The Education Forum

Jim Gochenauer has Passed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Sandy,

Moore did not do his pressuring for the HSCA, it was for the Warren Commission.

According to JIm, it was Moore and Roger Warner who went to Parkland.

See, although the film of the Perry/Clark press conference somehow disappeared (Hmm) the Secret Service had the transcript.

So Moore was called in, I think he was in Seattle, and he was going to be their initial guy on the cover up, clearly endorsed by Rowley and Kelly.

Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig in her book on the Secret Service Zero Fail wrote that every major thing SS director James Rowley did after the JFK assassination had to be approved by Rufus Youngblood, who was Lyndon Johnson's #1 Secret Service agent. In other words, Rufus Youngblood was de facto running the Secret Service post JFK assassination, formal titles  and nominal chains of command be damned.

I don't think Leonnig understood the significance of this.

2 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig in her book on the Secret Service Zero Fail wrote that every major thing SS director James Rowley did after the JFK assassination had to be approved by Rufus Youngblood, who was Lyndon Johnson's #1 Secret Service agent. In other words, Rufus Youngblood was de facto running the Secret Service post JFK assassination, formal titles  and nominal chains of command be damned.

I don't think Leonnig understood the significance of this.

RM--Very interesting insight. 

The people who are in the JFKA research community, with the background to understand the JFKA (even if we disagree on points) are dwindling. In another 10 years....

Some say there is not that much inside the JFK Records. 

Really, and that is why the national security state is flagrantly, aggressively, and at great length violating the terms of the JFK Records Act. I would say 3,000 records, 60 years after the JFKA, that the national security state does not want you to see, does not suggest banal official forms. 

That is why, even yet, the media continually refers to people who are involved  in JFKA research as "conspiracy nuts."

Now, Jim Grochenaur has passed, never having his right as a citizen to see the records fulfilled. 

I looked up p; 64 n the Zero Fail book.  No objective person can interpret what she says there as dealing with the process of the Warren Commission inquiry.  Its clearly Secret Service practices.

I also talked to Randy T, a very good author on the subject, about Jackie during the Missile Crisis.  She left for two days with her sister.  Then JFK called her back.   Jackie clearly had PTSD after JFK's murder.

I will now put Robert Morrow on ignore, he has an agenda about a mile wide.

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I looked up p; 64 n the Zero Fail book.  No objective person can interpret what she says there as dealing with the process of the Warren Commission inquiry.  Its clearly Secret Service practices.

I also talked to Randy T, a very good author on the subject, about Jackie during the Missile Crisis.  She left for two days with her sister.  Then JFK called her back.   Jackie clearly had PTSD after JFK's murder.

I will now put Robert Morrow on ignore, he has an agenda about a mile wide.

Dear Jim DiEugenio,

Lyndon Johnson installed Rufus Youngblood, his right hand man, and fellow conspirator in the JFK assassination, as the de facto chief of the Secret Service and this applied to every major decision made by the Secret Service. Rowley could not make a move with LBJ/Youngblood approving it. As for Jackie Kennedy, both she and Evelyn Lincoln, in real time and on the Air Force One ride back to Dallas, fingered Lyndon Johnson as having involvement in the JFK assassination. Evelyn Lincoln, JFK's secretary for 12 years, in particular made it clear to anyone who talked with her that Lyndon Johnson was a key player in the high cabal that murdered JFK. Furthermore, Robert Kennedy, immediately knew LBJ had murdered JFK but he could not do anything about it because he was politically castrated. Lyndon Johnson, who orchestrated the JFK assassination, was deeply concerned that Robert Kennedy would not let him assume power. Robert Kennedy, in November 1963, at the behest of his brother, was running a two-pronged "destoy LBJ" campaign that entailed sending over 40 national reporters to go to Texas (see Horace Busby for this) to dig up fatal dirt on LBJ and also included and RFK-fed Senate Rules Committee investigation into LBJ's epic corruption. Don Reynolds, a former associate of Bobby Baker, LBJ's man who predicted the JFK would not serve out the term of his office and would die a violent death, was giving closed door testimony on LBJ's spectacular corruption at 12:30 CST, the very time a bullet went into JFK's head.

