The Education Forum

Enrique Ernesto Pugibet deathbed confession

Leslie Sharp

22 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

. . Jean Pierre Lafitte, author of the documents central to our story, enters the following in his loosely constructed day by day account of what was going on in his world in November 1963: 

Lamy coming 

—hotel

—Souetre

Wednesday, November 13, 1963

Lamy -Filiol at hotel 

Call Storey. Du valle

DeM

—rifle into bulding

yes/ok/DPD

(Duum)
Wednesday, November 20, 1963

One of La Cagoule’s most notorious assassins who often dealt with [French monarchist Henri] d'Astier was Jean Paul Robert Filliol, spelled consistently with a single “l” by Lafitte. With the Vichy government formed in France, Filliol became the Cagoule’s chief and most trusted assassin, an infamous killer known throughout Europe. Filliol, a tall, athletic man with classic features and intense dark eyes — who, during the 1940s, sported a Hitler-like mustache and always wore a black glove on his near-useless right hand — was born into a working-class family in Bergerac, France. Filliol served briefly during World War I, and then worked as a salesman for the newspaper and publishing company, Hachette. Around 1935, he opened a bookstore and had the time to cofound the Cagoule alongside Eugene Deloncle. Like Deloncle, Jean Paul was a virulent racist and anti-Semite, who could spout noxious rants on demand. Filliol was also a man of sharp contradictions, who faithfully attended Roman Catholic Mass weekly and claimed to love his brothers and sisters as God intended, provided they weren’t non-white or Jewish. He was said to enjoy good food and wine and had a foul mouth and violent nature that often teetered into blood lust.    

Shortly after the Cagoule was founded, Filliol began moving about Paris with “his own assassination team, which included twenty-seven-year-old Fernand Jakubiez and twenty-eight-year-old Andre Tenaille, both of whom shared Filliol’s penchant for action but lacked his intelligence. Weapons and violence obsessed Filliol, who was a risk-taker by nature and always inclined toward overkill. He seems to have been a true terrorist in outlook, who sought to use violence to make a terrifying statement to those who witnessed the crime scenes he left behind.” 

Within months of La Cagoule’s formation, Filliol became head of the group’s Section Terroriste, and many of his fledgling assassins were in their late teens or early twenties. Beyond debate, Filliol was a pathological, homicidal assassin who appeared perfectly suited to the job of murder and was dissatisfied if he wasn’t either killing someone or planning a lethal attack on targeted victims, regardless of their age or sex. Filliol was notorious for kneeling over his dead victims and asking: “Lord, must we cut all their throats?” In his vicious escapades, he was often accompanied by his beautiful, mysterious mistress, and eventual wife, Alice Lamy, who, by all accounts, shared his maniacal ways. . . .

. . . With his letter to Dir. J. Edgar Hoover, [self-acknowledged amateur detective Paul] Gluc then living outside Paris, has provided us independent corroboration that Filiol, Lamy and Litt were known associates and that they were in Dallas, and as noted, he did so as early as March 1964. We also see, perhaps for the first time outside of cryptic reports that revealed a smattering of facts, that the FBI was made aware of the possibility that known assassin Jean Souetre had been in Dallas. Yes, Gluc could have simply picked up on the obscure rumors about Souetre being expelled from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but there was no known trail in the public domain of the presence of Filiol, Lamy and/or Litt in Dallas that would tie the three to Jean Souetre, nor was it known that the Stoneleigh Hotel housed them in the lead up to November 22.

11:30 meet Warsaw (+hotel) with T.   

Hjalmar / Ilse - Get $

—Thursday, November 7, 1963

In 1963, the Stoneleigh Hotel was within walking distance of one of Dallas’ most respected old-world European style restaurants, the Old Warsaw. 

The reader is reminded that not only did Leo Corrigan Properties own the buildings that housed Jack Ruby’s clubs, it owned the Stoneleigh Hotel described by Lafitte’s daughter as the family’s preferred accommodation in Dallas. 

