The Education Forum

Mary Haverstick's Important New Book on the JFK Assassination

On 12/1/2023 at 7:46 PM, Greg Doudna said:

So far as I can tell the human sources of the Lafitte Datebook, the physical object, Renee and Phen Lafitte, have only a single witness on earth who has stated firsthand for the record having seen either of those women in recent decades. That is the late Hank Albarelli who passed away in 2019. That means there is no known person alive on earth today who can attest to have personally seen either of those women in corporeal bodily form. Nor is there any known trace of either of those women’s corporeal existences in recent decades to be found on the internet, nor is there any known photo of either of those women in recent decades.

Phen Lafitte, said to be of Miami, but with no known mailing address, no photo, no known documentary record of existence, no known employment, no known home address, not claimed to have been witnessed in the flesh by any living person on earth, is the asserted legal 

@Greg Doudna Would you please retract your defamatory innuendo now? Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Leslie Sharp
Privacy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Greg Doudna Would you please retract your defamatory innuendo now? Many thanks in advance.

O bituary - T e le grap h, T he (Nashua, NH) - June 22, 20 0 0
June 22, 2000 | Teleg raph, The (Nashua, NH)
Reneé (Chag not) Martin, 95, of Goffstown, died Wednesday, June 21, 2000, at the Villa Crest
Retirement Community in Manchester.
Mrs. Martin was born Nov., 24, 1904 in Seloncour, France, to the late Emile and Eugenie (Guetal)
Chagnot. She later moved to New York state.
She was the widow of Jean Pierre Martin.
Mrs. Martin worked as a model in New York City. She also owned a restaurant, "Couret's" with her
first husband.
She graduated from Hunter College with an associate's degree.
Survivors include two sons, Michel E. Couret of Goffstown and Pierre X. Lafitte of Littleton; 11
grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.
T he French & Rising Funeral Home in Goffstown is in charge of arrangements.
CIT AT ION (AGLC S T YLE)
'Obituary', Teleg raph, The (online), 22 Jun 2000 ‹https://infoweb.newsbank.com/apps/news/document-view?
p=AMNEWS&docref=news/1070E0F132C65F77›
Copyrig ht 2000, 2004 The Teleg raph, Nashua, N.H. All Rig hts Reserved

I retract it.

No mention of a daughter of Renee in the obituary, maybe Phen is a granddaughter, doesnt matter, I retract. 

Quite a family and best wishes to any reading this, and I promise to never question the existence of your grandmother again! 

20 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Greg Doudna @Michael Griffith

This is a photo of Hank Albarelli's good friend and godmother to his grandson, Viola June Cobb, approx 85 yrs., taken with brothers Jasper Jr. and Tom in Houston.

Michael, you might want to share the photo with Mary?

Yes, will do. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Greg Doudna the apology should be directed to Hank Albarelli and his family and professional colleagues, Greg. 

Leslie please be specific in how you feel I have wronged Albarelli, his family and colleagues, or you. I want to know specifically what you are charging me with to avoid guessing and misunderstanding. 

On 12/1/2023 at 7:46 PM, Greg Doudna said:

So far as I can tell the human sources of the Lafitte Datebook, the physical object, Renee and Phen Lafitte, have only a single witness on earth who has stated firsthand for the record having seen either of those women in recent decades. That is the late Hank Albarelli who passed away in 2019. That means there is no known person alive on earth today who can attest to have personally seen either of those women in corporeal bodily form. Nor is there any known trace of either of those women’s corporeal existences in recent decades to be found on the internet, nor is there any known photo of either of those women in recent decades.

Phen Lafitte, said to be of Miami, but with no known mailing address, no photo, no known documentary record of existence, no known employment, no known home address, not claimed to have been witnessed in the flesh by any living person on earth, is the asserted legal holder of copyright on the Lafitte Datebook of record. 

19 minutes ago, Greg Doudna said:

Leslie please be specific in how you feel I have wronged Albarelli, his family and colleagues, or you. I want to know specifically what you are charging me with to avoid guessing and misunderstanding. 

Better still, you can review your relevant comment on this thread and clarify your meaning. Perhaps I misinterpreted.

28 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Better still, you can review your relevant comment on this thread and clarify your meaning. Perhaps I misinterpreted.

What do you want clarified about it specifically? 

Edited by Greg Doudna

2 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Greg, read your comment. If you want to rephrase, please do; otherwise I can only conclude you stand by it. 

You showed information that convinced me Albarelli's June Cobb and Renee Lafitte were who they said they were, and because those two are, I accept Phen Lafitte is as well. I retracted and deleted the post to which you refer in which I questioned that they were who they said they were. No I do not stand by that now, that is what I meant when I said I retracted it. You've convinced me, they are real people by their true names. No I do not wish to rephrase what I retracted and have deleted. I speculated on the basis of the information I had, you showed it wrong with information, I accept the correction, retracted the error and deleted the post. 