Lyndon Johnson in real time in November, 1963 was acutely aware of the Kennedy's "destroy LBJ" gameplan and Lyndon Johnson was highly concerned and agitated about this, so he took ACTION to end this imminent personal and political threat of the Kennedy's having their knives at his belly.

Decades later, Ethel Kennedy was asked by her longtime hairdresser who killed Kennedy. Ethel Kennedy responded, "We all thought it was Lyndon Johnson." My source on this is an attendee at a JFK assassination conference who met Ethel Kennedy's hairdresser on the Ruby Princess cruise in January, 2015.

Furthermore, on top of all that, in summer of 1964 Jackie Kennedy's mother Janet Auchincloss believed that Lyndon Johnson had something to do with JFK's murder. Janet Auchincloss did not know how or why, but she was sure of it. You might want to talk with Randy Taraborrelli about this because it is in his book Jackie: Public Private Secret (published in 2023) on p. 179.

1964: Lyndon Johnson was very hostile to Secret Service director James Rowley – so much so that “Rowley could not make a decision… without Youngblood signing off on it"

In early 1964, President Johnson shocked Rowley by ordering him to cut the number of agents on his detail. The president handed down his orders just as the Secret Service chief was pressing Congress to agree to let him hire at least a hundred more agents in the coming year. “I want less when I go into the campaign than you had before the assassination,” Johnson told him.

Johnson’s motivation was political showmanship. Days earlier, he had promised a budget with the lowest federal spending in years. “I won’t even go to the bathroom if I have to have more people,” he told Rowley. “I’ll just stay right behind these black gates.” The president grew even more hostile toward Rowley that year, accusing him of everything from “running a dictatorship” to “trying to get me killed.” Johnson’s erratic meddling played havoc with the Service’s orderly hierarchy. He had installed Rufus Youngblood as his detail leader, and he soon began swearing him to secrecy about upcoming trips. The president also gave Youngblood final say on who served on the detail or got promoted. Johnson later tried to kick Hill, a Service hero, off the detail because he didn’t trust anyone who had been that close to the Kennedys. Youngblood persuaded Johnson to give him a chance.

This palace intrigue further demoralized the Service “when it was going through a serious bout of cancer,” agent Larry Newman said. “Rowley could not make a decision…without Youngblood signing off. It was like we had two leaders.

“People were talking about the FBI taking over,” Newman added. “The press was saying the Service sucks. The field was in turmoil. Nobody knew what was going to happen….And the Warren Commission report information was coming out.”

Rowley took endless abuse from his new president. But to the agents of the Secret Service, the chief was a hero. That feeling was only vindicated by how the quiet man they knew handled a contentious interview before the Warren Commission. On June 18, Rowley arrived at the commission offices in a Capitol

UNQUOTE

[Carol Leonnig, Zero Fail: the Rise and Fall of the Secret Service, p. 64]

Regarding Jackie Kennedy and her extreme dislike of Lyndon Johnson, especially in the years after the JFK assassination (which she had immediately fingered him as the perp)

Jackie Kennedy on her Mistrust of Lyndon Johnson. Source is Meg Azzoni, an early girlfriend of JFK, Jr.

One of JFK, Jr.'s best friends at the Phillips Academy was Meg Azzoni. In spring, 1977, she and John went to visit Jackie while Caroline was still at Harvard. Meg says: "Jackie told John and I at the 'break-the-fast' breakfast, 'I did not like or trust Lyndon Johnson.' No one said another word the whole meal in memorial contemplative silence."

[Meg Azzoni, "John F. Kennedy, Jr. to Meg Azzoni: 11 Letters: Memories of Kennedys & Reflections on His Quest,” p. 52] 

Arthur Schlesinger on Robert Kennedy being convinced at one point that Lyndon Johnson had murdered John Kennedy

"We tried to perpetuate the myth by convincing ourselves that we were good and that LBJ was evil. I remember one time Bobby telling me he was convinced that Lyndon was behind his brother's death. 'Come on Bob. Get real.' I said. His other theory had it that Richard Nixon and Howard Hughes were somehow involved. He hated them both. 'Nixon's a true slimebucket,' he said. 'And I should have investigated Hughes years ago.'" 