Corrigan’s father had also purchased The Adolphus and maintained family ownership of the famed hotel under the banner of the Dallas Hotel Co. His board (and no doubt investors) included Robert G. Storey, Jr. and R. L. Thornton, Jr., of Lakewood State Bank and Mercantile National Bank respectively. . . . 

and full circle to Alan Kent's essay on Enrique Ernesto Pugibet, the subject of this EF thread:

. . . Before departing the Stoneleigh — and although the project manager for the Dallas operation makes no mention of him by name — there is reason to conclude that Enrique Ernesto Pugibet, a former member of the French resistance and gunman for hire posing as a cattle rancher, checked into the same hotel at the same time, not by chance but by design. According to attorney Bernard Fensterwald, whose investigations unearthed facts few had ever pursued in earnest, he had the opportunity to talk with then FBI informant Allen Wright and to document the essence of what Wright had tried to tell New Orleans DA Jim Garrison. Fensterwald’s notes were summarized by researcher Mary Ferrell whose collection served as the “mother ship” of assassination files for decades. 

According to Wright, Ernesto Puijet [sic] checked into the Stoneleigh Hotel in Dallas on November 19, 1963. Wright further alleged that the hired gunman was still in Dallas on November 22, 1963. The individual in question was Enrique Ernesto Pugibet, who according to FBI informant NY T-1, was a prized and protected FBI source at the time and involved directly in a political assassination. Wright says that Pugibet had killed Jose Almoina Mateos, former secretary to Trujillo, in Mexico, in May 1960, and upon his return to the Dominican Republic, Pugibet was given a new automobile with a driver, allowed to carry a pistol, provided a home in Ciudad Trujillo, and assumed a very high position in “Radio Caribe.”

This is remarkable!

From the Pugibet datebook, Nov. 20: 

"Je suis situé à Stone. hôtel"

This Pugibet entry appears to verify the Lafitte datebook. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Bill Fite thank you so much for this translation.  I'm passing it on to Alan Kent who has been in hot pursuit of Pugibet.

I too was concerned by the suggestion the confession was paid for.  I wondered if there was something lost in translation.

No problem.   If he or anyone else is interested in possible follow-up articles, I found that one by searching on the author's name, Cedric Meletta, and not Pugibet.

9 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

No problem.   If he or anyone else is interested in possible follow-up articles, I found that one by searching on the author's name, Cedric Meletta, and not Pugibet.

I'm interested in his other titles, particularly Diaboliques
Their names are Andrée Cotillon, Alice Mackert, Juliette Goublet, Rudolphina Kahan, Waltraute Jacobson, Hélène de Tranzé or Maud Champetier de Ribes. Concubine, muse, spy, slum whore, belle of the day, intellectual or broke aristocrat: they mixed with the underworld, lent a hand to the Gestapo, soaked in all the bad things of the Collaboration. These women took part in roundups of children, served as touts for the sinister Doctor Petiot or tracked down resistance fighters in the Vercors alongside the occupier. Cédric Meletta followed in the footsteps of these adventurers, predators or criminals unearthing their destiny from the secrets of the archives, as in a Modiano novel. Most were prosecuted and condemned after the Liberation, some shot during summary executions.
The author does not retry their trial. He immerses himself in the history of each one, probes their dark soul, like one reopens buried files, and gives us a fascinating picture of this period whose atmosphere and intrigues he restores with great psychological finesse and a keen sense of detail and anecdote. His story is as much of a historian as of a novelist, who knows how to decipher the ambiguities, the pretenses, the play of shadows and manipulations behind the truth of the facts.

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This is remarkable!

From the Pugibet datebook, Nov. 20: 

"Je suis situé à Stone. hôtel"

This Pugibet entry appears to verify the Lafitte datebook. 

tu as laissé tomber ta tétine?
How is Mr. Koch, btw? I haven't seen him around.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Benjamin Cole Speaking in/of French, I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask what you know about Paul-Louis Weiller's financial contribution to Richard Nixon's presidential campaign?  Weiller, a leading French industrialist both before and after WWII was also the principal financier and a leader of the Union Corse.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/articles/biden-trump-the-cia-reflections-in-a-dark-mirror-nixon-vs-helms-1971

Edited by Leslie Sharp

5 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Benjamin Cole I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask what you know about Paul-Louis Weiller's financial contribution to Richard Nixon's presidential campaign?  Weiller, a leading French industrialist both before and after WWII was also the principal financier and a leader of the Union Corse.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/articles/biden-trump-the-cia-reflections-in-a-dark-mirror-nixon-vs-helms-1971

The is a strong article you cite, and the article itself cites by authentic sources that can be checked. 

