The Education Forum

2023 documents release June E - 1,103 documents

According to Paul Bleau there is also interesting stuff in there about Oswald in Russia, and according to Bart Kamp about Gibson of the FPCC. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Clue me in. What is SOG/ Were they self-directed, or more of an arm of intel agencies? 

I don't know quite honestly.

I happen to stumble upon them talking about DEVGRU Operators.

They are the highest & most secretive intelligence group from what I have been reading.

Is SOG used by the military?

Activated in January of 1964, SOG was a joint services unit composed of members from all four branches of the armed forces, including Navy SEALs, Marine Recons, Air Force Special Operations pilots of the 90th Special Operations Wing, but predominantly Army Special Forces.

The Studies and Observations Group

Foundation. The Studies and Observations Group (also known as SOG, MACSOG, and MACV-SOG) was a top secret, joint unconventional warfare task force created on 24 January 1964 by the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a subsidiary command of the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV).

Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and ...

Edited by Michael Crane

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

I don't know quite honestly.

I happen to stumble upon them talking about DEVGRU Operators.

The are the highest & most secretive intelligence group from what I have been reading.

Is SOG used by the military?

Activated in January of 1964, SOG was a joint services unit composed of members from all four branches of the armed forces, including Navy SEALs, Marine Recons, Air Force Special Operations pilots of the 90th Special Operations Wing, but predominantly Army Special Forces.

The Studies and Observations Group

Foundation. The Studies and Observations Group (also known as SOG, MACSOG, and MACV-SOG) was a top secret, joint unconventional warfare task force created on 24 January 1964 by the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a subsidiary command of the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV).

Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and ...

MC--Thanks.

Learn something everyday. 

There seems an endless plethora of intel agencies, sub-agencies, inter-agency groups, units, black ops, black budgets, etc etc etc. 

Then, you have private-sector cut-outs and mercs. 

Since 9/11, on steroids, all of it. 

New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.  (Jan. 2017) 

RFK Jr. next? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Don't know if this is new, but on page 94 of CIA officer Sturbitts interview he says it was twice determined via internal CIA review that Howard Hunt took a sick day on 11.22.63

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2023/178-10002-10091.pdf

Check the previous release of Sturbitts’ testimony. I know there was one in Dec. 2022 but I’m not sure if there have been any additional redactions removed since then. 

Sturbitts’ comments about Bill Kent and anti-Castro funding channels through New Orleans are worth mentioning, since there is no evidence, at least that I’ve seen, that ROCKCOM ever interviewed Kent, which is ridiculous. Sturbitts referred the Committee to Kent and even said that Kent was in the building at the time of his testimony. Anyone digging through the releases should keep an eye out for any references to Kent or an “anonymous former JMWAVE officer”, etc. in ROCKCOM files. Kent was definitely interviewed, so those documents either got deep-sixed or they are buried in the ARC somewhere. Either that or the interview was informal and never put on paper…

Robert Reynolds has the probably the best site on the internet for info on the JFK Collection. He’s got some fascinating articles and he keeps track of all the remaining redactions in each release: 

http://jfkarc.info

In a section discussing ZRRifle, there appears a section called staffers___selection, which includes these entries.

😎 Former resistance personnel a possibility.

11)  Silverthorne

The pilot who allegedly flew the assassin(s) out of Dallas that weekend.

There are also a bunch of Presidential Daily Intelligence briefs from the week after the assassination; at least some of these have been released before, I assume with some redactions.

The thing that stands out to me with these has always been that Vietnam was THE #1 issue, every single day, and Cuba is usually not even mentioned. At all. The distinct impression given is that Cuba had indeed been relegated to an afterthought after the missile crisis, and the focus from the intelligence/military community was 100% on Vietnam. 

6 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

There are some good history resources on SOG - I would recommend Black Ops Vietnam; The Operational History of MACVSOG.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Ops-Vietnam-Operational-History/dp/1591143217

Thanks Larry,

My nosey/interested self enjoys secret stuff.

Edited by Michael Crane

On 6/29/2023 at 12:45 AM, Matt Allison said:

There are also a bunch of Presidential Daily Intelligence briefs from the week after the assassination; at least some of these have been released before, I assume with some redactions.

The thing that stands out to me with these has always been that Vietnam was THE #1 issue, every single day, and Cuba is usually not even mentioned. At all. The distinct impression given is that Cuba had indeed been relegated to an afterthought after the missile crisis, and the focus from the intelligence/military community was 100% on Vietnam. 

The above interview with Sen Richard Russell. c 1964 is amazing.

Russell was known as a national authority on US security, having seriously serviced as chr. of Senate Armed Services Committee for 18 years. 

Even he was out of the loop on Vietnam (!), as you can see in this interview. He expressed the same surprise...it was Cuba, Cuba, Cuba and then overnight Vietnam. 

This says to me there was a small group inside the executive branch or intel state, that instigated US participation in Vietnam. 

Why LBJ went along with such a losing proposition continues to puzzle...and soon LBJ rued the day he did so. 

One perspective is when the intel state gets fresh meat in the White House they immediately pounce with scare stories. Ponder Obama's surge into Afghanistan. Who on earth would believe that was necessary for US national security? But Obama was cowed. 

The nice thing about RFK Jr. is that he can withstand the sort of pressure most Presidents cannot.