The Education Forum

Enrique Ernesto Pugibet deathbed confession

Leslie Sharp

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

I'm not obligated to tell you zilch about those or any other topics, and I will continue to dismiss your entire line of research until the LaFitte "datebook" is properly authenticated and verified for ALL assassination researchers to examine.

Deathbed confessions are germane to this thread. Why would you hesitate to weigh in on comparable confessions of  Hunt and Marcello — confessions that have been "cows of a sacred nature" to many in 'the community' resulting in decades-long distractions. 

Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're weighing in on a thread you find so irritating? challenging? unsettling?

FYI, Prior to launching this thread, I word searched Pugibet and found only this (see below) which mentions Lee (presumably Farley), but not a full dedicated thread.  Interesting to note that Howard asks, "did Pugibet have a connection with Jean Souetre, or any of that crowd?"  

Oh hell Lee, don't sell yourself short, they're more than interesting. I have been following them with considerable interest, Pugibet.... the guy is definitely a 'cog in the old wheel,' to say the least. The Stoneleigh Hotel is also more than just the usual, it's just that for me all you can glean is that it was 'a popular place for JFK related figures to meet'.....maybe I am missing something.

The Sheraton Hotel is another, Oswald is seen with D. A. Phillips there as Veciana is entering.....would make a nice scene in a movie.

Getting back to Pugibet....

The question I keep asking myself is did Pugibet have a connection with Jean Souetre, or any of that crowd?

One wonders....

I don't know if you're interested but here is an article that describes the untimely demise of some of the players from that whole era, I was going to post it on the Pugibet thread, but what the heck.....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

One might think friends of George Herbert Walker Bush or George De Mohrenschild might have stayed there in the past. Maybe LBJ or Dulles, Hoover, more?

Dallas Hotel Celebrates 100 Years of History (dallasexpress.com)

de Mohrenshildt lived next door to the Stoneleigh for a period of time, as did his friend Paul Raigordsky, in the Maple Terrace.  Both the Terrace and the Stoneleigh Hotel were owned by Corrigan Properties whose other investments included the Oak Lawn building leased by Jack Ruby for his Vegas Club. Leo Corrigan's son in law, Ed Jordan, was a VP at the Mercantile Bank whose tenants included Hunt Oil.

Corrigan also purchased the Adolphus Hotel some decades earlier; on the Adolphus board was one of Dallas's favorite sons, esteemed oil atty./ retired Col. Robert G. Storey who would serve as laision to Allen Dulles of the Warren Commission on behalf of the city of Dallas in the weeks following the murder of Kennedy. Col. Storey, along with Leon Jaworski (who was counsel of record to Schlumberger Oil Services) served on the legal staff to Judge Jackson during the Nuremberg Trials. Storey was fully apprised of the evidence of Otto Skorzeny's crimes.  Serving under Storey was Col. H. V. Williams who would return to the states to resume his role with NY based global real estate firm Previews Inc. which would, from the mid-fifties on, lucratively employ and provide a cover for Otto's wife Ilse as she pursued their international interests.  

In May of 1963, Leo Corrigan's architect of record in Dallas, T.E. Stanley would be among the first tenants of the building he designed for the corner of Rawlins and Wellborn in Oak Lawn; other tenants of the small building included Previews Inc., Ilse's employer.  Prior to moving into Oak Lawn Plaza, the president of Previews, John Tysen, had used Corrigan's Adolphus for his office address. Both Corrigan and Tysen were heavily invested in development in the Bahamas as was Hjalmar Schacht, known to have had lunch with Ilse Skorzeny in Dallas on November 7, 1963, at the Old Warsaw in the Maple area adjacent to the Oak Lawn neighborhood and a stone's throw from the Stoneleigh Hotel ... and full circle to Pugibet's arrival on November 22 just two days after known French assassins Alice Lamy and Jean Filiol checked in.

7 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Leslie, I read the linked article. It doesn't say whether the confession was recorded in any way or if Pugibet wrote it down before he died. Do you by chance know if it was recorded or if Pugibet wrote it down? 

