The Education Forum

Edwin Lopez: Oswald never visited embassies in Mexico City

Gil Jesus

15 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:
On 9/5/2023 at 2:24 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

The man had blond hair.

There could also have been another entrance that did not have surveillance...

Both the people that the man (the Oswald imposter) talked to in the Cuban consulate said he had blond hair.

So what I'm saying has nothing to do with surveillance cameras.

(Though, as an aside, two of the guys on the surveillance photos also had blond hair.)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

In addition to the declassified record above produced by Mr. Josephs, the day after the assassination, no one at the Russian Embassy mentioned Oswald being there.

Not only did they not mention him afterward, they did not mention him while he was supposedly actually there at the time - with the only actual taping of phones going on against the Russian compounds.

That so much happens between Oct 8 and Nov 7 for the October Summary Report to be so casual about the "english speaking American" and how it was Oct 1st's transcript that supposedly connects the two calls/callers.

M/M Tarasoff remain one of the most misunderstood links in the MX City chain of "evidence".  According to Boris, the transcribed tapes of "those" conversation on the 27th and 28th would be in the hands of CIA/MX by Oct 1st yet nothing is said until the 8th, the day after Phillips arrives and is sent by Goodpasture and the Russian desk as they are Russian intercepts.

Boris only translated Russian while his wife took care of Spanish.  The first call on the 27th was in Spanish.  

1128322038_BorisTarasoff-tapesdeliveredoneday-pickedupthenextdaywhennewtapesdroppedoff.jpg.06d19f85504a13b3eb9ba8750572bf91.jpg

166946220_BorisTarasoffcanonlyremember2Oswaldconversationsdespitetherebeing6.jpg.9fd8dec7e07de669d696defc3395abec.jpg

Tarasoff sends some of these photos to a CIA friend (Millie Rodriguez) for identification and reports claim she said it was Kostikov.  This info comes from NARA copies from Malcolm and is not online.

RIF # 104-10307-10045972857863_MexicoOswald-collage-manonTSBDsteps.thumb.jpg.e1a7fc7145841ee101d7e778c808c179.jpg

But that is not Kostikov right?

Ed and Danny identified him as I think a guy named Moskalev?

And I think they said that Goodpasture should have known him before she sent it up.

53 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But that is not Kostikov right?

Ed and Danny identified him as I think a guy named Moskalev?

And I think they said that Goodpasture should have known him before she sent it up.

No, that is not Kostikov.  I did find this

image.jpeg.5cbe90133be3e15e190b7cf15c48be60.jpeg

Oswald regular                                             his right side duplicated                        left side 

59b8004b2ded4_OswaldDODphotobothsidesreversedandpasted.thumb.jpg.b8ddb3e17ea25b8387f39ae02b198333.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

Where did you find that?

So was someone doing facial comparisons?  What department was it and when? 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

So was someone doing facial comparisons?  What department was it and when? 

I did the comparisons when I found the above glossy image... the "normal" image used for the SSS/Hidell ID at the left of the 3 is also a bit stretched.  Really interesting how the different generational copies of things will change the aspect ratio depending on a variety of variables over the years.

I'm sorry Jim but I don't have any more info than that right now; I'll keep looking thru my files though and see if something comes up.

I haven't seen any other images of Kostikov other than that 1958 reference and this claim by Brian Litman:

image.jpeg.db3451cc07b1e065d1c9b2f405a5e4a2.jpeg

https://www.rferl.org/a/us-ussr-kennedy-assassination-oswald-kgb-contact-mexico-assassinations-officer/28819941.html

https://medium.com/@bdlitman/col-valery-vladimirovich-kostikov-kgb-aka-comrade-kostin-33f7d730adb1

Wasn't it Tracy Barnes who said to Belin in the early 70ties during a "hearing" that Oswald was in MC as a part of a GET CASTRO project? The whole Kostikov thing would then be a cover up for an agent (Oswald) involved in a project to kill Castro. That the same agent was used as the patsy in the killing of Kennedy was a master move by the plotters. 

Quotes from ME AND LEE ... by Judyth Vary Baker. 

