The Education Forum

I have a question about the release of files from the HSCA

Was watching an assassination related video on YouTube at work and when it went off an episode of Unsolved Mysteries from like 1992 or 1993 came on. The first case was the assassination of MLK Jr. At one point they were talking about the HSCA investigation into the MLK case and that got me to thinking...........Does the JFK records act only deal with the JFK assassination records? The HSCA also investigated MLK and RFK assassinations as well, right? On the Unsolved Mysteries episode they were talking about how the records wouldn't be released until 2029. Can anyone tell me if any MLK related files have been released or any RFK related materials? You only hear about the JFK files. If someone can answer this question for me then the moderators can feel free to move this post to a more appropriate Education Forum like RFK or MLK (I think there is one maybe, lol!).

Jamey, as I  understand it the limited number of HSCA records relating to their limited MLK work are still sequestered by Congress itself, basically Congress (and I think a single Congress person) has to formally request the Clerk of the House to release them in some format and that was never done.  Stu Wexler has taken the lead in an effort to not only get them released but to work with Congress and he and his high school class actually got a cold case act through Congress to set up a Committee to release related files to a whole series of civil rights era murders from that period. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Cold_Case_Records_Review_Board

Stu would be the person to contact about the MLK files....he does post here occasionally and  you could also message him.

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Jamey, as I  understand it the limited number of HSCA records relating to their limited MLK work are still sequestered by Congress itself, basically Congress (and I think a single Congress person) has to formally request the Clerk of the House to release them in some format and that was never done.  Stu Wexler has taken the lead in an effort to not only get them released but to work with Congress and he and his high school class actually got a cold case act through Congress to set up a Committee to release related files to a whole series of civil rights era murders from that period. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Cold_Case_Records_Review_Board

Stu would be the person to contact about the MLK files....he does post here occasionally and  you could also message him.

Thanks @Larry Hancock! Funny how you never hear any mention of those or the RFK files from the HSCA to be released! Like you said, I guess they just did the minimal amount of work on those cases.

That's true Jamey, rather than the HSCA, when Stu and I started our years of work on the MLK case we began with the FBI files, which are extensive and which gave us a very positive roadmap of where to look for the real conspiracy in King's murder - in several instances the Bureau had started off on strong leads and even begun to pursue them.  Unfortunately Hoover's directive to focus strictly on Ray, the Memphis DA's decision to use evidence in hand simply to go after Ray (not unlike in the Sirhan case - DA's love having simple cases) meant that the Bureau's work did not go where it might, could have - but it rather than any HSCA material was our starting point.

Jamey:

The HSCA did not inquiry into the RFK case.  It was JFK and MLK.

And the JFK act did not extend to the King files.

Any King files that have been released, and there have been a few, was by accident.

IMO, its a disgrace that the HSCA King files have not been declassifed.

I tried to get the MLK records released by way of the Clerk of the House ~15 years ago.  In all of my document request efforts, that might have been the "rudest" rejection, so to speak. The seal expired a long time ago. The Clerk could have released it then. They could release it now. That said: those who worry that the records include Hoover's anti-King rumors and innuendos are apparently not wrong (I know from an insider.) That is a major concern to people who do not want to do Hoover's dirty work for him. See the hit job on King by Garrow a few years ago, relying on the interpretation of Bill Sullivan's people of a tape that you can bet was grainy as heck (I have never heard of any 60s FBI tap that was anything but grainy) to make assumptions about what was allegedly occuring inside a motel room. It was outrageous. Given the recent turn against MLK by people like Charlie Kirk, I am not even unsympathetic to those who worry that the HSCA files will be used for nefarious purposes. I feel the best way to do get these files would be through the auspices of the Cold Case Review board, who could (excuse the very bad pun) segregrate out Hoover's nonsense.  But we need to get that board more support-- a current focus of mine.

