The Education Forum

The Anonymous Phone Call to the Tippits of Connecticut

49 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Sandy,

Can you give a little more precise citation from Bill Simpich for this? I can't get a link for the Oswald's "complete" 201 CIA file.

The Warren Commission's Volume XXIV (24) has nothing to do with "Oswald's" use of the names "Alec" or "Alik" either. 

Where did Simpich get this?

Thanks.

Paul,

I found what Simpich wrote on this page:

https://aarclibrary.org/the-jfk-case-the-twelve-who-built-the-oswald-legend-part-4-when-the-u-2-goes-down-oswald-is-ready-to-return/

He doesn't say how he accessed Oswald's 201 file.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really a great work of research., thank you, John Kowalski. It is always a kind of a satisfaction when we find the Nazis and Commies in our own or others family members connections. As we are not carved from one marble stone but we tend to be a mixed collage from clay and crystals and pebbles  or plastic debris etc...so family members all have different hues of self-saving purposes in different ideologies trying to plug our inner vacuum.

And to find an actual Hydell among the winners of the Hideousness Contest  is wonderful.

Maybe I am not humble enough mentioning here that  I just found that the director of Corvina Editions, (from 1962-3  for a decade ) the boss of Emil Gardos (from the tippit Call) was a supporter -by KGB funds - and personal friend of Castro  (in gossipe mentioned in bographies /on Wiki/. 

Edited by Geo Kozma
Forgot mentioning his name

On 3/9/2024 at 9:00 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

Thanks for checking the Hidell name in Hungary, Geo.  Nothing in this case is easy, eh?  I’ll read your post above again to see if I can make more sense of it.  In the meantime….

Going back to Sandy’s theory….

Before the paywall crashes down, Ancestry.com reports for Hidell there are

124 birth records
231 marriage and divorce records
406 death records
246 census records
and, notably
49 immigration records

The site has a 14 day free trial, but I used up mine a couple of years ago to get access to its newspaper database.

John Armstrong believes the Hidell alias may have been used by both Oswalds, Harvey starting in the USSR, Lee in the U.S., but, perhaps to keep their identities differentiated for select intel personnel, LEE used AleX Hidell and Harvey used AleK Hidell.  Both variants appear to have been in evidence. 

Alex17.jpg

Hi Jim-  I’ll read your post above again to see if I can make more sense of it.  In the meantime….

1. It is very good that you repeat that my input is nONSENSE and CONFUSING...

each time I repeat again and again that jewish NAME ARE ALL FAKE NAME DISPENSEED IN AN OBLAGATORY AND LIMITED / For 5 MILLIONS the same 50 name PLUS TOWN NAMES^...IN ORDER TO MAKE IT CONFUSING and frightening- to make Jews confusing and frightening to others and to be able to arrest all K leiNS in a city - when there are thousands of them everywhere. My granddad was a Klein...

I will stop mentioning it. You are NOT CONFUSED you are expressing a COGNITIVE DISSONANCE (an inner dilemma) because very simply I am telling that the TIPPIT Call  CANNOT BE VERIFIED BY ARCHIVES - YES an Oswald among hundreds has a Gashpar spouse and yes a WENSTOCJ among hundred has a GISINGER spouse--but due to Jewish limited name-giving FAMILY TIES ARE HIDDEN and CONFUSING  BY THE name limit tool designed to confuse both Jews and non-Jews and perpetuate the mistrust.

My Grandmother's KELLER name is also in many Oswald homes in the archives  - but my Keller family did not know about Amerrican relatives of this name. Only real family stories may - to some degree - prove a link.Anyone anywhere could decide to take thiss name...mayb to promote their Wine Cellar...

The family story of my CORVINA jobber MOM typing for Gardosh in 1963 in 2 books (one is the CArtoon book) is a real proof that some contact existed between  OSwald with the Corvina translator Gardosh of KGB. And the Uncle of the typing secretary  - my mom - had a job in the Oval Office and RAND with Kissinger. I do see that I must learn English a bit more to make myself clear. 

It is a very good PR tool  to create a MASK OF BEING CONFUSED...so we help the other person to shorten and clarify his message. I thanky you for it , Jim.

