The Education Forum

Greg Parker sums up the Warren Commission's case perfectly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It strikes me as a slightly odd way to sum up the WC's case by accusing the police of having made a wrongful arrest. Does Parker really believe that there were more immediately obvious suspects than Oswald, or that they eventually should have realized that Oswald wasn't the right guy and released him? Perhaps with a nice apology?

9 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

It strikes me as a slightly odd way to sum up the WC's case by accusing the police of having made a wrongful arrest. Does Parker really believe that there were more immediately obvious suspects than Oswald, or that they eventually should have realized that Oswald wasn't the right guy and released him? Perhaps with a nice apology?

Come to think of it....

Hey, what was it that made the police think Oswald was the killer?

Oswald was arrested at the Texas Theater on suspicion he did not pay for a ticket.

Things escalated from there.

But it appears someone dropped his wallet at 10th and Patton.  One of approximately four wallets that Oswald had.

42 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oswald was arrested at the Texas Theater on suspicion he did not pay for a ticket.

LOL, very funny.

But it appears someone dropped his wallet at 10th and Patton. 

Is that the official story as to why Oswald was suspected of killing Tippit?

One of approximately four wallets that Oswald had.

Yeah, I know that Oswald supposedly had four wallets. One magically appeared at the Tippit scene. One was on Oswald's body at the theater. I don't know where the other two were found.

Ruth Paine, on 11/26, handed over one brown wallet and one red billfold.  

Marina handed over a black wallet the next day, 11/27.

Johnny Brewer's story is that somehow he thought that whoever he saw outside Hardy's Shoe Store was acting suspiciously.

He walked down to the theater and asked Julia Postal if she had sold him a ticket.  Postal replied with something like "Who?"   And added she did not think so.  Brewer then walked inside and asked Butch Burroughs if he saw a guy enter and he said no. Brewer then went back outside and told Postal. Postal told him to ask Butch if the guy might have exited.

Postal called the police about a guy she never saw.  But she did add to the dispatcher that he did not buy a ticket.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

But it appears someone dropped his wallet at 10th and Patton.  One of approximately four wallets that Oswald had.

"Oswald was arrested at the Texas Theater on suspicion he did not pay for a ticket."

Only a person completely unfamiliar with the events surrounding Tippit's death and the Dallas Police Department's frantic search for the killer would make a comment like this one above.

2 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

"Oswald was arrested at the Texas Theater on suspicion he did not pay for a ticket."

Only a person completely unfamiliar with the events surrounding Tippit's death and the Dallas Police Department's frantic search for the killer would make a comment like this one above.

You're ohhhhhhh so right here, Bill.

I get so tired of hearing CTers confront me with that tired old canard/myth/red herring, in which the CTer is trying to tell me that the ONLY reason the police went to the Texas Theater on November 22nd was because somebody didn't pay for a theater ticket. I just want to strangle the person who has the gall to say that to me (such as the CTer I was talking to in 2016 at the link below):

DVP's JFK Archives / The Real Reason The Cops Swarmed The Texas Theater On 11-22-63

Edited by David Von Pein

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Ruth Paine, on 11/26, handed over one brown wallet and one red billfold.  

Marina handed over a black wallet the next day, 11/27.

Thanks Jim.

So that makes five wallets/billfolds:

1. The wallet that magically appeared at the Tippit scene.
  2. The wallet taken off Oswald when he was apprehended at the theater.
  3. The brown wallet Ruth Paine handed over on 11/26.
  4. The red billfold Ruth Paine handed over on 11/26.
  5. The black wallet Marina handed over on 11/27.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Johnny Brewer's story is that somehow he thought that whoever he saw outside Hardy's Shoe Store was acting suspiciously.

He walked down to the theater and asked Julia Postal if she had sold him a ticket.  Postal replied with something like "Who?"   And added she did not think so.  Brewer then walked inside and asked Butch Burroughs if he saw a guy enter and he said no. Brewer then went back outside and told Postal. Postal told him to ask Butch if the guy might have exited.

Postal called the police about a guy she never saw.  But she did add to the dispatcher that he did not buy a ticket. 

It's odd that she would call the police given what little she was told.