The Education Forum

Rich Delarosa and the “other” film of the assassination

29 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Oh no.  Why did I mention that.  Now it will be stuck in my head.

This thread is about a video.  Sometimes sharing a song will ease my affliction.

Note the duck walk ah la Chuck Berry.  Also, the face-to-face jams and the emcee rushing out at the end to congratulate the mysterious sitting down back to the audience guitarist.

Since the lead singer has to be Buffalo Springfield, what was his name?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

the mysterious sitting down back to the audience guitarist.

One mystery that I do know the solution of - that's Jim Messina who replaced their original bassist.

15 hours ago, Keven Hofeling said:

image.png.30a2f85154cec0e8205e083203adb7ee.png

I also have a vague memory of the pergola shooter evidence that you and @Ron Ege are referring to. Seems to me I saw it in "Murder in Dealey Plaza" or one of the other anthologies that was edited by Jim Fetzer in the 1990's.

More recently, I saw it in a video that @Keyvan Shahrdar posted in another thread (and which Shahrdar seems to feel particularly strongly about) which I have linked you to below (Cued for you to 1:33 of the video in advance):

Keven, thank you and thanks to Keyvan Shahrdar.

Video is not the one I recall; my memory of that one is that it was not coordinated with other photo/video evidence.  This one provides more detail.  

I know not what Keyvan's "particularly strong" indicates precisely, but their were at least two people who were in a prime position to posit an opinion as to where the shot(s) originated:

Abraham Zapruder: "back of me"

Bill Newman: "garden DIRECTLY BEHIND (emphasis mine) me" 

On 5/21/2024 at 11:53 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I doubt it myself.  But somewhere recessed?  Second floor of the TSBD, one office was reportedly locked if I remember right?

The Dorman film is from the 4th floor, right?

23 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've always taken Zapruder's statement of behind to the right to mean the GK/behind the fence. 

There is also a phenomenon called front-back reversal. People can misinterpret a shot fired from in front of them as coming from behind them, which is what I believe happened with Zapruder and others.

That said, I am not convinced by Shahrdar’s video. Moving tree shadows could account for what he is seeing. There might have been someone in the pergola or not, but I don’t think there was a shot from there. I am not seeing what he is describing, and I think a shot from that location would have exited on the left side of the head. No one seems to have seen any exit wound there.

I also am pretty confident that the Z313 shot was a product of film alteration, not the actual Kennedy head shot. I do think that there was a shot when the limo was in the Z313 location, but that it was the one that got Connally.

I also think that not only was the Z-film altered, but the others were also altered—more than just the missing frames that Nix described.

5 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

That said, I am not convinced by Shahrdar’s video. Moving tree shadows could account for what he is seeing. There might have been someone in the pergola or not, but I don’t think there was a shot from there.

I have watched the video several times and there is movement in that 3rd window. I can't think of any explanation except that a person is back there and they are up to something. Would welcome an explanation that says otherwise. 

11 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I can't think of any explanation except that a person is back there and they are up to something. Would welcome an explanation that says otherwise. 

There could have been a person back there who was not "up to something." If there was, in fact, somebody back there. 

1 hour ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

There could have been a person back there who was not "up to something." If there was, in fact, somebody back there. 

I appreciate your thoughts. Like a lot of things about the JFKA, you see something unusual and probe to figure out what exactly you are dealing with. In this case, what is the movement in that third window due to? There really is no innocent explanation if it is a person. If its not a person what is it? A bird building a nest?  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I appreciate your thoughts. Like a lot of things about the JFKA, you see something unusual and probe to figure out what exactly you are dealing with. In this case, what is the movement in that third window due to? There really is no innocent explanation if it is a person. If its not a person what is it? A bird building a nest?  

Honestly, I don't know what it is in the video. I don't see the same movement that has some people excited. Maybe there's something there, maybe a person standing there, maybe compression artifacts, maybe shadows, maybe a "bird building a nest." But I don't think it's a shooter. All the people who ran up the hill immediately after the shots found nothing there. I do like the Acoustical evidence, which places one shot coming from "the Grassy Knoll" with "95 percent or better probability," but I think this shot came from the SS follow-up car on the road in front of the GK. With the 25' (IIRC) or so "wiggle room" that the acoustical experts gave for right-left variance from the test-shot location actually allowing for a front-variance as well, it seems like the most likely solution--and explains all the shenanigans. The AR-15 accident explains so much of the shenanigans that I absolutely believe it. (Plus, among other things, there's the "Shanklin memo" that John Hunt found, placing the gun that fired the bullet that "apparently killed the President" in the hands of the SS immediately after the assassination.) Put everything together, and there is much more evidence for my SS shooter (Hickey) than for any hypothetical shooter in the pergola, for which there is not really any evidence aside from a vague something (maybe) in a video. 

Edited by Denise Hazelwood
typo fix

The film that I saw in NYC in 1964 was the Zapruder. I think it was unaltered.  I am the only one I know who knows about it will talk about it publicly...

7 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

The film that I saw in NYC in 1964 was the Zapruder. I think it was unaltered.  I am the only one I know who knows about it will talk about it publicly...

How many years later until you saw it again and did it cause you to doubt any particular memory from 64'?

I used the initial viewing to evaluate what I saw after that...

On 5/29/2024 at 4:34 AM, Pamela Brown said:

I used the initial viewing to evaluate what I saw after that...

i think my question to you on your initial impression upon seeing the later, and in my opinion altered, Z film may have sounded like I was casting doubt. But that was not my intention. 

On 5/27/2024 at 9:27 PM, Pamela Brown said:

Thanks for the reply, Pamela and everyone else!  What do you recall seeing in the 1964 film, versus what you observed when seeing the “official” Zapruder film later on?  I apologize if you’ve posted this before.