The Education Forum

A political murder

Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more. Had you rather Caesar were living and die all slaves, than that Caesar were dead, to live all free men ? 
( Marcus Junius Brutus, from the play, Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene II )

Let's substitute some words:

Not that I loved Kennedy less, but that I loved America more. Had you rather Kennedy were living and die all slaves, than that Kennedy were dead, to live all free men ? 

right-wing.jpg

And there's your motive.

This was a political murder planned and executed by extremist forces inside the United States that opposed JFK and his policies. The foreign press got it right. The American people were lied to.

In his closing remarks on the Huntley/Brinkley Report on NBC, co-anchor Chet Huntley chastised his fellow countrymen, blaming "hatred" for the killing of JFK.

A hatred for which there is no evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald possessed.

Please view the Chet Huntley video above.

His commentary ( brief as it was ) is one of the most profoundly insightful ones I've ever heard regards the state of our society in 1963 and how the killing of JFK was a product of this climate of hate that was so starkly pervasive throughout our society at that time.

I disagree with one point in his summation.

The national hate he described was not equally shared by the political ideology "left" as it was the right in those days.

And ominously, his "hate" warning commentary sounds exactly like the political state of our society today!

And again, it is not the "left" that is guilty of the most aggressive hate rhetoric versus the right.

"Hang Mike Pence!" " Kill Nancy Pelosi!"

"Violently attack the Capital Building while our entire Congress is inside!"

"If you don't fight like hell you won't have a country anymore!"

Elected officials warning of retribution ( even violence ) if their guy is prosecuted?

Death threats against Democrats and anyone criticizing Trump.

Death threats against witnesses testifying against Trump. Even if they are Republicans.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I think Gil is right. The people that killed JFK likely felt it was their patriotic duty.

8 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

A hatred for which there is no evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald possessed.

This is an important point.

Today's right constantly calls those who criticize them and their leader "
traitors, thugs, commies, whackos, unpatriotic police and military haters, criminals..."

Demonizing them to their followers to the same point JFK haters felt.

So if they die ( like JFK ) they may even celebrate.

Hang Mike Pence. Kill Nancy Pelosi. Lock em up.

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Today's right constantly calls those who criticize them and their leader "
traitors, thugs, commies, whackos, unpatriotic police and military haters, criminals..."

Demonizing them to their followers to the same point JFK haters felt.

So if they die ( like JFK ) they may even celebrate.

Hang Mike Pence. Kill Nancy Pelosi. Lock em up.

JB-

"Today's right constantly calls those who criticize them and their leader traitors, thugs, commies, whackos, unpatriotic police and military haters, criminals..."

You don't think that sort of polarization and character assassination cuts both ways? The red-blue kool-aid pissing wars are mirror images of each other, no? 

Have you seen what the Donk and "liberal" media is doing to RFK Jr.? 

(Actually, I do not believe there is a "liberal" media anymore. Some sort of state-fascists have coopted what used to be liberal media---see Rolling Stone, Daily Beast, WaPo, NYT  et al). 

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JB-

"Today's right constantly calls those who criticize them and their leader traitors, thugs, commies, whackos, unpatriotic police and military haters, criminals..."

You don't think that sort of polarization and character assassination cuts both ways? The red-blue kool-aid pissing wars are mirror images of each other, no? 

Have you seen what the Donk and "liberal" media is doing to RFK Jr.? 

(Actually, I do not believe there is a "liberal" media anymore. Some sort of state-fascists have coopted what used to be liberal media---see Rolling Stone, Daily Beast, WaPo, NYT  et al). 

Today's Democrat Party is certainly not the party my parents belonged to all their lives.

35 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Today's Democrat Party is certainly not the party my parents belonged to all their lives.

In an old expression, the D Party "has lost its marbles." 

I can't quite pull the lever for the 'Phants either. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

In an old expression, the D Party "has lost its marbles." 

I can't quite pull the lever for the 'Phants either. 

I agree. The whole political system is corrupt. Congressmen and Senators becoming multi-millionaires while in office ?

Waste of taxpayer money on investigation after investigation as one party goes after the other and then the other goes after the one. Who goes to jail ? Nobody.

It's all a game, "honor amongst thieves".

A lot of huffing and puffing and that's it.

Our representatives have become our rulers and we've allowed it to happen. 