[C. David Heymann, RFK, p. 365]

Kenny O’Donnell, JFK’s chief of staff, in real time on 11/22/1963 and on the flight back from Dallas suspected Lyndon Johnson in the JFK assassination; just as both Jackie Kennedy and Evelyn Lincoln did

Oswald in the doorway: the blog of the Oswald Innocence Campaign, by Ralph Cinque

Joachim Joesten in the Dark Side of Lyndon Johnson – Joesten is quoting an Edward Epstein article in Commentary magazine that is quoting the original, unexpurgated manuscript of William Manchester’s Death of a President that the Kennedys made Manchester sanitize.

Thomas Halle (in a book review):

By far the most interesting aspect of this matter, however, is Epstein's contention that Manchester's original theme, which gave unity to his book, was 'the notion that Johnson, the successor, was somehow responsible for the death-of his predecessor'. Several quotations from the original draft bear out this contention. At one point, the Lancer version states, 'The shattering fact of the assassination is that a Texas murder has made a Texan President'. At another, Kenneth O'Donnell, Kennedy's appointments secretary, is quoted as exclaiming 'They did it. I always knew they'd do it. You couldn't expect anything else from them. They finally made it'. Then Manchester comments: 'He didn't specify who "they" were. It was unnecessary. They were Texans, Johnsonians'.

UNQUOTE

JFK researcher Dan Storper (8-9-2021 email) to Robert Morrow regarding Jackie Kennedy:

Dan Storper:

Thanks, Robert. Jackie also told a friend of mine and his family that she thought LBJ was responsible.

UNQUOTE

Edited by Robert Morrow
Adding additional info on Jackie/LBJ relationship

Who was Rufus Youngblood? Youngblood was LBJ's Secret Service agent right hand man who was so chummy with LBJ that he bought a house out in the Hill Country to be close to Lyndon Johnson. Youngblood was also the Secret Service agent who held a small walkie talkie over the back seat so LBJ could hear it mere moments before John Kennedy was shot in the head on Elm Street, Dallas, TX. LBJ and Youngblood were listening to the walkie talkie turned down low so no one else could hear it.

There is no innocent explanation for this and it is proof that both Lyndon Johnson and Rufus Youngblood were involved in the JFK assassination.

Lyndon Johnson also fabricated the fantasy the Secret Service agent Youngblood "vaulted" over the seats and covered LBJ's body with his own during the JFK assassination. That flat out never happened and we know this because Sen. Ralph Yarborough, a man who did not like LBJ, was sitting in the backseat and he said this never happened. LBJ's crone Lady Bird and Youngblood went along with LBJ's Big Fat Lie about this.

In 1963, on the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Ralph Yarborough rode in the motorcade only two cars back from the presidential limousine.  Yarborough was in the same convertible as Vice President Lyndon Johnson, Lady Bird Johnson, and secret service agent Rufus Youngblood.

In several interviews, Yarborough voiced suspicions of a JFK conspiracy.

Yarborough's Suspicion of the Military-Industrial Complex

"As we approached the city and then finally turned down Main Street toward the Trinity River, the crowd increased as we got to the heart of Dallas ... and one of the most enthusiastic crowds we saw in any city we ran into in Texas on that tour ... that's on the sidewalks.  Now if you looked up, in the upper stories, I never saw a single smile in any window I looked at.  Some looked down ... it looked like ... with dislike on their faces."
--former Senator Ralph Yarborough, interviewed in the documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy:  Part 1:  The Coup D'etat

"Had Kennedy lived, I think we would have had no Vietnam War, with all of its traumatic and divisive influences in America.  I think we would have escaped that.  I think the world would have escaped the 50,000 odd Americans dead and 300,000 more wounded and over half a million more hooked on dangerous drugs ... tropical diseases ... the divisiveness of that war that so many of the people thought unjustified and unnecessary ... and that we shouldn't have been there ... that split this country.  Many of those things have lingered on since."
--former senator Ralph Yarborough, interviewed in the documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy:  Part 5:  The Witnesses

Yarborough's Suspicion of Lyndon Johnson

"There is the well-publicized story of Agent Rufus Youngblood, who reportedly threw himself on top of Vice President Johnson after the shooting began in Dealey Plaza....  Johnson, in a statement to the Warren Commission, mentioned the incident:

I was startled by a sharp report or explosion, but I had no time to speculate as to its origin because Agent Youngblood turned in a flash, immediately after the first explosion, hitting me on the shoulder, and shouted to all of us in the back seat to get down.  I was pushed down by Agent Youngblood.  Almost in the same moment in which he hit or pushed me, he vaulted over the back seat and sat on me.  I was bent over under the weight of Agent Youngblood's body, toward Mrs. Johnson and Senator Yarborough....