I say  just once more that the TIPPIT CALL was a FALSE FLAG in order to alert the FBI that they must handle such infos - if they do not want  Oswald related  Russian KGB Jews from Castros side creating a mass hysteria.

6-

I am really grateful that by pointing out since a whole month each and every time I try to mention this completely new version of things - you push me back to the probably true feeling of you that it is confusing that someone says something you did not expect. Maybe there should be a rule to never say anything confusing the mod.

Unfortunately i am also confused. I am not glad to find my Granma and Oswald cousins (far removed but still) I am confused to see my mother who was totally naive and innocent and never knew that her uncle worked for 5 Presidents - and probably for Dulles too in the  early Jewish rescue action of the First  Lady - 

and  she never grasped how he could leave his flat to  rich strangers  (an Ambassador and his wife with Oswald ancestry) from the State Department of all places  (not stranger to Kissinger and not strangers for the Oswald Archives)  .... and  she died - in 84 - without imagining she could (of) be(en)  a pawn of her bosses related secretly to the KGB.And using her and her "CIA" linked Uncle and their letters.

8-.

I learned and taught Jewish history in the last 20 some years (as the whole Jewish thing was hidden from my generation in the Soviet Colony Era till the  mid-80s) but I NEVER COULD GRASP the unimaginable thing that under a benevolent mask (Jews are human like us, so they must use names like we use... but we dictate which ones...) a malevoleent design may be hidden: namely the total destroying of the personal identity and story of different families which could live WITHOUT FAMILY NAmes - just using COMMUNITY SERVICE Related RANKS as names or Biblical poetic names....or simple paternal or maternal names. (Like in Russian. Vladimir Ilyich..we know who he is...BTW his mother was Jewish. blANK was her name. Confusing. )

Yes, Jim it is confusing. And it is also confusing that the FBI DID NOT CLASSIFY IT AS SECRET from a malevolent paranoia-  as is the default slogan - but because they did know that these names are arbitrary, randomly dispensed, so such a chance coincedence that someone maybe 200 years ago married an Oswald DOES NOT maKE THEM  ACCOMPLICes. (BUT Sometime yes they do feel connected.)

But even if they were not related - we cannot know - thEY WERE iN actual CONTACT by regular posts and books sent. 

If Jim, you continue to denigrate and devalue me  as cONFUSING...I will be even more grateful, because  without this,  my posts would be just lost among hundreds of other focused research topics....

But by this kind help of showing me CONFUSING... it will maybe lead someone else to react, that despite my ENGLISh being totally broken  because I have  only my M.A. at a US Uni operating here, and my Ph D is in Hungarian,  8under construction)- but  I may be trying to SAY SOMETHING HERE.

I am here as a witness to the sending of KGB messages - maybe by books  maybe by letter - from the CORVINA to the ex-PROF of Kissinger, to the White HOUSE (or to HArvard). I can imagine that the Uncle and his niece, my MOm ,  were NOT even knowing that their letters were perused weekly...(and if you use any CODE it brings out some NEW MEANING...so it is not worth to try to DECODE a boring famiy letter)

THIS IS A PROOF THAT THE  TIPPIT CALLER knew what she did claim.

BUT no one wanted to expose the "Jews" the "KGB " and  the "CAstroists"  at once  in the family vicinity of Oswald - because I do not believe the FBI DID NOT FOLLOW MARINA WHEN SHE SOLD the CORVINA book right before their search.

And since 2013 we all do know. Sure, even today we have reason to have fears around these topics. So the only reation I get is, that it is "confusing". And I agre and it is useful to remind me of it.

SO WE BETTER CLAIM  WITH YOU Oh,  All this is TOO CONFUSING...nAMES BEING EMPTY AND so not leaDING ANYWHERE ....AND  LET US RE-CLASSIFY  all related info... BUT still the FBI had to look up Gardosh...GArdosh decided in 1963 to go PUBLIC with his translations (which he did only in the Party Centre for 15 years before and 12 ys after) HE surely knew he is under some kind of scrunity. Sending a message to Oswald was just a trial balloon..to see what happens. If he goes to buy the book...

