The Education Forum

Lisa Pease on RFK on Fox LA.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/30/2024 at 10:59 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Here is Part 3:  

I just went back and listened to the last half of part 3.

Notes from the 1st half.

1:00 13 bullets.

2:28 Diagram, pigs ears.

13:30 Insanity, his lawyers.

24:00 Death threats.

25:00 MKULTRA, Artichoke, Bluebird.  I never knew the last was in conjunction with the Navy.  I.E. the ONI, also the Marine Corps intelligence agency.  Implications?

From the second half.

31:30 John Meier's son, Angleton and Maheu talked on the phone all the time.

37:45 Researching testimony in the Sirhan trial at the California State Archives, pages missing.  Found in the State Supreme Court archives, all relate to hypnosis.

50:30 Dr. Dan Brown (RIP), Sirhan, the polka dot dress girl, range mode.

Dan Brown's work on this case was really interesting.

As was the association between Maheu and Angleton.

Angleton ended up with the RFK autospy photos in his files, right? I think that is in Morley's book on Angleton.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Dan Brown's work on this case was really interesting.

As was the association between Maheu and Angleton.

Angleton ended up with the RFK autospy photos in his files, right? I think that is in Morley's book on Angleton.

Yes, in The Ghost, Morley tells the story about how the RFK autopsy photos were found in a safe belonging to Angleton.

Do the RFK autopsy photos exist in the public domain or have they never been released?

On 2/2/2024 at 4:30 PM, Micah Mileto said:

Buried in Plain Sight by John Hunt is also an excellent RFK book. Totally worth the Kindle price.

Thank you for the shout-out on John's book Micah; much appreciated. It is a shame that more people have not taken the time to read this work and those who haven't... well, you reallyshould. There are very few people who know more about the assassination of RFK than the late John Hunt. And because you have read his book you also know that he conducted research and uncovered evidence that is unique to the case and reflective of John's "style."

14 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Yes, in The Ghost, Morley tells the story about how the RFK autopsy photos were found in a safe belonging to Angleton.

Do the RFK autopsy photos exist in the public domain or have they never been released?

I have never seen them in an RFK book.

Has anyone else?

On 2/1/2024 at 10:23 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I'd like to say.  I know we have a separate topic on RFK.  I think if we keep his son and politics out of it, this thread should be sustained, as others on such have been moved, for good reason.

That said, here is a very informative thread on the subject.  I'll start it out with a quote from I believe, a friend.

Gene Kelly

• Gene KellyCommunity Regular
  • Members
  • Interests:Basketball, gardening, reading, grandkids and family.

I got the book for Christmas and am reading ...  Lisa is a great researcher and investigator, and ties many points together in a credible manner.    I've read quite a bit about RFK and all the loose ends - and many good authors that preceded her - but Lisa puts another dimension onto the story.  Like getting a graduate education in the story.  

Its actually quite sad, almost depressing, to understand what happened to RFK and our country in June 1968.  I had just graduated from high school, and there was great hope that Bobby would lead the country out of the mess that was Vietnam, widespread racial tensions and questionable politicians.  He seemed a candidate of the people (all people) and someone who had moral courage and would put the country on the right path.  What a loss ... and then we got Ricard Nixon for the next 6 years.  It breaks my heart to read about what happened to him, and how brazen and brash the plotters were, including the coverup and intimidation for years to come.  

Many of my age and era lost faith in politics, government, and the ability to effect change.  Not sure the country ever quite recovered.       

Here is the thread link.

Ron

Here is a good summary of the RFK case that I once compiled, with the help of many of the excellent researchers mentioned in this thread:

There are many loose ends and puzzles associated with Kennedy’s murder. Questions remain about luring RFK into the pantry. The interaction of Cesar with Gardner is of interest. The Polka Dot girl almost seems too contrived; another obvious distraction, seen (and heard) by many witnesses, both before and after.

The crime scene was secured quickly, and evidence was controlled, like Dealey Plaza five years earlier. Los Angeles was selected in advance, with pre-staged police accomplices, attorneys and investigators, phony coroner assistants etc. The investigation and trial were rigged comprehensively from the start.

And within one year, key volumes of evidence were destroyed well in advance of any appeals. Then there is the strange behavior of Sirhan's brothers - who must have known what he was doing in the preceding months - with the authorities. One would think Sirhan's whereabouts in the previous year would have been catalogued in brute detail (like Oswald)… curious that all we get is the simple 'white fog" excuse. Most of the evidence seems to indicate a CIA modus operandi:

•    MK/Ultra aspect
•    The use of doubles
•    Questionable defense attorneys and rigged trial
•    Destruction of evidence like the Enyart photos
•    SUS affiliations of Hank Hernandez and Manny Pena,
•    the presence of Iranian intelligence officer Khan 

Gene

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Has anyone else?

Jim

Sirhan's lawyer Grant Cooper had an interesting background. A year earlier, he had travelled to Da Nang, Vietnam to defend a Marine corporal on a murder charge before a military court. Why would a Los Angeles lawyer fly all the way to Vietnam to defend a man in military court? This highly paid lawyer with no reported proclivities for lost causes nonetheless agreed to take on Sirhan’s case.

Cooper would make many strange moves, allegedly in "defense" of Sirhan. He kept the autopsy photos from being presented in court under the notion that they would cause sympathy for Kennedy and arouse even more bias against his client (albeit evidence that could have been used to absolve Sirhan of guilt).  In addition, Sirhan’s notebooks were found during an illegal search of Mary Sirhan’s house. Cooper had every reason to bar these notebooks from being admitted into evidence, but he chose not only to admit them into evidence, but even had Sirhan read portions of them from the stand. It was Cooper who supplied Sirhan the motive he lacked, claiming that he was angry that RFK was willing to provide jets to Israel. 

Gene

Well, that is kind of understating it.

There was Cooper and the Friar's Club and Rosselli, and how after his disastrous defense he got a slap on the wrist for stealing grand jury transcripts.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:59 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Has anyone else?

It seems that they have never been released.  I wonder where they are held, and at the same time I’m surprised that they’ve never been leaked, considering that Angleton, Hoover, and probably others had copies of the photos back in the sixties and seventies.

According to this log (looks to be from the LAPD), all of the RFK photos involving his operation, post-operation, and autopsy are listed as restricted.  Included in the restricted category is a set of over a hundred photos by the FBI because the set includes autopsy photos.  Makes you wonder what else is in that set of photos 🤔

https://archives.cdn.sos.ca.gov/collections/rfk/appendix-f.pdf