Stu

Edited by Stu Wexler

On 2/6/2024 at 5:02 PM, Stu Wexler said:

I tried to get the MLK records released by way of the Clerk of the House ~15 years ago.  In all of my document request efforts, that might have been the "rudest" rejection, so to speak. The seal expired a long time ago. The Clerk could have released it then. They could release it now. That said: those who worry that the records include Hoover's anti-King rumors and innuendos are apparently not wrong (I know from an insider.) That is a major concern to people who do not want to do Hoover's dirty work for him. See the hit job on King by Garrow a few years ago, relying on the interpretation of Bill Sullivan's people of a tape that you can bet was grainy as heck (I have never heard of any 60s FBI tap that was anything but grainy) to make assumptions about what was allegedly occuring inside a motel room. It was outrageous. Given the recent turn against MLK by people like Charlie Kirk, I am not even unsympathetic to those who worry that the HSCA files will be used for nefarious purposes. I feel the best way to do get these files would be through the auspices of the Cold Case Review board, who could (excuse the very bad pun) segregrate out Hoover's nonsense.  But we need to get that board more support-- a current focus of mine.

Stu

Why would Bill Sullivan's people who were listening in on the depraved sexual activities of Martin Luther King be wrong about what was being said and done in that hotel room? The fact that the Government will not release the audio tape is a big tell that it might be actually quite clear as to what was going on. I guarantee you that anything exculpating King would be released. I think David Garrow is right on track.

One reason the FBI hated King was that this righteous preacher boy in public was such a lecher in private.

Lyndon Johnson used to play the FBI's MLK sex tapes for his friends. He would not do that unless there was something HOT on there. Ben Barnes, who is alive today in 2024 was Lyndon Johnson's "political son" down here in Texas. And not only that, LBJ was telling the FBI to leak MLK's dirty sex tapes to the media as a way of utterly destroying King!

Lyndon Johnson played Hoover’s FBI’s dirty MLK sex tapes for Ben Barnes.

Ben Barnes of Texas was a man who LBJ considered his “political son” and Barnes is very protective of LBJ’s legacy  even in 2014.  Lyndon Johnson btw was an ardent fan of wiretapping people and he certainly did that to the Mississippi Freedom delegation at Atlantic City at the Democratic national convention in 1964. Also, contrary to what Ben Barnes is saying below Lyndon Johnson was completely supportive of the FBI efforts to harass King, tape his sexual shenanigans and in general destroy Martin Luther King.

Ben Barnes:

“If Lyndon Johnson hadn’t realized at first how divisive and destructive the fight over Civil Rights could get, he certainly must have after he received an envelope from the FBI in the White House one afternoon. Inside was an audiotape, and when the president played it, he was as shocked as he could be. When I came to Washington shortly after he received it, he decided to play it for me, too.

I’d come to the White House a Johnson’s invitation, but instead of meeting him in the Oval Office, where I would normally go, I’d been sent up to the residence on the second floor. The president met me there ‘I want you to hear something, Barnes,’ he told me. “You’re not going to believe this.” We walked into his bedroom, sat down, and he punched the “play” button on a tape recorder. And he was right - I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

It was a recording, obviously made in secret, of Martin Luther King Jr. in what I will only describe as a very compromising situation. There were voices of a couple of women on the tape, as well as that of another man. I literally could not believe that I was sitting in the White House, in the company of the president of the United States, listening to an embarrassingly intimate tape of the greatest civil rights leader in our history.

President Johnson wasn’t playing the tape for prurient reasons. I think he just couldn’t believe the lengths the FBI - and specifically J. Edgar Hoover - would go in an effort to discredit and threaten Martin Luther King. Hoover, who for my money is the lowest, most dirty-pool man in 20th-century American politics, was sending a message not only to King, but to President Johnson as well. The president was not a man who was easily intimidated, but I had to wonder what effect Hoover’s proud display of blackmailing tactics might have on him. All he said to me was, ‘I want Hoover to destroy this tape, and all copies of it.’