Okay no one in the USA had access to a Jewish Archive.

I did not either, before.

The FBI sure looked it up. 

And no one was  - and is - interested in the CORVINA BOOKS.

(I was not either  - since decades  my mom has  departed and I was not going back there.

I am sure that in the last 1% we will eventually see some report on Gardosh and the CORVINA boss having links to CASTRO...but who cares we knew it from otherr sources...

I did ask George Schwimmer , the author of the richly vowen  Doppelganger (full of regular typos like "he would of done", maybe it became mainstream m but my English is rudimentary to criticize others ) -  and he told me he is not interested in my findings.  (Of course if I had a typical Jewish sounding  name - which anyone cómay have -  I would also play the role of NOT INTERESTED- sorry if it sounds a bit nasty, it is just a meme, not  meant personally.. )

I do not want to come back and explain it once more.

I see how easy it is to make a fol of myself...

I may   get banned if I repeat this like a mantra.  JEWS in the OSWALD FAMILY  and  maybe regular posts from the Oval Office  to some CORVINA linked  RUSSIAN KGB  asset and CASTRO - oh, no, it is confusing, this guy clearly cannot write in English. Let us hope this is just some lone nut again.

Sorry Jim, I do think it is okay to alert me at my too many typos. And, sorry all this will remain confusing. 

Edited by Geo Kozma

Circus Maximus indeed.

Oswald (/ˈɒzwəld/) is a masculine given name, from Old English Osƿeald, from os "god" and ƿeald "rule". The Old High German cognate was Answald, the Old Norse form was Ásvaldr.

Istvan Gardos A/k/a Steven Garrick, A/k/a Sir William Barrick, Petitioner, v. Immigration and Naturalization Service, Respondent, 324 F.2d 179 (2d Cir. 1963)

Annotate this Case

US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit - 324 F.2d 179 (2d Cir. 1963)Submitted October 31, 1963
Decided November 13, 1963

Wilfred L. Davis, New York City, for petitioner.

Robert M. Morgenthau, U. S. Atty., for the Southern District of New York, for respondent. Roy Babitt, Special Asst. U. S. Atty., of counsel.

Before SWAN, CLARK and MARSHALL, Circuit Judges.

PER CURIAM.

This petition to review an order of deportation was taken on submission without argument. It presents questions of law which are controlled by congressional legislation and decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States. All the facts are admitted. The petitioner was born in Hungary. He came to Canada and became a Canadian citizen in 1955. The following year he was convicted in Canada of illegally possessing marihuana. When he was admitted to the United States, in 1959, the Canadian conviction was not a ground for exclusion or deportation, but in 1960 the statute was amended to authorize deportation of an alien "who at any time has been convicted of a violation of * * * any law or regulation relating to the illicit possession of or traffic in narcotic drugs or marihuana." [Italics added.] 8 U.S.C.A. § 1251(a) (11), as amended 74 Stat. 505, § 9 (1960). That this was to be effective retroactively was decided in Mulcahey v. Cattalonette, 353 U.S. 692, 77 S. Ct. 1025, 1 L. Ed. 2d 121. That such retroactive application does not violate the ex post facto prohibition of Article 1, section 9 of the Constitution has long been recognized, since the ex post facto prohibition is limited to crimes, and deportation is a civil proceeding. Harisiades v. Shaughnessy, 342 U.S. 580, 72 S. Ct. 512, 96 L. Ed. 586; Marcello v. Bonds, 349 U.S. 302, 75 S. Ct. 757, 99 L. Ed. 1107.

Order of deportation affirmed.

Jan 7, 2014  Andrea Berberian Gardos and Steven Gardos '98 welcomed son Oswald “Ozzie” Burr Gardos on July 15, 2013, weighing in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces

Circus Maximus

"You’re already dead, you just don’t know it yet.”

Oswald the Clown, Episode 22, Circus of Madness, Part 12

Circus Maximus is the Stand of Oswald the Clown featured in Part 12.

https://www.tumblr.com/animationproclamations/149419253973/watch-your-grosses-grow-with-oswald-the-lucky

1 hour ago, Geo Kozma said:

Sorry Jim, I do think it is okay to alert me at my too many typos. And, sorry all this will remain confusing. 