He (Oswald)would soon be passing out Fair Play for Cuba flyers and defending Castro’s Cuba on radio and TV, to make it safer to courier the bioweapon to Mexico City without suspicion. To disarm anti-Castroite distrust before his pro-Castro campaign began, Lee planned to muddy the waters by making an open show of offering his expertise to them. Of course, after Lee began his pro-Castro activities, the anti-Castroites would be out for blood. They would assume that Lee was probably the one who had betrayed them, but Lee hoped his courage — and obedience — would be noticed, raising his value to his handlers.
(...)
In the days ahead, Lee and I (Judyth Baker) were busy every day preparing for the final test of the bioweapon on a human. We also had to prepare Lee for his trip to  Mexico City where he was to deliver the bioweapon to others for transport into Cuba.  
(...)
 For  one  thing,  we  had  to  figure  out  how  to camouflage the bioweapon for transportation to Mexico City and Cuba in a way that would not be noticed. 
(...)
Next we discussed the trip to Jackson, which would give Lee practice transporting the bioweapon in preparation for the trip to Mexico City. 
(...) 
Lee  carried  the  bioweapon  in  his  “lunch  sack,”  with  the  sandwiches. The  ordinary-looking  thermos  bottles  had  clear  glass  liners  on  which  the cancer cells had been grown. The liners were, in essence, giant test tubes, easily  pulled  from  the  thermos  bottles.  The  cancer  soup  was  decanted from one of these liners (to which it adhered, like slime) with trypsin, an enzyme,  and  was  then  prepared  for  injections  into  the  volunteer.  More injections from the same batch would follow, if the first injections “took.” The second liner was for backup, in case the first batch got contaminated.  We  hoped  this  same  setup  would  successfully  transfer  the  bioweapon  toMexico  City,  and  then  to  Cuba.  No  border  inspector  would  guess  that virulent cancer cells were being smuggled in, since the cells were invisible, and the medium itself looked (and even tasted like) weak chicken broth.
(...)
Friday, September 27, 1963
Lee ( with the bioweapon) arrived in Mexico City in mid-morning, where the Warren Commission claims  Lee  checked  into  a  well-known  hotel,  but  Lee  told  me  he  rented quarters  at  a  Quaker  establishment,  where  he  pretended  he  was  a  drug dealer working for the mafia. This seems to have terrified everyone, so they completely avoided him, which is what Lee intended. That evening, the big moment finally came — the handover of the bioweapon. Lee went to the designated  drop-off  point  —  a  souvenir  shop,  where  he  was  supposed  to meet a medical technician that would continue to keep the cells alive. But the technician failed to show. When Lee tried to contact Mr. Bishop, he was told that Bishop had flown to Washington, DC. Lee had been abandoned in Mexico  City.  His  fears  now  escalated:  he  had  justifiable  visions  of  being arrested, interrogated, and tortured by the Mexican police, if anybody at the Quaker house reported him. 
The  years  have  faded  some  details,  but  I  recall  that  Lee  reached  an emergency  contact,  a  ‘cutout’  who  said  he’d  try  to  help  out.  This  was  a blonde-haired  young  man  with  a  Moped.  He  had  friends  at  a  local university  medical  school.  Meanwhile,  Lee  tried  to  avoid  looking  like  a drug dealer. He went to a jai alai match and a bullfight, where he finally met his  blonde-haired  emergency  contact.  Together,  they  decided  to  go  to  the Cuban  Consulate,  for  Lee  now  wanted  to  try  to  enter  Cuba,  if  he  could, before the bioweapon expired. Lee  had  a  list  of  trusted  contacts memorized, which he had been told to give to  the  medical  technician,  along  with instructions on how to keep the bioweapon alive  and  how  (and  where)  to  make injections. He was willing to risk his life to do  so.  To  that  end,  Lee  visited  the  Cuban consulate,  along  with  his  friend.  I personally believe that no U.S. spy photos showing Lee at the Cuban Consulate were saved  because  he  was  not  alone  in  these photographs. I believe he was accompanied by  the  blond  contact.  Hence,  photos  of  a heavyset male CIA agent were deliberately labeled with Lee’s name. Either Lee’s friend, or Lee, handed over his  application  for  a  transit  visa  to  enter Cuba.  At  this  time,  an  attractive  young woman,  Sylvia  Duran,  handled  Lee’s application.  She  later  reported  that  “Lee” was  a  blonde-haired  young  man,  most likely to protect herself, for Duran ended up being tortured by the Mexican police  at  the  behest  of  the  U.S.  after  the  assassination,  to  force  her  to confess that she’d slept with Lee. I am sure she regretted ever meeting him.  As new evidence has shown, after Kennedy’s assassination it became too dangerous  to  implicate  Lee  as  a  pro-Castro,  pro-Soviet  agent,  and  it  was decided that Lee would simply be known as “a lone nut.” Duran was then released from prison. Lee was impersonated by phone at this time as well, linking him to a Soviet spy known to be a professional assassin. As for Lee, because of his loyalty to Kennedy, and despite his belief that he was surely being set up to take a fall, he made a final attempt to get the bioweapon into Cuba. He must have played his part well, because Señora Duran invited Lee to a party — which is why the police were told to arrest her later. After the party, they  went to Sylvia’s place, where he spent the night32 Lee told me that he slept with  Duran  to  get  her  cooperation,  hoping  for  vital  information  and  help from her.  He  didn’t  have  to  tell me about her, but by now, we never hid things of that nature from each other. But  nothing  “under  the  table”  worked,  and  of  course  the  Cuban consulate refused to approve Lee’s transit visa request on such short notice.