I left the White House that day amazed at the lengths that some people in Washington would go in an effort to bring down their political enemies.”

UNQUOTE

[Ben Barnes, Barn Burning, Barn Building, p. 108]

LBJ’s top aide Walter Jenkins wanted the FBI to leak MLK’s sex dirt to the media as a way of destroying MLK - 1964

Jim Naureckas (1-8-15) http://fair.org/blog/2015/01/08/its-critics-of-selma-who-are-distorting-civil-rights-history/

What about Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Nick Kotz, who wrote Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Laws that Changed America? There he quotes from a memo written to Hoover by one of his top aides, Cartha DeLoach, who had just delivered a summary of a particularly incriminating tape to Johnson's chief assistant, Walter Jenkins.  DeLoach said Jenkins told him he would pass on the material to the president, adding:

Jenkins was of the opinion that the FBI could perform a good service to the country if this matter could somehow be confidentially given to members of the press.

UNQUOTE

Edited by Robert Morrow

Why wouldn't I believe William Sullivan on King? Hmm...  maybe it has something to do with the fact that he attempted a psyop that encouraged MLK to literally kill himself.  Or the fact that he was a key cog in FBI's efforts to spy on Americans and generate blackmail material for J. Edgar Hoover to stay in power, something that is a far greater mark against someone's character than womanizing.

Why don't I trust the specific claims coming from Garrow?  Because he is relying on accounts of a tape of unknown quality when every FBI tape/bug I have ever seen described is grainy. And we are supposed to think that based on these tapes, the Hoover FBI/DOJ (and they were still a Hoover FBI for years after Hoover died) can know for certain what kind of allegedly sexual misconduct is happening in a closed motel room and who is seeing what and who is laughing about what.  MLK never waivered from non-violence, but I am to assume he participated in a violent rape based on this.  It fails all sorts of basic historical tests.

But let me return to *your* slander on MLK, Robert. He may have had extra marital affairs. He was constantly on the road and under enormous stress including threats to his life. But he was not a bedroom moralizer in his preaching. His sermons and his mission was focused almost entirely on anti-racism, anti-poverty and anti-war. This contrasts with the hypocrites in the present-day white evangelical community who idol worship someone who has had multiple affairs, claims to never have been in need of God's forgiveness for anything, and lies and hurls invective against others on a regular basis. Those are your hypocrites. 

But the thing about King is that even though he knew that Hoover abused his power to accrue all sorts of rumor of innuendo against him, based on hearsay and grainy surveillance recordings, even though he knew that Hoover was more and more willing to weaponize that dirt as King's influence and esteem waned in an increasingly more radical America, King was willing to risk his entire reputation to push forward with his mission. This is not speculation. My friend, the civil rights activist and minister Ed King, challenged his friend MLK about his commitment to the Poor People's Campaign. Ed loved Martin, but had an ongoing quasi-rift with him over the marches in Selma, where Ed felt MLK caved to pressure when he kneeled and turned protestors around. MLK promised that he would push the Poor People's Campaign to the steps of the White House itself, even if MLK knew that the end would be an onslaught of character assassination by Hoover, Sullivan and their media cronies. Ed knew the implications--  that MLK was willing to ruin his reputation if it solved the crisis of poverty. All of us have secrets and regrets we are not proud of. How many of us would expose all of them for the benefit of the greater community?  Would you Robert?  I doubt it.

Stu

Edited by Stu Wexler

It is not a slander to say that the plagiarist and communist-influenced Martin Luther King was a sexual degenerate who regularly cheated on his wife despite being a man of the cloth. What happened to MLK was not "character assassination," it was "character suicide." And, no, I do not support illegal FBI wiretaps especially those authorized under that twisted sister J. Edgar Hoover.

Why don't you call up Ben Barnes (born in 1938), who I posted above, and ask him about the degenerate sex tapes that Lyndon Johnson played for him (in LBJ's personal quarters) concerning MLK and his adulterous activities? Ben Barnes, the former Texas Lt. Governor is still alive today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Barnes_(Texas_politician) Ben Barnes describes those sex tapes as being an orgy.