No worries, Geo.  The whole case is confusing!

Several of us keep telling you that the “Lee Harvey Oswald” referred to by the anonymous caller was in all likelihood not the same boy whose early years in Louisiana and Texas were described in the Warren Report.  We think he is a different person who went by the same name.

But since you seem interested in finding Hungarian associations of the surname Oswald (and close variants), if you have the time and inclination perhaps you could check your genealogical sources to see if there is any reference to identical twin boys with this name being born sometime in the 1930s in Hungary?  Bear in mind this is a VERY long shot.

Finally, if you aren’t sick of us yet, could you look into the name Istvan Gardos, named in the 1963 U.S. legal petition posted above by Matt Cloud?  Date of birth in Hungary is unstated, but he apparently became a Canadian citizen in 1955 and was deported from the U.S. in 1963.

On 3/6/2024 at 11:10 AM, John Kowalski said:

Has anyone checked the NYC city directory?

Successfully searching for Emil or Grace Gardos in Manhattan 1945 telephone directory:

Manh_1945_Gardos.jpg

Unsuccessfully searching for Fred B. Blair in Manhattan 1945 telephone directory:

Manh_1945_Blair.jpg

Will check 1946 through 1949 asap.

11 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Successfully searching for Emil or Grace Gardos in Manhattan 1945 telephone directory:

Manh_1945_Gardos.jpg

Unsuccessfully searching for Fred B. Blair in Manhattan 1945 telephone directory:

Manh_1945_Blair.jpg

Will check 1946 through 1949 asap.

Jim,

FWIW, you may recall that John Butler discovered four years ago that Blair's use of "Fred" was a nickname - his birth name was "Carroll", which caused John some confusion until he realized the mistake. I have no idea if Blair ever legally changed his first name to "Fred" or just used it as a suitable alternative to the ambiguous "Carroll". 

Anyway, I doubt that Blair was ever listed in a phone book. If he did spend time in NYC in the mid-1940's, he probably temporarily stayed/visited his sister Grace and her communist husband Emil Gardos, their son John (and maybe . . . our little "Oswald"?) at 217 E. 86th Street in Yorkville. 

Also, can you check these directories for Louis Weinstock?

(Slight variation: can you check NYC directories to see if Edwin Ekdahl had any NYC addresses at any time in the 1940's?)

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Paul,

I found what Simpich wrote on this page:

https://aarclibrary.org/the-jfk-case-the-twelve-who-built-the-oswald-legend-part-4-when-the-u-2-goes-down-oswald-is-ready-to-return/

He doesn't say how he accessed Oswald's 201 file.

Thanks, Sandy. Found it.

Interesting - clearly the name "Alek" or "Alik" or "Alex" or "Aleksey" or some variation thereof had some special significance to our man "Oswald " for years before November of 1963. 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=96527#relPageId=213

21 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Thanks, Sandy. Found it.

Interesting - clearly the name "Alek" or "Alik" or "Alex" or "Aleksey" or some variation thereof had some special significance to our man "Oswald " for years before November of 1963. 

Also, at the very bottom of this page there is a really tantalizing handwritten note by some CIA analyst which is very faded, but seems to read thus:

"(2) OSWALD was using the name "Alek" --------------- (really hard to read - very probably "frequently" then missing/deleted/partially erased/redacted word ? before resuming) "his stay in the USSR, but this is the only indication of its use in documentary form."

Did somebody later sort of erase or white out the missing word "before" in that sentence before it was released to the public?

If so, think what it would mean if the CIA had concluded that our "Oswald" was using the name "Alek" before he went to the Soviet Union!

12 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Thank you Jim.

1 hour ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Jim,

FWIW, you may recall that John Butler discovered four years ago that Blair's use of "Fred" was a nickname - his birth name was "Carroll", which caused John some confusion until he realized the mistake. I have no idea if Blair ever legally changed his first name to "Fred" or just used it as a suitable alternative to the ambiguous "Carroll". 