According to the Kirkus review of the book, The Marseille Connection---

"However, his (author McCallion) questionable evidence for this assertion (Weiller as drug kingpin) is largely limited to a 1968 meeting in which Weiller agreed to contribute $2 million to Nixon’s campaign. Overall, the book does raise intriguing possibilities. However, it offers conjecture rather than a resolution of “The Major Unsolved Crime of the 20th Century.” In the end, it largely fails to support its theory that mobsters had an “unholy alliance” with the Nixon administration and the CIA.

---30---

From more reputable sources, it appears Nixon was "mobbed up" from back to his Southern California days. Chuck Colson famously said "the mob got its hooks into Nixon" back then. 

I wonder if the $2 million Weiller campaign donation (a lot of dough back in the those days) ever materialized. 

As much as I regard Nixon as lacking scruples, a mere meeting is not proof of guilt or affiliation in this or any other circumstance.

This is the old "guilt by association" tired saw, in which any two people ever photographed together, or having had a single meeting, are said to serious allies and confederates. Politicians, by the nature of their office, meet thousands and thousands of people every year. Nixon, or JFK, or LBJ, or Clinton, or Trump. 

Given the ever-widening circle of JFKA suspects and allies you have suggested, you might be better off with a shorter list of people you do not suspect in the JFKA. 

I was eight years old and living in Southern California at the time.  

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The is a strong article you cite, and the article itself cites by authentic sources that can be checked. 

According to the Kirkus review of the book, The Marseille Connection---

"However, his (author McCallion) questionable evidence for this assertion (Weiller as drug kingpin) is largely limited to a 1968 meeting in which Weiller agreed to contribute $2 million to Nixon’s campaign. Overall, the book does raise intriguing possibilities. However, it offers conjecture rather than a resolution of “The Major Unsolved Crime of the 20th Century.” In the end, it largely fails to support its theory that mobsters had an “unholy alliance” with the Nixon administration and the CIA.

---30---

From more reputable sources, it appears Nixon was "mobbed up" from back to his Southern California days. Chuck Colson famously said "the mob got its hooks into Nixon" back then. 

I wonder if the $2 million Weiller campaign donation (a lot of dough back in the those days) ever materialized. 

As much as I regard Nixon as lacking scruples, a mere meeting is not proof of guilt or affiliation in this or any other circumstance.

This is the old "guilt by association" tired saw, in which any two people ever photographed together, or having had a single meeting, are said to serious allies and confederates. Politicians, by the nature of their office, meet thousands and thousands of people every year. Nixon, or JFK, or LBJ, or Clinton, or Trump. 

Given the ever-widening circle of JFKA suspects and allies you have suggested, you might be better off with a shorter list of people you do not suspect in the JFKA. 

I was eight years old and living in Southern California at the time.  

Right, I especially appreciate your citations of Nixon "in his own words." Considering what is now known, that Bay of Pigs thing can be interpreted to confirm one's bias, as you obviously know. Might it have been a ruse to draw attention from intense scrutiny of what is presented in The Marseille Connection?

I see that you rely on soundbite Kirkus reviews of McCallion's book instead of waiting to read it in its entirety before drawing conclusions.  Who do you think you're fooling?

And thank you for the lecture on propinquity, a phenomena that holds up in lower court RICO cases in particular. The lunch at Le Cote Basque is hardly evidence of nothing other than a photo op. By then, Weiller had Air France and Aerospatiale under his belt so, unless you think he and Nixon limited their lunch to discussion of political ideologies, I suspect $$$$$ was the impetus and I suspect Weiller picked up the check.

Beyond that silliness, had you read the book, and had you the courage to venture into Nixon's other controversial benefactors including Romanian industrialist Nicolai Malaxa (who favored and helped fund the Iron Guard), you would better appreciate TMC.  And obviously you missed the connections between the Corsican Brotherhood and "the hooded ones" La Cagoule founded by Eugenie Deloncle who is carefully studied in TMC. Unfortunately McCallion failed to include Deloncle's longstanding association with Jean Paul Robert Filliol, which brings us full circle to the Stoneleigh Hotel and Enrique Ernesto Pugibet, November 1963.  "That Whole Bay of Pigs Thing" indeed.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Benjamin Cole' . . . The reader also met Jean Paul Robert Filiol early in this investigation. Like Lee Harvey Oswald, Filiol failed to complete high school. He gravitated toward fierce patriotism, rejected his parents’ Protestantism and became an ardent Roman Catholic, attending Mass regularly. Like Oswald, he joined the military, serving in the French army on active duty for about two years. After similar lackluster attempts at earning a living, Filiol embarked on his radical, fascist activities. Along the way, he met a violence prone French girl, Alice Renee Lamy, and together they proceeded down the trail of murder and mayhem, ending up in the Stoneleigh Hotel in Oak Lawn, Dallas, on the eve of the assassination of John Kennedy. Whether they were “along for the ride,” or active participants is yet to be determined, but with certainty, Otto, Ilse and the project manager were aware of the presence of the maniacal couple.' — Alan Kent

