The Education Forum

Education Forum in need of P.R.?

At this writing there are 34 people worldwide including guests viewing this forum. Meanwhile at the JFKA Discussion website there are over 3000 viewers. Why would more of the masses be interested in reading constant nonsense from the likes of disinformation agent "Richard Smith" and "Brian Doyle" than from real JFK researchers like Pat Speer, Larry Hancock, David Josephs and Jim DiEugenio? Seems like some much needed P.R. is needed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

At this writing there are 34 people worldwide including guests viewing this forum. Meanwhile at the JFKA Discussion website there are over 3000 viewers. Why would more of the masses be interested in reading constant nonsense from the likes of disinformation agent "Richard Smith" and "Brian Doyle" than from real JFK researchers like Pat Speer, Larry Hancock, David Josephs and Jim DiEugenio? Seems like some much needed P.R. is needed.

That is Duncan's forum.

It also shows five times as many members browsing over there. And yet they get only a handful of new post per day. Maybe a dozen spread across all threads.

My guess is that something is broken over there.... not working right.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That is Duncan's forum.

It also shows five times as many members browsing over there. And yet they get only a handful of new post per day. Maybe a dozen spread across all threads.

My guess is that something is broken over there.... not working right.

Sandy, I noticed a very similar pattern on the 'offshore pirate radio' boards.There are two of them and a handful of people keep recycling the same nonsense. What they HATE is anyone bursting their bubbles. I noticed some of that here, with one person who would ban me for daring to say that I do not like the Kennedys and gave my reason for doing so. I think he is a US citizen. His idea is that the First Amendment has its place, but not when it comes to heretical posts destroying the Kennedy cult. The answer of course is to shrug off the cultist viewpoint and continue as usual.

6 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

3000 viewers? More like 3000 bots. Some of those bots might have difficulty penetrating deep into the education forum where the JFK assassination material is located. The JFK assassination section is a sub section of a much larger website on here. Whereas with the other forum you mention, the JFK assassination material is right there on the home page so bots can find their way around more easily and so be registered as "viewers" of that website.

On the flip side, some of the "34" visitors on here are also bots. It's just the other forum would have a lot more than are on here.

2 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

3000 viewers? More like 3000 bots. Some of those bots might have difficulty penetrating deep into the education forum where the JFK assassination material is located. The JFK assassination section is a sub section of a much larger website on here. Whereas with the other forum you mention, the JFK assassination material is right there on the home page so bots can find their way around more easily and so be registered as "viewers" of that website.

On the flip side, some of the "34" visitors on here are also bots. It's just the other forum would have a lot more than are on here.

Interesting. Thanks for educating me on 'bots'.

10 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Somebody at JFKA Discussion evidently thought I slandered them or sold their ideas short in this post.

Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 ) (jfkassassinationforum.com)

Someone quoted me recently on the ROKC forum. It seems other forums cant help from peeping in on the Education Forum 😆

17 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I have thought the EF-JFKA should solicit more membership. 

As for general readership, I have mixed feelings. 

Some of the posts here are embarrassing, in particular regarding provenance of evidence.

The JFKA community could easily become a laughing stock. 

All commentators should engage each other in civil and collegial style, and welcome new commenters through such conversation.

All political stripes should be welcomed, with the rare exception of overt hate-group types. 

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Some of the posts here are embarrassing, in particular regarding provenance of evidence.

The JFKA community could easily become a laughing stock. 

This forum already borders, if not crosses well into, laughing stock territory due to its embrace of preposterous nonsense such as Lee Oswald doppelgangers, the Three Tramps being different people than their arrest records confirm they are, every film and photo taken in Dealey Plaza having been altered, and so on. It's really a shame.

with the rare exception of overt hate-group types. 

What about the covert haters who weigh in with attempts to normalize racism, anti-Semitism, fascism, misogyny in the guise of liberty and collegial exchange?

There was a time when those in pursuit of the facts — for example the 1963 cold case murder investigation — would recognize the card being played here: you and yours attempting to diminish the important contribution of EF.

How about this for a public relations campaign: Roger Stone Infiltrated the JFK Community; now let's drive him and his acolytes from the tent? 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This forum already borders, if not crosses well into, laughing stock territory due to its embrace of preposterous nonsense such as Lee Oswald doppelgangers, the Three Tramps being different people than their arrest records confirm they are, every film and photo taken in Dealey Plaza having been altered, and so on. It's really a shame.

Indeed, Jonathan. Plus there's the continual embarrassment that about 90% (perhaps even more) of the conspiracy theorists here at the EF should be experiencing on a daily basis when they continue to embrace such absurd and wholly unprovable theories like these for years on end:

1. The second-floor Baker/Truly/Oswald encounter never even happened at all.

2. Lee Oswald didn't carry any large-ish paper bag at all into the Book Depository on 11/22/63.

3. Lee Oswald never ordered any rifle at all from Klein's Sporting Goods and never once even touched Carcano Rifle No. C2766.

4. Lee Oswald never even went to the Cuban and Russian embassies in Mexico City at all in September of 1963.

5. Ruth Paine was up to her neck in conspiracy and patsy-planting in the weeks prior to Nov. 22nd.

6. Captain Fritz and other DPD officers were part of a pre-arranged plot on 11/24/63 which allowed Jack Ruby to have easy access to the City Hall basement in order to kill Lee Oswald.

....And so many more embarrassing theories that have been featured over and over again on this forum's pages.

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

What rubbish.

This forum has commentaries by such luminaries as James DiEugenio and Larry Hancock.

Quality before quantity.

14 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

What rubbish.

This forum has commentaries by such luminaries as James DiEugenio and Larry Hancock.

Quality before quantity.

Regardless of who the "luminaries" are that spout the nonsensical JFK conspiracy theories that Jonathan Cohen and I have outlined in our posts above, the theories are still going to be nonsensical (and thoroughly embarrassing).

Edited by David Von Pein

10 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

What rubbish.

Quality before quantity.

W, the point is that all of the ridiculous conspiracy theories outlined in my original post, plus the wall-to-wall spamming by Linda O'Hara about a datebook of dubious authenticity, frequently overshadow the excellent research presented on this forum by Larry, Joe Backes, Jeremy B., and others.