Anyway, I doubt that Blair was ever listed in a phone book. If he did spend time in NYC in the mid-1940's, he probably temporarily stayed/visited his sister Grace and her communist husband Emil Gardos, their son John (and maybe . . . our little "Oswald"?) at 217 E. 86th Street in Yorkville. 

Also, can you check these directories for Louis Weinstock?

(Slight variation: can you check NYC directories to see if Edwin Ekdahl had any NYC addresses at any time in the 1940's?)

Thanks.

From the 1946 Manhattan phone book:

A single entry for Ekdahl, which was,

Edkahl, Ruth A  125 WdswrthAv

Quite a few listings for Blair.  Here they are starting with Blair C and going through Blair F.  I too think its a long shot that Fred Blair or Carroll Blair or whatever his name was ever had his own residence in NYC.  It was expensive even back then.

Manh_1946_Blair.jpg

There is an entry for Louis Weinstock, but he appears to be an MD.

Manh_1946_Weinstock.jpg

I’ll take a look at another directory this evening or tomorrow, perhaps skipping to 1948.

Hi Jim, and everyone. I found these GARDOS peopl on a burial list...jewishgen.org is selfreported so not everyone eports to them their data.

What i think is impotant that there are differnt origial German names  among th GARDOS..So the name GARDOS does not mean the person is family reation to other Gardoshes

BURIALS

GARDOS, Berta
FRIEDMANN

27-Jul-1943

View Full Burial Record

/ 
Eger / Hungary

GÁRDOS, Zoltán
REINER

View Full Burial Record

/ 
Munkaszolg / Hungary

GÁRDOS, György
BLUM

03-Jun-1918

View Full Burial Record

/ 
Munkaszolg / Hungary

GÁRDOS, Oszkár
KOHN

04-Oct-1911

View Full Burial Record

/ 
Munkaszolg / Hungary

GÁRDOS, Artúr Pál
KOHN

26-Aug-1907

View Full Burial Record

/ 
Munkaszolg / Hungary

GÁRDOS, Pál
JANOVITZ

BIRTH RECORDS

Name

Date of Birth

Sex

Father

Mother

Town Registered / Record#

Jaras

Megye

Town Born

Comments

Source (Film/Item)

Image#

GROSZ / GARDOS, Herman

10-Apr-1872

M

Mozes

GROSZ Hani

Galszecs/128-17

Galszecs

Zemplén

Szilvas-Ujfalu

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1898

LDS 1924885, Item 1

GROSZ, Aladar

12-Apr-1878

M

Adolf

STERNBERG Lina

Budapest/47-01

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

Surname was changed to Gardos 29-Nov-1915. Father b. Tiszatarjan, Mother b. Acs

LDS 642966 Vol. 12

GOLDBERGER, Berta

21-Apr-1878

F

Mano

PFEFFER Adele

Budapest/51-02

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

father b. Zsadany. Mother b. Szekesfehervar. Changed name to Gardos

LDS 642966 Vol. 12

GRUNWALD, Regina

16-Jun-1882

F

Jakab

WEISZ Rozalia

Budapest/252-11

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

father born in Fadd, mother born in Garf; surname changed to Gardos

LDS 642967, Vol. 14

GOLDBERGER, Dezso

27-Feb-1884

M

Mor

SCHWARZ Netti

Budapest/238-02

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

Surname changed to GARDOS. Father b. Nemetpalanka, Mother b. Rajka

LDS 642968, Vol. 15

GOLDBERG, S. Mayer Zsiga

9-Dec-1860

M

M.

‑ Sali

Dunaszerdahely/118-15

Also-Csallokoz

Pozsony

Dunaszerdahely

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1917.

LDS 1783153, Item 1

GOLDSTEIN, Izidor

24-Sep-1886

M

Fulop

BERGMAN Netti

Budapest/115-11

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

father-UjBela, Szepesmegye mother-Relyov, Szepesmegye. Surname changed to GARDOS 11-Sep-1907

LDS 642969, Vol 17

GLUCKSTAHL, Karoly

19-Apr-1890

M

Samu

EISLER Gizela

Budapest/19-06

Local Gov't.