4 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Benjamin Cole' . . . The reader also met Jean Paul Robert Filiol early in this investigation. Like Lee Harvey Oswald, Filiol failed to complete high school. He gravitated toward fierce patriotism, rejected his parents’ Protestantism and became an ardent Roman Catholic, attending Mass regularly. Like Oswald, he joined the military, serving in the French army on active duty for about two years. After similar lackluster attempts at earning a living, Filiol embarked on his radical, fascist activities. Along the way, he met a violence prone French girl, Alice Renee Lamy, and together they proceeded down the trail of murder and mayhem, ending up in the Stoneleigh Hotel in Oak Lawn, Dallas, on the eve of the assassination of John Kennedy. Whether they were “along for the ride,” or active participants is yet to be determined, but with certainty, Otto, Ilse and the project manager were aware of the presence of the maniacal couple.' — Alan Kent

LS-

Who is not a suspect in the JFKA?

Yes, I think Nixon was referring to the JFKA when he said that "whole Bay of Pigs thing." So did Haldeman. So suspects Jeff Morley. 

You have to remember, people living in the same neighborhood, or checking into the same hotel, or having one meeting, does not mean they assassinated Kennedy, or assisted thereof. 

My best guess is CIA Miami Station, a small number of mercs and Cuban exiles, and the patsy LHO. 

I cannot prove my case.

11 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

LS-

Yes, I think Nixon was referring to the JFKA when he said that "whole Bay of Pigs thing." So did Haldeman. So suspects Jeff Morley. 

You have to remember, people living in the same neighborhood, or checking into the same hotel, or having one meeting, does not mean they assassinated Kennedy, or assisted thereof. 

My best guess is CIA Miami Station, a small number of mercs and Cuban exiles, and the patsy LHO. 

I cannot prove my case.

I understand now why you never pursued a career as a detective let alone DA. It requires a certain wiring that circumvents rigid compartmentalization of fact. You must soar with the eagles occasionally.

And with all due respect, unfortunately Jeff seems to still be chasing Cubans six decades later despite being privy to new material that both converges and alters the course.

CIA's Garland Williams, likely more knowledgable than Jeff and numerous reporters on the topic, told Hank they would never use Cubans in an op like Dallas.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

LS-

I cannot prove my case.

Before you descend too far down that rabbit hole, Ben, let me suggest a few things to ponder.

Do you really think those guys would have murdered JFK on their own, an enormous and risky task, without the knowledge and participation of Allen Dulles and Lyndon Johnson?

Do you think your killers had anything to do with  the coverup?  With designating Oswald as the patsy?  If not, do you think they were willing to murder Kennedy anyway and take their chances afterward?

JFK pledged not to invade Cuba as part of the missile crisis settlement.  For all practical purposes, that promise died with his death. History shows us US presidents do not think they are bound by promises, actions, or even some treaties made by previous office holders.  So, did LBJ double cross the killers by refusing to invade Cuba or confront the Soviet Union after Kennedy was eliminated?  Being outside the Washington power structure, I assume there was no way they could get assurances beforehand from LBJ that he would overthrow Castro as they wanted. 

Johnson stopped investigations by Congress and the Texas AG, and instead created the WC to frame Oswald and prevent a real inquiry. Why wouldn't Johnson have instead pounced on the real killers you identify?  To become a  hero  in the eyes of the public (perhaps as part of his reelection campaign).  Your killers would have been easier to frame--they had a clear motive--than Oswald.  But Johnson knew who did it, as did much of official Washington

Do you think Kennedy's murder was an isolated incident, separate from the killings that followed of Malcolm, King, and RFK, once the killers saw how easy it was to get away with. I assume you have no similar theory that folks you finger also were involved with those murders. 

