The Education Forum

Lillian Zapruder as the Babuska Lady?

51 minutes ago, Kevin Balch said:

Why doesn’t Abraham Zapruder mention that his wife was there?

Probably because she wasn't there in Dealey Plaza, Kevin! Why do you think she was present?  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Chris Scally said:

Probably because she wasn't there in Dealey Plaza, Kevin! Why do you think she was present?  

Pretty sure it was a rhetorical question 🙂

4 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

Just my opinion but I don’t think Beverly Oliver looks anything like the babushka lady.  The babushka lady also appears to be much older, possibly in her fifties or sixties.

IMG_0121.jpeg

Not the Babushka Lady.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Chris Scally said:

I don’t. But it’s a question those who claim or believe she was should have asked themselves.

It’s against human nature to ask critical questions about one’s theories that are designed to prove them false. But it prevents a lot of bad ideas from emerging from the crib and if the theory survives the questions, it is more stronger for having done so.

That’s why ideas like Zapruder filmed at 48 frames per second or that Greer had the brakes to the floor to make a complete stop survive and lead people down rabbit holes.

Edited by Kevin Balch

I believe Greer tapped the brakes at about 12 mph, slowing to virtually a stop.  Possibly then a full stop as he turned to look.  Brake light seen in a picture.

Nice to see you post Chris, for the first time in a long time.

Regarding rabbit holes.  I've seen this one live, in an altered state.

21 hours ago, Mike Aitken said:

This may be true, but I can say with a lot of confidence that the babushka lady is definitely not Beverly Oliver.

On the other hand, the cheeks, nose, and lump on the nose seem to fit in these images.  Who knows.

Gary Shaw was the one who "found" Beverly Oliver at a church revival. He says he was not looking for her and she was not looking for him. I have seen both Gary Shaw and Beverly Oliver in the same room saying this and I believe them.

99% chance Babushka Lady is Beverly Oliver. This does not mean I believe everything that Beverly Oliver has said such as Lee Harvey Oswald meeting Jack Ruby in the Carousel Club.

Have you ever personally spoken to either Gary Shaw or Beverly Oliver?

5 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Nice to see you post Chris, for the first time in a long time.

Thanks, Ron. Ill health (and two heart surgeries in the past year) have kept me quiet for a while!

Chris.

9 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

I don’t. But it’s a question those who claim or believe she was should have asked themselves.

It’s against human nature to ask critical questions about one’s theories that are designed to prove them false. But it prevents a lot of bad ideas from emerging from the crib and if the theory survives the questions, it is more stronger for having done so.

That’s why ideas like Zapruder filmed at 48 frames per second or that Greer had the brakes to the floor to make a complete stop survive and lead people down rabbit holes.

OK, Kevin - understood. No offense meant, and I fully agree with you about the myriad of pointless rabbit holes surrounding this issue.

Chris.

11 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Regarding rabbit holes.  I've seen this one live, in an altered state.

🤣Ha!  I saw Airplane @ Bath Festival in U.K. 1970.  Course it was wet, & Grace got a belt off the mic....won't type what she came out with.

Posted (edited)

The camera used by the Babushka Lady is a still-picture camera as shown in an Allen photo. The original Allen negatives that were lost for nearly 50 years were found again. I received a copy of the original negative a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, even though the image is clearer, the definition of the copy I received is not very high, so I was unable to see more details than the copies that circulate on the web. 

Edited by Denis Morissette

On 5/23/2024 at 8:06 AM, Denise Hazelwood said:

Why do you say that? I thought it had been pretty clear much decided that she was Beverly Oliver. 

I receive surveillance snippets on a daily basis in a law enforcement capacity, though I am by no means a savant in facial and profile recognition like some of my colleagues, but looking at the photos of the babushka lady, there is no resemblance to Beverly Oliver or any other seventeen-year-old for that matter, in my opinion.  The babushka lady very much appears to be a middle-aged to elderly woman.

On 5/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, Chris Scally said:

Ill health (and two heart surgeries in the past year) have kept me quiet for a while!

Chris.

Yeah, but can't keep a good man down!

On 5/23/2024 at 9:38 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I believe Greer tapped the brakes at about 12 mph, slowing to virtually a stop.  Possibly then a full stop as he turned to look.  Brake light seen in a picture.

We shouldn’t have to “believe” what happened. There are ways to calculate the implications of the limo stopping based on basic physics, test data on passenger response to deceleration, response times of skilled drivers and some reasonable assumptions that if not precisely accurate, are not likely to be off significantly. I am astonished that none of those researchers who have masters or PhDs in physics haven’t done this.