The hurry-up request had marked Lee as a suspicious character, so Lee put on  a  dramatic  Scarlet  Pimpernel  act.  He  made  a  foolish  spectacle  of himself. Such a fool could not possibly be important, or dangerous! Even so, Lee might have been awarded the transit visa “under the table” — it was not  unheard-of—  by  showing  a  dog-like  loyalty  to  Castro.  But  the  ploy, which  never  had  much  of  a  chance  of  success,  failed.  Lee  was  treated rudely  by  the  consulate  staff,  who  again  denied  his  request.  With  no transit visa and a biological weapon that was about to expire, Lee contacted the  Mexico  City  CIA  station,  seeking  further  instructions.  The  CIA  had previously promised Lee that he would stay in Mexico City and start a new career there as an asset. But now, Lee was ordered to return to Dallas for “debriefing.”  Life  in  Mexico  would  come  later:  he  was  not  to  be  upset about  the  failure  of  the  mission,  he  was  told,  because  a  deadly  hurricane was approaching Cuba, disrupting everything. But because the timing was off  —  the  hurricane  had  been  no  such  threat  on  the  26th  —  Lee  didn’t believe  a  word  of  it.  With  a  sense  of  impending  doom,  Lee  prepared  to return to Dallas. Everything had gone wrong in Mexico City, except Señora Duran.
Failure on an important mission like this was not in Lee’s play book. In a  last  ditch  effort  to  do  something  to  advance  the  cause,  he  left  the thermoses in the souvenir shop in a safe place, keeping the zippered bag because it matched the one left behind in Texas — just in case he would be asked to try again. He deposited one of his two suitcases in a locker in the bus  station,  so  he  would  have  some  clothes  to  wear  when  he  returned  to Mexico.  It  was  now  obvious  to  Lee  that  he  had  been  betrayed,  and  his actions  at  the  consulate  would  further  stain  him  as  a  pro-Castro  fanatic, making him an even more convincing patsy in Kennedy’s murder. “They think I’m a blind fool!” Lee told me soon after. “If they don’t want me for Cuba anymore, I’m better off dead than alive to them.”Lee saw that while his usefulness was over, his knowledge of names,faces and events was dangerous. It was a bad combination. Lee concluded that  Mexico  had  become  too  obvious  for  us  to  hide  in.  We  immediately changed  our  escape  plans.  We  would  flee  to  the  Cayman  Islands,  wait  a year or so, then move on to fulfill our dream of exploring lost Mayan cities.On his way back to Texas, Lee stopped in the U. S. Public Health Service office  at  the  border  and  told  a  contact  where  he  had  left  the  deadly materials.  He  also  looked  into  quickie  Mexican  divorces  in  a  nearby border town. Once in Dallas, Lee was ordered to check in at the YMCA and not to tell his wife he was in town until after he’d been debriefed. It should be noted that Lee never mentioned going to Cuba again, despite his supposed  obsession  with  the  subject.  His  Cuban  transit  visa  was  actually approved  less  than  a  month  later,  which  was  almost  record  time,  but  he ignored it. The mission to kill Castro had failed, and his attention was now
focused on what would happen to John F. Kennedy. After his debriefing, Lee was able to call me at last. He told me “Theysaid  it  was  the  hurricane,  ”  in  the  clipped  way  that  he  had  when  he  was irritated. “They said every deemed safe house was wrecked, and most of our contacts were scattered.”
Lee was shown photos of the devastation Hurricane Flora had caused in the Caribbean. Several days before hitting Cuba, Flora hit Haiti, where it killed 5, 000 people. The approach of that Category IV storm with winds gusts over 200 mph prompted Castro to send his medical staff, which was
concentrated in Havana, all over Cuba to deal with the coming disaster. A week later, Lee was shown more photos of the massive devastation caused in Cuba by the killer hurricane, making it obvious to him that his handlers were trying to allay his suspicions. 
Lee didn’t buy the Hurricane Flora excuse as the reason that his contact was  not  in  Mexico  City.  “How  dumb  do  they  think  I  am?”  he  said.  My intuition told me that he was right at the time, and today we know that Lee entered  Mexico  City  on  the  morning  of  September  26th,  and  Hurricane Flora did not hit Cuba until October 4th. So it is not a plausible excuse for Lee’s contact not being in Mexico City when he arrived. The  other  point  was  that  Alex  Rorke  had  indeed  disappeared  on September 25th, as Lee had been told, but he was not informed until much later that Rorke and his pilot had been shot down over Cuba and might still be alive, held as prisoners. Lee’s Latino contacts should have given him this information, but did not. This made Lee rightfully suspicious. We believed a deliberate effort had been made to keep me in Florida.
Lee’s involvement in the bioweapon project was now over, as was mine. Though the transit visa to Cuba arrived on his birthday, Cuba was no longer on his assignment list, so the visa was ignored. Instead, he’d been assigned to  spy  on  a  band  of  right-wing  nuts  interested  in  killing  Kennedy.  In  the meantime, Lee was told he could be “sent to Mexico at any time.” We just had to be patient.

