The Education Forum

Senator says no way it wasn’t a conspiracy.

Cory Santos

59 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Jeez Ben, nearly everybody in the modern world condemns what Netanyahu is doing. Look at the United Nations votes.

Those poor Palestinians. It's so very sad.

SL--

I appreciate your sentiments. 

This is not really the forum for an extended conversation on Israel's history, the history of Hamas, and UN complicity in the horrors of Oct 7.  I am not the world's expert on these topics anyway.

I remain shocked that there are many on the left-side of the spectrum who cannot forthrightly say as I say:

"I have not the slightest reservation in explicitly and unconditionally condemning Hamas for the atrocities on Oct. 7."

If the Democratic Party Convention to nominate Biden invites speakers from Hamas to appear as equals to the State of Israel....well, I will call the party lost. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

SL--

I appreciate your sentiments. 

This is not really the forum for an extended conversation on Israel's history, the history of Hamas, and UN complicity in the horrors of Oct 7.  I am not the world's expert on these topics anyway.

I remain shocked that there are many on the left-side of the spectrum who cannot forthrightly say as I say:

"I have not the slightest reservation in explicitly and unconditionally condemning Hamas for the atrocities on Oct. 7."

If the Democratic Party Convention to nominate Biden invites speakers from Hamas to appear as equals to the State of Israel....well, I will call the party lost. 

The party was lost when Biden green- lighted the extermination of more than 18,000 people. 

Edited by Robert Burrows

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Then the Gallagher Brothers had to start in with their political agenda about the political parties.

That is what happens when a controversial person is the subject of a thread. And it's worse because the controversy is current.

I got involved because Ben said that left-wing Democrats want to destroy Israel and Israelis. Naturally I found that to be offensive.

It looks like I am going to have to move this to Political Discussions.

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

10 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

The party was lost when Biden green- lighted the extermination of more than 18,000 people. 

Here we have Ben suggesting that Biden is pro-Hamas and Robert suggesting that Biden is pro-Netanyahu.

They cannot both be right. I believe they are both extremists in their views... polar opposites.

The truth seems to be too nuanced for many people to understand.

27 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Here we have Ben suggesting that Biden is pro-Hamas and Robert suggesting that Biden is pro-Netanyahu.

They cannot both be right. I believe they are both extremists in their views... polar opposites.

The truth seems to be too nuanced for many people to understand.

Not to belabor a point, I said the left-wing of the D-Party appears pro-Hamas, and some have even called Hamas "freedom fighters" or "the resistance." 

Talks about putting lipstick on a pig's anus. 

This, after the Oct. 7 atrocities. The same atrocities that provoked Harvard students to blame Israel for the horrors, and hold public rallies to vow destruction of Israel, and the elimination of Jews and Christians from Israel. 

Biden seems more or less OK on Israel, but he faces opposition within his own party's left wing.  

Lloyd Austin is now, or was recently in Israel, and he seems to support the war on Hamas also. 

If, to appease the left-wing, a speaker from Hamas appears at the Democratic national Convention...well, that will cause fall-out. 

Yeah, move this tired discussion offshore somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

You're right. You didn't suggest that Biden could conceivably invite Hamas members to the convention. You suggested that the DNC could conceivably do that. My paraphrasing, of course.

My apologies.

Hey, all good. 

Conservatives aim to restructure U.S. government and replace it with Trump’s vision

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/conservatives-aim-to-restructure-u-s-government-and-replace-it-with-trumps-vision

WASHINGTON (AP) — With more than a year to go before the 2024 election, a constellation of conservative organizations is preparing for a possible second White House term for Donald Trump, recruiting thousands of Americans to come to Washington on a mission to dismantle the federal government and replace it with a vision closer to his own.

Led by the long-established Heritage Foundation think tank and fueled by former Trump administration officials, the far-reaching effort is essentially a government-in-waiting for the former president’s second term — or any candidate who aligns with their ideals and can defeat President Joe Biden in 2024.

With a nearly 1,000-page “Project 2025” handbook and an “army” of Americans, the idea is to have the civic infrastructure in place on Day One to commandeer, reshape and do away with what Republicans deride as the “deep state” bureaucracy, in part by firing as many as 50,000 federal workers. </q>

Trump demands loyalty oaths.  Career civil servants will refuse and be replaced by sycophants.  The intel agencies, the military, and the DOJ will follow Trump’s orders to the letter.

Ron Johnson and Tucker Carlson use the JFKA to rally public support for a dictatorial overthrow of American institutions.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This was a perfectly fine thread about people in high office advocating for a conspiracy in the JFK case.

No, it was one MAGA Senator ultimately advocating a takeover of CIA by Trump toadies.  Sop for the gullible.

And doing so in public. And praising Douglass and Talbot.

Under Trump Jim DiEugenio might get a regular gig on Fox.

Then the Gallagher Brothers had to start in with their political agenda about the political parties.

I seriously doubt Jim knows who the Gallagher Brothers are.

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Egads. 

Is everything force-fed through the blue-red pissing wars?

False equivalence.  Trump has ordered his allies to block a bill that would provide Israel with 14 billion dollars, 62 billion for Ukraine, and significant tightening of asylum procedures.

Ben, you claim to care about all three. Where’s your denunciation of Dear Leader?