The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination: Hunting Down the Mauser

He conviently didn’t mention the several photos and films of the Carcanno that were taken inside and outside the TSBD. Of course, there is zero images of a Mauser in despite of what Craig claimed. Again, another Cter who does his best to cover the truth in the JFK assassination.

15 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

To believe they didn't find a Mauser is to believe the cops couldn't read.

Denny, good one!

Probably just me, as a plain ole citizen firearms owner and casually interested in them, whenever I look at/handle any firearm that is not mine, after ensuing the firearm is clear, the very first thing I do is to naturally look at any nomenclature engraved thereon - you know - the manufacturer, the caliber - that sort of thing.

I'm kind of thinking, that a little later that very same day if someone should ask me what kind of gun I looked at - well, "Gee whillikers, Batman" - I do rightly believe that I'd rightly remember, even if i should "confuse my memory" by say, writing a report on what I saw and/or just happened to sign an affidavit, there about. 

'Course, I cannot comment on what my actions would be if at one time, I had just happened to manage or own a gun store.  Do ya think that maybe all that familiarity with firearms might confuse me?

Almost forgot, gosh.  I guess maybe if I were Dallas, TX, law enforcement officer examining a firearm that could've been used to kill the POTUS, I'd probably be so discombobulated that I'd just report any ole manufacturer/caliber that came to mind.

Whatcha think? 🤪   

19 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

And to believe the police actually did find a Mauser in the Book Depository instead of Lee Oswald's Carcano is to believe the plotters who were attempting to frame Oswald for JFK's murder* must have had the collective I.Q. of a box of broken toothpicks, as they apparently thought they could frame Oswald by planting a Mauser in the TSBD even though they had to know that their designated patsy owned a Mannlicher-Carcano. (Brilliant move there, huh?)

* And a huge number of conspiracy theorists all around the globe do, of course, hold the wholly unsupportable belief that Oswald was, indeed, being set up as the proverbial patsy on 11/22/63 AD.

http://DVP's JFK Archives / Mauser Or Mannlicher-Carcano?

Edited by David Von Pein

19 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Right On Grand Master Flash Denny!

The testimony of William H. Shelley was taken at 3 p.m., on May 14, 1964, in the office of the U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building, Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Joseph A. Ball, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

Mr. BALL. Mr. Shelley, you have been sworn and this will be a continuation of your deposition. You are still under oath, you understand that?
Mr. SHELLEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Do you recall seeing a couple of guns in the Texas School Book Depository Building on the 20th of November 1963?

Mr. SHELLEY. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. Where?

Mr. SHELLEY. Just outside Mr. Truly's office on the will-call counter.

Mr. BALL. And how did they get there?

Mr. SHELLEY. Mr. Warren Caster had just purchased them and brought them in and stopped by to see us.

Mr. BALL. Did you handle the guns?

Mr. SHELLEY. I held the .22.

Mr. BALL. And was there another make of gun too---there was, wasn't there?

>>>>>   Mr. SHELLEY. Yes; I believe there was a .30-06 Mauser that had been converted. It was a foreign make converted to a .30-06.  <<<<<< !!!!!

Mr. BALL. Did you handle that?
Mr. SHELLEY. No.
Mr. BALL. What happened to the guns?
Mr. SHELLEY. Well, we looked them over, like you do any new toy, and he putts them back in the box and goes out of the door.
Mr. BALL. And did you ever see them again?
Mr. SHELLEY. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen any guns in that building before that date?
Mr. SHELLEY. No, sir.

Gee what an incredible coincidence... Shelley never saw a rifle brought into the TXSBD building in his 12 years there ... until just two days before 11/22/1963? And one is a MAUSER?

James Day has written several interesting articles, which are linked to the one on the Mauser. He has done a lot of interesting research tying in to his book on the Mad Bishops. 

On 3/29/2024 at 2:48 PM, Denny Zartman said:

I'm not a gun person.   How prominent is the identifying writing on both the Mauser and the Mannlicher Carcano?

Thanks.    Thanks very much.

Please allow a little pushback.    The images appear to be from a variety of non-JFK-related guns.   

I'd be very interested in the identifying marks of the two guns in question.

K

1 hour ago, K K Lane said:

Thanks.    Thanks very much.

Please allow a little pushback.    The images appear to be from a variety of non-JFK-related guns.   

I'd be very interested in the identifying marks of the two guns in question.

K

Regarding the Mannlicher Carcano in question, serial number C 2766. My research indicates the black and white images are from C 2766, indicating "MADE ITALY" and "CAL 6.5".

image.jpeg.f340dfaab6395b9df9ac25c4be745c2b.jpeg

image.jpeg.34e469a28ebf58d9d4e540447b86558f.jpeg

"CAL 6.5" image should be attached below.

The color image is not of C 2766. It is the same model.

This is where I sourced the images:

http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/c2766.html

https://www.recoilweb.com/carcano-kennedy-assassination-rifle-161186.html

Additionally, on July 2, 1964, Attorney Mark Lane testified to the Warren Commission after examining C 2766.

"I told the Commission that, while not a rifle expert, I was able to see that it was a 6.5 Italian rifle because stamped clearly on the rifle were the words 'MADE ITALY' and 'CAL 6.5'"

Mark Lane, "Rush To Judgment", Pg 96

Regarding the Mauser in question: you're not going to find any other specifics about that exact rifle, because they made it disappear. So I did research and searched for all images of Mauser rifles that would have been available in 1963 and then looked for any engravings on those rifles. That second collage is the result.

image.jpeg

Edited by Denny Zartman