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

surname changed to GARDOS on 10-Dec-1907. Father b. Tapolcza

LDS 642971, Vol. 20

Name

Date of Birth

Sex

Father

Mother

Jaras

Megye

Town Born

Comments

Source (Film/Item)

Image#

GLUCKSTHAL, Laszlo

26-Oct-1892

M

Samu

EISLER Gizela

Budapest/32-05

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

Family name changed to Gardos on 10-Dec-1907. Father born in Tapolca. Mother born locally.

LDS 642972, Vol. 22

GOLDSTEIN, Geza / Gershon

07-Mar-1894

M

Fulop

BERGSMANN Netti

Budapest/139-05

Local Gov't

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

Father b. Uj-Bela, Szepcs m., Mother b. Relov. Changed name to Gardos

LDS 642972, Vol. 23

GLUCKSTHAL, Geza / Moshe

22-Jul-1894

M

Samu

EISLER Gizela

Budapest/245-02

Local Gov't.

Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kiskun

Pest

Father b. Tapolcza- Zala m. Changed name to Gardos

LDS 642972, Vol. 23

GOLDSTEIN, Andor

10-Apr-1890

M

József

HERSCHKOVITS Iza

Nagyvárad/196-09

Local Gov’t.

Bihar

Nagyvárad

legit.; circum.17-Apr-1890; f.'s bpl.: Hajdu-Dorog; m.'s bpl.: Nyiregyháza; f.'s prof.: men's tailor; Witness:WEISZ Izidor, butcher, Nagyvárad. Surname changed to GÁRDOS (Vital Records Office Nagyvárad 24882/1941)

Romanian Nat'l Archives - Oradea: 765

GRUNFELD, Jakob / Jeno

28-Apr-1870

M

Elias

Neti

Margitta/764-06

Margitta

Bihar

Bodonyos Patak

DAVIDOVITS -witness; officially changed his name to GARDOS (Image#17)

Romanian Nat'l Archaives - Oradea: 608

GARDOS / GUTMANMoritz

22-Jul-1878

M

David

DEUTS Tancsi

Nagyvarad/321-126

Local Gov't.

Bihar

Nagyvarad

Changed surname to GARDOS in 1914

Romanian Nat'l Archives - Oradea: 761

GARDOS / GRUNWALD, Eugenie

20-May-1885

F

Vilmos

RICHTER Anna

Olublo/55-08

Local Govt.

Szepes

Szulin

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1900.

LDS 1739890, Item 5

GARDOS / GOLDSTEIN, Abraham

11-Oct-1875

M

Simon

GOLDSTEIN Rebeka

Abaujszanto/178-12

Gonc

Abaúj-Torna

Alsomera

Sandak Moritz GROSZ / 1910 surname change to GARDOS

LDS 642,726

GARDOS / GROSZMAN, Benzi

10-Sep-1877

M

Marcus

ROTTMAN Perl

Abaujszanto/218-09

Gonc

Abaúj-Torna

Kety

Sandak Philip HABERMAN. 1914 surname change to GARDOS noted

LDS 642,726

GARDOS / GOLDSTEIN, Ignatz

07-Dec-1877

M

Simon

FRIED Rebeka

Abaujszanto/221-02

Gonc

Abaúj-Torna

Alsomera

Sandak Farkas GOLDSTEIN / 1916 surname change to GARDOS noted

LDS 642,726

Name

Date of Birth

Sex

Father

Mother

Jaras

Megye

Town Born

Comments

Source (Film/Item)

Image#

GARDOS / GIBS, Oszkar / Eizik

04-Jun-1884

M

Jozef

MARKUSZ Katalin

Nagy-Kanizsa/178-09

Kanizsa

Zala

Nagy-Kanizsa

Father train conductor. Sandak: Jozsef GOTTREICH. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1902

LDS 642,949

GÁRDOS / GRÜNVALD, David / Dezso

20-May-1886

M

Herman

BERGER Hani

Elesd/2-7

Elesd

Bihar

Dubricsony

Father teacher, born in Bodrog Keresztur, mother born in Nagy Házdi[?]. Witness Izidor WEISS, Dubricsony

Romanian Nat'l Archives - Oradea, Reg.41

GARDOS, Laszlo / Zevulun

20-Jun-1903

M

Marton / Mordechai

Tiszolcz / Tisovec/25-06

Rimaszombat

Gömör

Nyustya

Sandak Sandor SCHLESINGER from Libetbanya [Zolyom]. Baby died.