Michael, I've not yet read the book referenced in the article.  For now, the publisher's blurb (courtesy Google translate):

(note: I find it fascinating that some on this forum dismiss new information "out of hand" without considering the possibility they have either innocently missed, deliberately dismissed, or purposefully buried significant clues for decades.  Seems to me Pugibet is likely one of those clues that is tied directly to Jean Rene Souetre. In a future thread, I will present circumstantial evidence that Souetre as a prime suspect was purposely buried beginning in 1998.)

The Second Shooter - New Revelations About the JFK Assassination By Cédric Meletta

On November 22, 1963, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was shot dead in Dealey Plaza in Dallas. The images of the assassination of the 35th President of the United States shake all of America and quickly travel around the world. Sixty years later, the mystery of this attack has still not been solved. After the recent declassification of thousands of secret defense documents by the American authorities, a new lead has surfaced. Botched interrogations, obstructed investigations, relationships in high places: an individual seems to have been strangely exonerated from the FBI's first conclusions. This book, the result of an unprecedented investigation into the heart of American archives, reveals the name of a new suspect, Henry Pugibet. This former leader of a Vichy youth movement, close to the Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo as well as the godfathers of the Florida mafia, was in close contact with most of the alleged sponsors of the assassination. Thanks to dozens of pseudonyms and false papers, he managed to evade in-depth FBI investigations for decades. Why was he never brought to justice? What was the nature of his links with the all-powerful CIA of Allen Dulles? And, above all, what was he doing in Dallas on the day of the crime? After several years of research, Cédric Meletta puts forward in this book an original thesis concerning the most mysterious assassination of the 20th century and sheds light on the incredible journey of "Frenchy", the second potential shooter in Dallas.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

50 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

To make sure everyone on this forum, and elsewhere, knows that the theories you are continually pushing rely on an unverified, unauthenticated "datebook."

To make sure everyone on this forum is aware: Jonathan Cohen has never seen the physical instrument yet continues to ignore Hank Albarelli's own testimony as to the provenance and authenticity of the Lafitte datebook.  And more pathetic, in spite of Hank putting his professional career on the line, Jonathan — who to my knowledge is an unpublished amateur researcher — considers himself a qualified authority on the Lafitte records and Hank's investigation?

Enough is enough. I formally and publicly challenge you @Jonathan Cohen to prove your insidious insinuation (and I contend allegation) that investigative journalist H. P. Albarelli Jr. is lying in his published introduction to Coup in Dallas  (cc: @Sandy Larsen @Mark Knight and other forum administrators)

INTRODUCTION

by H. P. Albarelli Jr.

. . . Before I completed my book on Frank Olson’s murder, I had the opportunity to meet the one person who was quite close to Lafitte, his wife. I had been informed by a highly respected journalist for the New York Times, John Crewdson, that Lafitte had been living in a small town in New England for at least twelve years. By chance, I had relatives in a nearby town, and I turned to them for help in locating Lafitte. As it turned out, he was living openly with his wife. Understandably, I traveled as quickly as possible to the place where they resided, which was quite easy because I was still living in Vermont where I’d gone to write the Olson book. Of course, I shared the location and address with the DA’s office in Manhattan, but ventured there on my own. 

I was too late to find Pierre. He had passed away before my arrival. But, as said, I had the opportunity to meet his wife Rene. Our meeting was a cautious one, but I felt that by being honest about my interests and objectives an initial bond of friendship was formed. That bond grew steadily stronger through the time that Rene relocated to the Miami, Florida area. As far as I know, nobody from the Manhattan District Attorney’s office ever made the same trip I did. 

Through additional meetings with Rene, I became aware that Pierre, like George White, had kept datebooks within which he would jot down certain things, often specific to matters he was working on at the time. It was a practice that was expressly forbidden by the CIA, but Pierre and George were notorious for bending and breaking the rules. Said Rene, “He would sometimes emulate George, mainly for financial reasons, not out of any admiration or the like.”

As I’m sure you can imagine, I was especially interested in viewing and reading Lafitte’s personal writings. I respectfully made my interest known to Rene. She had agreed after thinking about it for what seemed a painfully long time. About two weeks later, she called again and said that she had become concerned about certain findings in Pierre’s materials and that she now wanted to talk with “her family’s attorney” about her concerns and liability issues. Oh, Lord, I thought, an attorney: that will surely mess everything up. But, perhaps thanks to the alignment of the stars, Rene called about a week later with good news. 