Those are the same tapes that Lyndon Johnson had his top aide Walter Jenkins (soon to be caught in fall, 1964 on the receiving end of anal sex with a WWII veteran in the basement bathroom of the Washington, D.C. YMCA) tell the FBI's Deke DeLoach to release that information to the national media. LBJ, like his pal Hoover, wanted Nobel Laureate MLK utterly destroyed and he thought those FBI-generated MLK sex tapes would be a great vehicle for that. Deke DeLoach was LBJ's personal henchman at the FBI.

Robert Novak, in his biography The Prince of Darkness, says that yes, the MLK sex material was indeed given to the media and they all sat on it because they were pro civil rights movement and did not want to hurt the national cause.

As surely you know the FBI sex tapes were mailed to MLK along with the note suggesting, hinting that he should commit suicide. The very depravity of the MLK sex tapes are why the FBI thought they could provoke King into committing suicide.

The Rev. Ralph Albernathy had a lot to sex about MLK's adulteries- https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/10/16/Abernathy-defends-book-detailing-Kings-alleged-affairs-KEN-SUGAR/9670624513600/  when he published his book And the Walls Came Tumbling Down. Abernathy received quite the backlash from the MLK groupies merely for telling the truth about the sex degenerate preacher leading the civil rights movement.

I can assure you that had Martin's infidelity not already been the topic of discussion in other books, in the halls of Congress and in the public forums, my decision would have been simple: avoid the entire issue,' Abernathy said about the book, 'And the Walls Came Tumbling Down,' to be released Wednesday.

But with two recent books -- one or both being Pulitzer Prize winners -- talking openly about Martin's infidelity, I knew that if I ignored the subject then reviewers and readers would say, 'He's not telling the truth so the rest of his book is unreliable as well.''

UNQUOTE

And there is the confession of Georgia Powers, one of MLK's mistresses, who came public in 1995 - https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/author-tells-of-affair-with-king-she-says-they-3047125.php

You are welcome to not believe that MLK was cheering on a rape by Pastor Logan Kearse on some poor woman.

As for me, I can easily see that degenerate Martin Luther King laughing and cheering on a rape being committed by Pastor Logan Kearse. I am never fooled by a phony politician's political stands being some sort of guarantee for moral behavior behind the scenes. In fact, the opposite is often true.

David Garrow: https://theconversation.com/im-an-mlk-scholar-and-ill-never-be-able-to-view-king-in-the-same-light-118015

Lots of great detail here on pages 17 and 18. Women were asked to perform "unnatural sex acts" and when they objected the Great Martin Luther King told them it would "help your soul, it will help you." Then King made a joke about starting an International Organization for the Advancement of [Unnatural Sex Act].

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32989551.pdf 

I will close by positing this, the very fact the U.S. Government is so adamantly opposed to releasing the MLK orgy tapes, tells me something quite awful about MLK must be on them.

Edited by Robert Morrow

28 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

It is not a slander to say that the plagiarist and communist-influenced Martin Luther King was a sexual degenerate who regularly cheated on his wife despite being a man of the cloth. What happened to MLK was not "character assassination," it was "character suicide." And, no, I do not support illegal FBI wiretaps especially those authorized under that twisted sister J. Edgar Hoover.

Why don't you call up Ben Barnes (born in 1938), who I posted above, and ask him about the degenerate sex tapes that Lyndon Johnson played for him (in LBJ's personal quarters) concerning MLK and his adulterous activities? Ben Barnes, the former Texas Lt. Governor is still alive today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Barnes_(Texas_politician) Ben Barnes describes those sex tapes as being an orgy.

