The Education Forum

Ron Johnson Floats JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theory

William - very simply, you are confusing ordinary people, most of whom are very underprivileged and all too easy to manipulate, with corrupt political manipulators. But it is also necessary, when you do hold power, to talk to your enemies and try to see things through their eyes from their points of view. You must think I’m losing my mind, or stupid. You don’t, ever, have to cave on your principles. You do need, always, to be a decent human being. The political class is engaged in a struggle, and both are being manipulated by hidden hands. Nothing new in that, been going on for millennia. The whole point of Trump’s presidency was to divide and conquer. From that election forward it’s been Civil War. But not in families, not among friends, who can disagree and still find reasons to love and respect one another. This battle isn’t for the hearts and minds of the American people. That’s a myth, and the issues that seem to divide us were settled by the vast majority of folks on all sides long ago. The battle is for control of everyone, you and your Trumper cousins. We need to break this stranglehold in which both political parties participate. Anyone but Trump is not nearly good enough. The principles you espouse, which I believe in too, will never come to pass unless we see through the manipulators smokescreens. The question for you is how do Democrats convince the Trump voter to switch? By hating Trump? Doesn’t work my friend. It’s by presenting a real alternative, one that isn’t hypocritical and corrupt. Do you honestly think that the Democratic Party isn’t corrupt? How can they hope to change hearts and minds and bring  about a fairer, more just, more egalitarian, freer, society, the one they say they espouse? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

William - very simply, you are confusing ordinary people, most of whom are very underprivileged and all too easy to manipulate, with corrupt political manipulators. But it is also necessary, when you do hold power, to talk to your enemies and try to see things through their eyes from their points of view. You must think I’m losing my mind, or stupid. You don’t, ever, have to cave on your principles. You do need, always, to be a decent human being. The political class is engaged in a struggle, and both are being manipulated by hidden hands. Nothing new in that, been going on for millennia. The whole point of Trump’s presidency was to divide and conquer. From that election forward it’s been Civil War. But not in families, not among friends, who can disagree and still find reasons to love and respect one another. This battle isn’t for the hearts and minds of the American people. That’s a myth, and the issues that seem to divide us were settled by the vast majority of folks on all sides long ago. The battle is for control of everyone, you and your Trumper cousins. We need to break this stranglehold in which both political parties participate. Anyone but Trump is not nearly good enough. The principles you espouse, which I believe in too, will never come to pass unless we see through the manipulators smokescreens. The question for you is how do Democrats convince the Trump voter to switch? By hating Trump? Doesn’t work my friend. It’s by presenting a real alternative, one that isn’t hypocritical and corrupt. Do you honestly think that the Democratic Party isn’t corrupt? How can they hope to change hearts and minds and bring  about a fairer, more just, more egalitarian, freer, society, the one they say they espouse? 

Paul,

My point is that, in some instances, we need to speak the truth, even if some people are offended by it.

In my experience, the best approach to helping delusional people is to be scrupulously honest.

The case of Ron Johnson is a good example.

Should we, out of politeness, refrain from criticizing a man like Ron Johnson who actively participated in Trump's false Elector scam in 2020, and then refused to endorse Biden's election?

I'm reminded of the old quote, inaccurately attributed to Edmund Burke, that, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

19 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

My point is that, in some instances, we need to speak the truth, even if some people are offended by it.

In my experience, the best approach to helping delusional people is to be scrupulously honest.

Should we, out of politeness, refrain from criticizing a man like Ron Johnson who actively participated in Trump's false Elector scam in 2020, and then refused to endorse Biden's election?

I'm reminded of the old quote, inaccurately attributed to Edmund Burke, that, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I couldn’t possibly agree more. 

37 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

So I went and looked up what you are criticizing Ron Johnson for which is: https://news.yahoo.com/sen-ron-johnson-says-certainly-190251092.html

Sen. Ron Johnson says it's 'certainly possible' that the government was involved in JFK assassination

Lawrence Andrea and Bill Glauber, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson said it is "certainly possible" government agencies were involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy and called the death of the sex offender and financier Jeffrey Epstein "fishy" during a wide-ranging interview released Tuesday by a popular YouTuber.