LDS 2385087 Item 5

GARDOS / GRUNFELD, Izidor

Jan-1873

M

‑‑

‑‑ ‑‑

Margitta/5188-1

Margitta

Bihar

--

Left page missing, date of birth approximate. Sandak Moricz GRUNFELD. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1812.

Romanian Nat'l Archives-Oradea, Reg.924

GARDOS / GLAUBER, Regina / Rivka

22-Aug-1884

F

Josef / Yosef

KOCH Josefin

Arad/1884-110

Arad

Arad

Arad

Surname changed GARDOS, 1906

Romanian Nat'l Archives-Arad, Reg.6

GARDOS / GRUNBAUM, Jakab

10-Mar-1882

M

Ignacz

HOROVITZ Roza

Gyongyos/1882-50-17

Local gov't

Heves

Gyongyos

Sandak David HOROVITZ. 1918 surname change GARDOS

LDS 642,817

GÁRDOS / GRÜNBERGER, Ármin

02-Sep-1890

M

Jakab

ROSENBERG Amália

Pécs/98-60

Local Gov't

Baranya

Pécs

Father tailor, b. Sz. Szt. Király (Szabadszentkirály), mother b. Nagybajom. Sandak: GEIRINGER Lajos, tailor in Pécs. Surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1905.

LDS#7951731, Vol.3, img.309

GRUNFELD, Bela / Adalbert

09-Jun-1905

M

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvarad/540-902

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvarad

Father 23, store clerk, born in Torda. Mother 20, born in Nagyvarad. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1913. Married Etelca Estera KAUFMANN in Oradea on Dec. 9, 1931. Emigrated in 1966.

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.5

GARDOS / GRUNFELD, Elza

16-Aug-1905

F

Izidor

KOHN Roza

Nagyvarad/6465 / 140-1101

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvarad

Father aged 23, accountant in Campina [Romania], b. Bodonos. Mother aged 20, b. Nagyvarad. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1912. Died on 26 Jan 1983 in Tirgu Mures [Marosvasarhely]

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.6

Name

Date of Birth

Sex

Father

Mother

Jaras

Megye

Town Born

Comments

Source (Film/Item)

Image#

GÁRDOS / GRÜNFELD, Róza

17-Oct-1907

F

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvárad/4761-1538

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvárad

Father sales clerk, age 26; mother, age 23. Surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1913. Married Mauritiu FEHER(?) in Oradea on Feb.12, 1930.

Romanian Nat'l Archives-Oradea, Reg.10

GÁRDOS / GRÜNFELD, Anna

08-May-1910

F

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvárad/5577-704

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvárad

Fathern salesman, age 28; mother age 25. surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1913.

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.13

GRUNFELD, Bela / Adalbert

09-Jun-1905

M

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvarad/540-902

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvarad

Father 23, store clerk, born in Torda. Mother 20, born in Nagyvarad. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1913. Married Etelca Estera KAUFMANN in Oradea on Dec. 9, 1931. Emigrated in 1966.

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.5

GARDOS / GRUNFELD, Elza

16-Aug-1905

F

Izidor

KOHN Roza

Nagyvarad/6465 / 140-1101

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvarad

Father aged 23, accountant in Campina [Romania], b. Bodonos. Mother aged 20, b. Nagyvarad. Surname changed to GARDOS in 1912. Died on 26 Jan 1983 in Tirgu Mures [Marosvasarhely]

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.6

GÁRDOS / GRÜNFELD, Róza

17-Oct-1907

F

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvárad/4761-1538

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvárad

Father sales clerk, age 26; mother, age 23. Surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1913. Married Mauritiu FEHER(?) in Oradea on Feb.12, 1930.

Romanian Nat'l Archives-Oradea, Reg.10

GÁRDOS / GRÜNFELD, Anna

08-May-1910

F

Ferencz

KLEIN Margit

Nagyvárad/5577-704

Local Gov't

Bihar

Nagyvárad

Fathern salesman, age 28; mother age 25. surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1913.