According to that account Oswald was at the Cuban Consulate and had a motive to do so, but he never was at the Soviet Embassy, because as of my knowledge the Russians were not involved in  GET CASTRO projects. 🙂 

BTW It is an ironic that, if true, Judyth Vary Bakers account proves, that Garrison while he thought he was investigating a plot to kill Kennedy he was investigating a plot to kill Castro. That Oswald was guilty in participating in a plot to kill Castro but not in the killing of Kennedy was something that never occurred to him. Garrison couldn't make sense of the following: 

Quote ON THE TRAIL OF THE ASSASSINS by Jim Garrison.

We (Garrison and his men after the news of Ferries death) piled into the cars outside and arrived at Ferrie’s apartment less than ten minutes after our own investigators. There was no danger of federal
intruders. Our men had sealed it off so a ten-ton tank could not have gotten within 50 yards of the late David Ferrie’s apartment. The first thing that hit me when I went through the door was the smell of the white mice. There had been hundreds of them in the place, kept in wire cages in the living room and dining room as part of the cancer experiments Ferrie had conducted with an established local doctor. The doctor now was long gone, and so were the white mice. But the cages and that unforgettable, stale, oddly sweet smell continued to hang in the air.

IMO ... remnants of the GET CASTRO with CANCER project, where at last Lee Oswald, David Ferrie, Mary Sherman, Guy Banister and Alexander Rorke were involved.  

What have all those people further in common: They died within a year. (With the exception of Ferrie.) 

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

On 9/11/2023 at 4:47 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Both the people that the man (the Oswald imposter) talked to in the Cuban consulate said he had blond hair.

So what I'm saying has nothing to do with surveillance cameras.

(Though, as an aside, two of the guys on the surveillance photos also had blond hair.)

'Blonde' is relative.

23 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

'Blonde' is relative.

They (the Cuban consulate employees Duran and Azcue) also were shown photos of Oswald and both said that the person they talked to in the consulate wasn't the same person.

In addition to saying that the man they talked to was blond, they said he was short. Oswald, at 5' 10", was not short.

Cuban intelligence came to the same conclusion.

Oswald may have been in Mexico City, but he didn't go to the Cuban consulate. Probably not the Russian embassy/consulate either.

Since nobody here takes into account Judyth Bakers story on Oswald in Mexico, the only version of events which provide the why the how and a motive for Oswald to went there and is the only version which explains all the contradictions, this thread remains half baked. 

Not the way good research is done. 🤡

BTW There is not one word about JVB in Stone's Movie JFK REVISITED and Jim Eugenios supplement book to the movie, despite the fact Stone read the Baker book and said to her. "I believe you." when they met personally.  

