The Education Forum

Fresh Forum Funding Donation Campaign

Mark Knight

As we approach November 2023, 60 years following JFK's assassination, I ask my fellow Education Forum members who are able to please contribute in order to fund the forum going forward. No, we are not exactly in DIRE financial straits, but I bring this up to prevent that from occurring.

There is a sticky post on the first page of the EF JFK Assassination Discussion Forum that instructs members on how to donate to the forum. 

We appreciate each and every donation, no matter how large or small. Thank you.

We have about $400 left and the burn rate is $70 per month. So we could go another five months without further donations.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like to wait till the last minute to act. I like to have a little cushion just in case who-knows-what happens.   :drive

So I think Mark is right-on to start the donation drive now.     :news

Can you please post a link to the Go Fund me page

30 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can you please post a link to the Go Fund me page

The direct link to the GoFundMe page is:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/education-forum-2

That will work. Though we prefer that members go through the following link to get there, because it answers questions frequently asked when we last had the donation drive a year ago. Click "Donate To The Forum Here."

I just made  a donation.

Please, everyone who uses the site regularly should contribute whatever they can.

IMO, this is the best JFK forum on the web.

Thanks Jim!

BTW, if anybody is wondering why the administrators haven't donated... we actually did donate. And then I realized that I needed to create a new GoFundMe fundraiser so that it would show the balance collected just this time, not the ~$1450 collected last year. So the admins' donations are showing on last year's fundraiser, not this year's.

Michael,

James Gordon once posted that the amount he had left from donations should last till December 24. But then Invision began charging more and the balanced dropped quickly. (It was at that time that I started the GoFundMe campaign.)

I recall that James discussed the billing with Invision. I don't know what was said, but I can say that the monthly payment has remained at the lower $70 since then.

I think that what you recall seeing was James's post. I've never posted anything stating how long the balance would last.

Please give what you can afford.

Even if its just ten bucks.

We cannot endanger the life of this forum.

It is too valuable.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Just to let you know that, included in my donation of 75 USD was 25 USD from my friend in Italy (the WWII militaria-collector).  He won't become a member as his English is worse than mine (we correspond in French), but he tries to follow all the discussions about the Italian rifle and ammo.   Well, you have supporters in Italy ! 

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

There were 11 donations in the first four days, now 1 - 4 days later.  Ranging from Jean's $75 down to one of $5.  It all helps.  We are up to $440.

In another thread Sandy mentioned the site costs $70 a month, I.E., $840 a year.  Last year we were down to 2-3 months when this was started, 1 month or less before another year was secured.  Which is why a cushion was sought as a goal, and achieved.  In that thread Sandy said there is about $400 (Including administrator's contributions This year?) left, enough for 5 months. So, we are close to a year.  Thanks to the cushion, including administrator's contributions this year, and a dozen of us. 

In that same other thread, I believe Sandy mentioned a goal of $1400.  A worthy goal that would give us several months over a year, as a cushion before we need to do this again.  At this point, $1000 would be nice for security of the site.  We are almost half-way to that.  $1400 would be even better, I believe about what he said was raised last year.

No one has to pay to join this site.  No annual dues.  It doesn't exist without US.  Several of the dozen contributing members so far don't post that much.  There are several dozen members who do who post frequently or occasionally who have not yet donated.  Along with lots of visitors who peruse the site, some I'd guess frequently.

Ultimately, if We want to keep commenting or reading it takes contributions from several if not most of US.

As Jim mentioned, there is no place like it.  Maybe even Cliff and Kirk can agree on that?  The Education Forum JFK Debate has certainly educated me.

Any contribution, no matter how large or small appreciated by all.

Fundraiser by Sanford Larsen : The Education Forum (gofundme.com) 

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

As Jim mentioned, there is no place like it.  Maybe even Cliff and Kirk can agree on that?

Absolutely.  I contribute every fund drive.  I have some technical issues plaguing me at the moment, but I'll get through it...

Thank you, Cliff for your most generous contribution on behalf of all here.  I wasn't trying to single out you or Kirk, just that we all are needed to keep the place funded because it's the only alternative in the US/UK.  

We're up to $575.  Enough to keep it alive for 8 months.  We need those contributions of 1/5th, 1/4, half or more or yours to keep it going another year.  I.E., can a few more posters on the site or readers of it donate maybe $20-25 bucks (or more?).  If they want to keep posting, or perusing?

Edited by Ron Bulman