Those are the same tapes that Lyndon Johnson had his top aide Walter Jenkins (soon to be caught in fall, 1964 on the receiving end of anal sex with a WWII veteran in the basement bathroom of the Washington, D.C. YMCA) tell the FBI's Deke DeLoach to release that information to the national media. LBJ, like his pal Hoover, wanted Nobel Laureate MLK utterly destroyed and he thought those FBI-generated MLK sex tapes would be a great vehicle for that. Deke DeLoach was LBJ's personal henchman at the FBI.

Robert Novak, in his biography The Prince of Darkness, says that yes, the MLK sex material was indeed given to the media and they all sat on it because they were pro civil rights movement and did not want to hurt the national cause.

As surely you know the FBI sex tapes were mailed to MLK along with the note suggesting, hinting that he should commit suicide. The very depravity of the MLK sex tapes are why the FBI thought they could provoke King into committing suicide.

The Rev. Ralph Albernathy had a lot to sex about MLK's adulteries- https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/10/16/Abernathy-defends-book-detailing-Kings-alleged-affairs-KEN-SUGAR/9670624513600/  when he published his book And the Walls Came Tumbling Down. Abernathy received quite the backlash from the MLK groupies merely for telling the truth about the sex degenerate preacher leading the civil rights movement.

I can assure you that had Martin's infidelity not already been the topic of discussion in other books, in the halls of Congress and in the public forums, my decision would have been simple: avoid the entire issue,' Abernathy said about the book, 'And the Walls Came Tumbling Down,' to be released Wednesday.

But with two recent books -- one or both being Pulitzer Prize winners -- talking openly about Martin's infidelity, I knew that if I ignored the subject then reviewers and readers would say, 'He's not telling the truth so the rest of his book is unreliable as well.''

UNQUOTE

And there is the confession of Georgia Powers, one of MLK's mistresses, who came public in 1995 - https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/author-tells-of-affair-with-king-she-says-they-3047125.php

You are welcome to not believe that MLK was cheering on a rape by Pastor Logan Kearse on some poor woman.

As for me, I can easily see that degenerate Martin Luther King laughing and cheering on a rape being committed by Pastor Logan Kearse. I am never fooled by a phony politician's political stands being some sort of guarantee for moral behavior behind the scenes. In fact, the opposite is often true.

David Garrow: https://theconversation.com/im-an-mlk-scholar-and-ill-never-be-able-to-view-king-in-the-same-light-118015

Lots of great detail here on pages 17 and 18. Women were asked to perform "unnatural sex acts" and when they objected the Great Martin Luther King told them it would "help your soul, it will help you." Then King made a joke about starting an International Organization for the Advancement of [Unnatural Sex Act].

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32989551.pdf 

I will close by positing this, the very fact the U.S. Government is so adamantly opposed to releasing the MLK orgy tapes, tells me something quite awful about MLK must be on them.

As one member to another, Robert, I feel I should remind you that you spent a lot of time in hot water on this forum the last time around, for posts like this. You can mention a rumor without giving the details, for crying out loud. When people come to this forum they expect to discuss or God forbid learn about history, not rumors and speculation about famous people's sex lives. You should take that stuff elsewhere, IMO. 

P.S. For those not in the know, in his last run on this forum, Robert routinely repeated rumors as fact and attacked people of all stripes--JFK, LBJ, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Rick Perry, and I believe Donald Trump. These people were all degenerates in Robert's eyes, and he took every opportunity to provide every detail he could about what sex acts they engaged in. I had hoped this time around he would control himself. Sadly, it appears he can not. 

4 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

As one member to another, Robert, I feel I should remind you that you spent a lot of time in hot water on this forum the last time around, for posts like this. You can mention a rumor without giving the details, for crying out loud. When people come to this forum they expect to discuss or God forbid learn about history, not rumors and speculation about famous people's sex lives. You should take that stuff elsewhere, IMO. 