However, former Texas senator Ralph Yarborough, who was sitting beside Johnson that day, told this author:  'It just didn't happen....  It was a small car, Johnson was a big man, tall.  His knees were up against his chin as it was.  There was no room for that to happen.'  Yarborough recalled that both Johnson and Youngblood ducked down as the shooting began and that Youngblood never left the front seat.  Yarborough said Youngblood held a small walkie-talkie over the back of the car's seat and that he and Johnson both put their ears to the device.  He added:  'They had it turned down real low.  I couldn't hear what they were listening to.'"
--Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy

Yarborough's Suspicion of the Warren Commission Investigators

"A couple of fellows [from the Warren Commission] came to see me.  They walked in like they were a couple of deputy sheriffs and I was a bank robber.  I didn't like their attitude.  As a senator I felt insulted.  They went off and wrote up something and brought it back for me to sign.  But I refused.  I threw it in a drawer and let it lay there for weeks.  And they had on there the last sentence which stated:  'This is all I know about the assassination.'  They wanted me to sign this thing, then say this is all I know.  Of course, I would never have signed it.  Finally, after some weeks, they began to bug me.  'You're holding this up, you're holding this up' they said, demanding that I sign the report.  So I typed one up myself and put basically what I told you about how the cars all stopped.  I put in there, 'I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but for the protection of future presidents, they should be trained to take off when a shot is fired.'  I sent that over.  That's dated July 10, 1964, after the assassination.  To my surprise, when the volumes were finally printed and came out, I was surprised at how many people down at the White House didn't file their affidavits until after the date, after mine the 10th of July, waiting to see what I was going to say before they filed theirs.  I began to lose confidence then in their investigation and that's further eroded with time."
--Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy

Edited by Robert Morrow

46 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

There needs to be a master list of information suggesting conspiracy theorizing in the Kennedy family.

It all points towards LBJ: Robert Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, Evelyn Lincoln (not family, but close), Ethel Kennedy, Kenny O'Donnell (JFK's appointments secretary) - they all suspected Lyndon Johnson immediately. William Manchester's book Death of a President had to be censored because there was so much anti-LBJ material in it that the Kennedys felt like it would make them look bad, like sore losers - at at time when RFK wanted to preserve his presidential aspirations. The Kennedys actually sued William Manchester, there were so desperate to remove the anti-LBJ sentiment in it - which was based off of interviews with the Kennedys and their staff! The Kennedys did not think the American public would appreciate how lowly they thought of LBJ.

The Kennedys immediately sent family friend William Walton to the USSR after the JFK assassination, and one of the things he underscored was that it was a grotesque mistake to pick Lyndon Johnson as Vice President. This is one reason by September of 1965 the KGB, then the World's largest intelligence service, had INTERNALLY CONCLUDED that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination. Web link, Hoover memo to LBJ, 12/1/1966: https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32204484.pdf

Robert Kennedy, Jr. - like Oliver Stone and David Talbot - has not figured out that LBJ orchestrated the JFK assassination. JFK was not murdered because he "was not going to prosecute the Vietnam War." I actually believe that the actually shooters of JFK, the field team, were enraged over Kennedy Cuba policy (no invasion, shutting down the anti-Castro camps, etc.).

I had a Kennedy insider - a close friend of the family - call me one time years ago. He said that the Kennedys suspected LBJ or Richard Nixon in the JFK assassination. Years later so much points towards LBJ and absolutely nothing points towards Richard Nixon, who like Barry Goldwater and the KGB, became convinced that Lyndon Johnson had orchestrated the JFK assassination.