16 minutes ago, Greg Doudna said:

You showed information that convinced me Albarelli's June Cobb and Renee Lafitte were who they said they were, and because those two are, I accept Phen Lafitte is as well. I retracted and deleted the post to which you refer in which I questioned that they were who they said they were. No I do not stand by that now, that is what I meant when I said I retracted it. You've convinced me, they are real people by their true names. No I do not wish to rephrase what I retracted and have deleted. I speculated on the basis of the information I had, you showed it wrong with information, I accept the correction, retracted the error and deleted the post. 

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

@Leslie SharpI shared the photo with Mary. She said she already had it. 

I'm curious if you believe Hank or anyone in the field might have ever mistaken June for Jerrie in 2005-2015?

Mary continued to imply if not insist that either Hank was "masking" June's real identity or "she" (I couldn't determine if Mary meant Viola June or Gheraldyn) had snookered (a veiled suggestion seduced) this seasoned investigator.

Mary also reports that John Newman was unable to positively identify a photo of June. Does that suggest he hadn't  spent much time with her?

Hank on the other hand indicates that by 2011 he had amassed enough material, including private letters, diaries and interview notes to begin his manuscript (working title), CIA Femme Fatale: The Secret Life of June Cobb.  Over the ensuing four years he continued his interviews with Viola June and developed the friendship he valued to his own passing -- which ironically was three months almost to the day of Jerrie Cobb's death.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Greg Doudna @Benjamin Cole @Jonathan Cohen @Michael Griffith

The distinction between alias (meant to deceive) and pseudonym (privacy) . . .

Coincidentally, I was recently compelled to respond to an email exchange on the subject of Antonio Veciana and found myself sharing the following vignette.

Subject: Re. Veciana quote

You might not remember, xxx, but the Veciana issue prompted my pen name.

Over dinner in our home, Scott Armstrong was adamant Veciana was telling the truth. In fact, my husband had to put the meal on the back burner while we waited for Scott because he was sitting in their SUV outside our casita talking to Marie Fonzi who had just agreed to turn Gaeton's archives over to MFF.  Jeff Morley, once Scott's protégé at WaPo, was involved in the transaction. As we know, Marie is confident Veciana was highly credible.

Once we settled around the table, I boldly asserted I thought Veciana's story was sketchy. It wasn't a cavalier comment. I had reason to question detail about the encounter in Dallas. Following a lovable (but patronizing nonetheless) metaphorical pat on the head from Scott, I recognized that challenging the status quo as determined by the inner-sanctum would be, well, challenging.

Scott's wife, my dear friend, dropped off Jeff's book the following day. I flipped to the index and noted he failed to pursue Win Scott's close ties to Al Ulmer. Russ Baker had stayed with us (another story!). I knew Jeff had missed a significant opportunity, so after twenty years of research I decided to join the public online fray at jfkfacts.

I didn't want to be intimidated by the possibility my good friend Scott -- who I care for and admire deeply -- might be hovering at jfkfacts, so, Leslie Sharp took form. When I finally fessed up, his wife laughed and whispered, I understand completely. 

Hank Albarelli followed jfkfacts around that time; four years later, he found Leslie Sharp on FB and the rest is history. He had no idea my friend, now married to Armstrong, had years earlier been married to John Marks who was among Hank's valued interviews for ATM.  Strange synchronicity.

On 12/14/2023 at 12:10 PM, Michael Griffith said:

@Leslie SharpI shared the photo with Mary. She said she already had it. 

@Michael Griffith did Mary Haverstick have the names of June’s brothers who are pictured with her? Surely she attempted to interview them as well? Or did she, and I simply overlooked the reference in AWIK.

And did the photo of June in her 80s compared with photos of Jerrie Cobb The Pilot taken around the same age impact Mary Haverstick’s previous hypotheses? 

My interest is Mary’s suggestion in private that perhaps Hank Albarelli had been engaged with Jerrie Cobb, thinking she was Viola June Cobb.

From there, one is compelled to review the relevant sections of “A Secret Order” and compare the facts Albarelli uncovered against Mary’s alternative facts and subjective conclusions. Mary’s argument that June Cobb was THE QJ/WIN should spin heads.

It’s disconcerting so few in the “community” writ large have publicly challenged Haverstick or held her accountable for factual errors, inconsistencies, and misguided innuendos and assumptions found in AWIK.

“Letting the reader draw their own conclusions” fuels the parlor game atmosphere and is especially reckless when you have a mainstream powerhouse editor and publisher — with the potential of reaching a wide gullible audience — standing by the material.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

I thought we already knew who QJ WIN was, the CIA declassified his name.