P.S. For those not in the know, in his last run on this forum, Robert routinely repeated rumors as fact and attacked people of all stripes--JFK, LBJ, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Rick Perry, and I believe Donald Trump. These people were all degenerates in Robert's eyes, and he took every opportunity to provide every detail he could about what sex acts they engaged in. I had hoped this time around he would control himself. Sadly, it appears he can not. 

Rumors?? Isn't MLK's sexual debauchery a confirmed fact? You don't think a person's sexual debauchery does not give deep insight as to who that person is? I do.

Is Bill Clinton's history of rape and sexual assault well documented? Ever follow Juanita Broaddrick on Twitter? She is still in a rage over Bill Clinton's rape of her on April 25, 1978.  I wrote a well-received book on about it called the Clintons' War on Women which currently has 1,432 ratings on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Clintons-War-Women-Roger-Stone/dp/1510713921/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3F4UZJ587E5GA&keywords=clintons+war+on+women&qid=1707367954&s=books&sprefix=clintons+war+on+women%2Cstripbooks%2C113&sr=1-1

When I wrote The Clintons' War on Women, which was published in fall 2015, I did not have the benefit of what Bill Clinton did to Leslie Millwee in 1980 when this criminal sexual psychopath was a 34-year old Governor of Arkansas. I am sure Pat Speer would call this depraved account some sort of a "rumor" about Clinton that I am spreading - EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: New Bill Clinton Sexual Assault Accuser Goes Public for the First Time (breitbart.com) Millwee bravely went public in October, 2016.

Isn't JFK's sexual debauchery extremely well documented and an obvious fact as opposed to rumors? JFK was having sex with college coeds while president and asking them to perform sexual favors for Dave Powers and Ted Kennedy. See MiMi Alford for that. Does that give us insight into who JFK was?

Isn't LBJ's sexual depravity extremely well documented and not some sort of rumor? I have hundreds of book on LBJ and JFK and those quite disturbing accounts of appear all over the place in those books.

Does Donald Trump's extremely well documented sexual abuse of women give us insight into who this psychopath is? Does the phrase "83 million dollars" mean anything to you? If Trump was raping little girls with Jeffrey Epstein doesn't that give us deep insight into how Donald Trump will psychopathically abuse political power and other people? Are you telling me Trump's decades' long, heavily documented sexual abuse of women are mere rumors? Trump thinks you can grab women by their genitals if you are a "star" and this serial sex criminal thinks he is a "star." 

2016 Donald Trump child rape lawsuit – graphic details of his sex crimes https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf

Excellent Daily Kos compilation of Donald Trump’s sex crimes: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8/24/1971775/-TRUMP-THE-SEXUAL-PREDATOR-Warning-a-LOT-of-Nasty-Stuff-Here

Donald Trump's serial sexual abuse of women: a running tally: https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2020/10/21/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-share-similar-patterns-19-women/5279155002/

As for the Bible-thumping and very anti-gay former Governor of Texas Rick Perry - I live here in Austin, TX and have personally met people who either had adulterous sex with Perry or their friends have. Glen Maxey, the former Democratic County Chairman is a gay man who became so disgusted at Rick Perry's "alleged" homosexual trysts that he wrote a book about it called Head Figure Head, as one of Perry's rent boys described the Governor  - https://www.amazon.com/Head-Figure-Search-Hidden-Perry/dp/1468025988/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1707368895&sr=8-1

There was a high level reporter (who is a closet gay) in Austin, TX and in 2011 one of Rick Perry's "alleged rent boys" told him a lot of stories about Rick Perry. People in Austin were hearing these stories everywhere about Rick Perry but it was extremely hard to get people to go on the public record and walk the plank.

Religious right Rick Perry, who has a history of supporting the criminalization of homosexuality and also not wanting gays in the Boy Scouts (probably a reasonable position considering what happened to the Boy Scouts) - has a multiple times compared homosexuality to alcoholism. https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/rick-perry-compares-gay-people-to-alcoholics and https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2014/06/16/rick-perry-doesnt-back-down-from-comparing-homosexuality-to-alcoholism/

What was the very anti-gay Texas Governor trying to tell us with these weird comments? Oh, I think I know.