The only way it can be stopped is to vote them out.

Edited by Gil Jesus

3 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

It's not "Democrat Party" it's "Democratic Party." It's difficult to believe that your parents belonged to the party, yet never bothered to teach you the actual name of it.

I've found that it's a useful rule of thumb that one can safely dismiss the political opinions of anyone who calls it "Democrat Party" because if they are so ignorant that they don't even know the actual name of the party they're discussing, they certainly don't know the issues.

And if they try the ol' "I call it Democrat party instead of Democratic party because they're not Democratic, hur hur hur..." they're proving that they're just as biased and slanted as anyone else so they have absolutely no right to call anybody else politically biased.

10 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

It's not "Democrat Party" it's "Democratic Party." It's difficult to believe that your parents belonged to the party, yet never bothered to teach you the actual name of it.

I've found that it's a useful rule of thumb that one can safely dismiss the political opinions of anyone who calls it "Democrat Party" because if they are so ignorant that they don't even know the actual name of the party they're discussing, they certainly don't know the issues.

And if they try the ol' "I call it Democrat party instead of Democratic party because they're not Democratic, hur hur hur..." they're proving that they're just as biased and slanted as anyone else so they have absolutely no right to call anybody else politically biased.

How about the "Donks and the 'Phants"? 

There is a forgotten econ-poli-sci guy, named Mancur Olson, who outlined how as institutions age, institutionalized and legal corruption becomes the norm. 

Ponder how the Donks have or will rig three nominations in a row---two against Bernie Sanders, and the pending one against RFK Jr. 

You call that "Democratic"? As in super-delegates? 

Another forgotten poli-sci guy named Robert Michels, said something like this:

"The 'iron law of oligarchy' states that all forms of organization, regardless of how democratic they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop oligarchic tendencies, thus making true democracy practically and theoretically impossible, especially in large groups and complex organizations."

The two major parties have ossified into institutional and elite corruption, in alliance with media and the globalist commercial and security state. 

That is what makes outsiders such as Trump, or RFK Jr., so vital and interesting. 

Trump has some good policies, unfortunately he has more character flaws than any other dozen men put together. 

Likely, RFK Jr. is not perfect either.  Just way better than the coprolite-corruption of the Donks. 

You see the same Operation Mockingbird op going on against RFK Jr. as was against Trump. 

Interesting. 

20 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Oh, so I'm ignorant now ? 

LOL.

You'd do yourself much better staying away from insulting other members.

< another one on ignore >

Edited by Gil Jesus

Gee whiz. The political party founded by the slave-holding Jefferson does call itself the "Democratic Party." I think it's polite to notice someone's name and use it properly. It can be a hot-button issue for the person whose affiliation is misrepresented.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Democratic-Party

As someone partnered with a linguist, when I encounter linguistic drift, I try not to get bent out of shape about it. "Liberal" went down the tubes decades ago. "Progressive" has been on a respirator since birth. You can call my coalition the "Democrat" party, Gil, just don't call it late for supper.

Edited by George Govus
can be

1 hour ago, George Govus said:

Gee whiz. The political party founded by the slave-holding Jefferson does call itself the "Democratic Party." I think it's polite to notice someone's name and use it properly. It can be a hot-button issue for the person whose affiliation is misrepresented.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Democratic-Party

As someone partnered with a linguist, when I encounter linguistic drift, I try not to get bent out of shape about it. "Liberal" went down the tubes decades ago. "Progressive" has been on a respirator since birth. You can call my coalition the "Democrat" party, Gil, just don't call it late for supper.

I find it amusing when people get all bent out of shape over a spelling error or an error in punctuation or misuse of the words "they're, their or there".

My God, are we that angry and intolerent that we have to nit pick stupid crap like this ?

I see it every day. I never comment on it because I know what the poster is talking about.

But to call someone ignorant, for any reason, not only crosses the line IMO, it's a violation of the forum rules.

I wouldn't do it to anyone else and I don't expect anyone to do it to me.

Edited by Gil Jesus

5 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

But to call someone ignorant, for any reason, not only crosses the line IMO, it's a violation of the forum rules.

I wouldn't do it to anyone else and I don't expect anyone to do it to me.

Except that you have done it before, when you claimed that "only God" can decide what gender a person is.