Again:  Not the way good research is done, this time from Stone and DiEugenio who are acting as if Judyth Baker does not exist. 🤡

KK

In case you missed my post above I quote Judyth's Mexico City story again: The quote is from her 2010 book ME AND LEE. (The essence is: Oswald (when in Mexico City) was at the cuban consulate for a very good reason but never went to the Russian embassy

Friday, September 27, 1963
Lee ( with the bioweapon) arrived in Mexico City in mid-morning, where the Warren Commission claims  Lee  checked  into  a  well-known  hotel,  but  Lee  told  me  he  rented quarters  at  a  Quaker  establishment,  where  he  pretended  he  was  a  drug dealer working for the mafia. This seems to have terrified everyone, so they completely avoided him, which is what Lee intended. That evening, the big moment finally came — the handover of the bioweapon. Lee went to the designated  drop-off  point  —  a  souvenir  shop,  where  he  was  supposed  to meet a medical technician that would continue to keep the cells alive. But the technician failed to show. When Lee tried to contact Mr. Bishop, he was told that Bishop had flown to Washington, DC. Lee had been abandoned in Mexico  City.  His  fears  now  escalated:  he  had  justifiable  visions  of  being arrested, interrogated, and tortured by the Mexican police, if anybody at the Quaker house reported him. 
The  years  have  faded  some  details,  but  I  recall  that  Lee  reached  an emergency  contact,  a  ‘cutout’  who  said  he’d  try  to  help  out.  This  was  a blonde-haired  young  man  with  a  Moped.  He  had  friends  at  a  local university  medical  school.  Meanwhile,  Lee  tried  to  avoid  looking  like  a drug dealer. He went to a jai alai match and a bullfight, where he finally met his  blonde-haired  emergency  contact.  Together,  they  decided  to  go  to  the Cuban  Consulate,  for  Lee  now  wanted  to  try  to  enter  Cuba,  if  he  could, before the bioweapon expired. Lee  had  a  list  of  trusted  contacts memorized, which he had been told to give to  the  medical  technician,  along  with instructions on how to keep the bioweapon alive  and  how  (and  where)  to  make injections. He was willing to risk his life to do  so.  To  that  end,  Lee  visited  the  Cuban consulate,  along  with  his  friend.  I personally believe that no U.S. spy photos showing Lee at the Cuban Consulate were saved  because  he  was  not  alone  in  these photographs. I believe he was accompanied by  the  blond  contact.  Hence,  photos  of  a heavyset male CIA agent were deliberately labeled with Lee’s name. Either Lee’s friend, or Lee, handed over his  application  for  a  transit  visa  to  enter Cuba.  At  this  time,  an  attractive  young woman,  Sylvia  Duran,  handled  Lee’s application.  She  later  reported  that  “Lee” was  a  blonde-haired  young  man,  most likely to protect herself, for Duran ended up being tortured by the Mexican police  at  the  behest  of  the  U.S.  after  the  assassination,  to  force  her  to confess that she’d slept with Lee. I am sure she regretted ever meeting him.  As new evidence has shown, after Kennedy’s assassination it became too dangerous  to  implicate  Lee  as  a  pro-Castro,  pro-Soviet  agent,  and  it  was decided that Lee would simply be known as “a lone nut.” Duran was then released from prison. Lee was impersonated by phone at this time as well, linking him to a Soviet spy known to be a professional assassin. As for Lee, because of his loyalty to Kennedy, and despite his belief that he was surely being set up to take a fall, he made a final attempt to get the bioweapon into Cuba. He must have played his part well, because Señora Duran invited Lee to a party — which is why the police were told to arrest her later. After the party, they  went to Sylvia’s place, where he spent the night32 Lee told me that he slept with  Duran  to  get  her  cooperation,  hoping  for  vital  information  and  help from her.  He  didn’t  have  to  tell me about her, but by now, we never hid things of that nature from each other. But  nothing  “under  the  table”  worked,  and  of  course  the  Cuban consulate refused to approve Lee’s transit visa request on such short notice.