In 2011 when Rick Perry was leading the GOP polls for president and had just kicked off his presidential campaign in August, I went on the Alex Jones should to expose Bible thumper and family values hypocrite Rick Perry for what I knew from extremely credible Austin, TX sources: 

Rumors? If you ever see me busting on a political figure for their sexual shenanigans, I always have very solid reasons for doing so and I think it is quite a reflection as to who these people are.

In 2016, while I was the current Chairman of the Travis County Republican Party, I had some extremely caustic things to say about Donald Trump and his so-called "alleged" crimes he had committed while at Jeffrey Epstein pedo parties in summer 1994. https://www.breitbart.com/border/2016/08/23/travis-county-gop-chair-accuses-trump-child-rape/ Mind you, I was doing this in summer 2016 long before Jeffrey Epstein exploded into a national scandal.

I was exposing Trump with such confidence because I am personal friends with two reporters who for years have been the world's leading experts on Jeffrey Epstein and his child raping criminal enterprise.

Here is a quote from Robert Caro that illustrates who Lyndon Johnson was. It comes from one of his closest aides Horace Busby who was friends with LBJ from 1948 until his death in 1973:

Horace Busby was to recall sitting in the back seat of Johnson’s car while Johnson was showing the ranch to a friend of Lady Bird’s who had come to visit. Johnson was driving, with Lady Bird in the front seat at the window and the friend sitting between them. Leaning over the front seat to ask a question, Busby saw that Johnson had his hand “under the woman’s skirt and was having a big time, right there in front of Lady Bird.” (Busby says that “Lady Bird didn’t say a word,” but “after a while” the woman “slapped his hand.”) The journalist Eliot Janeway was to speak of Johnson’s “harem,” saying that “one way you could visualize Lady Bird is as the queen in Anna and the King of Siam. It worked that way; you know the scene where she sits at the table all the babes – Lady Bird was the head wife.”

UNQUOTE

[Robert Caro, Master of the Senate, pp. 437-438]

If Lyndon Johnson treated Lady Bird like that, how would he treat other people?

One more important side note: the ONLY reason Lyndon Johnson was able to force his way onto the 1960 Democratic ticket was because Lyndon Johnson and Sam Rayburn used sexual blackmail to FORCE John Kennedy to put LBJ on the ticket as VP. As JFK told his friend Hy Raskin, "Those bastards were trying to frame me. They threatened me with problems and I don't need more problems." [Hersh, The Dark Side of Camelot, p. 126]

That my, friend, was a fatal mistake that a very compromised JFK made. 

Edited by Robert Morrow

It turns out that I am not the only one repulsed by preacher boy Martin Luther King. Jackie Kennedy on MLK: "The man's terrible:" Jackie Kennedy cannot look at an image of Martin Luther King after his sex party claims | Daily Mail Online

Mrs Kennedy said her view of   King was formed after being told of secret FBI wiretaps which showed him trying to organise a sex party before he attended the March on Washington in August 1963, at which he delivered his ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.

She said her brother-in-law Robert told her that King made disparaging remarks about JFK at the funeral and about Cardinal Richard Cushing, who delivered the eulogy.

‘I just can’t see a picture of Martin Luther King without thinking, you know, that man’s terrible,’ she said.

‘He made fun of Cardinal Cushing and said that he was drunk at it [the funeral] – and things about they almost dropped the coffin. I mean Martin Luther King is really a tricky person.’

She said Robert told her of the FBI wiretaps: ‘He said this with no bitterness or anything, how he was calling up all these girls and arranging for a party of men and women, I mean, sort of an orgy.’