Edited by Robert Morrow

14 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

There needs to be a master list of information suggesting conspiracy theorizing in the Kennedy family.

Maybe there needs to be a little more respect shown to Jim Gochenauer as a witness in regard to his passing.

Secret Service agent Elmer Moore told Jim Gochenaur that Lyndon Johnson believed in a conspiracy in the JFK assassination

[“JFK Files – Secret Service agent opens up about JFK’s murder,” Jeff Meek, Hot Springs Village Voice, June 20, 2023.]

https://www.hsvvoice.com/stories/jfk-files-secret-service-agent-opens-up-about-jfks-murder,22172

There was also a time when Moore pulled out a huge folio of documents and photos from his safe. Gochenaur remembers seeing a transparency of one of those famous backyard photos of Oswald holding a rifle and on it he could clearly see a line across the photo through Oswald’s chin area. “It looked fishy in the chin line,” Gochenaur said. (Note: This is significant because for decades some have felt, and Oswald said, the photos are a fake, it’s Oswald’s face on another person’s body. Studies have shown both sides of that argument). Moore also said that LBJ thought the murder involved a conspiracy.

Then Moore dropped a bombshell when he told Gochenaur that he received orders to intimidate Parkland Hospital Dr. Malcom Perry into recanting his statement that the wound in the front of Kennedy’s neck was an entrance wound. Moore told Perry that he would ruin his practice if he (Perry) didn’t change his statements to say the throat wound was an exit wound. (Note: this finding was significant to the Warren Commission conclusions that the throat wound was an exit wound because the Commission said that same bullet caused all 5 of Gov. Connelly’s wounds, who was seated in front of Kennedy). Gochenaur: “Moore told me he was ordered to verbally put Perry up against a wall to not say it was a frontal wound.”

UNQUOTE

33 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

Moore also said that LBJ thought the murder involved a conspiracy.

So what.  Gochenauer never says Moore said LBJ "did" it.  Your using this thread with your highlighted and bold print as well as the large blue highlighted print to perpetuate your theory LBJ did at the expense of Jim who is now deceased and cannot comment on such.

38 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

So what.  Gochenauer never says Moore said LBJ "did" it.  Your using this thread with your highlighted and bold print as well as the large blue highlighted print to perpetuate your theory LBJ did at the expense of Jim who is now deceased and cannot comment on such.

I never said Gochenaur said that Moore said LBJ did it. The wording of my post is quite clear. It is year another example of someone (Elmer Moore) telling us that Lyndon Johnson believed in a conspiracy in the JFK assassination and most certainly did not believe in the Warren Report fantasy.

Jim DiEugenio, in an earlier post made a reference to Jackie Kennedy having PTSD - he is referring to Jackie Kennedy who in real time on the Air Force One turned to her secretary Pamela Turnure and said QUOTE Lyndon Johnson did it. UNQUOTE[Eddie Fisher, Been There, Done That: An Autobiography, pp. 257-258] Jimmy likes to pooh pooh that quote which I think is quite legit and extremely important.

Pamela Turnure was a mistress of JFK (exposed by Florence Kater just before the 1960 presidential campaign) and Kennedy had her installed as Jackie's press secretary as a way of hiding her out in the open. Pamela Turnure later dated the famous singer Eddie Fisher who she told this anecdote to. In 1999 Eddie Fisher told this anecdote in his autobiography Been There Done That, pp. 257-258.

I wanted to underscore to DiEugenio that it was not merely Jackie Kennedy who thought LBJ had killed JFK, but also Robert Kennedy, Ethel Kennedy, Evelyn Lincoln and Kenny O'Donnell who thought this as well.

DiEugenio also pooh poohed my saying that Lyndon Johnson installed his Secret Service agent Rufus Youngblood as the de facto leader of the Secret Service in 1964. The readers can read the passage from Carol Leonnig's book Zero Fail, p. 64 and decide if I accurately described what she wrote. I posted above the relevant excerpt from Leonnig's book.

DiEugenio commented about Rufus Youngblood and DiEugenio commented about Jackie; that is why I responded to his post.

Edited by Robert Morrow

On 3/16/2024 at 4:23 AM, Gil Jesus said:

Another hero in the search for the truth has passed. RIP Jim G.

Bump.