I had learned through my Olson research that Pierre and his family lived in New Orleans during the 1960s and that Pierre had been briefly employed by the William Reily Coffee Company where alleged JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald had also briefly worked in May and June 1963. I had been warned several times by writer Peter Janney, and other close friends who were also writers, to stay clear of the Kennedy assassination. “It’s a black hole that draws you in deeper and deeper, until you cannot extract yourself,” said Janney. He was right. But that’s another story that can be discussed at another time. 

What is important here is that I eventually gained conditional access to several of Lafitte’s datebooks and a precious handful of his letters. I would guess that you can imagine my surprise when I was able to make out Lee Harvey Oswald’s name in the 1963 datebook. Over a short period, I found other names connected to Oswald’s. Some identified only by initials: “O,” “OS,” “JA” and “T.” To make a long and convoluted story short, I was able to study Lafitte’s 1963 datebook. And as expected, although for entirely different reasons than my initial expectations, it was remarkable for its contents. Perhaps “remarkable” is not a strong enough word. . . .

Edited by Leslie Sharp

2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Anybody can confess to anything. I, however, have an alibi for November 22nd. I was in Provo, Utah, with a peanut butter sandwich not a Mauser.

Hey Evan, me too! I was in Provo with a peanut butter sandwich at the time.

I was living in Edgemont (a suburb of Provo) then. I was in school at the time, so really got the sandwich later.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:
2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

And you know that [he wasn't there] because ....?

Because there's zero hard evidence to support such a claim, including the unverified, unauthenticated "datebook."

"There is no known evidence he was there. Therefore, he wasn't there."

Sorry Jonathan, that doesn't follow.

37 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Hey Evan, me too! I was in Provo with a peanut butter sandwich at the time.

I was living in Edgemont (a suburb of Provo) then. I was in school at the time, so really got the sandwich later.

Tell me this isn't a diversionary tactic from discussion of Pugibet?

@Evan Marshall is it my imagination, or do you manage to take time away from writing your book(s) when anything related to the French assassins — not a couple of disgruntled Vietnam soldiers — reappears on the forum?

19 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

"There is no known evidence he was there. Therefore, he wasn't there."

Sorry Jonathan, that doesn't follow.

Similarly, because Jonathan thinks Albarelli is lying, he must surely be lying doesn't follow either. 

I have, in my possession, the Pugibet datebook. 

I came across it totally incidentally, and through someone who had no idea of my interest in the JFKA. 

Unfortunately, I have signed NDA with a filmmaker, and this datebook will not be available to be authenticated. 

Pugibet was behind the wooden fence, armed with CVA Scout v2 pistol, that fires 6.5 WCC rounds. He placed this pistol under his waistband.

Pugibet immediately left the ground behind the wooden stockade, then met a Dallas police officer and then a sheriff, but showed them Secret Service ID. Puginet wrote that into his datebook on 11/24, before it was known to the public that such an encounter had taken place. 

The datebook has an 11/20 entry, "Op +'ed by AD" which means the operation was approved by Allen Dulles. 

29 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I have, in my possession, the Pugibet datebook. 

I came across it totally incidentally, and through someone who had no idea of my interest in the JFKA. 

Unfortunately, I have signed NDA with a filmmaker, and this datebook will not be available to be authenticated. 

Pugibet was behind the wooden fence, armed with CVA Scout v2 pistol, that fires 6.5 WCC rounds. He placed this pistol under his waistband.

Pugibet immediately left the ground behind the wooden stockade, then met a Dallas police officer and then a sheriff, but showed them Secret Service ID. Puginet wrote that into his datebook on 11/24, before it was known to the public that such an encounter had taken place. 

The datebook has an 11/20 entry, "Op +'ed by AD" which means the operation was approved by Allen Dulles. 

Maybe you meant this for Rumble, or maybe Trump's Truth Social where this low IQ amateur satire seems to thrive.  