UNQUOTE

Edited by Robert Morrow

On 2/7/2024 at 7:29 PM, Stu Wexler said:

Why wouldn't I believe William Sullivan on King? Hmm...  maybe it has something to do with the fact that he attempted a psyop that encouraged MLK to literally kill himself.  Or the fact that he was a key cog in FBI's efforts to spy on Americans and generate blackmail material for J. Edgar Hoover to stay in power, something that is a far greater mark against someone's character than womanizing.

Why don't I trust the specific claims coming from Garrow?  Because he is relying on accounts of a tape of unknown quality when every FBI tape/bug I have ever seen described is grainy. And we are supposed to think that based on these tapes, the Hoover FBI/DOJ (and they were still a Hoover FBI for years after Hoover died) can know for certain what kind of allegedly sexual misconduct is happening in a closed motel room and who is seeing what and who is laughing about what.  MLK never waivered from non-violence, but I am to assume he participated in a violent rape based on this.  It fails all sorts of basic historical tests.

But let me return to *your* slander on MLK, Robert. He may have had extra marital affairs. He was constantly on the road and under enormous stress including threats to his life. But he was not a bedroom moralizer in his preaching. His sermons and his mission was focused almost entirely on anti-racism, anti-poverty and anti-war. This contrasts with the hypocrites in the present-day white evangelical community who idol worship someone who has had multiple affairs, claims to never have been in need of God's forgiveness for anything, and lies and hurls invective against others on a regular basis. Those are your hypocrites. 

But the thing about King is that even though he knew that Hoover abused his power to accrue all sorts of rumor of innuendo against him, based on hearsay and grainy surveillance recordings, even though he knew that Hoover was more and more willing to weaponize that dirt as King's influence and esteem waned in an increasingly more radical America, King was willing to risk his entire reputation to push forward with his mission. This is not speculation. My friend, the civil rights activist and minister Ed King, challenged his friend MLK about his commitment to the Poor People's Campaign. Ed loved Martin, but had an ongoing quasi-rift with him over the marches in Selma, where Ed felt MLK caved to pressure when he kneeled and turned protestors around. MLK promised that he would push the Poor People's Campaign to the steps of the White House itself, even if MLK knew that the end would be an onslaught of character assassination by Hoover, Sullivan and their media cronies. Ed knew the implications--  that MLK was willing to ruin his reputation if it solved the crisis of poverty. All of us have secrets and regrets we are not proud of. How many of us would expose all of them for the benefit of the greater community?  Would you Robert?  I doubt it.

Stu

Well said Stu, imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the FBI's "Why Don't You Commit" Suicide letter that was mailed to MLK in November 1964 (almost exactly a year after the JFK assassination, and importantly, after the 1964 general election in which LBJ was counting on the black vote): Mlk-uncovered-letter - FBI–King suicide letter - Wikipedia

The FBI mailed this letter with some audio of MLK sex tapes. Just look at the nastiness of the FBI letter. The FBI writer called MLK "a filthy, abnormal animal."

Whatever is in these "sex tapes" must be really, really bad. I don't know what year they are set to be released but it is surely decades from now. And when that deadline comes, I would not be surprised for the Government to find an "excuse" not to release King's sex tapes. I am in the camp of David Garrow that once people hear the MLK sex tapes, it will forever change the way King is seen in American history.

Don't forget: President Lyndon Johnson was in complete support of the FBI's and Hoover's attempt to destroy Martin Luther King. 

Journalist Robert Novak in his autobiography said, yes indeed, the King sex tape material was provided to the national media.

Robert Novak: Journalists received the FBI’s transcripts of MLK’s pornographic bedroom conversations

I must admit that I was influenced by King’s well-documented personal lechery. FBI director J. Edgar Hoover had bugged King’s hotel rooms in hope of finding conspiracy; with Communists and instead stumbled on multiple assignations. I received a copy of pornographic bedroom conversations in FBI verbatim transcripts. Like other journalistic recipients, I did nothing with them.

UNQUOTE

[Robert Novak, The Prince of Darkness: 50 Years Reporting in Washington, p. 160]

Edited by Robert Morrow