The hurry-up request had marked Lee as a suspicious character, so Lee put on  a  dramatic  Scarlet  Pimpernel  act.  He  made  a  foolish  spectacle  of himself. Such a fool could not possibly be important, or dangerous! Even so, Lee might have been awarded the transit visa “under the table” — it was not  unheard-of—  by  showing  a  dog-like  loyalty  to  Castro.  But  the  ploy, which  never  had  much  of  a  chance  of  success,  failed.  Lee  was  treated rudely  by  the  consulate  staff,  who  again  denied  his  request.  With  no transit visa and a biological weapon that was about to expire, Lee contacted the  Mexico  City  CIA  station,  seeking  further  instructions.  The  CIA  had previously promised Lee that he would stay in Mexico City and start a new career there as an asset. But now, Lee was ordered to return to Dallas for “debriefing.”  Life  in  Mexico  would  come  later:  he  was  not  to  be  upset about  the  failure  of  the  mission,  he  was  told,  because  a  deadly  hurricane was approaching Cuba, disrupting everything. But because the timing was off  —  the  hurricane  had  been  no  such  threat  on  the  26th  —  Lee  didn’t believe  a  word  of  it.  With  a  sense  of  impending  doom,  Lee  prepared  to return to Dallas. Everything had gone wrong in Mexico City, except Señora Duran.
Failure on an important mission like this was not in Lee’s play book. In a  last  ditch  effort  to  do  something  to  advance  the  cause,  he  left  the thermoses in the souvenir shop in a safe place, keeping the zippered bag because it matched the one left behind in Texas — just in case he would be asked to try again. He deposited one of his two suitcases in a locker in the bus  station,  so  he  would  have  some  clothes  to  wear  when  he  returned  to Mexico.  It  was  now  obvious  to  Lee  that  he  had  been  betrayed,  and  his actions  at  the  consulate  would  further  stain  him  as  a  pro-Castro  fanatic, making him an even more convincing patsy in Kennedy’s murder. “They think I’m a blind fool!” Lee told me soon after. “If they don’t want me for Cuba anymore, I’m better off dead than alive to them.”Lee saw that while his usefulness was over, his knowledge of names,faces and events was dangerous. It was a bad combination. Lee concluded that  Mexico  had  become  too  obvious  for  us  to  hide  in.  We  immediately changed  our  escape  plans.  We  would  flee  to  the  Cayman  Islands,  wait  a year or so, then move on to fulfill our dream of exploring lost Mayan cities.On his way back to Texas, Lee stopped in the U. S. Public Health Service office  at  the  border  and  told  a  contact  where  he  had  left  the  deadly materials.  He  also  looked  into  quickie  Mexican  divorces  in  a  nearby border town. Once in Dallas, Lee was ordered to check in at the YMCA and not to tell his wife he was in town until after he’d been debriefed. It should be noted that Lee never mentioned going to Cuba again, despite his supposed  obsession  with  the  subject.  His  Cuban  transit  visa  was  actually approved  less  than  a  month  later,  which  was  almost  record  time,  but  he ignored it. The mission to kill Castro had failed, and his attention was now
focused on what would happen to John F. Kennedy. After his debriefing, Lee was able to call me at last. He told me “Theysaid  it  was  the  hurricane,  ”  in  the  clipped  way  that  he  had  when  he  was irritated. “They said every deemed safe house was wrecked, and most of our contacts were scattered.”
Lee was shown photos of the devastation Hurricane Flora had caused in the Caribbean. Several days before hitting Cuba, Flora hit Haiti, where it killed 5, 000 people. The approach of that Category IV storm with winds gusts over 200 mph prompted Castro to send his medical staff, which was
concentrated in Havana, all over Cuba to deal with the coming disaster. A week later, Lee was shown more photos of the massive devastation caused in Cuba by the killer hurricane, making it obvious to him that his handlers were trying to allay his suspicions. 
Lee didn’t buy the Hurricane Flora excuse as the reason that his contact was  not  in  Mexico  City.  “How  dumb  do  they  think  I  am?”  he  said.  My intuition told me that he was right at the time, and today we know that Lee entered  Mexico  City  on  the  morning  of  September  26th,  and  Hurricane Flora did not hit Cuba until October 4th. So it is not a plausible excuse for Lee’s contact not being in Mexico City when he arrived. The  other  point  was  that  Alex  Rorke  had  indeed  disappeared  on September 25th, as Lee had been told, but he was not informed until much later that Rorke and his pilot had been shot down over Cuba and might still be alive, held as prisoners. Lee’s Latino contacts should have given him this information, but did not. This made Lee rightfully suspicious. We believed a deliberate effort had been made to keep me in Florida.
Lee’s involvement in the bioweapon project was now over, as was mine. Though the transit visa to Cuba arrived on his birthday, Cuba was no longer on his assignment list, so the visa was ignored. Instead, he’d been assigned to  spy  on  a  band  of  right-wing  nuts  interested  in  killing  Kennedy.  In  the meantime, Lee was told he could be “sent to Mexico at any time.” We just had to be patient.