Romanian Nat'l Archives -Oradea, Reg.13

GARDOS / GRUNWALD, Henrietta

F

Liptoszentmiklos/394-97

Local Gov't

Lipto

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1900. Note added to the end of the 1883 register.

Slovak State Archive Bytca, Liptovsky Mikulas, Secondary rec's

Name

Date of Birth

Sex

Father

Mother

Jaras

Megye

Town Born

Comments

Source (Film/Item)

Image#

GARDOS / GRUNVALD, Eugenia

--

F

‑‑

‑‑ ‑‑

Liptoszentmiklos/406-25

Local Gov't

Lipto

--

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1900. Note added to the end of the 1885 register.

GARDOS . GRUNVALD, Regina

--

F

‑‑ ‑‑

Liptoszentmiklos/424-89

Local Gov't

Lipto

--

surname changed to GARDOS in 1900. name change listed at the end of the 1886 register

GARDOS / GRUNVALD, Armin

--

M

‑‑

‑‑ ‑‑

Liptoszentmiklos/438-70

Local Gov't

Lipto

Liptoszentmiklos

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1900. Note appears at the end of the 1888 birth register.

GARDOS / GRUNWALD, Gyula

M

Liptoszentmiklos/457-80

Local Gov't

Lipto

Surname changed to GARDOS in 1900. Note is at the end of the 1890 birth register.

GRUNVALD, Miksa

--

M

‑‑

‑‑ ‑‑

Liptoszentmiklos/472-74

Local Gov't

Lipto

Liptoszentmiklos

surname changed to GARDOS in 1900; recorded at end of the 1892 births register.

GUTHARD / GÁRDOS, Moritz / Moshe

10-Oct-1872

M

Ignacz

BERGER Therese

Veszprém/191-47

Local gov't

Veszprém

Veszprém

Sandek: FELDBAUER Jakab and wife née SCHWARZ Kornélia. Surname changed to GÁRDOS in 1910

LDS 7952161

So we must only look for the GROSS- who Hungarized into Gardos 8the Grünwald, Gold, Roth and other Gardosh are unimportant... 

Hre I collected all the (self-reported jewishgen.org list) EMIL GROSS in the hope of finding EMIL GARDOS as born mayb GROSS. But No luck here. He was born maybe as a GARDOS already  in 1915 (self-reported in NARA list).

Emil GROSS

Ludwig GROSS + Sofi  

Edward George Rapp (#82083)
Last logged in: November 2008

07 Sep 2003

Name

Born

Married

Died

Father + Mother

Spouse

Researcher

Last Update

Emil GROSS

Miriam Rebecca Hellman HEILMAN 

Kathryn M Wallach (#5588)
Last logged in: February 2024

25 Sep 2023

Emil GROSZ

Irma METH 

Eva Esther Cox (#532791)
Last logged in: February 2021

7 Aug 2017

Emil GROSZ

Bella BLASS 

Judith Grosz - Michalski (#701576)
Last logged in: April 2021

27 Sep 2020

Emil (Elkan) GROSZ

Jacob GROSZ + Joszefa (Peppy) SCHONHAUSER 

Last logged in: February 2024

7 Apr 2023

THANKS MATT...I did not remember this letter of mine...i did not get an answer from HK. And I waited patiently until he departs ....with starting to want to see  why he needed to avoid responding.

i have no memory of this letter, only that i could not see him in 2019 when I was a few days in NYC and the secretary postponed the meeting each day...I read in the Isaacson bio on him, that it was his regular trick if he wanted to show respect by saying yES LETS MEET but then the Secretary  would phone each day on the change of schedule HOW SORRY HE IS....(He did it with DAniel Ellsberg in that book.) 

As for ISTVAN Gardos i went to FACEBOOK and found  these ....But i think we had in 2019 the contct of the reaal Gardos grand-daughter, Mrs Russ Geck.

Istvan Gardos

@istvan.gardos.9
@istvan.gardos.7
@istvan.gardos.79
@istvan.gardos.5

Lives in Graz, Austria
Edited by Geo Kozma
To make it clearer