The Education Forum

Mary Haverstick's Important New Book on the JFK Assassination

Respectfully, @Michael Griffith, would you please confirm that it is your contention Jerrie The Pilot was author of the October 5, 1964 report under the alias Joyce H. Pineinch that begins, Mexican communists who had contact with Oswald, as has not appeared in Warren Commission write-ups in press. All weekend, Elena Garro de Paz, Elena Paz (the daughter) and Debra Garro de Guerrero Galvan sat around recalling details of having been in a group with Oswald here last fall during the days that he was in Mexico. . . .

Please provide evidence that (skilled pilot) Jerrie Cobb and not sometimes agency asset (Viola) June Cobb (not a trained pilot) produced this report. 

If you insist on ignoring my requests that you provide detail specifics from my posts you've publicly alleged are inaccurate, I can only conclude you haven't thought this through, and that you have fallen prey to masterfully presented misinformation in AWIK. 

Otherwise, Michael, I ask that you retract your accusations. @Sandy Larsen

@Mark Knight

Edited by Leslie Sharp

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Similarly, the odds that it's a coincidence that Jerrie Cobb and June Cobb both exited the same South American jungle with a disease that scarred the same clavicle are too remote to fathom. 

Unless I missed something, I didn’t see any evidence Jerrie Cobb had a disease that scarred her clavicle, or the same kind of disease as June Cobb. 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, Greg Doudna said:

Unless I missed something, I didn’t see any evidence Jerrie Cobb had a disease that scarred her clavicle, or the same kind of disease as June Cobb. 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, Greg Doudna said:

Deliberating scars, which can be produced on demand, is kicking the can and keeping alive the false assumptions drawn by Haverstick.  

In my conversation, H. said she only took a peak at a Jerrie scar and only by accident.  There is testimony that June was hospitalized for the rare condition and in fact had a romantic relationship with her doctor. Are we to believe that was Jerrie and not June? Was he oblivious to news coverage including photos of Jerrie The Pilot? 

Are there records that Jerrie was treated for the disease, and when? My understanding is that June's case occurred years if not a decade earlier.  Has anyone tracked the number of cases, worldwide, that occurred over that time span?

This is ridiculous.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

I started reading it yesterday. It's good. It's much like a detective story. I'm only 8% into it. It's a pretty long book, but she writes in a straightforward style and it's an easy read so far. My first impression is that people curious about the Harvey and Lee theory would find it interesting.

How much merit there is to this book-if any-requires a rather lengthy study of its claims AND IF they can be proven. For me it is simple, Joint Chiefs at the top and JM Wave in Dealy plaza.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:49 AM, Denny Zartman said:

My first impression is that people curious about the Harvey and Lee theory would find it interesting.

I agree. The story been told in her book is the same as the one told in John Armstrong's book Harvey and Lee.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

So in other words, it's also complete and utter nonsense.

Interestingly, the editors of the Jerrie Cobb article in Wikipedia is taking the June Cobb allegation seriously. To my great surprise, nobody on the Talk Page is complaining about its presence in the article.

I was able to read that part of Haverstick's book in Google Books, and it is very compelling.

Jerrie Cobb was a spy who used the name June Cobb?

And she was at Redbird, and she was also the Babushka Lady?

This high profile female astronaut was being used as part of the JFK assassination plot?

Edited by James DiEugenio

14 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And she was at Redbird, and she was also the Babushka Lady?

Jim,

The author of the book, Mary Haverstick, became a friend of Jerrie Cobb's because of her plan to write a documentary of her life. In one of her interviews of Cobb, she (Cobb) admitted that she had flown some news reporters to Redbird Airport in order to cover Kennedy's Dallas trip.

That's the reason I asked above how it came about that Haverstick suspected Cobb of flying the airplane that day.

I'm taking the book more seriously now because all the forum members reading it seem to be impressed.

Haverstick could be wrong about some things, like the Babushka Lady thing, and yet may be right about some sort of doppelganger arrangement. While it is true that Jerrie Cobb was famous, it looks like the doppelganger stuff occurred later when she was no longer in the limelight.

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I have a question for readers of Haverstick's book.

How did she come up with the idea that June Cobb was the pilot of the (rumored?) airplane waiting at Redbird Airport on 11/22/63?

David Atlee Phillips indicated (testified in fact?) that June Cobb was a licensed pilot.  Albarelli and Newman, both of whom interviewed June Cobb at length, contest his claim.

I think your question, and similar questions on this thread, indicate that EF members who have actually read AWIK are unable to succicintly sum up the claims made by Haverstick simply because the foundation of the hypothesis is fatally flawed and from there, the presumptions make no sense whatsoever, ergo summation is impossible.