According to that account Oswald was at the Cuban Consulate and had a motive to do so, but he never was at the Soviet Embassy, because as of my knowledge the Russians were not involved in  GET CASTRO projects. 🙂 

BTW It is an ironic that, if true, Judyth Vary Bakers account proves, that Garrison while he thought he was investigating a plot to kill Kennedy he was investigating a plot to kill Castro. That Oswald was guilty in participating in a plot to kill Castro but not in the killing of Kennedy was something that never occurred to him. Garrison couldn't make sense of the following: 

Quote ON THE TRAIL OF THE ASSASSINS by Jim Garrison.

We (Garrison and his men after the news of Ferries death) piled into the cars outside and arrived at Ferrie’s apartment less than ten minutes after our own investigators. There was no danger of federal
intruders. Our men had sealed it off so a ten-ton tank could not have gotten within 50 yards of the late David Ferrie’s apartment. The first thing that hit me when I went through the door was the smell of the white mice. There had been hundreds of them in the place, kept in wire cages in the living room and dining room as part of the cancer experiments Ferrie had conducted with an established local doctor. The doctor now was long gone, and so were the white mice. But the cages and that unforgettable, stale, oddly sweet smell continued to hang in the air.

IMO ... remnants of the GET CASTRO with CANCER project, where at last Lee Oswald, David Ferrie, Mary Sherman, Guy Banister and Alexander Rorke were involved.  

What have all those people further in common: They died within a year. (With the exception of Ferrie.) 

KK

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

They (the Cuban consulate employees Duran and Azcue) also were shown photos of Oswald and both said that the person they talked to in the consulate wasn't the same person.

In addition to saying that the man they talked to was blond, they said he was short. Oswald, at 5' 10", was not short.

Cuban intelligence came to the same conclusion.

Oswald may have been in Mexico City, but he didn't go to the Cuban consulate. Probably not the Russian embassy/consulate either.

With all due respect, I disagree. This seems like quibbling over things. In fact, at this point I would say that we each know where the other stands on the issue of description, so why not agree to disagree and move on?

The person who visited the embassies had valid documentation, or so they said.

The behavior of the person who visited the embassies is consistent with that of the Lee Oswald Mr Hosty encountered in Dallas.  

I haven't done a timeline yet of who said what about the Lee they say they saw, but initially boh the Cuban and Russian embassies claimed the person arrested for the murder of Tippit and JFK was the one they saw.  

And I think there is something bigger going on here that may be a reason for the JFK files not yet released.  We are supposed to quibble over minor items and thus be distracted from actually researching what happened to Lee Oswald in MC and why, and his Cuban and Russian connections.  

And I think there is someone behind the scenes in all this dynamite about MC who is being protected.  I could be wrong, but I think it may be RFK.

Edited by Pamela Brown

On 9/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, Pamela Brown said:

Sandy,

I don't think it's fair to suggest that any of us is "believing the WC."

I hope you will agree with me that weighing and evaluating evidence and then forming a hypothesis is what research is all about...

Right now, I am working on an hypothesis that Lee was in MC, and so were others who, for whatever reason, were impersonating him and possibly also tracking his movements.  

To say that Lee *couldn't* have been at the consulate because there is no photo seems to be jumping to a conclusion.  For example, Lee could have anticipated the possibility of a camera and pulled up a jacket collar or in some other way took action to avoid being photographed.

Interesting hypothesis. How do you think his movements were being tracked? As in was someone pulled up in a car outside his hotel and followed him on foot to see where he was going and what he was doing?

11 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Interesting hypothesis. How do you think his movements were being tracked? As in was someone pulled up in a car outside his hotel and followed him on foot to see where he was going and what he was doing?

Or by car, using binoculars...

I also think something of his sort may also have happened in Dallas after the assassination...

Edited by Pamela Brown