The Education Forum

Enrique Ernesto Pugibet deathbed confession

Leslie Sharp

@Jean Ceulemans I assumed, but wanted to confirm. We speak to that history.  it was during those years Filiol came in contact with Otto Skorzeny. 

Of possible interest, and you likely saw this previously on the thread, Pugibet spent several of his formative years active in the Vichy Youth. One source claims he co-founded a cell. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Jean Ceulemans apologies for the awkward format of my responses but the “quote” feature isn’t working on my iPad. I’ll respond in sequence to yours.

I have one photo captioned as Alice that resembles what one associates with a “mug shot.”  Hank Albarelli located another which is clearly a mug shot but it has disappeared from my photo file. I’ve searched for hours and cant find it, but there’s a possibility another of his confidants received it as well. I’ll keep you posted.

If you haven’t had an opportunity, under a separate comment I’ll post the excerpt from Coup related to one particularly violent episode attributed to the couple. I am keen to get your informed perspective. (Even in death, one shouldn’t be accused of heinous behavior without credible evidence. Families suffer the stigma for generations.)

Have you by chance read Kenneth McCallion’s recent book, “The Marseille Connection”?

I have not read “The Marseille Connection”.  

In the period 2005-2010 I spend some time in France (some relatives living there in those days), that's when I read most of the French books on collaboration, etc   Before that I was reading the Belgian books on the topic, got interested because of what my family had learned me about WWII (they had hidden a Jewish child, etc,) I Later learned this girl had moved to the USA and donated some things to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, they mentioned my family (I had no idea at the time, this reminds me I have to send them some more information, oops). If you Google Betti Blaugrund (the girl) and you'll find the surnames of my grandparents on the Museum's website. Yad Vashem has more information on the other family members of Betti in Brussels. 

19 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Jean Ceulemans you speak or read French?  Did you mention Betti in another comment? For some reason this story sounds familiar. I’ll google.

Yes I do, in Belgium we have 3 official languages :

- Dutch (my first language as I life in Flanders and spend all my school years in Flemish speaking schools),

- French (my second language, I got mandatory French lessons for 6 years and worked for some time for a French company later on in life,

- The 3rd official language is German (since Belgium took a part of Germany post WWII), I took German lessons, for about 2 years I believe it was.  

- That's 3, but I also opted for English as a fourth language (later on I worked over 8 years for a US company where we only used English in reporting etc), and my sister moved to the US and married an American.

@Jean Ceulemans hugely valuable arrows in your quiver when pursuing this material. I envy you. I’ve recently wondered if the assassination investigation suffered early on because of a simple lack of access and language skills.  Many of the early revelations of the international component of the plot were never published in English... ergo, lost to the predominate “American cell” of ‘the community.’ (I won’t get into the issue of myopic exceptionalism. If it doesn’t pertain to Cuba or Vietnam, it’s not relevant.)

Have you come across the name Paul Gluc? He attempted to alert J. Edgar Hoover of the French connection.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

On 11/16/2023 at 9:13 PM, Leslie Sharp said:

And presumably, you'll be alble to meet the high bar set by Albarelli in his public testament as to provenance and authenticity of the Pierre Lafitte datebook.

"The high bar" ? That "high bar" apparently means not allowing the research community access to the "datebook" to determine the alleged "authenticity" for themselves, while simultaneously attacking anyone who expresses (perfectly reasonable) doubts. Until that happens, proceeding as if the Lafitte story is true is utter folly.

The high bar is set by Hank's first book A Secret Order then A Terrible Mistake, both well documented, with extensive personal interviews.  If I recall correctly Larry Hancock among other respected researchers, respected his work.

Then through what seem fortuitous circumstances he became aware of the Laffite datebook, was able to meet Mrs. Laffite, and review portions of it.  Which resulted in Coup In Dallas.  Have you read it, or the others?

On 11/16/2023 at 3:35 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

I have, in my possession, the Pugibet datebook. 

I came across it totally incidentally, and through someone who had no idea of my interest in the JFKA. 

Unfortunately, I have signed NDA with a filmmaker, and this datebook will not be available to be authenticated. 

Pugibet was behind the wooden fence, armed with CVA Scout v2 pistol, that fires 6.5 WCC rounds. He placed this pistol under his waistband.

Pugibet immediately left the ground behind the wooden stockade, then met a Dallas police officer and then a sheriff, but showed them Secret Service ID. Puginet wrote that into his datebook on 11/24, before it was known to the public that such an encounter had taken place. 

The datebook has an 11/20 entry, "Op +'ed by AD" which means the operation was approved by Allen Dulles. 

Ben:

when will we be able to see the film presenting Pugibet's story? Will the details (the datebook itself) be made public after the film is out?

19 minutes ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Ben:

when will we be able to see the film presenting Pugibet's story? Will the details (the datebook itself) be made public after the film is out?

I am entangled in NDAs. I am hoping to coordinate the Pugibet datebook with the Lafitte datebook.

A lot of cross-fertilization could happen.

21 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Jean Ceulemans hugely valuable arrows in your quiver when pursuing this material. I envy you. I’ve recently wondered if the assassination investigation suffered early on because of a simple lack of access and language skills.  Many of the early revelations of the international component of the plot were never published in English... ergo, lost to the predominate “American cell” of ‘the community.’ (I won’t get into the issue of myopic exceptionalism. If it doesn’t pertain to Cuba or Vietnam, it’s not relevant.)

Have you come across the name Paul Gluc? He attempted to alert J. Edgar Hoover of the French connection.

I have only read what has been posted here about Paul Gluc and his letters

I noticed his son was referenced to as a Thierry Baudin ?  In France it would be really odd for a son to not use his father's surname.  Unless he wasn't French or Gluc was an alias

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

19 hours ago, Stu Wexler said:

You are joking, correct?

No Stu, he is engaged in pranking, trolling, or newly forbidden forum transgressions of stalking, taunting or harassing another member.

There is no Pugibet datebook , though research on him might prove fruitful.