The Education Forum

RFK Jr discusses his candidacy, and talks about Operation Northwoods

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it has, but to me it's more RFK Jr framing it as being part of the chronology of events that led to JFK's death, which he does at the end of the piece. And I guarantee you there are plenty of 20-somethings who have never heard the quote, and who have never considered it in the light that RFK Jr straightforwardly puts it in above.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

1 hour ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Yes, it has, but to me it's more RFK Jr framing it as being part of the chronology of events that led to JFK's death, which he does at the end of the piece. And I guarantee you there are plenty of 20-somethings who have never heard the quote, and who have never considered it in the light that RFK Jr straightforwardly puts it in above.

Its a very valid post, thank you for sharing.

2 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Ditto. 

And remember, many younger people are reading Insider or Daily Beast or Rolling Stone, all of which have become compromised in recent years. Let alone the WaPo or NYT. Or CNN, MSNBC et al. 

If the EF-JFKA echoes some truth...great. 

I am very impressed that last week RFK Jr. spoke at Hillsdale College, a private conservative Christian college, and praised the college for its defense of freedom during COVID-19.

This tells me two things: RFK Jr. is not a rigid idealogue, and he is not a rabid partisan. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

I am very impressed that last week RFK Jr. spoke at Hillsdale College, a private conservative Christian college, and praised the college for its defense of freedom during COVID-19.

This tells me two things: RFK Jr. is not a rigid idealogue, and he is not a rabid partisan. 

He isn’t a rabid partisan at all. You have two things:

1) What he actually says and writes.

2) How the media distorts his views and mischaracterises what he stands for.

Something to consider; most of the people who opted out of the C19 vaccines were not anti-vaccine, they were mostly vaccinated people. They were just against that particular experimental treatment, which really doesn’t deserve to be called one.
RFK Jr was pro-choice, anti-mandate. 

He has covered the ‘autism’ argument at great length. Some people do not agree with him, but, the jury is out because the government will not release the data. 

If anybody really wants to know what he is about, read Children’s Health Defense. I would consider what the world is like if you don’t have people like him trying to keep big business in check. 

PS thanks for sharing the speech. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

He isn’t a rabid partisan at all. You have two things:

1) What he actually says and writes.

2) How the media distorts his views and mischaracterises what he stands for.

Something to consider; most of the people who opted out of the C19 vaccines were not anti-vaccine, they were mostly vaccinated people. They were just against that particular experimental treatment, which really doesn’t deserve to be called one.
RFK Jr was pro-choice, anti-mandate. 

He has covered the ‘autism’ argument at great length. Some people do not agree with him, but, the jury is out because the government will not release the data. 

If anybody really wants to know what he is about, read Children’s Health Defense. I would consider what the world is like if you don’t have people like him trying to keep big business in check. 

PS thanks for sharing the speech. 

Well, I'm still leery about some of statements regarding vaccination in general, but I definitely don't consider him to be a "quack" or a "kook" as most news outlets would have us believe. 

I believe he needs to squarely address his previous comments about vaccination, or else the news media is going to keep hanging them around his neck and using them to smear him. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Well, I'm still leery about some of statements regarding vaccination in general, but I definitely don't consider him to be a "quack" or a "kook" as most news outlets would have us believe. 

I believe he needs to squarely address his previous comments about vaccination, or else the news media is going to keep hanging them around his neck and using them to smear him. 

You’re missing the big picture IMO. Unless he says all vaccines are 100% safe, he’ll be condemned. He either tow the line or gets condemned. 

If you haven’t done any reading from varied sources on “the trusted media alliance”, you should. From a guy who works in PR, its a very neat setup. 

That’s without him being his father’s son, or his uncles nephew. The ruling class / corporatocracy doesn’t want idealists in the White House. They want ‘yes men’ who want to increase their net worth. 

RFK Jr. may have flaws, like any other human, especially one that is put under a microscope in the spotlight. 

But what are the options?

Biden/Garland have done a snuff job of the JFK Records Act. How can anyone vote for people like that? 

If Trump wins the 'Phant nomination...he is a very difficult character to like, even if some of his policies were correct. He is a divisive figure and seems to revel in divisiveness. 

As of now...RFK Jr. may be he best option. 

As I pointed out in the other RFKjr thread - being an outsider is an advantage.

Especially when a significant number, if not a majority, of voters are fed up with the government provided by the two party system.  

Experience is no longer an advantage.

26 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Matt - thanks for sharing the smear campaign. In your mind, if the press quotes Bannon or Stone talking about RFK jr that’s newsworthy, whereas RFK jr talking about his life, beliefs, organization is not? First - would you vote for him under any circumstance? Second, most Democratic progressives who can make their way through the smear campaign would nevertheless find it extremely troubling and distasteful if RFK Jr, was courting the MAGA leaders, or considering running as Trump’s VP - a perfect example of msm coverage designed to hurt RFK jr among Democrats btw. My close friend, whose pov is similar to yours, asked me “would you distance yourself from him if he didn’t publicly denounce Bannon and Stone”? My answer is this - if he was interested in running with Trump, or having their support in his Democratic primary run the answer is yes. But RFK Jr would have no chance in the Democratic primaries if he was in cahoots with those people. So there is zero chance that he will declare his appreciation for MAGA leaders. But neither will he choose to alienate their voters. So ask yourself - why is Bannon etc doing this? My friend said - ‘to hurt the Democrats’. How does that work? You mean, Bannon wants RFK jr to get the nomination so he can lose in the general election? No? What then? 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Matt - thanks for sharing the smear campaign.

The truth isn't a "smear campaign".

Donald Trump, or Ron DeSantis, or any of the other right-wing candidates running for President do not have a mathematical map to victory in a race against Joe Biden.

They can't win.

So some sort of spoiler candidacy must be supported by the MAGA/Kremlin fascists in the hope that it will siphon votes from Biden.

While I'm certainly never going to vote for someone based on their last name, they're hoping others will.

This isn't particularly difficult to understand, IMO