“I think it’s certainly possible, yeah,” the Wisconsin Republican responded when asked by the YouTuber Tommy G if it was possible that U.S. agencies were involved in JFK's assassination. “The American public deserves the truth, and we haven’t gotten it.”

"There’s so many unanswered questions, so many witnesses that just died, so many leads that weren’t followed up on, so much evidence that obviously should have been collected that people have been prevented from collecting," Johnson said.

Johnson's comments on JFK's death were just one of several conspiracy theories the Oshkosh Republican entertained during the interview with Tommy G, a YouTuber who bills himself as making "the craziest documentaries" on the video streaming website. The pair also touched on the circumstances surrounding Epstein's death in a jail cell in 2019, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s presidential campaign and potential surveillance.

The nearly 20-minute video purported to be "Investigating Corruption in Washington DC" and featured only one lawmaker: Johnson. Wisconsin's senior senator, Tommy G said, was the only member of Congress who agreed to an interview.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said it is certainly possible" government agencies were involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said it is certainly possible" government agencies were involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.

Ron Johnson on Jeffrey Epstein death: 'Certainly it's fishy'

Among the other questions the YouTuber asked the senator: Do you believe there's anything fishy about the death of Jeffrey Epstein?

"Well, certainly it’s fishy," Johnson responded. "The coverup of the list of individuals that visited Epstein Island is pretty fishy," he added, before claiming that "it’s mainly people of the left that Jeffrey Epstein was courting and that took advantage of his island pleasures.”

"I think we should have a full investigation of Jeffrey Epstein and his activities," Johnson said.

Asked who he thinks is a "remarkable character" in the 2024 presidential election, Johnson pointed to Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s Democratic campaign for president, noting he shares "a lot of views" with Kennedy on the coronavirus pandemic. Both men have publicly sowed doubt in the efficacy the vaccine and pushed back on public health institutions for the response to the pandemic, largely citing mischaracterized or incomplete data.

The YouTube video features interviews with other D.C.-based organizations and addresses the issue of insider trading, in addition to a number of other topics. The interviews with Johnson — both in his office and outside the Capitol — appear to be edited for brevity in parts.

A spokeswoman for Johnson confirmed that Johnson's quotes in the video were accurate but condensed for time. She referred to a longer podcast interview from the YouTuber and also contended that Johnson's comments on JFK were not new.

During the interview, Johnson referenced the book "JFK and the Unspeakable" by James W. Douglass, which argues agencies were behind the assassination. Johnson has referenced the book on multiple occasions in recent months — Kennedy Jr. recommended it to him — though the book's argument has been a point of contention.

A review of the book by former Marquette University political science professor John McAdams described it as "utterly uncritical of any theory, any witness, and any factoid, as long as it implies conspiracy." McAdams said Douglass, the author, "fundamentally, doesn’t care about what really occurred."

Johnson in the video also claimed "divisiveness" was the biggest threat to America and lamented that there are people "that are just fomenting hate, that are exacerbating the divide rather than trying to heal this nation."

He reiterated his distrust of federal intelligence agencies during a time in which Republicans on Capitol Hill have accused agencies like the FBI of being "weaponized" against conservatives and indicated he believes his phones and computers have been tapped.

"I just kind of assume they are," he said.

Tommy Gerszewski, who is the YouTuber Tommy G, told the Journal Sentinel that he and his team of three went to Washington, D.C., to shoot the video in early June. He said they "spoke to ordinary people on the streets, political insiders, non-partisan left-leaning and also a right-leaning senator in Ron Johnson."

Gerszewski said he is a "political independent" and sought to get "all flavors of input" so that viewers could decide for themselves what they thought about the issues.

Johnson referenced the Douglass book?

Whew.  Is RFK Jr making progress?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Johnson referenced the Douglass book?

Whew.  Is RFK Jr making progress?

Maybe with republicans, but the democrats are crucifying him 

Re: RK taking the Republican bait to testify before the house. Of course the Democrats are crucifying him. Of course they're going to try to get him to respond to the stupid statement he made.

It was the Republicans invited  RK!  RK should have known, neither the Republicans or the Democrats want him to be their candidate in 2024. But the Republicans would love to have him defect and be Trump's running mate. What better chance could they have? They gotta do something! And he's a perfect crossover candidate!

So the Republicans, knowing full well the Democrats are going to crucify him. They're hoping to force him into the Republican Party!

I tend to think RK was just foolish to take the bait. What did he think was going to happen? Some will say maybe he's smart and now see's the VP as his only chance!

Of course his mentioning the possibility the vaccine was  engineered to spare the Chinese and Ashkenazi Jews was maybe the dumbest offhand statement by any candidate ever, except Trump, where nothing he says matters to his throng anyway!

As so often, I'm trying to figure what was the point of saying that publicly?  I could see him just being an insecure guy who wants to impress other's with his knowledge.

Which would be befitting of a Ivy League legacy admission person, who wants to impress others with his completely untrained yen for Biology.

Ok, only a guess, but what a mess!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 7/19/2023 at 6:57 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Yes William - where are those Democrats? And why aren’t they speaking up? Can we just look at that as some form of ignorance? I can’t. I think it’s par for the 60 years course. It’s the Democrats fault that we never got to the bottom of this. And we know the CIA targeted the left or liberal media for their infiltration a la whatever that operation was (is) called. I heard someone from Ukraine today on the radio expressing total consternation about how much in lockstep the US media was when discussing the neo Nazi element in the Ukraine military, unlike before the invasion.o And in lockstep against RFK Jr. CA even has a petition floating around to ban him from running as a Democrat in the Ca primaries. Imagine that? What has the Democratic Party become? Well, given your point, to some extent what they always were, referring to the holders of power within that establishment . Remember when the League of Women Voters ran Democratic election debates? Until the D party took it away? Remember the lock step around the Iraq war, Donahue being fired from his most popular tv talk show? This is no Democracy. 

Operation Mockingbird? I've never seen any information breaking down the media assets by left/right tendencies.  I'm certainly interested...

10 hours ago, William Paris said:

Operation Mockingbird? I've never seen any information breaking down the media assets by left/right tendencies.  I'm certainly interested...

Mockingbird - thanks. My understanding, though I don’t recall why I know this, is that CIA targeted the left and liberal media because the conservatives were already on their side. I wonder if anyone remembers the NYT mea culpa article from around 2004 listing all the things they got wrong in their coverage leading up to the 2003 Iraq invasion. I only saw it recently, as I tuned them out when they joined the propaganda push for War. WMD’s, aluminum tubes, uranium from Africa, all of it - they apologized. Well, too little too late.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Mockingbird - thanks. My understanding, though I don’t recall why I know this, is that CIA targeted the left and liberal media because the conservatives were already on their side. I wonder if anyone remembers the NYT mea culpa article from around 2004 listing all the things they got wrong in their coverage leading up to the 2003 Iraq invasion. I only saw it recently, as I tuned them out when they joined the propaganda push for War. WMD’s, aluminum tubes, uranium from Africa, all of it - they apologized. Well, too little too late.

Here's the 2004 NYT mea culpa, Paul.

FROM THE EDITORS; The Times and Iraq - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

But, as Glenn Greenwald and the Intercept pointed out 11 years later, the NYT continued to crank out military industrial propaganda about our Middle East war ops for years after the 2003 Iraq invasion.

The Spirit of Judy Miller Is Alive and Well at the NYT, and It Does Great Damage - The Intercept

William: I've probably listened to 15+ hours of RFK Jr podcasts.... Russel Bland, M Kelly, Rogan, many many others.   Then I see Trump or Biden... those two are mental midgets compared to RFKjr.  I think he understands that he's going to have to be controversial commenting about Dallas or Covid to get attention.  What are the elements of his politics that you find distasteful?

Let's consolidate threads.
That was directed to Doug, but I'll answer William.
Thanks for your correction on the lineage relationships. You know, so many Kennedys, and cousins 40 years apart. You do get credit for a post!

William:I've probably listened to 15+ hours of RFK Jr podcasts.... Russel Bland, M Kelly, Rogan, many many others. 

Wow, well you must be an RK expert!

Since you're probably the first RK supporter here who places any value on his positions on the issues...... 

William: Then I see Trump or Biden... those two are mental midgets compared to RFKjr.

Or maybe I've got that wrong. Is this  just about RK's superior IQ?

Well I think you've read what I think about RK trying to impress people with his IQ, and it's not flattering. I want the POTUS comfortable enough in his own skin, that he doesn't particularly have to compensate for anything. And  since you've already read what I said, Nor do I want a candidate who naively walks into a Republican ambush or any ambush!

William: I think he understands that he's going to have to be controversial commenting about Dallas or Covid to get attention.

That's wrong. He's not seeking out attention on covid vaccines, he's  already saddled with years of covid attention he can't extricate himself from,  and he's continuously  circuitously backpedaling on that  so he takes 2 minutes just to get back to square one,  and that's if you got a short memory.
I think there was a way for for RK to step back and minimize that damage but he's stubborn and wasn't smart enough to realize it. That's his fault.

As for Dallas. Some people here think the world started anew when RK first mentioned he thinks the CIA was complicit in his Father and Brother's death, but no one ever asks  why was he and everyone in his family were either supporters of the WC findings or  silent for 50 years?  They've been no use at all to anybody here, except for when one of them decides to run for President. He certainly should tell us of his conversion and suspicions, but I think as any other candidate, it probably just stigmatizes him.

There are a lot of "skills" that are required to be President. Some people naturally have some skills and some don't. One of them in our system is being able to communicate in an understandable way who you are. Also to be able to see relationships and make wise decisions.
The tragic thing is that I don't believe RK is a racist. But unfortunately the less RK is a racist, the more he's a political moron.

If you think what he said about  China, Ashkenazi Jews and Covid  or comparing the covid vaccination to what Anne Frank had to go through, is no big deal for a U.S. politician to say, you're naive and were never meant to run for President either, but of course we don't have to worry about that.

So if you choose, do what some do here and cry about reality and assign it to countless conspiracies.
Only to have to be reexplained reality a few days later.

There's "book smart" and "street smart" and I'm not sure from what you've written that you understand the difference.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Here's the 2004 NYT mea culpa, Paul.

FROM THE EDITORS; The Times and Iraq - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

But, as Glenn Greenwald and the Intercept pointed out 11 years later, the NYT continued to crank out military industrial propaganda about our Middle East war ops for years after the 2003 Iraq invasion.

The Spirit of Judy Miller Is Alive and Well at the NYT, and It Does Great Damage - The Intercept

Thanks for pointing that out William

Kirk - what post are you responding to? William? Don’t see it.

Have you listened to RFK Jr say the Covid virus was engineered to spare Jews and Chinese? Please point me to it.

12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Kirk - what post are you responding to? William? Don’t see it.

Have you listened to RFK Jr say the Covid virus was engineered to spare Jews and Chinese? Please point me to it.

Paul,as far as the RK covid comment. It's pretty much everywhere. But you can see the clip of RK at  the top of Jonathan's thread below this one entitled. . THIS is the Presidential candidate you intend to support? There you can open up the clip of RK lecturing several people around him.

William's post was on the Schlossberg comment about RK thread I started. But I quoted his entire post here and it stands by itself.

Kirk - there are a few Williams here so next time say which. Second, Jim D did what I would have done but find no need to, which you apparently ignored when you wrote this untruthful post. 
You are in fact living in the bubble of fake news that has overwhelmed nearly everyone I know. If you read what he said on this issue and any other, you would see it is very clearly NOT how it is reported. There is an agenda to destroy him, unlike anything I have witnessed in my lifetime. Why? Because he’s dangerous to the American public? Dangerous yes, but not to our citizens, to corporate fascism. 
Why do Kennedy family members opinions matter? Maybe they just don’t want to lose another member of the family. Or maybe they can’t tell the difference either between what he says and believes and how it is reported. They’ve joined the Mockingbird chorus. Imagine having to sit through a Congressional hearing and listen to some doofus Democrat invoke his father’s legacy and chastise the son. We shouldn’t forget that they have no credibility when it comes to the legacy of JFK and RFK, demonstrably.