Edited by Leslie Sharp

Alan Kent writes, 'Pugibet was—like Allen Wright—a person of interest to FBI and CIA. From a documentary study focusing on him, utilizing multiple trusted FBI informants as well as statements from Pugibet himself, we find that he had been a member of the French resistance during the Second World War—as an “anti-communist” he would emphatically declare to investigators, had been a naturalized citizen of Mexico from 1947 on, and had worked for the Mexican Ministry of Agriculture and also the notorious Mexican Federal Security, on the “Communist squad.” While going through the United States—he would say on a mission for the Ministry of Agriculture—in 1959, he was deported from the US after being convicted of a crime “involving moral turpitude.” 

A source within the Mexican government advised US authorities that Pugibet had been charged in the past on various occasions with “crimes of fraud and abuse of confidence.” When, on October 23 and October 28, Pugibet voluntarily spoke to personnel at the US Embassy in Mexico City, he stated that he had been referred there by “a mutual acquaintance,” Colonel Roscoe B. Gaither, a Mexico City attorney. In fact, Gaither was not a run-of-the-mill lawyer. He was a highly connected international figure, who represented oil companies in Venezuela and Mexico, among other countries, and he was the founder of the Papantla Royalties Corporation. His intervention of Pugibet’s behalf is an indication that Pugibet had developed important connections.

Pugibet told embassy personnel that he had a background that included training in protection, and that he was closely associated with the Chief of the Presidential Staff of Mexico, General Jose Gomez Huerta. He added the information that he had been advised by a friend of his “who is Director of Presidential Security on the staff of the Mexican President, Arturo Wollfer,” that during a visit of the Mexican President to Washington D.C., the Chief of Security of the United States Secret Service, one Sr. Bauman (phonetic) had shown Wollfer a card with a photograph of Pugibet thereon, a card which had the designation thereon “Communist and possible bomb-thrower.” The skewed spelling of the Secret Service head’s name no doubt referred to the head of Secret Service during the Eisenhower administration, U. E. Baughman.

Pugibet had friends in both high and low places. An important FBI report, written in 1961 by Bureau agent Henry Thomas, notes Pugibet’s booking in Dallas in 1958 on a worthless check charge. Dallas County Sheriff's office records from this time period describe Pugibet as claiming to be a cattleman, a confirmation of the information about Pugibet given by Wright. He was described by “a source” as “the biggest crook in the world.” On entirely another level, FBI informant NY-T-2 described Pugibet as a one-time agent of Dominican Republic dictator Rafael Trujillo.

One of Pugibet’s Dallas-based friends who bridged the gap between “high and low” was Norman (Roughhouse) Rothman, a well-known operative of Santo Trafficante Jr. Pugibet is connected to Rothman in several FBI documents. Significantly, Thomas writes: “It is to be noted that information concerning the subject has been set forth in various reports in the case entitled: ‘Norman Rothman; IS-DR; RA-DR, Bureau file 97-3487. Pertinent information from this investigation…” And that is where the sentence, and any further reference to Pugibet and Rothman, stops. What appear to be pages later—not formally redacted, just missing, lead to a non-sequitur finish. It is relevant to the inquiry into Pugibet to note that both of the specific FBI Rothman files cited by Thomas have to do with Rothman’s dealings with the Trujillo government in the Dominican Republic. 

One more story emerges from the truncated Thomas report, this one both stunning and relevant to our inquiry. Pugibet was apparently involved directly in a political assassination. FBI informant NY T-1, a prized and protected FBI source “advised one Pugibet killed Jose Almoina Mateos, former secretary to Trujillo, in Mexico, in May 1960.” NY T-1’s detailed account “regarding the assassination of Jose Almoina Mateos, former Private Secretary to Generalissimo Trujillo in Mexico, in May 1960” claimed that two individuals presently being held by Mexican police on suspicion of the murder of Almoina, namely Artemio Servado Molina and Francisco Quitana Valdes, did not kill Almoina. NY T-1 said Almoina was killed by Pugibet, “who is now working for the Dominican Military Intelligence Service (SIM). NY T-I stated that Pugibet was directly involved in the murder, and that he either “drove the car, did the actual shooting, or he was the third man in the plot.” '

4 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Are you confused? 
Did you mistake Ed Forum for Rumble, or Truth Social?

Oh my,with your writing ability,this one went right over your head?

Did you need me to put a name tag on that dog?

Edited by Michael Crane