The Education Forum

Sylvia Meagher's "Accessories After the Fact"--From 1967 to Today

If you have never read Sylvia's Meagher's 1967 book, "Accessories After the Fact," you will be amazed. 

"A deep study of the Warren Commission Report convinced her (Meagher)that the its detailed evidence contradicted its general conclusions. Meagher therefore published Accessories After the Fact: The Warren Commission, the Authorities, and the Report (1967). Meagher was unconvinced that Lee Harvey Oswald had been a lone gunman and concluded that the Warren Commission had attempted to cover-up details of the real people behind the assassination. Meagher believed that John F. Kennedy had been killed by a group Anti-Castro exiles."

---30---

The damning title of Meagher's book says it all---there was the JFKA, and then those who suppressed the truth, and helped the perps escape justice. They were the "accessories after the fact" to a brutal homicide.

Today we have the latest accessories after the fact, those who are suppressing the remaining JFK Records and other documents. 

There is no statute of limitations on murder.  I still want to see the JFK Records. 

Good book. I wonder what the legal definition of "Accessories after the fact" would be however. I guess if you attempt to cover up the facts surrounding a murder, then you make yourself a party to that murder, punishable in a court of law, and perhaps would be classified as an accessory after the fact to the murder. 

7 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Good book. I wonder what the legal definition of "Accessories after the fact" would be however. I guess if you attempt to cover up the facts surrounding a murder, then you make yourself a party to that murder, punishable in a court of law, and perhaps would be classified as an accessory after the fact to the murder. 

Which would, obviously, implicate Ben Cole's beloved Orange POTUS... 🤥

As for Meagher, she had a truly encyclopedic knowledge of the WCR-- debunking Allen Dulles' conviction that no one would ever read all of those tomes.

Gerry Down--Thanks for your comment. You raised an interesting question, with a depressing answer. 

Well, perhaps Larry Schnapf will elaborate, but evidently, under the law, the people who are helping the true JFKA perps escape justice cannot themselves be charged with murder. Only obstruction of justice. 

accessory after the fact--Cornell University

An accessory-after-the-fact is someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, obstruction of justice.

Title 18 of the U.S. Code deals with crimes and criminal procedure. Accessory-after-the-fact has been codified in 18 U.S. Code § 3

In Bollenbach v. United States, 326 U.S. 607 (1946), the Supreme Court refused to apply principal liability (either as a principal in the first degree or as a principal in the second degree) to an accessory-after-the-fact. This contrasts with the ability of an accessory before the fact to have principal liability. 

---30---

So, not that anyone will ever be charged as an accessory after the fact in the JFKA---the prosecutorial state will never truly investigate and prosecute party-establishment figures---even if, say, President Biden was charged, it would just be with an "obstruction of justice" accusation. 

As of now, it looks like not only did the perps get away with the JFKA, but the people covering for the perps did and will too. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

The Specter revelation in Epstein's new book would have sealed the deal on this.

In my opinion the great thing about the book is how well it's organized. I always find it easy to find the information I'm looking for whenever I consult it. Meagher deserves a lot of credit for being so thorough.

I said this elsewhere.

And it was in my review of Assume Nothing.

Specter said that once he examined the Z film and got the FBI results on the firing tests back, he told the Commission  that we either go with the magic bullet or we start looking for a second assassin

Obviously this did the trick, for as Redlich said, denying the magic bullet is the equivalent of admitting a conspiracy. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I said this elsewhere.

ANd it was in my review of Assume Nothing.

Specter said that once he examined the Z film and got the FBI results on the firing tests back, he told the COmmission  that we either go with the magic bullet or we start looking for a second assassin

Obviously this did the trick as Redlich said, denying the magic bullet is the equivalent of admitting a conspriacy. 

Thanks. 

Right. The WC was not an investigation, it was government prosecution of a lone nut, sans defense counsel. A kangaroo court. 

Beware of government "investigations." 

11 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If you have never read Sylvia's Meagher's 1967 book, "Accessories After the Fact," you will be amazed. 

"A deep study of the Warren Commission Report convinced her (Meagher)that the its detailed evidence contradicted its general conclusions. Meagher therefore published Accessories After the Fact: The Warren Commission, the Authorities, and the Report (1967). Meagher was unconvinced that Lee Harvey Oswald had been a lone gunman and concluded that the Warren Commission had attempted to cover-up details of the real people behind the assassination. Meagher believed that John F. Kennedy had been killed by a group Anti-Castro exiles."

---30---

The damning title of Meagher's book says it all---there was the JFKA, and then those who suppressed the truth, and helped the perps escape justice. They were the "accessories after the fact" to a brutal homicide.

Today we have the latest accessories after the fact, those who are suppressing the remaining JFK Records and other documents. 

There is no statute of limitations on murder.  I still want to see the JFK Records. 

Meagher's book was one of the first books I read after my interest in the JFK case was sparked by watching Oliver Stone's movie JFK. Before I saw Stone's movie, I had zero interest in the assassination and held a negative view of JFK.

Off and on through these last 20 years of my interest in the JFKA and RFKA I have to stop and consider how much time and effort some people have invested in the entire case and story.

It's hard to imagine giving up that much of one's time in that effort.

And except for maybe some fairly small income from a book deal, how they did this without monetary compensation.

Now THAT's a sacrifice.  

Edited by Joe Bauer

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I said this elsewhere.

ANd it was in my review of Assume Nothing.

Specter said that once he examined the Z film and got the FBI results on the firing tests back, he told the COmmission  that we either go with the magic bullet or we start looking for a second assassin

Obviously this did the trick as Redlich said, denying the magic bullet is the equivalent of admitting a conspriacy. 

Connolly's dem damn bones just happened to get in the way of the "Magic Bullet" theory accepted by the Warren/Dulles Commission.

Broken rib bone, shattered wrist bone.

The collision of Specter's magic bullet with Connally's wrist bone was so violent, it changed the trajectory of it almost 90 degrees into his left thigh?

Upon seeing the Magic Bullet for the first time weeks after he operated on Connally, his treating surgeon Robert Shaw said he didn't believe Ce399 could have been the bullet that caused the bone damage he saw in Connolly and showing only a loss of 2.4 grams versus the fragment amount and weight they found in Connelly's body.

Connolly's other treating surgeon Charles Gregory also stated his belief that Ce399 was not the Connally wound missile.

He stated the entrance wound in Connally's left thigh was too small to have been made by the CE399 bullet.

image.png

Edited by Joe Bauer

20 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

In my opinion the great thing about the book is how well it's organized. I always find it easy to find the information I'm looking for whenever I consult it. Meagher deserves a lot of credit for being so thorough.

DZ-

Thanks for your comment. Meagher's book is top-shelf on the JFKA. 

Who would have thought her book would apply to government cover-ups 60 years after the JFKA?