The Education Forum

Gallup Poll: Retrospective Approval of JFK Rises to 90%

Gallup Poll of July 17, 2023

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- John F. Kennedy remains the most highly rated former president when Gallup asks Americans whether, in retrospect, they approve or disapprove of the job each did as president. Ninety percent of U.S. adults now approve of the job Kennedy did, 21 percentage points higher than second-place Ronald Reagan’s rating.

Seven of the nine past presidents included in the poll receive majority retrospective approval ratings. The two exceptions are Donald Trump, with 46% of Americans approving of the job he did in his initial retrospective approval rating, and Richard Nixon, at 32%.

Doug:

Can you link directly to the story?  I would like to post it.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Doug:

Can you link directly to the story?  I would like to post it.

I copied the link twice and tried to post it here, but it would not take. Maybe you will have better luck. Here is the Gallup Poll master link. When you hit it a number of articles come up. The JFK article is right up front, at the top of the second column. 

Politics | Gallup Topic

Doug

Edited by Douglas Caddy

22 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Ninety percent of U.S. adults now approve of the job Kennedy did, 21 percentage points higher than second-place Ronald Reagan’s rating.

Maybe many U.S. adults have been reading Monica Wiesak's book.

The 60th anniversary of the JFK assassination is November 22 this year. I think the Gallup Poll organization recognized it would be timely to conduct its poll of Presidents about this time. Its ranking of JFK will be cited in many news reports over the coming months.

The amazing thing about this is that  the Wiesak book has been really the only one of its kind since Jim Douglass.

The MSM has not been very preoccupied with listing JFK's achievements as has been revealed by the new documents or new digging by researchers.

As Newman has written in his current volume, JFK kept us out of two wars: Vietnam and Cuba. Actually more like three.  Since the chiefs and Allen Dulles wanted to attack Russia with a preventive nuclear first strike in the fall of 1963.

If you compare that to what came afterwards, e. g.  Obama with Libya and TImber Sycamore in Syria.  Can you imagine what Kennedy would have said about using NATO to bomb Africa?

You are the joke Mervyn.

Kennedy did not invade at the Bay of Pigs in April of 1961. (We know what Nixon would have done.)

Kennedy did not send combat troops to Vietnam in the fall of 1961.

Kennedy walked out of the meeting in which the JCS and Dulles wanted to schedule a preventive nuclear strike on Russia in the fall of 1963.

Kennedy refused to bomb the missile silos or invade Cuba in October of 1962.  (We know what Nixon and LBJ would have done.)

Kennedy was withdrawing advisors from Vietnam in October of 1963.  (We know what Johnson did with that.)

Just do the arithmetic.  That is three wars he decided not to engage in. And does not include the back channel detentes with Cuba and Russia.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can you imagine what Kennedy would have said about using NATO to bomb Africa?

"and we call ourselves the human race."

21 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

"JFK kept us out of two wars."?

Please admit that your wrote this as a joke.

The man was mad.

He nearly gave us a nuclear WWIII.

How did this guy get admitted to our forum? He is a JFK-hater and causes chaos. 

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

How did this guy get admitted to our forum? He is a JFK-hater and causes chaos. 

Douglas, you amaze me. You openly dislike the First Amendment. Your way is not to have a Forum for debate but to have cyber-cult to worship the Kennedys. Sorry, that is not me. I view them as nepotistic people speaking out of both sides of their mouths. One for the public, two in private. Dear oh dear Douglas, please don't say that you call yourself an American, because you obviously don't accept its Constitution.

Three reasons that might contribute in small part to JFK's continued recent approval.

The 60th.  Many people remember the 50th being in the msm news.  The city of Dallas takeover of Dealy Plaza and their sad attempt at a tribute may remain in the back of a few minds.  The fact that the assassination is still often mentioned every year in some fashion around 11/22 by the msm, though not discussed in any depth.  Those in there late 20's-30's even 40's have parents or grandparents who remember the assassination.  The mistrust of the government since it and other things has become ingrained for some, a generational thing, inherited.

Yes, Monica's excellent book, America's Last President has probably been read by a few (several?) thousand people by now.  Several other books that have come out in the last 10 years.  But I imagine the videos Through The Looking Glass and Destiny Betrayed have been seen by a few million people, just in the USA, who never before knew much of anything about the Truth.  Maybe Jim will give us the details on that.  Still a small portion of the total population I'm sure, but a lot more than before.

Nuclear War with Russia.  To my limited knowledge there has not been a serious threat of Nuclear war with Russia or anyone else since the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Until the Ukraine invasion and its failure thus far I don't remember any serious threats of tactical or intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles.  That's a new thing to younger generations, their only point of reference looking back is Cuba, Russia, JFK saved us from annihilation.

How many here remember something like this.  Gust Elementary Denver Colorado (still there) 1962-63 I think.  First grade.  Practice for Nuclear Attack.  Told to go into the hall along side the wall to the classroom to your hook, shelf, and boot rack for your snow shoes.  Told to kneel down, bend over and place your head on the (wooden) shoe rack.  Then hold your hands over your head, weave/interlace your fingers together (they demonstrated first), then place your fingers and hands over the back of your upper neck/lower head.  To protect yourself in case of attack.

With your back and ass facing the windows overlooking the playground. 

Yeah, it's difficult to say why that is. I'd like to think it's because the youth is starting to get involved in politics, and Putin's invasion of Ukraine  has brought the 60's Cold War back into focus. And because younger people start out more to the left. JFK has become  the sort of the reputed embodiment of that. He's also very interesting, sexy, and died tragically.  

But curiously,  Of course the current everyday reminder of the Kennedy legacy is the RK candidacy, but that doesn't translate at all as he's been stuck between 13-15% for a few months now.

For years here, there's been a narrative that the MSM has been out  to destroy the Kennedys and all these tell all books talking of Kennedy scandal was some organized coup from the "deep state" and not the usual people just out to make a buck. Well despite  all these evil efforts, doesn't this show that they've done nothing to really tarnish the Kennedy image?  A new candidate from a new generation will have the wind at their backs.