The Education Forum

Jim D is now promoting EMERALD ROBINSON

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Leslie, I think the case of which you speak was The U S VS John Eli Stone, his brother James Woodrow Stone and Isadore Miller for facilitating betting on sporting events.  The grand jury indictments and further proceeding were conducted in Wichita Falls Texas.  Mainly through the IRS at the behest of RFK's Justice Departments Organized Crime Task Force.

@Ron Bulman Thanks!   I was writing from memory.  Wichita Falls, not Tulsa.  (Tulsa was another hot case JFK had instigated - as I recall.)  Do we mention Albert Meadows in the WF case?

The cobbler has no shoes. I've dispensed all of my hardcopies of Coup and am waiting on a shipment; and my Word app crashed the other day and I lost the M/s we submitted to the publishers.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Meadows is mentioned.  In a copy of a letter on US DOJ letterhead, pg. 192 Betrayal in Dallas, Mark North (mentioned in Coup).

The letter is from US Attorney, Northeastern District of Texas, Dallas, Tx. Barefoot Sanders to Herbert J. Miller, Asst. AG, Criminal Division, DOJ, Washington.

Sanders was upset when he went out of town for a week and they proceeded without him or a brief of the merits he was told they would send. Sanders was appointed by JFK, recommended by LBJ.  He had already tried to stymie the proceedings once.  He too said now organized crime in Dallas.

The letter reads:

RE: John Eli Stone, p-1449-63

Albert Meadows, p-1595-63

More tomorrow maybe, the book has no name index!!!

Here's a little more, pg. 63.  That same day (?) Albert Meadows was arrested for "violation of federal gambling laws" 12   . . . had been a close associate of Civello for years.  October 12 grand jury reconvened, 16 count indictment on the Stone brothers and Miller, they also indicted Meadows." 13  

Edited by Ron Bulman