Forgive me, Ben, but attempting to "solve" the JFKA while ignoring its context and after effects--and having a clear idea about its purpose--is one of the biggest problems of a lot of researchers.  Time to raise your sights; maybe read some Salandria

28 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:
Before you descend too far down that rabbit hole, Ben, let me suggest a few things to ponder.

Do you really think those guys would have murdered JFK on their own, an enormous and risky task, without the knowledge and participation of Allen Dulles and Lyndon Johnson?

Do you think your killers had anything to do with  the coverup?  With designating Oswald as the patsy?  If not, do you think they were willing to murder Kennedy anyway and take their chances afterward?

JFK pledged not to invade Cuba as part of the missile crisis settlement.  For all practical purposes, that promise died with his death. History shows us US presidents do not think they are bound by promises, actions, or even some treaties made by previous office holders.  So, did LBJ double cross the killers by refusing to invade Cuba or confront the Soviet Union after Kennedy was eliminated?  Being outside the Washington power structure, I assume there was no way they could get assurances beforehand from LBJ that he would overthrow Castro as they wanted. 

Johnson stopped investigations by Congress and the Texas AG, and instead created the WC to frame Oswald and prevent a real inquiry. Why wouldn't Johnson have instead pounced on the real killers you identify?  To become a  hero  in the eyes of the public (perhaps as part of his reelection campaign).  Your killers would have been easier to frame--they had a clear motive--than Oswald.  But Johnson knew who did it, as did much of official Washington

Do you think Kennedy's murder was an isolated incident, separate from the killings that followed of Malcolm, King, and RFK, once the killers saw how easy it was to get away with. I assume you have no similar theory that folks you finger also were involved with those murders. 

Forgive me, Ben, but attempting to "solve" the JFKA while ignoring its context and after effects--and having a clear idea about its purpose--is one of the biggest problems of a lot of researchers.  Time to raise your sights; maybe read some Salandria

Well argued, Roger.  At the risk of a center of the universe mindset, I would venture Benjamin's contribution to this particular thread is more designed to attack Hank Albarelli's investigation which uncovered the Lafitte material than to actually discuss the assassination in the specifics.  Ergo my engaging him through his own writings which seem intended to exonerate Nixon of any association with the very cadre behind the suspects identified by Lafitte. He seems unable or unwilling to consider the likelihood the Cubans served as perfect collective patsies all these decades.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Roger Odisio said:

RO-

I have read Salandria, and admire his thinking, and I am well aware of the historical context regarding the JFKA. 

That is far from proof that Allen Dulles (himself a mere cat's paw for globalists) organized the JFKA. Others suspect Angleton, and now the name Bruce Solie is surfacing. We have also whack-a-doodle theories involving Pugibet and datebook and Hitler-as-Trump. 

But back to history---

Ponder this event:

"Gunfire erupted on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on March 1, 1954, when four Puerto Rican nationalists shot at random from the spectators' galleries, shouting “Viva Puerto Rico libre!”—“Long live free Puerto Rico!” Five members of Congress were injured, one seriously."

---30---

The perps of the 1954 shooting were not that concerned with escaping, and more concerned with making a point. 

The JFKA perps may have been more concerned with revenge (incorrectly perceiving the BoP) than much else. 

I took a stab at explaining the JFKA above, all IMHO.

If I had to guess, the RFK murder resulted from a conspiracy (though how Thane Eugene Cesar fired without being seen is a puzzle), and MLK too. 

That is a long way from proving who was behind those murders, and if they were connected in terms of perps. Potshots were taken at President Ford too, after all. 

BTW, whether or not the globalists-Deep State murdered JFKA, that element has grown 100-fold in the last 60 years. 

The huge globalist commercial enterprises of today--Apple, Disney, Walmart, Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, GM, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft--dwarf the old globalists, who were primarily involved in agriculture or resource extraction.  

The new globalists have combined with the Deep State, one with 100 times the surveillance and intel tools that existed in 1964. 

The new globalists do not need to assassinate anybody. They run the show, and can ruin anyone, and made the idea of non-interventionist nationalism a dirty word (while globalism is 100 times more imperialistic and warmongering than modern nationalism). 

Biden is the latest puppet-dictator-in-chief to ascend the throne, and he has done a snuff job on the JFK Records Act. Connect the dots as you wish. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole