The Education Forum

David Ferrie's voice for the first time!

Is there anyone alive that knew David Ferrie back then that could verify whether this tape is actually David Ferrie speaking?

They'd have to be in their eighties I would imagine.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Is there anyone alive that knew David Ferrie back then that could verify whether this tape is actually David Ferrie speaking?

Carlos Bringuier would be one. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

Carlos Bringuier would be one. 

How could any of us make contact to ask him?

20 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

How could any of us make contact to ask him?

Very difficult I would imagine. I think its been many decades since he has given an interview. 

I presume Orest Pena is dead? He knew him too. 

Edited by Gerry Down

16 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Very difficult I would imagine. I think its been many decades since he has given an interview. 

I presume Orest Pena is dead? He knew him too. 

Aren't there members of Garrison's staff who are still alive and/or would have had in-person interactions with Ferrie?

32 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Aren't there members of Garrison's staff who are still alive and/or would have had in-person interactions with Ferrie?

Yea there’s at least one guy. Is it Steve Jaffe? Not sure I’m getting the name right. However, I think Jaffe (or whoever it is I’m thinking of) was a volunteer who joined the investigation after Ferrie died, but I could  be wrong. 

19 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

The voice does not sound like any description of Ferrie's voice that I have read.

If that is not David Ferrie's voice on the linked audio clip then that is a very strange recording indeed.

Now I am really intrigued.

Who are our most informed David Ferrie experts on this forum?

I think Jim D. himself posted that he had never heard of this tape?

Or was it that he had never heard David Ferrie's voice?

Curiously strange that a guy who interacted with so many people and even gave 4 talks a week expressing the evils of Fidel Castro...no where is there a legitimate tape recording of his speaking or one person that heard him speak?

Edited by Joe Bauer

23 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I messaged Alain Beauboeuf with the link to my video of Ferrie's tape. He saw my message but never replied to me. He deceased. 

32 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

I messaged Alain Beauboeuf with the link to my video of Ferrie's tape. He saw my message but never replied to me. He deceased. 

Wouldn't Judyth Vary Baker know Ferrie's voice?

She met the guy and she is very alive.

Anyone here on the forum connected to her well enough to ask her to ID the voice on DM's linked recording?

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Anyone here on the forum connected to her well enough to ask her to ID the voice on DM's linked recording?

Oh yeah,Judy worked with Dave.

Did she leave the forum?

I don't think she would mind that much if someone was to ask.

*I tried to tag her,but was unsuccessful.

Edited by Michael Crane

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

You've got to be kidding. She has no credibility whatsoever.

Stephen Roy, Education Forum post, 11 Dec 2009, "Funny thing: I've had people who knew Ferrie well tell me that they thought Pesci's portrayal was pretty good. But when I first heard a recording of Ferrie's voice, I was struck by how low, well-paced, modulated and north/midwestern he sounded. And he was quite a bit taller than Pesci."

Judyth Baker, Fetzer blog article, 6 Apr 2011, "David W. Ferrie is probably best known today through his portrayal by Joe Pesci in Oliver Stone’s film "JFK". Ferrie was taller and had a deeper voice ..."

Stephen Roy, Education Forum post, 12 Apr 2011, "ABOUT WHICH BAKER SAID NOTHING UNTIL I POSTED IT ON THE INTERNET."