Do you argue that Trump didn't scan through the files before deciding they shouldn't be released? And if he did, why hasn't he at least expounded on the contents in general — laying the blame at the feet of the "deep state"?  Why would he forego that opportunity?

3 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Do you argue that Trump didn't scan through the files before deciding they shouldn't be released? And if he did, why hasn't he at least expounded on the contents in general — laying the blame at the feet of the "deep state"?  Why would he forego that opportunity?

I am not privy to Trump's reading habits, if he had any. 

Did Biden even know what he was doing a snuff job on? 

11 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

I think there's a simpler explanation: FBI and CIA officials convinced Trump that releasing the remainder of the records would harm national security. Being new to government and having no background in national security, Trump was persuaded by their arguments and decided to err on the side of caution (or what he wrongly perceived as caution).

Well, that is covered in my answer "Pompeo spooked him," which is a clever double entendre, btw.  

Of course, there could be elements from all four of my possible explanations. 

41 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, that is covered in my answer "Pompeo spooked him," which is a clever double entendre, btw.  

Of course, there could be elements from all four of my possible explanations. 

So, Trump can be spooked, but Biden can't?  Is that how this works?

10 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

So, Trump can be spooked, but Biden can't?  Is that how this works?

Why this obsession with Trump? 

Biden/Garland just did a snuff job on the JF Records. That is indisputable. 

Ask Larry Schnapf for details. You should be wailing about Biden/Garland. 

I have only guesses why either Trump or Biden catered to the intel state. 

The record is Trump is not a Deep Stater, and Biden was and is a professional lifelong swamp-intel creature. So that is suggestive. Trump had to be bullied, but Biden was always on board with intel-state instructions. 

So one can make guesses, but I only have guesses. 

You guesses are as good as mine. 

Look,  its pretty clear they waited until the last day to gave Trump the "blood on your hands speech".  You will cause the death of this many agents and endanger this many more though exposing operations.

Trump has put out a cover story for this: he told Napolitano that once he saw the documents he could not let them go because they would prove what Carlson said, CIA complicity.  True? Maybe, maybe not.

But what then happened--or Trump allowed it to happen--was a complete rape of the JFK Act.

There were two major surgeries done.

First, the Gannon Memo now said that the president did not have to write an explanation for each document withheld. Even though that is what the law dictated;  so this was a clear breakage of the letter of the law.

Secondly, they now brought in NARA as being something of an arbiter and functionary for the JFK Act, which is an alteration of the law, which said no such thing. Only the president could have that function.

Trump used these two pretexts to dodge the 2017 time limit--and to keep on dodging it all the way through.

Biden adapted this two pronged adulteration.  And it looks like he will not let up until the end of his term.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Look,  its pretty clear they waited until the last day to gave Trump the "blood on your hands speech".  You will cause the death of this many agents and endanger this many more though exposing operations.

Trump has put out a cover story for this: he told Napolitano that once he saw the documents he could not let them go because they would prove what Carlson said, CIA complicity.  True? Maybe, maybe not.

But what then happened--or Trump allowed it to happen--was a complete rape of the JFK Act.

There were two major surgeries done.

First, the Gannon Memo now said that the president did not have to write an explanation for each document withheld. Even though that is what the law dictated;  so this was a clear breakage of the letter of the law.

Secondly, they now brought in NARA as being something of an arbiter and functionary for the JFK Act, which is an alteration of the law, which said no such thing. Only the president could have that function.

Trump used these two pretexts to dodge the 2017 time limit--and to keep on dodging it all the way through.

Biden adapted this two pronged adulteration.  And it looks like he will not let up until the end of his term.

Jim,

You're a walking encyclopedia about the JFK assassination.

I have two questions for you, Larry Schnapf, and the forum.

1)  Do you believe that Tucker Carlson has a "Deep State" source about the JFKA, as he claimed in his recent famous monologue about JFK's assassination and the records?

2)  If so, any thoughts about what Trump and Biden are terrified of divulging about JFK's assassination?

Thanks William.  But I just have good people writing for me.

1.  I really go not know, but I would think he does.  That is a pretty big BS story to make up.  And just the Johannides stuff is likely to be pretty incriminating.  Recall what William Kent said when he had too much to drink at Thanksgiving:  "Oswald was a useful idiot."  And he worked under Johannides at JM Wave.

2. I think they are just intimidated.  No one wants to go to war with the CIA.  I mean look what happened to Frank Church and Otis Pike. 

BTW, the CIA lawyer on the Pike Committee literally said the agency would destroy Pike for what he did.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Here is a good explanation of just how pernicious the Curtis Gannon DOJ memo was to the JFK Act.

It really was a killer.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/jfk-assassination-records-the-picture-is-getting-clearer

BTW, this is why Lemon got fired I think.  This is genuinely nuts.  The GOP has gone off the rails. African Americans in the south had almost no rights after the Civil War. 

Which is why Ken Burns in his series,  did not want to deal with Reconstruction and let Shelby Foote promote the Lost Cause version of the CIvil War.  If the Civil War had decided it then why did we need the CiviL RIghts movement?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/04/19/cnns_don_lemon_vs_vivek_ramaswamy_youre_doing_a_disservice_by_refusing_to_recognize_the_fact_that_black_americans_have_equality_under_the_law.html

BTW, RFK Jr. may have a better shot than thought.

The Donks cancelled primary debates, likely due to Biden's inability to appear coherent consistently. And they are posing Biden for another four years? Can that hold? What if Biden declines further? 

True, party-affiliated mainstream media will carry Biden and dismiss RFK Jr. , and we now know that the state plays a role in social-media platform algorithms. They can suffocate pro-RFK Jr. threads. Nothing will go viral. 

Still, evidently Twitter is uncontrolled, and voters are really worn out with Biden and Trump. 

I would say this one is wide open.