As I've stated previously on this thread, 
uncovering the agency employed 'doppelgängers' is hardly a revelation, yet Haverstick approached Hank in her initial (and only) phone call with, "did you know that the agency used doppelgängers?" That she was taken aback by his abrupt reaction is naive at best. Did she actually expect him to engage beyond her amateur question? Did he suspect an agenda behind her phone call?  Had June already told him that someone was hounding her for interviews? Did he know that by then June distrusted a certain research professional who Hank realized immediately was  known to Haverstick?  He leaves several clues in ASO that the Jerrie Cobb the Pilot theory was already percolating. 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

@Sandy Larsen like the Babushka Lady thing, 

That's a pretty significant thing, as are the physical identities thing (June and Jerrie were the same height and occasionally the same weight, that's it.); the impersonation of arms dealer Taaffe thing (were Jesse Vickers alive we could ask him if he was fooled); the rare disease/scar thing (no one has answered how Jerrie could have fooled June's doctor, or did she and June share attributes in bed?); or the "THE" QJ/WIN thing (this shouldn't warrant comment but it's apparent some on the EF fail to recognize the absurdity of the claim). Any one of the aforementioned should sound alarms. Setting aside Haverstick's dismissal of Otto Skorzeny (based apparently on a reference to his allgeged unsuitability for a specific op — whatever that means), what percentage of AWIK do you think should be taken seriously? 

It is incomprehensible to me that active members of this forum have bought into Haverstick's innuendo and supposition (Babushka Lady? seriously?)  — albeit woven within credible document research presented in AWIK — in spite of my having presented facts and photos that bely Haverstick's subjective assertions; yet these same members have virtually blackballed Albarelli's investigation because the primary source material hasn't been officially authenticated, a process btw described by several professionals in the field as ultimately subjective when considered in a court of law.  A paranoiac might wonder if there is an agenda in play. Even Jeff Morley, long respected for his conservative approach, has provided space on his sub stack for what a number of informed researchers have concluded is (bottom line) Haverstick's wild assertions; yet to my knowledge, to date, Jeff has not penned a word — favorable or not — about Coup in Dallas.  

Does June Cobb — NOT Jerrie Cobb The Pilot — in MC while Oswald was spotted demand the investigation go in another direction? Doesn't it lead to Tom Davis in Madrid along with June's acquaintance from the Iroquois Hotel Thomas Proctor (seen below in full Sieg Heil), then Davis' arrest and rescue in Tangier by QJ/WIN? If Gibson is significant to Haverstick's hypothesis why then didn't she more thoroughly pursue North Africa?  Might it expose MC COS Win Scott's history as chief of the Western European division of the Office of Special Operations while Otto and Ilse Skorzeny set up shop in Francoist Spain in 1952? Was Scott responsible for discrediting June Cobb in MC? Why did Haverstick dismiss the Skorzenys as bit players on this stage when in fact they played a pivotal role in the coup in Dallas? Considering Hank's friendship — well-known to most who follow the June Cobb saga — did Haverstick fail to at least peruse CiD?  Surely a ten minute phone call some six years prior wasn't sufficient reason to ignore Albarelli's broader work? Should hers be categorized as misinformation, disinformation, or simply the work of a sincere amateur to this field of inquiry? 

Edited by Leslie Sharp

49 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Sandy Larsen like the Babushka Lady thing, 

That's a pretty significant thing, as are the physical identities thing, or the impersonation of arms dealer Taaffe thing, or the rare disease thing, or the THE QJ/WIN thing. Setting aside her dismissal of Otto Skorzeny as 'unsuited' (whatever that means), what percentage of AWIK should be taken seriously? 

I think you protest too much. What are you afraid of?

55 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I think you protest too much. What are you afraid of?

I anticipated that retort, Sandy.  I'm "afraid" that this forum is not only failing to apply scrutiny evenly, it is being manipulated by unseen forces.

I refer you to my own experience here, and specifically to a 'review' of Coup posted here by Greg Doudna just nine days after CID hit the stands (did he actually read this tome in nine days?). Doudna chose to focus solely on a datebook, not its content, but the instrument he had never laid eyes on while failing to acknowledge the statements on provenance made by the (deceased) author who had put his professional reputation on the line.

Re. the Haveerstick book that you contend must be credible because forum members seem to think so: 

Can you address my bullet points one by one?  

June and Jerrie never closely resembled one another other than height. Hair color and style, as well as scars, can be manipulated but not skeletal features, or ears, mouth, eyes. June was not a licensed pilot. June was in the Amazon a decade before Jerrie.  Did June's doctor not realize he was sleeping with a well-known pilot who would soon pursue a role in the NASA programme, rather than a woman who returned ill from the Amazon who eventually went to work for him? Did his staff know the difference between a woman they likely came across in the media vs. a virtual unknown?  June, not Jerrie the Pilot, befriended Albarelli.

Are you convinced June (or Jerrie) Cobb was THE QJ/WIN  reporting directly to Harvey, overseeing hardened brutes like Harold Meltzer, Otto Skorzeny, or Pierre Lafitte? In the 1960s? Seriously?

Taaffe was an arms dealer, married to an AF captain and known to some very rough characters. Could she be effectively and persistently impersonated by Jerrie Cobb, let alone the distinctly feline June?  Was the AF captain on board?

Edited by Leslie Sharp